PDA

View Full Version : NHL Fantasy Draft Vote!

fischbowl
05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/ryang_bucket/250px-Voteordiesp.jpg

Vote or Die!

fischbowl
05-05-2008, 09:21 PM
The Buffalo Fischbowls

Even Strength:

(RW/C/LW)

Line 1:

Patrick Kane - Ryan Getzlaf - Henrik Zetterberg A
Jason Pominville C - Brad Boyes - Thomas Vanek
Lee Stempniak - Phil Kessel A- Mike Cammalleri
Chris Higgins - Joe Pavelski - Chris Kunitz

Defensive Pairings:

Dion Phaneuf - Alexander Edler
Jack Johnson - Joe Corvo
Matt Carle - Daniel Girardi

Goaltenders (tandem:

Nicklas Backstrom
Tomas Vokoun

Power Play 1:

Jason Pominville - Brad Boyes - Henrik Zetterberg
Dion Phaneuf - Joe Corvo

Power Play 2:

Lee Stempniak - Ryan Getzlaf - Thomas Vanek
Alexander Edler - Daniel Girardi

Penalty Kill 1:

Thomas Vanek - Chris Kunitz
Matt Carle - Dion Phaneuf

Penalty Kill 2:

Chris Higgins - Brad Boyes
Alexander Edler - Jack Johnson

My philosophy for the draft was based on youth and potential. As you can see, my team is chock full of youth, my oldest player is the 30 year old Joe Corvo. The players I drafted are team players with high ceilings.

Line 1 is the hero line. We feature Patrick Kane, the 2007 #1 overall pick, a points machine. Ryan Getzlaf is a fast rising star with the powerful Ducks and Henrik Zetterberg is among the greatest players in the game today.

All three players on the second line are goal scorers. Vanek scored 43 goals in 2006-2007 and Brad Boyes followed suit with 43 of his own in 07-08. Jason Pominville, team captain, is a great sniper who scored 34 in 06-07 and 27 in 07-08.

The Third Line Is Very Solid. 25 year old Stempniak is a very smart and hard working wing. Phil Kessel, one of the hardest players in the league, is a points machine. Mike Cammalleri is one of the league's top young stars. Mike is small but his size does not affect his play. He scored 34 goals in 06-07

The fourth and final offensive line is full of potential. Kunitz and Higgins are scoring machines and Joe Pavelski is a rising star in San Jose.

I paired the defencemen as such. Each pair consists of an offensive-minded defenceman and a defensive-minded defenceman. Dion Phaneuf is the best young defenceman in the game. Alexander Edler and Jack Johnson have received much recognition for their great play, and are considered among the best rookie defencemen this year. Joe Corvo is very underrated for a veteran defenceman who has scored more than 10 goals in the last two years. Daniel Girardi was a sleeper pick. He spent his first full year in the NHL this year with the Rangers and was relatively quiet despite scoring 10 goals. He is a sleeper defenceman to look out for in years to come.

Backstrom and Vokoun are both very underrated goaltenders. Vokoun was an all-star this past year with the Florida Panthers.

Vote for the Buffalo Fischbowls!

fischbowl
05-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Team DJP

Even Strength

Dany Heatley - Evgeni Malkin -Tomas Holmstrom
Ales Hemsky - Daniel Briere -Olli Jokinen(A)
Alex Tanguay -Scott Gomez - Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Vinny Prospal - Mikko Koivu(A) - Jaromir Jagr

Chris Pronger (C) -Jay Bouwmeester
Erik Johnson- Braydon Coburn
Michal Rozsival - Ron Hainsey

Goaltenders(tandem)
Carey Price
Marty Turco

Powerplay 1

Dany Heatley -Daniel Briere -Tomas Holmstrom
Evgeni Malkin - Chris Pronger

Powerplay 2

Ales Hemsky - Olli Jokinen - Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Alex Tanguay- Jay Bouwmeester

Penalty Kill 1

Scott Gomez - Dany Heatley
Chris Pronger -Jay Bouwmeester

Penalty Kill 2

Mikko Koivu - Alex Tanguay
Erik Johnson - Braydon Coburn

I feel like I have a really balanced team. My first line IMO is up there with the best in this draft, as with my first defensive pairing.

Heatley is one of the best snipers in the game, Malkin one of the best playmakers (and a great shot to boot), and Holmstrom is the best player in front of the net in the game. This one pretty much speaks for itself. IMO second best line in the draft next to Woot's Nash-Crosby-Gaborik line.

I really like my second line as well, it was tough to decide on which of my centers to play wing, but I decided on Jokinen since he has experience playing there and I just feel he fits that role better than Briere. It was down to those two. Hemsky is a rising star and nearly played at a PPG clip. I think he reaches that playing with these linemates.

The third line was tough to put together. I am a big Scotty Gomez fan, he does a lot of things right and pairing him with a true passer like Bouchard can only increase his point totals. Tanguay has a great shot and is a great compliment to this line. He is also a great two way player, and can more than make up for what PMB is lacking in defense.

The fourth line is centered by my favorite player in the NHL, Mikko Koivu. Koivu was rated the most underrated player in the NHL as voted by his peers. He has virtually no weaknesses in his game and can win key faceoffs late in games. I also love his intensity. As far as Prospal goes, he is about as solid of a fourth liner as you can get in this and I tried to pair a sniper with a playmaker on every line. Jagr is a wild card, IMO he will play 3-4 more years, and even if he's only going to play 2 more years, he'll still produce when it counts. A great guy to have on your team during playoff time.

Defensively, I like all of my pairings. Pronger-Bouwmeester will kill you, Erik Johnson is the best young defensive prospect in the game, as he has the complete package. Coburn is excellent in his own zone, and can make the pass up the ice as needed. The third pairing won't put up much points but they know what they're doing. Probably the weakest part of my team.

I am really liking the way my goalies turned out. Carey Price is the best young goalie in the game, and it's really not even close. I don't think he can handle the full load yet, which is why I picked up Marty Turco. Turco's only problem was his playoff reputation which he has cemented this year as a positive one. He can take Price under his wing and help him improve the worst part of his game, which is playing the puck. Turco is the best in the NHL at this.

Oh, and as for my powerplay.. I mean.. the first one is absolutely ridiculous. Malkin is a monster from the point, Pronger has a rocket.. I have the #3 and #5 PP scorers from this past season in Briere and Malkin. Holmstrom is absolutely cash on the PP in front of the net. The second one has Jokinen and Hemsky (#18 and #28 in PP scoring respectively), a great point man in Tanguay, and Bouchard is a wizard with the puck on the PP.

Any comments on my team are greatly appreciated, I will rate every team as I did last time we had one of these.

Xiomera
Team Xiomera

Forward Lines
Brenden Morrow - Pavel Datsyuk - Johan Franzen
Dustin Penner - Paul Stastny - Nicklas Backstrom
Ryan Smyth - Eric Staal - Jonathan Cheechoo
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Patrick Sharp

Defense Pairings
Brian Rafalski - Niklas Kronwall
Matt Niskanen - Anton Volchenkov
Wade Redden - Sergei Zubov

Goaltenders
Jean-Sebastian Giguere
Pascal Leclaire

First Power Play Unit
Paul Stastny Pavel Datsyuk Johan Franzen
Brian Rafalski Sergei Zubov

Second Power Play Unit
Nicklas Backstrom Eric Staal Ryan Smyth
Niklas Kronwall Wade Redden

First Penalty Killing Unit
Patrick Sharp Pavel Datsyuk
Niklas Kronwall Anton Volchenkov

Second Penalty Killing Unit
Johan Franzen Brenden Morrow
Matt Niskanen Brian Rafalski

Team Leaders
Captain - Brenden Morrow
Asst. Captain - Pavel Datsyuk
Asst. Captain - Ryan Smyth

Offense: The strength of my team is up the middle with my centermen. Pavel Datsyuk is the most exciting player in the game, and will win the Selke Trophy as the best two-way forward this season. I have a tremendous mix of youth and experience. Nicklas Backstrom is a Rookie of the Year finalist. Team Captain Brenden Morrow brings leadership and aggression to my team. Johan Franzen is the hottest player in the league, scoring 27 goals and 8 assists in his last 26 games played. Line chemisty should not be a problem. The Sedin twins are a dynamic duo. Cheechoo and Penner are the snipers off the wing.

Defense: Easily the most offensively capable defense corps. of any of the teams. Rafalski and Kronwall provide the perfect mix of skills on the blue line. Kronwall delivers hits that invoke memories of the Great Vladimir Knostantinov. Niskanen and Volchenkov provide youth, while Redden and Zubov provide veteran savvy and leadership.

Goaltending: J-S Giguere is a Stanley Cup winning goaltender, and has also taken a cinderella team to the finals, winning the Playoff MVP award in a losing effort. Pascal Leclaire is one of the finest young goaltenders in the league and provides a perfect backup netminder to this team.

Special Teams: The power play units are anchored by strong net-front presences in Ryan Smyth and Johan Franzen, two of the vert best in the league at screening the goalie and tipping pucks into the net. Datsyuk and Backstrom are the playmakers down low on their respective units. On the blue line, Rafalski and Zubov are excellent powerplay Quarterbacks. On the penalty, this team is blessed with some of the best penalty killing forwards in the game. Patrick Sharp tied for the league lead this year with 7 shorthanded goals. Datsyuk led the league in takeaways, more than doubling the total of the runner-up in that category.

Overall, a perfect mix of offense, defense, youth, experience, goaltending and special teams play.

fischbowl
Eaglez.Fan

TEAM AVERY

Even Strength

Sean Avery { C } - Vincent Lecavalier - Nikolai Zherdev
Milan Michalek - Joe Thornton - JP Dumont
Marian Hossa - Brad Richards - Martin Erat
Sam Gagner - Patrick Marleau - Marek Svatos

Zdeno Chara - Sergei Gonchar
Tomas Kaberle - Ryan Whitney
Ed Jovanovski { A }- John Michael Liles

Les Goalies
Miikka Kipprusoff { A }
Martin Brodeur

PowerPlay numero uno
Marian Hossa - Joe Thornton - JP Dumont
Sergei Gonchar - Ryan Whitney

PowerPlay numero dos
Milan Michalek - Vincent Lecavalier - Nikolai Zherdev
Zdeno Chara - Tomas Kaberle

PowerKill
Sam Gagner - Sean Avery
Zdeno Chara - Ed Jovanovski

PowerKill
Martin Erat - John Michael Liles

Okay, I went with a different style this year. No more trap. I wanted to be very good and deep down the middle, and I obviously achieved that. I wanted a balanced lineup and mixed up the lines pretty well. I wanted an pest and got one with Avery. I wanted good goalies and got both Miika and Marty. I added some young talent near the end whom will contribute in the 3rd season. My team is big and skilled which in the long-run wins games. I also drafted my defensemen pretty early and got some great ones. On my PP I got the amazing combo of Whitney/Gonchar, which will lead my 1st PP. Oh and I have Sean "the great" Avery. Oh and did I mention I have Sean Avery? Oh and, Avery is my captain.[/center]

fischbowl
05-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Canadian Kid

Even Strength

Alexander Ovechkin [A] - Anze Kopitar - Martin St Louis [A]
Wojtek Wolski - Antoine Vermette - Jiri Tlusty
Andrew Cogliano - Joe Sakic [C] - Kristian Huselius
Valterri Filppula - Jeff Carter - Dan Boyle

Brian Campbell - Duncan Keith
Kris Letang - Cam Barker
Marc Staal - Shea Weber

Goaltenders(tandem)

Henrick Lundqvist
Vesa Toskala

Powerplay 1

Wojtek Wolski - Anze Kopitar - Martin St Louis
Alex Ovechkin - Brian Campbell

Powerplay 2

Antoine Vermette - Joe Sakic - Jiri Tlusty
Kris Letang - Shea Weber

Penalty Kill 1

Joe Sakic - Dan Boyle
Duncan Keith - Marc Staal

Penalty Kill 2

Antoine Vermette - Martin St Louis
Brian Campbell - Shea Weber

I feel that I have one of the highest scoring teams in the league, but that same team also has the ability to win low scoring games with the goaltending of Lundqvist and Toskala. My offense is young and explosive, and in three years almost every player has the ability to be a top line player. My Top line has the epicness which is Alexander the Great, someone who can win a game on his own with his speed, power and shooting ability. Kopitar and St Louis add the necessary playmaking and defensive ability in order to not have this line a complete liability in our own zone.

Line Two has a playmaker and faceoff man in Vermette, someone who will go and get the puck in the corners in Wolski, and the pure scorers talent in Tlusty. this line is well balanced, and can go out and the goals when called upon.

Line Three features a young star with two of the more crafty veterans in the league. Although Sakic may not be playing much longer, even if he only sticks around for two of the years, that will be enough to teach Cogliano about some of the games finer points, and also enough to throw some consistency onto Huselius, who is one of the games better scorers when he's focused on playing hockey.

With Filppula and Carter on the foruth line, this line gives me a high energy type line, with players who aren't afraid to muck it up in the corners, but can also pot a goal or two when necessary. As you can see, I picked a seventh defensemen, but this isn't really that much of a hindrence, as he is an offensive defenseman; someone who can shut down an opposing player, but can also start a rush in an instant. I will probably play this line against another team's top line to prevent them from scoring.

My defensemen are all young, but all have the potential to be a #1 defenseman for teams in the NHL. Campbell and Keith provide a great mix of offense and defense, as Keith had one of the highest +/- ratings on an average Blackhawks team. We all know what Campbell can do with the puck, and he allows my team to transistion quickly, opening up the possibility for 2on1's or 3on2's

Letang and Barker are two of the top young defensemen in the league, and they, like my first pairing, are a pair that provide both offense and defense. By the third year of the dynasty, they both be shut down players, which is what I was going for. I expect to have the best team by year three of the dynasty.

Staal and Weber provide the defensive ability that my team lacks. Both have great shots as well, but their physical play is what they are known for. I got to watch Staal up close for 3-4 years while he played for the Sudbury Wolves, and I know personally how much of a defensive force he can be.

My goalies consist of one of the Top 3 goalies in the game right now in Lundqvist, and a goalie who singlehandedly brought the Leafs from the first pick to the seventh pick in Toskala. Lundqvist can steal a game or two from me early in the dynasty when the defense of the team falters, and Toskala can step in when Lundqvist needs a break without missing a beat. Both are solid goalies who have lots of years left in the tank.

I have enough offense to have the making of an amazing powerplay. The thing that I am really looking forward too is Ovechkin and Campbell working the point, allows for lots of screened shots to the net with Wolski screening the goalie. My PK is also solid with Sakic and Vermette being able to win the faceoffs when they matter, and having five defensemen on the PK is also a plus. A solid team overall

fischbowl
05-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Jensen

Forward Lines:
Ilya Kovalchuk - Jason Spezza - Nathan Horton (A)
Dustin Brown - Derek Roy - Alexander Radulov
Erik Cole - Tomas Plekanec - Joffrey Lupul
Marco Sturm - Mike Fisher (A) - Trent Hunter

Defensive Pairings:
Mike Green - Brent Burns
Paul Ranger - Brent Seabrook (C)
Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Johnny Oduya

Goalies (kinda a tandem, probably split 55/25 in favor of Fleury)
Marc-Andre Fleury
Ilya Bryzgalov

First Power-Play Unit:
Ilya Kovalchuk - Jason Spezza - Nathan Horton
Mike Green - Derek Roy

Second Power-Play Unit:
Dustin Brown - Tomas Plekanec - Alexander Radulov
Paul Ranger - Brent Burns

First Penalty Kill Unit:
Mike Fisher - Trent Hunter
Brent Burns - Brent Seabrook

Second Penalty Kill Unit:
Derek Roy - Erik Cole

First line of Kovalchuk - Spezza - Horton is the perfect line combination. Not only does Kovalchuk get his playmaking center, he also gets a grinding winger in Horton who will battle endlessly for pucks along the boards. Kovalchuk paired with a great playmaking center = automatic win. Horton can screen the goalie, play the body, and grind it out all day long while being very productive offensively. Spezza is a top 3 playmaking center in the NHL IMO, and working with Kovalchuk, who is the best sniper besides Ovechkin in the NHL, should be easy.

Second line of Brown - Roy - Radulov is a rather young line, but I like the mix of speed, skill, and grit. Brown is arguably the best checker in the entire NHL, while Radulov is a blooming star with loads of potential and speed. Roy has been in the league for a couple years, and proved last year he was capable of being a #1 center. Roy can also get back on defense, and Brown is an under-the-radar 2-way player.

Third line of Cole - Plekanec - Lupul is once again a nice combination of size, skill, and grit. Cole is a great hitter, and is not afraid to stand in the crease. Plekanec is also a blooming star, and should have no trouble anchoring this line. Lupul has a nice shot and decent speed too.

Fourth line of Sturm - Fisher - Hunter is your checking line. Fisher is one of the best 2-way players in the game, while Hunter is also a great 2-way player who is in the top 10 in hits in the league. Sturm provides great speed for that line and a nice shot to boot. This line won't be the best offensively, but could possibly be the best shutdown line here.

The defensive core is rather young, but still experienced. Seabrook has captain written all over him, and is one of the best 2-way defenseman in the league. I firmly believe this guy can shutdown any top line in the league. Burns is going to be a stud on defense, but probably even better than Seabrook. Burns has a cannon of a shot, is very physical, and is also a great shutdown defenseman. Mike Green is one of the best offensive-defenseman in the NHL today, leading defenseman in goals with 18. He is still in his early 20's as well. Paul Ranger is a great offensive-defenseman when not bothered by injuries, but is not the best defenseive-defenseman around, which is why he is paired with Seabrook.

The last defensive pairing is the shutdown pairing. Vlasic is one of the best young shutdown defenseman in the NHL, and Oduya is an under-the-radar guy who was in the top 5 in +/- on an offensively-challenged New Jersey team. This pairing should be capable of shutting down any line in the NHL.

Marc-Andre Fleury is finally starting to show why he was a former #1 overall pick and he should do nothing but get better over the next three years. He is probably in the top 3 best young goalies in the league. Backing him up is Ilya Bryzgalov, who, when given the opportunity to start, blossomed. Bryzgalov was amazing for a not so great Phoenix team, and should be more than capable of backing up MAF and starting once or twice a week.

Overall, I think my offense is underrated, but will still score at will. All four lines have a nice mix of speed, skill, grit, and size. The defensive core has 2 offensive-minded defenseman, 2 great 2-way defenseman, and 2 shutdown defenseman, couldn't ask for anything better. The goalie tandem should be one of the best, with both goalies being two of the best young goalies in the NHL.

fischbowl
05-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Team WOOT.

Even Strength

Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby(C) - Marian Gaborik(A)
Zach Parise - Marc Savard - Martin Havlat
Milan Lucic - Peter Mueller - THE GREAT Andrei Kostitsyn
Patrick O'Sullivan - Kyle Turris - Kyle Okposo

Andrei Markov(A) - Mike Komisarek
Tobias Enstrom - Francois Beauchemin
Andrej Meszaros - Jeff Schultz

Goaltenders(tandem)

Roberto Luongo
Josh Harding

Powerplay 1

Rick Nash - Marc Savard - Marian Gaborik
Andrei Markov - Tobias Enstrom

Powerplay 2

Zach Parise - Sidney Crosby - Andrei Kostitsyn
Andrej Meszaros - Francois Beauchemin

Penalty Kill 1

Sidney Crosby - Milan Lucic
Mike Komisarek - Andrei Markov

Penalty Kill 2

Rick Nash - Martin Havlat
Francois Beauchemin - Tobias Enstrom

I'm not any good at writing a big text in english so I'll skip this step.

SuperMcGee
05-05-2008, 09:34 PM
SuperMcGee

Forward Lines
Alexander Frolov - Mike Richards - Jarome Iginla (A)
Ryan Malone - Chris Drury (A) - Daniel Alfredsson
Alexander Semin - Mike Ribeiro - Corey Perry
Justin Williams - Jonathan Toews - Shane Doan

Defense Pairings
Nicklas Lidstrom (C) - Ryan Suter
Robyn Regehr - Kimmo Timonen
Henrik Tallinder - Lubomir Visnovsky

Goaltenders
Evgeni Nabokov
Ryan Miller

First Power Play Unit
Alex Semin Mike Richards Jarome Iginla
Nicklas Lidstrom Daniel Alfredsson

Second Power Play Unit
Mike Ribeiro Chris Drury Corey Perry
Lubomir Visnovsky Kimmo Timonen

Chris Drury Daniel Alfredsson
Nicklas Lidstrom Henrik Tallinder

Mike Richards Ryan Malone
Robyn Regehr Kimmo Timonen

princefielder28
05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!

djp
05-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I voted for Xio, even though I don't like his goaltending as much as some other people. Just has too much depth scoringwise.

Woot's team has the most potential, but I think for the 3 year window we had decided on, Xio's team would win.

IMO (without ranking my team), it goes

1. Xio
2. Woot
3. Super

Xiomera
05-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Excluding my team from the rankings:

I would vote . . .

1 - DJP
2 - Woot
3 - Eaglez.Fan

fischbowl
05-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I Voted For Myself Because I am A Douche. Other Than Yours Truly I Would Vote For:

1. Woot
2. Xio
3. Jensen

with DJP and McGee as a close 5th andd 6th

Wootylicous
05-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Bump! Keep voting !

Eaglez.Fan
05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
1. DJP
2. SM
3. Jensen

fischbowl
05-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Just wondering the second person to send a vote my way!

Thanks To Whoever You Are!

Xiomera
05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Just wondering the second person to send a vote my way!

Thanks To Whoever You Are!

It was ERU. That bastard.

Wootylicous
05-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh when the poll is ending ?

fischbowl
05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh when the poll is ending ?

May 16th at 2:20 AM

And Thanks ERU! I Love You!

And A Third Guy Voted For me!

Sniper
05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
1. Xio
2. Woot
3. Fisch

Xiomera
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
1. Xio
2. Woot
3. Fisch

Good man you are.

Wootylicous
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
1. Xio
2. Woot
3. Fisch

TRAITOR ! HOW CAN YOU VOTE AGAINST THE GREAT ANDREI KOSTITSYN!

Sniper
05-06-2008, 09:47 PM
TRAITOR ! HOW CAN YOU VOTE AGAINST THE GREAT ANDREI KOSTITSYN!

It was really 1 and 1A, to be honest. Xio's depth is absurd however. His fourth line is unbelievable.

Jensen
05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
1. Xio - all-around awesome
2. EF - very underrated team, only problem I see is the older goalies
3a. Woot - not as obsessed with his team as everybody else is. First line is great, but I just think he has way too much youth to be successful over the next 3 years.
3b. djp - great goalie tandem and nice mix of experience and youth at forward and defense

djp
05-07-2008, 01:38 AM
1. Xio - all-around awesome
2. EF - very underrated team, only problem I see is the older goalies
3a. Woot - not as obsessed with his team as everybody else is. First line is great, but I just think he has way too much youth to be successful over the next 3 years.
3b. djp - great goalie tandem and nice mix of experience and youth at forward and defense

Agreed, woot, your team has the most potential, but there is a thing such as being too young.

djp
05-07-2008, 01:44 AM
The Buffalo Fischbowls

Even Strength:

(RW/C/LW)

Line 1:

Patrick Kane - Ryan Getzlaf - Henrik Zetterberg A
Jason Pominville C - Brad Boyes - Thomas Vanek
Lee Stempniak - Phil Kessel A- Mike Cammalleri
Chris Higgins - Joe Pavelski - Chris Kunitz

Defensive Pairings:

Dion Phaneuf - Alexander Edler
Jack Johnson - Joe Corvo
Matt Carle - Daniel Girardi

Goaltenders (tandem:

Nicklas Backstrom
Tomas Vokoun

Power Play 1:

Jason Pominville - Brad Boyes - Henrik Zetterberg
Dion Phaneuf - Joe Corvo

Power Play 2:

Lee Stempniak - Ryan Getzlaf - Thomas Vanek
Alexander Edler - Daniel Girardi

Penalty Kill 1:

Thomas Vanek - Chris Kunitz
Matt Carle - Dion Phaneuf

Penalty Kill 2:

Chris Higgins - Brad Boyes
Alexander Edler - Jack Johnson

My philosophy for the draft was based on youth and potential. As you can see, my team is chock full of youth, my oldest player is the 30 year old Joe Corvo. The players I drafted are team players with high ceilings.

Line 1 is the hero line. We feature Patrick Kane, the 2007 #1 overall pick, a points machine. Ryan Getzlaf is a fast rising star with the powerful Ducks and Henrik Zetterberg is among the greatest players in the game today.

All three players on the second line are goal scorers. Vanek scored 43 goals in 2006-2007 and Brad Boyes followed suit with 43 of his own in 07-08. Jason Pominville, team captain, is a great sniper who scored 34 in 06-07 and 27 in 07-08.

The Third Line Is Very Solid. 25 year old Stempniak is a very smart and hard working wing. Phil Kessel, one of the hardest players in the league, is a points machine. Mike Cammalleri is one of the league's top young stars. Mike is small but his size does not affect his play. He scored 34 goals in 06-07

The fourth and final offensive line is full of potential. Kunitz and Higgins are scoring machines and Joe Pavelski is a rising star in San Jose.

I paired the defencemen as such. Each pair consists of an offensive-minded defenceman and a defensive-minded defenceman. Dion Phaneuf is the best young defenceman in the game. Alexander Edler and Jack Johnson have received much recognition for their great play, and are considered among the best rookie defencemen this year. Joe Corvo is very underrated for a veteran defenceman who has scored more than 10 goals in the last two years. Daniel Girardi was a sleeper pick. He spent his first full year in the NHL this year with the Rangers and was relatively quiet despite scoring 10 goals. He is a sleeper defenceman to look out for in years to come.

Backstrom and Vokoun are both very underrated goaltenders. Vokoun was an all-star this past year with the Florida Panthers.

Vote for the Buffalo Fischbowls!

The more I look at this team the more I like it.. my only big problem is the goalies, who are IMO the worst in this draft. No offense, but Backstrom really isn't anything special, he benefits from a very defensive Minnesota team and the only thing he really has going for him is his positioning. His glove is dogs***. Trust me, I know. Vokoun is pretty good, but meh again.

Your forward lines are great, I think the fourth line is a little weak for an 8 team draft, but serviceable. Not sure what Phil the Thrill has done to earn an A when you have guys like Phaneuf, but still, it's not a real big problem. Zetterberg is the best winger in the NHL, Getzlaf is a rising star, and you can't say enough about Patrick Kane.. Probably one of the best if not the best line in this.. you certainly went with the right choice in the first round. I think Boyes played over his head this year, but paired with those two linemates, he can put up similar numbers. Love Vanek in front of the net and Pominville is just solid.

Defensively, Phaneuf is going to win a couple Norris Trophies but I am not sold on Alex Edler yet, and Joe Corvo, while being extremely gifted offensively, is just not any good on defense and pairing him with an inexperienced Jack Johnson could lead to some goals. Third D pairing is nothing to write home about.

Overall, it's a very solid team.. definitely in the upper half. Good job.

djp
05-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Team Xiomera

Forward Lines
Brenden Morrow - Pavel Datsyuk - Johan Franzen
Dustin Penner - Paul Stastny - Nicklas Backstrom
Ryan Smyth - Eric Staal - Jonathan Cheechoo
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Patrick Sharp

Defense Pairings
Brian Rafalski - Niklas Kronwall
Matt Niskanen - Anton Volchenkov
Wade Redden - Sergei Zubov

Goaltenders
Jean-Sebastian Giguere
Pascal Leclaire

First Power Play Unit
Paul Stastny Pavel Datsyuk Johan Franzen
Brian Rafalski Sergei Zubov

Second Power Play Unit
Nicklas Backstrom Eric Staal Ryan Smyth
Niklas Kronwall Wade Redden

Patrick Sharp Pavel Datsyuk
Niklas Kronwall Anton Volchenkov

Johan Franzen Brenden Morrow
Matt Niskanen Brian Rafalski

Team Leaders
Captain - Brenden Morrow
Asst. Captain - Pavel Datsyuk
Asst. Captain - Ryan Smyth

Offense: The strength of my team is up the middle with my centermen. Pavel Datsyuk is the most exciting player in the game, and will win the Selke Trophy as the best two-way forward this season. I have a tremendous mix of youth and experience. Nicklas Backstrom is a Rookie of the Year finalist. Team Captain Brenden Morrow brings leadership and aggression to my team. Johan Franzen is the hottest player in the league, scoring 27 goals and 8 assists in his last 26 games played. Line chemisty should not be a problem. The Sedin twins are a dynamic duo. Cheechoo and Penner are the snipers off the wing.

Defense: Easily the most offensively capable defense corps. of any of the teams. Rafalski and Kronwall provide the perfect mix of skills on the blue line. Kronwall delivers hits that invoke memories of the Great Vladimir Knostantinov. Niskanen and Volchenkov provide youth, while Redden and Zubov provide veteran savvy and leadership.

Goaltending: J-S Giguere is a Stanley Cup winning goaltender, and has also taken a cinderella team to the finals, winning the Playoff MVP award in a losing effort. Pascal Leclaire is one of the finest young goaltenders in the league and provides a perfect backup netminder to this team.

Special Teams: The power play units are anchored by strong net-front presences in Ryan Smyth and Johan Franzen, two of the vert best in the league at screening the goalie and tipping pucks into the net. Datsyuk and Backstrom are the playmakers down low on their respective units. On the blue line, Rafalski and Zubov are excellent powerplay Quarterbacks. On the penalty, this team is blessed with some of the best penalty killing forwards in the game. Patrick Sharp tied for the league lead this year with 7 shorthanded goals. Datsyuk led the league in takeaways, more than doubling the total of the runner-up in that category.

Overall, a perfect mix of offense, defense, youth, experience, goaltending and special teams play.

Xio knows what I think about his team... I think it's the best team for a couple reasons..

1. Line compatibility.
2. Defensive forwards
3. Powerplay potential

I am not going to write a real big thing here, but the line combos are perfect. A playmaker, a sniper, and a grinder on every line.

Defensively, this is my only minor concern with your team. Rafalski and Zubov are aging, and while they'll probably play 3 years, I think they might drop off some. Niskanen is very good, no complaints here on that pick. Volchenkov is solid and great in his own end. Redden is all about offense, which is fine since you have him paired with Zubov.

Goaltending is okay... Giguere has been inconsistent since his SCP performance of 2003 but certainly can be dominant at times... I think Leclaire is pretty good, I'd still take DiPietro over him, though.

djp
05-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Eaglez.Fan

TEAM AVERY

Even Strength

Sean Avery { C } - Vincent Lecavalier - Nikolai Zherdev
Milan Michalek - Joe Thornton - JP Dumont
Marian Hossa - Brad Richards - Martin Erat
Sam Gagner - Patrick Marleau - Marek Svatos

Zdeno Chara - Sergei Gonchar
Ed Jovanovski { A }- John Michael Liles

Les Goalies
Miikka Kipprusoff { A }
Martin Brodeur

PowerPlay numero uno
Marian Hossa - Joe Thornton - JP Dumont
Sergei Gonchar - Ryan Whitney

PowerPlay numero dos
Milan Michalek - Vincent Lecavalier - Nikolai Zherdev
Zdeno Chara - Tomas Kaberle

PowerKill
Sam Gagner - Sean Avery
Zdeno Chara - Ed Jovanovski

PowerKill
Martin Erat - John Michael Liles

Okay, I went with a different style this year. No more trap. I wanted to be very good and deep down the middle, and I obviously achieved that. I wanted a balanced lineup and mixed up the lines pretty well. I wanted an pest and got one with Avery. I wanted good goalies and got both Miika and Marty. I added some young talent near the end whom will contribute in the 3rd season. My team is big and skilled which in the long-run wins games. I also drafted my defensemen pretty early and got some great ones. On my PP I got the amazing combo of Whitney/Gonchar, which will lead my 1st PP. Oh and I have Sean "the great" Avery. Oh and did I mention I have Sean Avery? Oh and, Avery is my captain.[/center]

This is a pretty good team.. I like Sean Avery and everything, but he will never be a captain in the NHL and he shouldn't be playing on any first lines in this draft. Hossa would have been a much better selection IMO.

I think that in terms of forwards, your left wingers and centers are great, but their is a steep drop-off when it comes to your RW. Zherdev has dangles and a great wrist shot, but he's terrible right now defensively... Dumont is pretty good.. Erat is simply okay. Svatos is another player who can't find himself inside his own blue line. Svatos and Gagner on the same line = goals against... even with Marleau.

Defensively, I love what you did. Chara and Gonchar, defense and offense... pretty much the perfect combo other than Pronger and Niedermayer. Gonchar is a little old, but I think he'll be fine for a couple more years. Kaberle is good, Whitney has good potential. Jovanovski is a shadow of his former self but still very good. I hate JM Liles.. he had one good year and is riding the coattails of that since then. He's good on the PP and that's about it...

Goaltending, very good. Kipper is great, and Marty is Marty.

Pretty good job all-around.

djp
05-07-2008, 02:04 AM
Canadian Kid

Even Strength

Alexander Ovechkin [A] - Anze Kopitar - Martin St Louis [A]
Wojtek Wolski - Antoine Vermette - Jiri Tlusty
Andrew Cogliano - Joe Sakic [C] - Kristian Huselius
Valterri Filppula - Jeff Carter - Dan Boyle

Brian Campbell - Duncan Keith
Kris Letang - Cam Barker
Marc Staal - Shea Weber

Goaltenders(tandem)

Henrick Lundqvist
Vesa Toskala

Powerplay 1

Wojtek Wolski - Anze Kopitar - Martin St Louis
Alex Ovechkin - Brian Campbell

Powerplay 2

Antoine Vermette - Joe Sakic - Jiri Tlusty
Kris Letang - Shea Weber

Penalty Kill 1

Joe Sakic - Dan Boyle
Duncan Keith - Marc Staal

Penalty Kill 2

Antoine Vermette - Martin St Louis
Brian Campbell - Shea Weber

I feel that I have one of the highest scoring teams in the league, but that same team also has the ability to win low scoring games with the goaltending of Lundqvist and Toskala. My offense is young and explosive, and in three years almost every player has the ability to be a top line player. My Top line has the epicness which is Alexander the Great, someone who can win a game on his own with his speed, power and shooting ability. Kopitar and St Louis add the necessary playmaking and defensive ability in order to not have this line a complete liability in our own zone.

Line Two has a playmaker and faceoff man in Vermette, someone who will go and get the puck in the corners in Wolski, and the pure scorers talent in Tlusty. this line is well balanced, and can go out and the goals when called upon.

Line Three features a young star with two of the more crafty veterans in the league. Although Sakic may not be playing much longer, even if he only sticks around for two of the years, that will be enough to teach Cogliano about some of the games finer points, and also enough to throw some consistency onto Huselius, who is one of the games better scorers when he's focused on playing hockey.

With Filppula and Carter on the foruth line, this line gives me a high energy type line, with players who aren't afraid to muck it up in the corners, but can also pot a goal or two when necessary. As you can see, I picked a seventh defensemen, but this isn't really that much of a hindrence, as he is an offensive defenseman; someone who can shut down an opposing player, but can also start a rush in an instant. I will probably play this line against another team's top line to prevent them from scoring.

My defensemen are all young, but all have the potential to be a #1 defenseman for teams in the NHL. Campbell and Keith provide a great mix of offense and defense, as Keith had one of the highest +/- ratings on an average Blackhawks team. We all know what Campbell can do with the puck, and he allows my team to transistion quickly, opening up the possibility for 2on1's or 3on2's

Letang and Barker are two of the top young defensemen in the league, and they, like my first pairing, are a pair that provide both offense and defense. By the third year of the dynasty, they both be shut down players, which is what I was going for. I expect to have the best team by year three of the dynasty.

Staal and Weber provide the defensive ability that my team lacks. Both have great shots as well, but their physical play is what they are known for. I got to watch Staal up close for 3-4 years while he played for the Sudbury Wolves, and I know personally how much of a defensive force he can be.

My goalies consist of one of the Top 3 goalies in the game right now in Lundqvist, and a goalie who singlehandedly brought the Leafs from the first pick to the seventh pick in Toskala. Lundqvist can steal a game or two from me early in the dynasty when the defense of the team falters, and Toskala can step in when Lundqvist needs a break without missing a beat. Both are solid goalies who have lots of years left in the tank.

I have enough offense to have the making of an amazing powerplay. The thing that I am really looking forward too is Ovechkin and Campbell working the point, allows for lots of screened shots to the net with Wolski screening the goalie. My PK is also solid with Sakic and Vermette being able to win the faceoffs when they matter, and having five defensemen on the PK is also a plus. A solid team overall

This was an interesting team... a solid young defense with some veterans mixed in with a ton of young forwards. I am getting tired, so I don't want to go into complete detail, but the strengths of this team..

1. Goaltending - Lundqvist was the first goalie taken and for good reason. He'll be the best goalie in the league before long, if he's not that guy already.

2. Young defense - Weber, Staal, Keith, Letang... great job with these. I don't like Cam Barker that much, but he could get there. Campbell to anchor it was a great idea.

3. Ovechkin and Kopitar - Two of the best young forwards in the league. Kopitar is my favorite young player out of all the new blood coming in... he's got the complete package. Size, vision, speed, aggression. Just a phenomenal talent. No explanation needed for Ovechkin.

What I don't like, is some of the forwards. Cogliano is really nothing special IMO, Tlusty is okay... Vermette is pretty much just a penalty killer with a wrist shot. Wolski is good and I do like the Sakic pick as he can mentor some of the forwards.

djp
05-07-2008, 02:09 AM
Jensen

Forward Lines:
Ilya Kovalchuk - Jason Spezza - Nathan Horton (A)
Dustin Brown - Derek Roy - Alexander Radulov
Erik Cole - Tomas Plekanec - Joffrey Lupul
Marco Sturm - Mike Fisher (A) - Trent Hunter

Defensive Pairings:
Mike Green - Brent Burns
Paul Ranger - Brent Seabrook (C)

Goalies (kinda a tandem, probably split 55/25 in favor of Fleury)
Marc-Andre Fleury
Ilya Bryzgalov

First Power-Play Unit:
Ilya Kovalchuk - Jason Spezza - Nathan Horton
Mike Green - Derek Roy

Second Power-Play Unit:
Dustin Brown - Tomas Plekanec - Alexander Radulov
Paul Ranger - Brent Burns

First Penalty Kill Unit:
Mike Fisher - Trent Hunter
Brent Burns - Brent Seabrook

Second Penalty Kill Unit:
Derek Roy - Erik Cole

First line of Kovalchuk - Spezza - Horton is the perfect line combination. Not only does Kovalchuk get his playmaking center, he also gets a grinding winger in Horton who will battle endlessly for pucks along the boards. Kovalchuk paired with a great playmaking center = automatic win. Horton can screen the goalie, play the body, and grind it out all day long while being very productive offensively. Spezza is a top 3 playmaking center in the NHL IMO, and working with Kovalchuk, who is the best sniper besides Ovechkin in the NHL, should be easy.

Second line of Brown - Roy - Radulov is a rather young line, but I like the mix of speed, skill, and grit. Brown is arguably the best checker in the entire NHL, while Radulov is a blooming star with loads of potential and speed. Roy has been in the league for a couple years, and proved last year he was capable of being a #1 center. Roy can also get back on defense, and Brown is an under-the-radar 2-way player.

Third line of Cole - Plekanec - Lupul is once again a nice combination of size, skill, and grit. Cole is a great hitter, and is not afraid to stand in the crease. Plekanec is also a blooming star, and should have no trouble anchoring this line. Lupul has a nice shot and decent speed too.

Fourth line of Sturm - Fisher - Hunter is your checking line. Fisher is one of the best 2-way players in the game, while Hunter is also a great 2-way player who is in the top 10 in hits in the league. Sturm provides great speed for that line and a nice shot to boot. This line won't be the best offensively, but could possibly be the best shutdown line here.

The defensive core is rather young, but still experienced. Seabrook has captain written all over him, and is one of the best 2-way defenseman in the league. I firmly believe this guy can shutdown any top line in the league. Burns is going to be a stud on defense, but probably even better than Seabrook. Burns has a cannon of a shot, is very physical, and is also a great shutdown defenseman. Mike Green is one of the best offensive-defenseman in the NHL today, leading defenseman in goals with 18. He is still in his early 20's as well. Paul Ranger is a great offensive-defenseman when not bothered by injuries, but is not the best defenseive-defenseman around, which is why he is paired with Seabrook.

The last defensive pairing is the shutdown pairing. Vlasic is one of the best young shutdown defenseman in the NHL, and Oduya is an under-the-radar guy who was in the top 5 in +/- on an offensively-challenged New Jersey team. This pairing should be capable of shutting down any line in the NHL.

Marc-Andre Fleury is finally starting to show why he was a former #1 overall pick and he should do nothing but get better over the next three years. He is probably in the top 3 best young goalies in the league. Backing him up is Ilya Bryzgalov, who, when given the opportunity to start, blossomed. Bryzgalov was amazing for a not so great Phoenix team, and should be more than capable of backing up MAF and starting once or twice a week.

Overall, I think my offense is underrated, but will still score at will. All four lines have a nice mix of speed, skill, grit, and size. The defensive core has 2 offensive-minded defenseman, 2 great 2-way defenseman, and 2 shutdown defenseman, couldn't ask for anything better. The goalie tandem should be one of the best, with both goalies being two of the best young goalies in the NHL.

Top 3 things..

1. Burns and Green - Everyone knows how big of a Burns fan I am, the guy has the complete package defensively and will challenge Phaneuf for years to come. It is still yet to be determined if Mike Green is going to become a guy like Paul Coffey or just an offensive threat only like Joe Corvo. I think he is going to develop well defensively.

2. First line.. Kovalchuk could score 65 goals with Spezza as his center. Horton is extremely underrated and could put up big numbers there.

3. Checking ability - This team has phenomenal checkers and would do extremely well on the forecheck while at the same time causing problems to other team's top lines. Great job here.

3b. MAF - Love the guy, great pick.

One thing I didn't like was, you don't have a ton of scoring depth compared to the other rosters.. and the defensive depth after Green and Burns is a little shaky. Also, Bryzgalov... I thought there were better goalies available.

djp
05-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Team WOOT.

Even Strength

Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby(C) - Marian Gaborik(A)
Zach Parise - Marc Savard - Martin Havlat
Milan Lucic - Peter Mueller - THE GREAT Andrei Kostitsyn
Patrick O'Sullivan - Kyle Turris - Kyle Okposo

Andrei Markov(A) - Mike Komisarek
Tobias Enstrom - Francois Beauchemin
Andrej Meszaros - Jeff Schultz

Goaltenders(tandem)

Roberto Luongo
Josh Harding

Powerplay 1

Rick Nash - Marc Savard - Marian Gaborik
Andrei Markov - Tobias Enstrom

Powerplay 2

Zach Parise - Sidney Crosby - Andrei Kostitsyn
Andrej Meszaros - Francois Beauchemin

Penalty Kill 1

Sidney Crosby - Milan Lucic
Mike Komisarek - Andrei Markov

Penalty Kill 2

Rick Nash - Martin Havlat
Francois Beauchemin - Tobias Enstrom

I'm not any good at writing a big text in english so I'll skip this step.

Like I said earlier, this team has the most pure talent, but they are a little too young. Hockey is more than just talent. I'm too damn tired but I will top 3 things.

1. First line - Hands down the best in this draft... I believe somebody else did this line during the last draft, and I wrote about it then. Perfect compliment of players for one another.

2. Talent - Like I said before, your team is absolutely loaded with talent. Top 10 picks all over the place.

3. Powerplay - Marc Savard, Powerplay Extraordinare. Great pick. He's very underrated and probably the best power play passer in the game. Finds the backdoor like none other (thats what she said)

djp
05-07-2008, 02:17 AM
SuperMcGee

Forward Lines
Alexander Frolov - Mike Richards - Jarome Iginla (A)
Ryan Malone - Chris Drury (A) - Daniel Alfredsson
Alexander Semin - Mike Ribeiro - Corey Perry
Justin Williams - Jonathan Toews - Shane Doan

Defense Pairings
Nicklas Lidstrom (C) - Ryan Suter
Robyn Regehr - Kimmo Timonen
Henrik Tallinder - Lubomir Visnovsky

Goaltenders
Evgeni Nabokov
Ryan Miller

First Power Play Unit
Alex Semin Mike Richards Jarome Iginla
Nicklas Lidstrom Daniel Alfredsson

Second Power Play Unit
Mike Ribeiro Chris Drury Corey Perry
Lubomir Visnovsky Kimmo Timonen

Chris Drury Daniel Alfredsson
Nicklas Lidstrom Henrik Tallinder

Mike Richards Ryan Malone
Robyn Regehr Kimmo Timonen

Top 3 things...

1. Veteran presence - Iginla, Alffy, Drury, Lidstrom, Doan.. these guys get the job done. Come playoff time, you will be getting clutch play from everywhere.

2. Goaltending - Nabokov and Miller are probably the best combo in the draft. I actually really like my Price-Turco combo, but you have two proven goalies. Great job.

3. Richards and Toews - Uhh.. WHY is Toews on the fourth line??? Switch him with Drury for god's sake! I love Mike Richards, but don't call him Cannon. Just too ***. Just a guy you win with. Not to mention he is very versatile in what he can do with his game.

djp
05-07-2008, 02:18 AM
Now post about my team damnit!

Xiomera
05-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Team DJP

Even Strength

Dany Heatley - Evgeni Malkin -Tomas Holmstrom
Ales Hemsky - Daniel Briere -Olli Jokinen(A)
Alex Tanguay -Scott Gomez - Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Vinny Prospal - Mikko Koivu(A) - Jaromir Jagr

Chris Pronger (C) -Jay Bouwmeester
Erik Johnson- Braydon Coburn
Michal Rozsival - Ron Hainsey

Goaltenders(tandem)
Carey Price
Marty Turco

Powerplay 1

Dany Heatley -Daniel Briere -Tomas Holmstrom
Evgeni Malkin - Chris Pronger

Powerplay 2

Ales Hemsky - Olli Jokinen - Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Alex Tanguay- Jay Bouwmeester

Penalty Kill 1

Scott Gomez - Dany Heatley
Chris Pronger -Jay Bouwmeester

Penalty Kill 2

Mikko Koivu - Alex Tanguay
Erik Johnson - Braydon Coburn

Your top two scoring lines are first rate. Malkin and Briere are two of the best players going right now in the playoffs. Jokinen on the 2nd line is very nice. Your top defense pairing is very intimidating. I feel that they could shut down pretty much any other teams tops line pretty effectively. Goaltending is your biggest strength. A perfect combination of youth and experience. Your power play units are good, and helped a lot by Holmstrom screening in front of the net. He is the best in the game at that. Pronger's heavy shot from the point is a huge asset to have.

No real weaknesses. Easily one of the best teams in this competition.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Woot cause i like his explanation

SuperMcGee
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
3. Richards and Toews - Uhh.. WHY is Toews on the fourth line??? Switch him with Drury for god's sake! I love Mike Richards, but don't call him Cannon. Just too ***. Just a guy you win with. Not to mention he is very versatile in what he can do with his game.

Eh, there were already 10 votes in this thing before I even posted my team, so the lines were thrown together rather quickly. Toews is disgustingly good, but unfortunately stuck in the back of my mind when I was putting them together. Such an unfortunate fate to end up on a line with Shane Doan.

Xiomera
05-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Bump

Woot sucks!

Wootylicous
05-07-2008, 07:49 PM
I Win I Am Amazing!

Sniper
05-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I Win I Am Amazing!

The power of Kostitsyn compels you.

A present for you...Not that Kostitsyn but the baby one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bb8kVOp-zEU