PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever seen caleb hanie?

awfullyquiet
05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
and if so.

bring him to me.

because, well. i'm curious.

BeerBaron
05-06-2008, 11:49 AM
i have not seen him but i do know kiper was a big fan. not sure if thats a good endorsement or not, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RJM_8lHxW8

he throws a pretty good deep TD pass in that one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mGmd13WXsA

he shows off some legs in that one...

Gay Ork Wang
05-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Seems like he had the 2nd strongest arm in the draft

Caleb Hanie does have a strong arm and a quick release and he throws a very tight spiral. All of those attributes were certainly evident Friday during the first practice of rookie minicamp. He’s a drop-back passer and not a scrambler, but he’s athletic enough to keep plays alive with his feet. In terms of weaknesses, Hanie has been known to try to force passes into coverage. But that may have to do more with trying to do too much while not having a very strong supporting cast around him at Colorado State. As a senior last year, Hanie completed 64.2 percent of his passes for 2,455 yards with 18 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

awfullyquiet
05-06-2008, 04:31 PM
now actually looking at hanie, he's not bad, some talent, pretty good from what three videos have shown me... okay touch... reads well.

nick hill isn't anything more than a PS player right now. left handed. but still. not alot of power, doesn't have decent foot work... probably is 'tough'

neko4
05-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Looks like he forces the ball out, but i couldnt really tell. Definitly has the arm.

DaBears9654
05-07-2008, 06:10 PM
It certainly looks like 2 of his strengths are arm strength & mobility. Here's what chicagobears.com sr. writer Larry Mayer had to say about Hanie in his q-&-a column, "Chalk Talk."

Caleb Hanie does have a strong arm and a quick release and he throws a very tight spiral. All of those attributes were certainly evident Friday during the first practice of rookie minicamp. He’s a drop-back passer and not a scrambler, but he’s athletic enough to keep plays alive with his feet. In terms of weaknesses, Hanie has been known to try to force passes into coverage. But that may have to do more with trying to do too much while not having a very strong supporting cast around him at Colorado State. As a senior last year, Hanie completed 64.2 percent of his passes for 2,455 yards with 18 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.
Looks like he forces the ball out, but i couldnt really tell. Definitly has the arm.
As a Packers fan, you should know that you can force the ball and still have a career that will land you in Canton (ie: Favre). I'm not trying to compare an undrafted rookie to a future HOFer, just saying that anything is possible.

BeerBaron
05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
i would say hes pretty clearly our 3rd QB. I don't know if he makes the actual roster but he should definitally have a spot on the practice squad running the scout team while he gets further evaluated.

neko4
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
As a Packers fan, you should know that you can force the ball and still have a career that will land you in Canton (ie: Favre). I'm not trying to compare an undrafted rookie to a future HOFer, just saying that anything is possible.

I was saying his mechanics looked weird, like he was pushing the ball out, but i cant really tell from that vid.

He is similar to Favre though (6-2, 220, strong arm)