PDA

View Full Version : The McNabb Situation

Eagles own the NFC East
05-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Do you guys think McNabb will be back after next season. How many years left does he have on his contract?

eaglesfan_45
05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
It all depends on his play this season, if he plays well he stays, if he doesn't it's Kolb's tome to shine.

His contract expires in 2010.

eaglesalltheway
05-07-2008, 06:23 AM
It all depends on his play this season, if he plays well he stays, if he doesn't it's Kolb's tome to shine.

I think he is around until 2010 either way. We may try to trade him if he plays poorly so we at least get something in return, but we will probably have too high of an asking price, and because we will ask too much if he plays poorly, teams will not be interested in a trade that is uneven, so he will be back until his contract expires. Depending on how Kolb looks though, we may even keep McNabb around for another contract. It is hard to tell right now, and it could go so many different ways.

DragonFireKai
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM

Not exactly true. He has a club option for the 2010 season. If the team chooses to retain him, his contract automatically extends to the 2013 season.

eaglesalltheway
05-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Thats what I thought, but the question is, does the team elect to keep him? There are a lot of factors, and if Kolb is looking well, that may complicate things. But the way I see it, if McNabb has two solid seasons in a row, he stays.

bsaza2358
05-12-2008, 09:06 AM
The Eagles will make the decision that benefits the team in the long run. Kolb understands his role, and I think it is good for him to sit and learn for at least this season. Aaron Rodgers waited 4 years to get the job from Favre. Kolb can wait, though I'm not terribly keen on this idea. McNabb could be gone this season or next. I'm not certain how the team will play it. A lot of things are up in the air.

eaglesalltheway
05-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Depending on a lot of factors, McNabb could be around for only one year, or for five more. Either one I am fine with, as we would have great options at QB in either situation.