PDA

View Full Version : For all of you t-jack hating thigpen lovers

russie
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
THIGPEN TO BUMP BRODIE?
Posted by Mike Florio on May 6, 2008, 9:46 p.m.
With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.

vikes_28
05-07-2008, 08:20 AM
if thigpin ends up being a star quarterback on the chiefs and the vikings are stuck with tjack being a dumb*** then i will be seriously pissed.

no love
05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Chill. JDB is going to be a star in this league. He is Leinart without the baggage.

Dr. Gonzo
05-07-2008, 02:12 PM
JDB has been my favorite QB of the draft for a while, part becuase of his name, part because I knew he would fit perfectly on the Vikes, and part because he is awesome. If T-Jack falters at any time I am excited at the prospect of JDB starting for us.

djp
05-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Chill. JDB is going to be a star in this league. He is Leinart without the baggage.

Star in this league? That's very optimistic. Best case scenario he turns out to be Brad Johnson, worst case he's out of the league in 2 years.

Enter "I'll take a QB who won a Super Bowl" comment from 3 people here.

The Dynasty
05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Star in this league? That's very optimistic. Best case scenario he turns out to be Brad Johnson, worst case he's out of the league in 2 years.

Enter "I'll take a QB who won a Super Bowl" comment from 3 people here.

Lol I wouldnt even say He won the Superbowl. He controled the game well but that Defense Won that Superbowl for the Bucs.

I thnk Booty will be a Solid back up and could become a good starter in the League but Bringing up Star and Superbowl before he takes a snap in a true NFL game is Ridicoulus.

Too the guy complaining about thigpen and croyle and Jackson. Im sorry but Id take Tarvaris Jackson Week One before Id take Thigpen and Croyle.
More Experience and He has no where else to go than up.

russie
05-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Too the guy complaining about thigpen and croyle and Jackson. Im sorry but Id take Tarvaris Jackson Week One before Id take Thigpen and Croyle.
More Experience and He has no where else to go than up.

i do hope that's not aimed at me. i am a t-jack supporter, and never wanted croyle and never saw the hype for thigpen. croyle sucks, and it wouldnt take much to beat him out for the starting spot.

The Dynasty
05-08-2008, 11:27 AM
i do hope that's not aimed at me. i am a t-jack supporter, and never wanted croyle and never saw the hype for thigpen. croyle sucks, and it wouldnt take much to beat him out for the starting spot.

No it was Directed towards vikes_29.

vikes_28
05-13-2008, 08:10 AM
No it was Directed towards vikes_29.

I'm just saying that I don't want to get stuck with Jackson if he's going to suck.

tylere0814
05-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Like it or not that's the hand we were dealt.

Tjack is explosive, Thigpen is solid but nothing like what TJ brings to the table.

Ya'll should be happy with our situation... it could be alot worse (See: Packers, Bears, Lions, Cheifs, Panthers, etc..)

LonghornsLegend
05-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Isn't this jumping the gun a little, what has Thigpen done? I wouldn't read too much into it, if the Chiefs struggle and are picking top 5 because Croyle has a bad year, more then likely they will draft someone like Stafford before anything else.

But I do feel your pain though, for some idiotic reason we cut Matt Moore after everyone was really excited on him and he looks like the future Carolina QB, while he would of been a great understudy to keep on our team...I don't understand those decisions eithers, if you see some sort of potential with a QB you have to keep him around if you have the room.

GB12
05-29-2008, 04:56 PM

Tjack is explosive, Thigpen is solid but nothing like what TJ brings to the table.

Ya'll should be happy with our situation... it could be alot worse (See: Packers, Bears, Lions, Cheifs, Panthers, etc..)
Um, what? How the hell is ours a lot worse or worse at all? If anything ours is better because we have two young talented QBs. The only thing you can say is that Rodgers hasn't started a game so Jackson's more proven, but that's a bs argument because Jackson hasn't proven **** on the field.

tylere0814
05-30-2008, 11:38 AM
oh please... a packer fan trying to tell me Rodgers is a better option than Tjack... that just makes me laugh.

Have your Rodgers pretty boy, and if you feel your in a better spot... good for you. I for one understand that experience is key, Rodgers had very little.

Look for the packers to be the bottom dwellers of the NFC North division...Book it

GB12
05-30-2008, 05:16 PM
oh please... a packer fan trying to tell me Rodgers is a better option than Tjack... that just makes me laugh.

Have your Rodgers pretty boy, and if you feel your in a better spot... good for you. I for one understand that experience is key, Rodgers had very little.

Look for the packers to be the bottom dwellers of the NFC North division...Book it
The only thing Jackson has proven is that he is able to hand the ball off. Sure he's gotten more playing time, but he is no more proven than Rodgers. And experience is good to have, but that by no means makes the better player. I'd take Aaron Rodgers everyday of the week and I'm sure most NFL fans would too.

Staubach12
05-31-2008, 07:36 PM
JD Booty was an absolute steal at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Booty take the job in training camp. The guy is smart, accurate, polished, everything you want in a pro QB coming out. He may be even further along in development than Jackson right now in that Jackson came from a small school that didn't have great coaching, didn't run a pro system, and allowed him to try and make lots of plays with his legs while Booty played on the big stage with great coaching, a pro system, against top competion, etc. Watch out for Booty.

DHVF
05-31-2008, 08:14 PM
JD Booty was an absolute steal at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Booty take the job in training camp. The guy is smart, accurate, polished, everything you want in a pro QB coming out. He may be even further along in development than Jackson right now in that Jackson came from a small school that didn't have great coaching, didn't run a pro system, and allowed him to try and make lots of plays with his legs while Booty played on the big stage with great coaching, a pro system, against top competion, etc. Watch out for Booty.
All I'm gonna say is nope and that you obviously haven't paid any attention to the things coming out of the Vikings organization.

badgerbacker
05-31-2008, 08:24 PM

Ya'll should be happy with our situation... it could be alot worse (See: Packers, Bears, Lions, Cheifs, Panthers, etc..)I'm not saying that Aaron Rodgers is going to be a star but he did look very good in his limited action in the Dallas game. I'm a little confused with your logic about experience though. Experience is the only rational so far you've given for having Jackson above Rodgers, but by that same way of thinking, the Bears, Lions, and Panthers are all in better situations than the Vikings as all of their QBs have more experience than Tarvaris.

Yes, experience is nice, but if the QB has been bad in that time it doesn't mean much.

toddmlazarchick
05-31-2008, 08:30 PM
The only thing Jackson has proven is that he is able to hand the ball off. Sure he's gotten more playing time, but he is no more proven than Rodgers. And experience is good to have, but that by no means makes the better player. I'd take Aaron Rodgers everyday of the week and I'm sure most NFL fans would too.

I would rather have Rodgers over Jackson, but id rather have Booty over both of them honestly.

neko4
06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Joey Harrington and Patrick Ramsey started for like 2-3 years. They have alot of experience it seems, maybe they are better than Rodgers too since they have more experience!

SARCASM!!!!!