PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben's work ethic?

mikehop05
02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I posted this earlier... but I dont know where it went.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07058/765245-87.stm

citing issues about big bens work ethic

is this true, i dont live in pittsburgh and dont really hear much outside about things like this

or is the hournalist just tryin to get some publicity?

Smooth Criminal
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I've never heard anything about him not being a hard worker. I remember Whis always saying he was a hard worker.

mikehop05
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I've never heard anything about him not being a hard worker. I remember Whis always saying he was a hard worker.

yeah same thats why i was so kind of shocked about this, confused really

steel man
02-27-2007, 08:08 PM
this is just bull. even in college and all of his pro career EVERYONE has said that he WAS a hard worker, that was one reason we drafted him instead of any of the other QB's, he fit the blue collar style of the Steelers and he was the best to boot.

Man_Of_Steel
02-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Most definatly shananagins.
Last year or the year before there was an article on bens workout schedule. Intense on the core, wooo boy.

DeathbyStat
02-28-2007, 07:51 AM
His physical work ethic iis probly good, but his mental approach is probly awfull. After watching this guy this year I don't think he ever set foot in a film room.

Exibit A Throwing a pick to Derrick Brooks, who was lurking in zone coverage, when your playing a team that is none for excellent zone coverage, against a player that has made a living of exploiting QBs threw said coverage

Exibit B Most QBs don't even throw to Champ Bailey's side, Ben decides to throw to his side while rolling out into double coverage.

I think this guy always got by on his physical skills alone and that caught up with him last year in a big way.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:39 AM
His physical work ethic iis probly good, but his mental approach is probly awfull. After watching this guy this year I don't think he ever set foot in a film room.

Exibit A Throwing a pick to Derrick Brooks, who was lurking in zone coverage, when your playing a team that is none for excellent zone coverage, against a player that has made a living of exploiting QBs threw said coverage

Exibit B Most QBs don't even throw to Champ Bailey's side, Ben decides to throw to his side while rolling out into double coverage.

I think this guy always got by on his physical skills alone and that caught up with him last year in a big way.

Exactly. Thats what their talking about. He's a constant weight room fanatic. But more people want him to be in the film room a la Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Phillip Rivers.

One thing that irritates me. Ever time a steeler QB has a bad season, he gets the idiot tag put on him.

It happened with Bradshaw (Before Joe Green shut everyone up) and then what.. 4 superbowls.

Kordell was supposedly stupid and a *****.

Tommy Maddox was an idiot
Neil O'Donnell was an idiot.

How come Eli manning isn't an idiot? Phillip Rivers? Brad Johnson? Daunte Culpepper? Jake Delhomme... Every QB has bad seasons but ours always gets the idiot tag put on them.

Ben isn't an idiot. He always knows the right things to say on camera and he has a solid personality and is a young leader.