PDA

View Full Version : Which position will be the strongest in 09

foozball
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
OT looks like the early favorite, but if McCoy, Wells, and Moreno declare, RB could take over. Then there's the DE's. Selvie, Hardy, Middleton, Johnson, and Evans would make this DE class one of the best in years. Of course, we have to wait til everyone declares, but assuming that all of he top juniors declare, which position do you think will be the strongest?

MidwayMonster31
05-07-2008, 11:00 PM
The funny thing about the running backs is that all of the good backs for 2009 came out this year. So this could ironically be a weak senior class. The offensive line should be great as well as defensive line, depending on the underclassmen.

Michigan
05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
WR isn't a very deep position, but it could have 3 gamebreakers in Harvin, DHB, and Crabtree. Of course, they're all underclassmen...

Solomon
05-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Obviously depending on what underclassmen declare and how workouts and the next college season goes etc. I think OT and DE will be the deepest positions. Safety and TE should also be much deeper than this year. Relatively speaking though I think the interior line will be the strongest position with a better lineup of G and C than I have ever seen.

OG
Duke Robinson
Jeremy Perry
Herman Johnson
Antoine Caldwell
Kraig Urbik
Anthony Parker
Dallas Reynolds
Cedrick Dockery
Ryan Stanchek

C
Alex Mack
Jon Luigs
Max Unger
Josh McNeil
Jeff Byers
Raphael Eubanks
AQ Shipley
Eric Wood

tEk
05-08-2008, 01:59 AM
LB

OLB's
Cushing
Freeman
Lee
Covington

ILB's
Maualuga
Laurinaitis
Spikes
Brinkley

Jonny
05-08-2008, 02:38 AM
WR isn't a very deep position, but it could have 3 gamebreakers in Harvin, DHB, and Crabtree. Of course, they're all underclassmen...

And Britt!

Yatta!
05-08-2008, 03:17 AM
As people have already said the O-line and linebackers are stacked, especially at tackle and inside backer.

skinzzfan25
05-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I think LB, WR, and interior linemen will be the thickest of this draft in terms of first day talent.

Thunder&Lightning
05-08-2008, 07:33 AM
LB

OLB's
Cushing
Freeman
Lee
Covington

ILB's
Maualuga
Laurinaitis
Spikes
Brinkley

that group looks pretty good to me.

regoob2
05-08-2008, 07:49 AM
This is gonna be one of the better and deeper safety classes in a while.
Taylor Mays, USC
William Moore, Missouri
Patrick Chung, Oregon
Nic Harris, Oklahoma
Myron Rolle, Florida State
Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech
Courtney Greene, Rutgers
Michael Hamlin, Clemson
Kevin Ellison, USC

Mr. Stiller
05-08-2008, 09:13 AM
I'd say depending on the Juniors..

DE(3-4 OLB), 3-4 NT's, OT's, C's.

RB has an opportunity depending on who declares. Though I don't think LeSean McCoy can technically declare.. On a technicallity.

Brent
05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
RB and OT if I had to guess

draftguru151
05-08-2008, 10:50 AM

RB has an opportunity depending on who declares. Though I don't think LeSean McCoy can technically declare.. On a technicallity.

Uhh, what?

thebow305
05-08-2008, 11:11 AM
The whole offensive line group seems to be very strong this year, with OT's, OG's and OC's all included.

But I feel like the Safety position is absolutely LOADED this year. If all the underclassmen declare, this could potentially be one of the best safety classes EVER. Just take a look at all the possible first day picks:

Taylor Mays, USC
Nic Harris, Oklahoma
William Moore, Missouri
Myron Rolle, FSU
Kevin Ellison, USC
Patrick Chung, Oregon
Courtney Greene, Rutgers
Anthony Reddick, Miami
Michael Hamlin, Clemson

There are other talented players that could come into the fold as well, but just looking at that group it seems pretty stacked for '09, much unlike '08.

CashmoneyDrew
05-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I'd say most positions are gonna be strong this coming year except QB won't be strong at the top probably unless 2 or 3 underclassmen declare and OLB doesn't look special to me either, especially since sean lee probably won't be in the draft now.

Babylon
05-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I'd say most positions are gonna be strong this coming year except QB won't be strong at the top probably unless 2 or 3 underclassmen declare and OLB doesn't look special to me either, especially since sean lee probably won't be in the draft now.

I think most people take into consideration that underclassmen will add to each position so QB should be no differant. Tebow,Stafford and Jake Locker(all technically eligible) would all go in the top 15 in my opinion.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM

Wouldn't McCoy be able to declare because of a technicality. He will be three years removed from his high school graduation due to his year at prep school. That would make him eligible for the 2009 draft if I remember correctly.

Michigan
05-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Tebow,Stafford and Jake Locker(all technically eligible) would all go in the top 15 in my opinion.

I buy Stafford and can sorta see Tebow, but Jake Locker? He's talented, but the guy threw 47% and had 15 INTs last year. I think he needs another a year or two of polish before he thinks about entering the draft.

underscore
05-08-2008, 05:35 PM
McCoy can declare.

The rule is three years from when you graduate or when the graduating class you entered school with graduates, whichever comes first.

DoWnThEfiElD
05-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Wouldn't McCoy be able to declare because of a technicality. He will be three years removed from his high school graduation due to his year at prep school. That would make him eligible for the 2009 draft if I remember correctly.

McCoy can it is similar to what Larry Fitzgerald did.

holt_bruce81
05-08-2008, 05:59 PM
If the receivers come out, it will be a pretty deep class.

bored of education
05-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Obivously I DONT KNOW. I don't know who has declared or not.

Bengals78
05-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I would agree with BOE.
Can't really say until you know who declares. If none of the RBs declare early, it will be a mediocre class. OT, ILB and DE should be good classes with just seniors.

*and I agree with BOE on his choice of beverage!
PBR!

foozball
05-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Obivously I DONT KNOW. I don't know who has declared or not.

yea...thats why i added the whole part about not knowing who will declare or not and assuming that the top juniors will...