PDA

View Full Version : Something not Chad related

Bengals78
05-08-2008, 12:32 PM
DC Mike Zimmer has said that Rivers is making the transition smoothly and has already taken over the defense. "Wait until we put pads on."
Anybody else gettin excited?

StripedWalrus
05-08-2008, 12:43 PM
He said that about the rookie camp defense?

hobbes2053
05-08-2008, 01:21 PM
DC Mike Zimmer has said that Rivers is making the transition smoothly and has already taken over the defense. "Wait until we put pads on."
Anybody else gettin excited?

Ive been excited since we drafted Rivers. He is just the type of player we need. One with outstanding character and who can make an immediate impact from a leadership role. I love the pick and cannot wait to see how it pans out.

PalmerToCJ
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Chad? I'm not aware of any Chad's on the team. Anyway...

They've been very encouraging with their reviews of players after mini-camps. Granted, I guess that's to be expected. Collins sounds like he could be something, there's a good article by Hobson on him.

Rivers will hopefully be that rock we so desperately need. Can't wait to see him out there. I'm glad the 'trouble' with Ahmad seems to kinda be blowing over.

Bengals78
05-08-2008, 07:17 PM
yeah. Collins could be what forces other Linemen to step it up a notch or they might not be playing so much. Can Collins snap?

StripedWalrus
05-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Collins will end up coming up big for the team...because I am entirely convinced Andrews will be leaving after this year.

PalmerToCJ
05-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Can Collins snap?

I wish... That's what we're dying for here. I'd like to see us draft one next year. Santucci could surprise I suppose...

BengalMedic
05-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I would think center would be a target for us in the next draft, but will live or die with what we have at this point. Here's to hoping "GuyChick" can live up to the expectations the coaches had for him...

StripedWalrus
05-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I think the O-line coach said Collins should be able to play any position but Center.

Bengals78
05-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I think the O-line coach said Collins should be able to play any position but Center.

Damn!!!
Any news on the big C out of Georgia?
Can Willie move in and Andrews play RT while Collins learns?

(I really don't like GuyCheck much)

Does anyone know the break down of where Carson's sacks came from?
Inside pressure or outside rush?

Im just curious if his pass pro was as detrimental to the team as his run block.

PalmerToCJ
05-10-2008, 03:05 AM
I'm not to high on Ghiaciuc either... I mean, he's not necessarily a liability but he surely isn't a strength at all. I don't see him as above average in run or pass blocking, ever since Braham has left the running game hasn't been the same.

Half of Carson's sacks came from Jared Allen abusing Levi LOL

BengalMedic
05-10-2008, 07:05 AM
I know Braham wasn't an instant force in the middle and took some time as well, but to sit back and "hope" he gets to that point is not a smart decision. That's the big reason I say a center early next draft. Come to think of it, both lines could see a lot of picks in next years draft.

StripedWalrus
05-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I know Braham wasn't an instant force in the middle and took some time as well, but to sit back and "hope" he gets to that point is not a smart decision. That's the big reason I say a center early next draft. Come to think of it, both lines could see a lot of picks in next years draft.

Next years draft will hopefully not need picks on the D line. Hopefully we get that addressed this year. I expect draft pick next year to go to CB, Oline, RB, WR.

BengalMedic
05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I see all positions along the O-line needing to be addressed if for nothing else than depth. As for the D-line, DE is still a need outside of Geathers and Odom there is very little. DT is still a pretty big question mark as well. Sims and Shirley are rookies. Thornton needs to be restructured or released. Then what after Peko who's solid, but nothing more at this point ??

Hell, LB could still be a huge need seeing how things pan out and we already know Deltha is on his way out unless agreeing to play for less, so CB is also a need.

Agree on the RB position as well...

StripedWalrus
05-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Needless to say...everything but QB will always be a need LOL

themaninblack
05-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I see this is a Guycheck's last chance. If he doesn't step up and show the potential the coaches see in him I could see us giving up on him altogether.

Bengals78
05-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I see this is a Guycheck's last chance. If he doesn't step up and show the potential the coaches see in him I could see us giving up on him altogether.

Im starting to think he is a practice warrior and doesnt have the skills for gameday in the pro's. He is a quality backup but should be that for us, a backup.
We need to go out and get a C through trade this season or draft next year. IDK if our run game can wait that long.

anddontcomeback
05-11-2008, 03:26 PM
chad johnson pwn jooz

PalmerToCJ
05-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Everyone -rep him.

StripedWalrus
05-11-2008, 05:18 PM
It wont let me minus rep him =( I am sad now! It looks like someone messed up and plus reped him!

BengalMedic
05-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Wow, and I'm still at 10 ?? Oh well, such is life !!!

StripedWalrus
05-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Bengals fans should REP Bengals fan just because they are Bengals FANS!

Bengalsrocket
05-12-2008, 01:01 PM
lol at him having 36 rep now haha

StripedWalrus
05-12-2008, 04:07 PM
haha. King in the castle, King in the castle.

Man Im pretty stoked, cant wait for the season to start!

themaninblack
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
I repped both of you. You're welcome and WHO DEY!

PalmerToCJ
05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
I think I already repped you NEWBS for just sticking around lol I'll try again.

StripedWalrus
05-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanx for the rep! I don't know if I can actually give people rep...It seems I may not be high enough yet. Seemed when Rocket repped me it was a blue rep instead of a Green rep. hmmm anyone know much about that?

PalmerToCJ
05-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanx for the rep! I don't know if I can actually give people rep...It seems I may not be high enough yet. Seemed when Rocket repped me it was a blue rep instead of a Green rep. hmmm anyone know much about that?

That's when I think they don't have enough to give you any rep so it's 'neutral'.

StripedWalrus
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
ahhhhh I see =) Very interesting indeed.

themaninblack
05-12-2008, 10:34 PM
you need to have 500 posts before your rep counts.

BengalMedic
05-14-2008, 08:31 AM
What the hell is the "rep" about anyway ?? Is this really useful in some way or just some BS to talk about ??

StripedWalrus
05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I think when you want to take part in the fantasy drafts that they have on occasion whether it be comic book heroes, football, movies, etc. The rep comes into play. Also I guess the more rep you have, the more people take your word in kind...thats what I am guessing at least.

themaninblack
05-14-2008, 04:55 PM
rep really just shows the other people that you have the respect of fellow posters. or something like that.

BengalMedic
05-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Wow, guess I'm just a dirtbag !!! Oh well, all in time I suppose...

StripedWalrus
05-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow, guess I'm just a dirtbag !!! Oh well, all in time I suppose...

Yep a smelly little dirtbag! LOL awww your not a dirtbag...

BengalMedic
05-15-2008, 02:45 PM
That's MR. Dirtbag to you !!! Kidding of course...