PDA

View Full Version : If you could add one Non Pro Bowler to your team...

djp
05-09-2008, 12:33 AM
It would be..... ____________________

For the Vikings, the answer would be David Garrard IMO. Great game manager, doesn't turn the ball over. Doesn't care if he throws for 300 yards every week as long as the team wins.

Shane P. Hallam
05-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Hmmmm, for the Steelers, it would probably be Tony Ugoh to man our left side.

Crickett
05-09-2008, 12:49 AM
For the Jets, I'd add Brodney Pool. Even though a young receiver like Dwayne Bowe or Calvin Johnson would fill a bigger need.

Turtlepower
05-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Asomugha without a doubt.

fenikz
05-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Aso wasn't a probowler? wow what a shame, definitely him

KCJ58
05-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Tony Ugoh sounds good for the Rams or Levi Brown

Crickett
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Aso wasn't a probowler? wow what a shame, definitely him

The way I understand it, he was elected, but he didn't go. If he is an option, I'd definitely pick him too.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Nnamdi Asomugha was a reserve who was called in at the last second, so much so that he didn't even have time to get on a plane to Hawaii. So technically he has been a pro bowler, but he hasn't actually been to the game.

Vikes99ej
05-09-2008, 01:17 AM
djp hit it right on the head. Garrard would be perfect.

Dam8610
05-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Glenn Dorsey? The elite 3-techs make pro bowls unfortunately.

d34ng3l021
05-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Mario Williams ftw.

Flyboy
05-09-2008, 01:57 AM
Kerry Rhodes.

Dam8610
05-09-2008, 01:57 AM
Mario Williams ftw.

That was the other player I considered. Maybe even Amobi Okoye.

d34ng3l021
05-09-2008, 02:38 AM
jk I change my pick to Laron Landry. Who needs Mario Williams when you have Jamaal Anderson?

Caddy
05-09-2008, 02:54 AM
I think I'd lean towards Lee Evans. Solid receiver who could replace Joey Galloway for years.

Yatta!
05-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Laron Landry for the Packers, need a playmaker at safety.

The Unseen
05-09-2008, 06:30 AM
LaRon Landry to play SS for the Jaguars.

A Perfect Score
05-09-2008, 06:43 AM
hmmm, well since we just darfted stupid flacco, i dunno wat our most glaring need would be...oh wait CB! the exact same as it was before the draft! in which case, id probably take ASO as well

Thunder&Lightning
05-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Laron Landry for the Bolts

Gay Ork Wang
05-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Marques Colston

regoob2
05-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Did Andre Johnson make a pro bowl? If so then Calvin Johnson.

JagHombre22
05-09-2008, 07:55 AM
for the Jaguars...Lee Evans....

AkiliSmith
05-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Bengals - Marshawn Lynch, because our running backs suck

PoopSandwich
05-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Run DMC would be the #1 choice for me.

PoopSandwich
05-09-2008, 08:35 AM
For the Jets, I'd add Brodney Pool. Even though a young receiver like Dwayne Bowe or Calvin Johnson would fill a bigger need.

There are plenty of better players the Jets could take instead of Pool, its not even close.

Pool has been average at best so far, most consider him a disappointment.

D-Rod
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Super Mario

ATLDirtyBirds
05-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Super Mario

Jamaal deserves another year. Everyone knew he was raw, and I think we will see some progress. I'd say LaRon Landry for the Falcons.

senormysterioso
05-09-2008, 10:15 AM
For the Packers, I'll say Maurice Jones-Drew

thebow305
05-09-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure if he made a pro bowl yet, but if not, then I'd take Marques Colston. If he did, I'd take Calvin Johnson.

I don't think Sheldon Brown has made a Pro Bowl yet, so he would be another big consideration for me.

bored of education
05-09-2008, 10:17 AM
For Kansas City: JAY CUTLERZZZZZZZZZZ

gsorace
05-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Marques Colston

YAYareaRB
05-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Shaun Phillips, Chargers OLB

Brent
05-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Anquan Boldin, LaRon Landry or Roddy White

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Give me LaRon Landry in Dallas. It would be game, set, match for every team we faced.

dcarey20
05-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Calvin Johnson.

cunningham06
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Mario Williams for the Eagles would be sweet

SaintsFanForLife
05-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I would like Laron Landry for the Saints.

awfullyquiet
05-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Steven Segal.

If not. Probably Reggie Bush. Really.
Really. Don't think i'm crazy. Think i'm absolutely nuts.

Crazy_Chris
05-09-2008, 12:06 PM
David Garrard would be tempting but in the end a D-line of Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Mario Williams would be just too good to pass up.

LonghornsLegend
05-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Kerry Rhodes.

And there's the winner for the Cowboys...I would honestly say him or Kris Jenkins both are just as important, but our NT situation is much better then SS, Rhodes would be a beast for us.

*Edit*

I just realized Laron Landry didn't make the pro bowl I just assumed he did, as much as I hate that he plays for the Skins he's better then Rhodes, it would be unfair to add a safety with his ability to our secondary.

SenorGato
05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Jay Cutler or Laron Landry.

Nalej
05-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Laron Landry to the Pats

eaglesalltheway
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
It would without a doubt be Laron Landry for the Eagles IMO.

eaglesalltheway
05-09-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure if he made a pro bowl yet, but if not, then I'd take Marques Colston. If he did, I'd take Calvin Johnson.

I don't think Sheldon Brown has made a Pro Bowl yet, so he would be another big consideration for me.

Shledon Brown has made it to the Pro Bowl.

Staubach12
05-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Either Dwayne Bowe or LaRon Landry.

05-09-2008, 03:39 PM
For the Raiders a young solid athletic tackle like D'Brickashaw Ferguson is just what we need.

xooberon
05-09-2008, 03:53 PM
mario williams probably, we need more pressure from the D line

Sniper
05-09-2008, 04:39 PM
It would without a doubt be Laron Landry for the Eagles IMO.

LaRon or Calvin Johnson. Flip a coin

terribletowel39
05-09-2008, 04:48 PM
the best LT that hasn't gone to the probowl. or that Olshansky fellow in SD. to man on the other side of Aaron Smith.

Larry
05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Easily Mario Williams.

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 06:29 PM
And there's the winner for the Cowboys...I would honestly say him or Kris Jenkins both are just as important, but our NT situation is much better then SS, Rhodes would be a beast for us.

*Edit*

I just realized Laron Landry didn't make the pro bowl I just assumed he did, as much as I hate that he plays for the Skins he's better then Rhodes, it would be unfair to add a safety with his ability to our secondary.

Landry isn't better then Rhodes, sorry. Rhodes is top 5 at his position, Landry can hit but that doesn't make him better Landry didn't even play better last year. Rhodes is smarter and understands how to make plays better. You will all see, Rhodes is a star, and he continues to get screwed with the pro bowl votes.

I would take.... tough one a lot of the players I would take made the pro bowl this year, and I can't take any Jets players...... I would say Aso from the Raiders, he is definitely a stud at CB. And we need another CB, him and Revis would be the best CB duo by far in the NFL.

Lots of Jets to take IMO David Harris, Rhodes, Mangold, Leon Washington.... lol I know I'm a homer, its hard not to be I love my team!! Even though they have bad luck, at least I'm not a band wagon fan, I rather be a homer than that.

Sniper
05-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Landry isn't better then Rhodes, sorry. Rhodes is top 5 at his position, Landry can hit but that doesn't make him better Landry didn't even play better last year. Rhodes is smarter and understands how to make plays better. You will all see, Rhodes is a star, and he continues to get screwed with the pro bowl votes.

I would take.... tough one a lot of the players I would take made the pro bowl this year, and I can't take any Jets players...... I would say Aso from the Raiders, he is definitely a stud at CB. And we need another CB, him and Revis would be the best CB duo by far in the NFL.

Lots of Jets to take IMO David Harris, Rhodes, Mangold, Leon Washington.... lol I know I'm a homer, its hard not to be I love my team!! Even though they have bad luck, at least I'm not a band wagon fan, I rather be a homer than that.

Incorrect. LaRon Landry is a notch above Kerry Rhodes.

757Dawg
05-09-2008, 06:37 PM
For the Browns, I'd say Shaun Phillips.

Phillips is usually overshadowed by Merriman, but he's been extremely productive as a 3-4 OLB for SD. He's averaged 9 sacks per season since 2005. He records over 60 tackles annually and has forced several fumbles.

With that kind of production and his size (6'3" 262), he would be a perfect fit at LOLB to pair with Kamerion Wimbley.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 06:39 PM

I agree Landry is a stud, and it's not even fair that the Redskins get to have the satisfaction of knowing that at one point they had two of the greatest safety talents playing in the same backfield.

I'd be lying if i said i've EVER seen Kerry Rhodes play, so i can't really make an assessment of how much better he is than Landry. But just because of the talent and playmaking ability, i'd take LaRon Landry pretty much over anyone not named Ed Reed.

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 07:00 PM

LoL yea right, just because he was a top 10 pick?? Landry didn't even have a INT until he was in the playoffs. Rhodes had 5 ints and the same amount of sacks, and I bet the Redskins had a better pass rush then the Jets. And I remember the Redskins getting owned over the top by the Pats. over 50 points kind of owned.
Rhodes has had 2 straight years of being dominant, compared to a guy with just potential and can hit hard.
You must have Landry as like the #3 S in the league then. My top 5 goes like this
1-Ed Reed
2-Bob Sanders
3-Kerry Rhodes
then it doesn't matter.

holt_bruce81
05-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Laron Landry.

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 07:03 PM
I agree Landry is a stud, and it's not even fair that the Redskins get to have the satisfaction of knowing that at one point they had two of the greatest safety talents playing in the same backfield.

I'd be lying if i said i've EVER seen Kerry Rhodes play, so i can't really make an assessment of how much better he is than Landry. But just because of the talent and playmaking ability, i'd take LaRon Landry pretty much over anyone not named Ed Reed.

You can see 1 Kerry Rhodes play in my sig, the video of #25 making a nice INT. Thats 1 play though, I have another one where he sacks Rex Grossman on a nice blitz. Seriously though Rhodes has that instincts and understands the game. Rhodes is the Defensive MVP for us, we move him everywhere, I rather have a guy that actually makes the plays then just a physically talented guy.

Sniper
05-09-2008, 07:03 PM
LoL yea right, just because he was a top 10 pick?? Landry didn't even have a INT until he was in the playoffs. Rhodes had 5 ints and the same amount of sacks, and I bet the Redskins had a better pass rush then the Jets. And I remember the Redskins getting owned over the top by the Pats. over 50 points kind of owned.
Rhodes has had 2 straight years of being dominant, compared to a guy with just potential and can hit hard.
You must have Landry as like the #3 S in the league then. My top 5 goes like this
1-Ed Reed
2-Bob Sanders
3-Kerry Rhodes
then it doesn't matter.

Nmamdi Asomugha had 1 INT last year. Guess he sucks at corner right?

And because the Pats scored 50 on the Skins, that lies on Landry? Mmmmk. Got nothing to do with the pass rush, the offense keeping the ball away, the corners, the linebackers or the DC's gameplan. Nope. Just LaRon Landry's fault.

According to your logic, Indianapolis had the best safeties because they averaged the least PPG against them. And your logic wouldn't work in defending Rhodes because the Jets gave up something like 45 more points than the Skins did.

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Nmamdi Asomugha had 1 INT last year. Guess he sucks at corner right?

And because the Pats scored 50 on the Skins, that lies on Landry? Mmmmk. Got nothing to do with the pass rush, the offense keeping the ball away, the corners, the linebackers or the DC's gameplan. Nope. Just LaRon Landry's fault.

According to your logic, Indianapolis had the best safeties because they averaged the least PPG against them.

He certainly didn't do anything to help the cause, I remember hearing all week how the Redskins can beat the Pats that the Redskins were great in the secondary, the seeing the Pats just throw down field on them and completely own them was funny, both Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry looked dumb that game.

Sniper
05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
He certainly didn't do anything to help the cause, I remember hearing all week how the Redskins can beat the Pats that the Redskins were great in the secondary, the seeing the Pats just throw down field on them and completely own them was funny, both Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry looked dumb that game.

The Jets gave up 38 in Week 1 to the Pats. Kerry's fault?

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-09-2008, 07:12 PM
For the Raiders a young solid athletic tackle like D'Brickashaw Ferguson is just what we need.or Joe Thomas.

jetsfan0099
The Jets gave up 38 in Week 1 to the Pats. Kerry's fault?

No it was Justin Miller and David Barretts fault, both got torched, we don't play Kerry deep out there, and actually NM some of it was Rhodes problem he had a bad game, his worst game of the year kinda like a lot of players on the team, but still Landry has less production then Rhodes. I remember hearing about how Landry was struggling until like the end of the year, so you saying hes better then Rhodes who should be a 2 time probowler/ all pro safety makes no sense. And with the coverage thing, I'm pretty sure that the Redskins like playing their safetys back in coverage, I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing that.
Against the Jets Landry was almost invisable, I forgot he was on that team during that game.

jetsfan0099
or Joe Thomas.

Joe Thomas made the probowl

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Like I said Rhodes is underrated, you probably haven't really even watched him. Your just going by Landry's college career and maybe some big hits and his really good playoff game. I'm going by what Rhodes did in the last 2 seasons. And is getting better. Rhodes is a bigger threat to get to the QB and jump routes, I rather have him.

Gay Ork Wang
05-09-2008, 07:16 PM
jetsfan ur so incredibly biased its not even funny...
Id take polamalu and maybe even adrian wilson over rhodes

btw, i thought about it, and i want JORDYZZZZZZ NELSONZZZZ

Sniper
05-09-2008, 07:18 PM
No it was Justin Miller and David Barretts fault, both got torched, we don't play Kerry deep out there, and actually NM some of it was Rhodes problem he had a bad game, his worst game of the year kinda like a lot of players on the team, but still Landry has less production then Rhodes. I remember hearing about how Landry was struggling until like the end of the year, so you saying hes better then Rhodes who should be a 2 time probowler/ all pro safety makes no sense. And with the coverage thing, I'm pretty sure that the Redskins like playing their safetys back in coverage, I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing that.
Against the Jets Landry was almost invisable, I forgot he was on that team during that game.

Pay attention to the game next time. Landry had seven tackles and a sack. Landry's production wasn't far off from Rhodes and his potential makes him a great player to have on your team for the next 10 years. I'd much rather have Landry patrolling center field and decapitating anyone who comes near him than Rhodes, and I think Rhodes is a very good underrated safety. Landry played better when he got moved to his more natural position of FS (Disappointing on how it had to come about). Watch Landry blow up this year.

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 07:21 PM
jetsfan ur so incredibly biased its not even funny...
Id take polamalu and maybe even adrian wilson over rhodes

btw, i thought about it, and i want JORDYZZZZZZ NELSONZZZZ

Wilson maybe, but Polamalu is overrated. At least the last 2 seasons he has been, when I watch him he doesn't impress me that much, Rhodes is a better player IMO. I remember Polamalu from like 2 years ago he looked real good, but the last 2 years he looked average. Rhodes has outplayed him in every way the last 2 years. Seriously is it so hard to imagian that a player on the Jets is really that good?? Look at the stats for your selfs, and then watch some game tapes of the defense and look what Rhodes does, he seriously is as good as I say he is. I am not overrating him 1 bit, you guys just are not realizing how talented he is. This is why the probowl voting is so BS, because people vote based off of past names or hyped up players and not by actual production and skills.

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Pay attention to the game next time. Landry had seven tackles and a sack. Landry's production wasn't far off from Rhodes and his potential makes him a great player to have on your team for the next 10 years. I'd much rather have Landry patrolling center field and decapitating anyone who comes near him than Rhodes, and I think Rhodes is a very good underrated safety. Landry played better when he got moved to his more natural position of FS (Disappointing on how it had to come about). Watch Landry blow up this year.

So you do admit your basing it off of potential? Maybe Landry will end up being better, but right now Rhodes is. Rhodes is the highest paid S for a reason. But I only expect Rhodes to get better also, especially with the pass rush that he will get now. Rhodes is more of a guy that likes to move around and jump routes and blitz and get the QB. He can either get a high amount of sacks in a season or a high amount of INTs.
But yea Landry is a good player, I just think its ridculous for people to say hes better then Rhodes at this point. Especially when 1 player had a average season the other had a great season.

Sniper
05-09-2008, 07:35 PM
So you do admit your basing it off of potential? Maybe Landry will end up being better, but right now Rhodes is. Rhodes is the highest paid S for a reason. But I only expect Rhodes to get better also, especially with the pass rush that he will get now. Rhodes is more of a guy that likes to move around and jump routes and blitz and get the QB. He can either get a high amount of sacks in a season or a high amount of INTs.
But yea Landry is a good player, I just think its ridculous for people to say hes better then Rhodes at this point. Especially when 1 player had a average season the other had a great season.

Landry still had a very good season compared to other rookie safeties that have come in lately. At his natural position, Landry is better than Rhodes.

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Landry still had a very good season compared to other rookie safeties that have come in lately. At his natural position, Landry is better than Rhodes.

You have absolutely nothing to back that up though.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
If Jordyz wanted to play defense he'd be better than Landry AND Rhodes!

Sniper
05-09-2008, 07:46 PM
You have absolutely nothing to back that up though.

Besides the post-Taylor's death period? I suppose not. It's only half a season.

Michigan
05-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Mario Williams would be a great compliment to Dwayne White.

asmitty45
05-09-2008, 08:58 PM
For the Lions, Jake Long or Vilma.

Backus is garbage, we need an LT and i was very upset when the saints got vilma, we need him badly.

skinzzfan25
05-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Landry is the much better prospect. Potential wise, their not even comparable, Landry is far superior. He has the highest ceiling of any safety currently out there. Production wise, he's among the top of the safeties. Teams actually schemed and rolled blocking towards him when he would sneak up on the line.

Landry had the game winning hit against the Eagles, you know, that EA sports commercial?

The game sealing INT against the Cards on their two point conversion.

And the sack/fumble recovery against the Jets for the go-ahead score. Remember this?
http://media.hamptonroads.com/media/content/pilotonline/2007/11/1109jd500x325.jpg

Clemens was on his *** the whole day.

I doubt Rhodes had that kind of impact during his rookie year.

And plus, when you have an Eagles fan defending a Redskins' player, you know he has to be pretty good :D.

LonghornsLegend
05-09-2008, 09:16 PM

Some homers are amazing...I guess you missed the title of the thread huh?

"If you could add one non pro bowler to your team"

So I guess I have to add Rhodes since you think he's so much better then Landry and I'm not entitled to my opinion:rolleyes: It's worth an argument, but the way you go about is to act like Landry is nowhere near Rhodes level, which is just homerism coming from you.

indyfan1985
05-10-2008, 06:28 PM
For the Colts I would probably go with Glenn Dorsey. I know he is unproven, but if he resembles Warren Sapp, Dungy would be thrilled to have him. He would make our D-line unstoppable.