PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News: AFC Cornerbacks

Crazy_Chris
05-09-2008, 12:26 PM
1. Raiders. Offseason pickup DeAngelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomugha give the team the best corner combo in the NFL. Asomugha, who had only one pick last year, will get more balls thrown into his area with Hall on the other side.

2. Chargers. Antonio Cromartie has big hands, long arms and outstanding speed. Quentin Jammer won't intercept many passes but is a sticky cover guy. First-round pick Antoine Cason will compete for the nickel job.

3. Broncos. Champ Bailey will be back to his old ballhawking ways if the line play improves. Dre' Bly has great ball skills but is vulnerable to double moves. Karl Paymah has good size and played with more discipline last year.

4. Colts. With their size (both are 6-0, 195) and physical style, Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden are ideal starters in coach Tony Dungy's scheme. Tim Jennings and Dante Hughes are promising options for the No. 3 job.

5. Jaguars. Offseason addition Drayton Florence is an aggressive player who is a plus in run support. Former Pro Bowler Rashean Mathis will return hungry after playing tentatively in 2007 because of a leg injury.

6. Ravens. When healthy, Chris McAlister, 30, and Samari Rolle, 31, are solid or better. They're aging but still have enough speed to run with receivers. Fabian Washington was acquired to provide insurance and to help in the nickel.

7. Bengals. Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall are strong enough to reroute receivers and fast enough to cover them deep. Hall does a better job of making plays on the ball. Former Pro Bowler Deltha O'Neal is the nickel back.

8. Titans. Cortland Finnegan is a physical player who holds his own in coverage. Nick Harper helps in run support and does a good job of making plays on the ball. Eric King and Reynaldo Hill are experienced backups.

9. Patriots. Ellis Hobbs, who's coming off two offseason surgeries, will start on the right. Free-agent pickup Fernando Bryant and rookie Terrence Wheatley will battle for the other job. Overall, the group lacks size.

10. Steelers. Deshea Townsend had a strong 2007, but he's 32 and will eventually wear down. Ike Taylor is steady but hasn't played up to his big contract. Bryant McFadden hasn't played well enough to win a starting job.

11. Jets. Darrelle Revis is a future Pro Bowler -- his coverage skills are excellent, and his ball skills are improving - but the other starting job is up for grabs. David Barrett could be cut, and Hank Poteat could be re-signed.

12. Bills. Rookie Leodis McKelvin will help immediately in the nickel and will eventually challenge Ashton Youboty for a starting job. Terrence McGee does a good job of recovering after receivers get separation.

13. Chiefs. Rookie Brandon Flowers brings life to a stale position. He will join Patrick Surtain, 31, who should be good for one more year. Tyron Brackenridge played well in the nickel as a rookie.

14. Texans. With Dunta Robinson out half the season, the Texans will struggle. Fred Bennett is big and physical . Free-agent pickup Jacques Reeves is a quick corner who will start until Robinson returns.

15. Browns. Young starters Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald should improve upon solid rookie years, and Daven Holly will be a plus in the nickel. But none is proven.

16. Dolphins. The team has confidence in Will Allen, but after him, there's a group of injury-plagued, inexperienced and undertalented guys. Andre Goodman and Travis Daniels are the top candidates to start opposite Allen.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=408426

Crickett
05-09-2008, 12:30 PM
IMO, the Bills and Jets should be higher. Seriously, Ellis Hobbs. Would yuo take him over Leodis McKelvin, Darrelle Revis OR Terrence McGee? I wouldn't.

Also, does anyone else think there is a bit of a drop off in talent after the top three?

Crazy_Chris
05-09-2008, 12:33 PM
I think you right on with the Jets I would take Darelle Revis at the moment over anything the Pats have. I also would take McKelvin but he is a rookie so there is that element of the unknown which is why I understand them rating the bills a bit lower right now.

The one problem I have is I wouldn't take the chargers CB's over the Broncos CB's the Broncos should be #2.

Wyndham
05-09-2008, 01:35 PM
New England is awful and should be no higher than 15th. Are you kidding me? Writers simply see New England and put them higher than they should be.

SuperMcGee
05-09-2008, 01:44 PM
How can you challenge Youboty for a starting job when Youboty doesn't have the starting job nor is even really challenging for it himself?
I believe the name you were looking for is Jabari Greer.

vidae
05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Yay, the Chiefs aren't last!

neko4
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
1. Raiders. Offseason pickup DeAngelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomugha give the team the best corner combo in the NFL. Asomugha, who had only one pick last year, will get more balls thrown into his area with Hall on the other side.

I disagree, I'd much rather throw it D-hall's way than Nnamdi's

Crazy_Chris
05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd much rather go 3 wide and throw to the slot or just throw to the TE.

Matthew Jones
05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I think they're saying no one threw towards Scrabble last year and they will throw more now.

neko4
05-09-2008, 02:19 PM
I'd much rather go 3 wide and throw to the slot or just throw to the TE.

I think they're saying no one threw towards Scrabble last year and they will throw more now.
Yeah i know, sporting news might think D-Hall is the better CB and that would piss me off

SeanTaylorRIP
05-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Ravens secondary has potential to be freakish barring injuries, Chris McAllister and Ed Reed are elite at their positions, Dawan Landry is a pro bowl caliber safety wouldn't be surprised to see him in Hawaii this year, and Samari Rolle is still an above average CB when healthy. The addition of Fabian Washington gives them some cover speed. And they have a bunch of young guys who have plenty of playing experience in Corey Ivey, Ronnie Prude, Derrick Martin, and David Pittman. They also added two safeties in the draft which bolsters their unit even more. Zbikowski will be a special teams stud, and could be deadly playing as a situational pass rusher and roam around type guy. Harkuri Nakamura is also a good player.

MaxV
05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
It's good to see Hayden and Jackson getting their due. They've been a HUGE improvement over Harper and David.

CC.SD
05-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I think you right on with the Jets I would take Darelle Revis at the moment over anything the Pats have. I also would take McKelvin but he is a rookie so there is that element of the unknown which is why I understand them rating the bills a bit lower right now.

The one problem I have is I wouldn't take the chargers CB's over the Broncos CB's the Broncos should be #2.

I'd really disagree with you. Dre Bly doesn't have it anymore. Jammer and Cro are both ridiculous corners, and that's before you throw in first rounder Antoine Cason and the second fastest guy on our squad (after Cromartie), 3rd year player Cletin Gordon.

05-09-2008, 04:17 PM
AFC WEST rule this thread.

LonghornsLegend
05-09-2008, 04:21 PM
I'd really disagree with you. Dre Bly doesn't have it anymore. Jammer and Cro are both ridiculous corners, and that's before you throw in first rounder Antoine Cason and the second fastest guy on our squad (after Cromartie), 3rd year player Cletin Gordon.

Why doesn't Dre Bly have it anymore, but Jammer is ridiculous? I don't get that...I'm almost positive Jennings would of torched Jammer the exact same way he did to Bly, Jammer biggest strength isn't even his coverage its his strength, physicality, and aggressiveness on defense...Both corners would probably struggle when asked to go outside of their comfort zones.

CC.SD
05-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Why doesn't Dre Bly have it anymore, but Jammer is ridiculous? I don't get that...I'm almost positive Jennings would of torched Jammer the exact same way he did to Bly, Jammer biggest strength isn't even his coverage its his strength, physicality, and aggressiveness on defense...Both corners would probably struggle when asked to go outside of their comfort zones.

Why is any player better than another? Bly is just not at the same level as Jam right now, and that's not necessarily a knock on Bly. (although I don't personally like his game.) Jammer's not just a physical guy anymore, he covers guys like blankets. He barely gets thrown at; why do you think teams were still throwing at Cromartie late in the season? He's not perfect, but he's really playing extremely well.

Hines
05-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Not being a homer, but I think the Steelers should be number 7th above the Bengals and the Chargers should be number 1.

LonghornsLegend
05-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Why is any player better than another?

Because someone usually makes some sort of claim to back up that statement I would guess, I just didn't see you add much but Bly doesn't have it anymore and Jammer is ridiculous so I was curious how you came to that conclusion...Something you should take into consideration is how much more pressure the Chargers put on opposing QB's then the Broncos did, ask the Giants DB's if that makes a huge difference or not.

As big of a fan as I am of Jammer, he would get burnt just the same if his front 4 was not getting pressure on the QB and was expected to play man to man while the QB goes through his reads, and I'm pretty sure Bly would perform better playing with San Diego getting that type of pressure on the QB.

661rep
05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
As big of a fan as I am of Jammer, he would get burnt just the same if his front 4 was not getting pressure on the QB and was expected to play man to man while the QB goes through his reads, and I'm pretty sure Bly would perform better playing with San Diego getting that type of pressure on the QB.

Well i'm not going to agree that Bly is better then Jammer, but i'm going to agree with you that Jammer benefits greatly from the Chargers pass rush. I really haven't seen Bly play too much to tell who's the better of the two. Lately, i've read that Jammer has had a good year, but I remember his first couple years he struggled real bad. In all honestly this is the first year I heard of him having a good year.

tom
05-09-2008, 06:40 PM
This is a joke... Ike Taylor is amazing, and Deshea Townsend is a legend. Bryant McFadden is like Darren McFadden, only better, and a CB. Steelers are no lower than 3... And probably 1.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 06:50 PM
This is a joke... Ike Taylor is amazing, and Deshea Townsend is a legend. Bryant McFadden is like Darren McFadden, only better, and a CB. Steelers are no lower than 3... And probably 1.

And the crowd says... "HOMER!!"

jetsfan0099
05-09-2008, 06:56 PM
So how would you rate the top 10 CB in the AFC like??

Hines
05-09-2008, 06:57 PM

You cant be serious, right?

Sniper
05-09-2008, 06:59 PM

It's insider, and therefore premium stuff, but according to KC Joyner's research, Ike Taylor is in the bottom 10 CBs in the league on vertical passes. Allows 12.7 ypa on deep passes

Hines
05-09-2008, 07:02 PM
It's insider, and therefore premium stuff, but according to KC Joyner's research, Ike Taylor is in the bottom 10 CBs in the league on vertical passes. Allows 12.7 ypa on deep passes

I read that, it was very interesting. I think he wouldnt get picked on so much if he didnt have the shittiest hands on the team. I can catch better then Ike.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-09-2008, 07:32 PM
As good as Nnamdi and Hall are our NB situation sucks.

Dreamers
05-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Bengals are the sleeper team here. Their first round picks looked very good in their last few games and had a lot of interceptions.

lost33cause
05-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Ya the Bengals CBs held up well late in the season which is impressive considering the lack playmakers in the front 7. They have one of the best and youngest secondaries in the NFL and we'll see how time treats em.

661rep
05-09-2008, 10:44 PM
As good as Nnamdi and Hall are our NB situation sucks.

I actually like Routt he is young, big, and fast and started a couple games due to Washington slumping.

CC.SD
05-09-2008, 10:55 PM

I guess we just have to disagree. I'm okay with your opinion, and I don't mean to condescend when I say that I'm pretty sure you haven't seen a whole lot of Jammer lately. The Chargers in 2007 played with mostly a front 3, and there was almost a revolt in Chargerdom because Cottrell didn't blitz Phillips and Merriman more than a couple times a game, at least through the first half of the season. Jammer hung tough. He still didn't give up much of anything. He's just a stellar cover corner who doesn't get thrown out very often at all.

I saw my share of Bly as a Bronco and opposite Bailey he didn't come across as shutdown. I still think Bly/Bailey is a top 5 combo, but I wouldn't take them over the CBs in GB, SD, OAK, and yes, Dallas. Philly is close. I'm probably forgetting someone, but I'm outta here for the night.

defensiveback23
05-09-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a homer, but anyone who says the pass rush is what makes Jammer so good is speaking out of ignorance. As was already pointed out, Cortell was pretty apprehensive about blitzing earlier in the year. The pass rush was also pretty inconsistent throughout the year as well. They would have great pressure in a series followed by absolutely no push on what seemed like a pretty regular basis in a lot of games. The pass rush masked secondary deficiencies in years past, but I would go as far as saying the secondary helped the pass rush more than vice versa this past season.

Jammer is a great athlete who in my opinion is still superior to Cromartie in overall coverage. He is known for his physicality, but lets face it, no corner is taken in the top 5 because of that. He still gets a bad rap from the pass interferences that plagued him earlier in his career, but as a testament to not only his work ethic but his natural ability, he changed his game to conform to NFL standards. He can hang with the big physical receivers just as well he can with the smaller quicker guys. He'll almost certainly never be considered a ballhawk, which drives down his exposure more than anything, but there are not many corners out there who can cover virtually anybody and be great in run support at the same time.

OzTitan
05-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Titans are a bit overrated at 8. Finnegan is a nice young CB but Harper can be a liability at times (although is good against the run as mentioned), and after him there is little else to talk about.

CashmoneyDrew
05-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Titans are a bit overrated at 8. Finnegan is a nice young CB but Harper can be a liability at times (although is good against the run as mentioned), and after him there is little else to talk about.

I agree.

Now if we start talking about complete secondaries, then the Titans might be up there.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-10-2008, 01:32 AM
I actually like Routt he is young, big, and fast and started a couple games due to Washington slumping.He also sucks at NB.Which is why we never bothered playing him there even when Fabian was starting.

RaiderFan
05-10-2008, 02:03 AM
He also sucks at NB.Which is why we never bothered playing him there even when Fabian was starting.

True Routt isn't the best NB but he never played it full time. Now that he knows its his main job he will improve. I thought he was pretty good a NB towards the end of the Season. Routt is not TOP 10 but he is above average and still very young. Most Nfl teams would feel safe with him a starting number 1 corner.

RaiderFan
05-10-2008, 02:05 AM

lol HOMER. Just like me

TimD
05-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't think focusing specifically on the corners is fair. It should be the secondary as a whole. You could have great corners and horrible safeties and get lit up or the other way around. In my opinion the two positions are really different but should be counted as the same unit.

TheGreatEscape
05-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I really like the bengals corners even if I don't think Hall is the going to be the stud many think he will be. Joseph has great cover skills and quickness.

Dam8610
05-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm not surprised at the Raiders or Chargers being ranked higher, but the Broncos? Champ is great, but Bly is a vulnerability, and who's their nickel?

Dam8610
05-10-2008, 02:34 PM

You sound like a Tom I know, if he were a Steelers fan.

themaninblack
05-10-2008, 02:35 PM
^I think we all kind of realize that Hall is going to be our #2 CB and I think he will be amazing in that role. JJ is the one with a lot of expectations on him and I think he's pretty much lived up to that thus far. If the man could catch he would have a ridiculous amount of interceptions.

Addict
05-10-2008, 02:42 PM

funniest post of the 2009 draft season so far.

Reggie Bush is like George W. Bush... except he's not president, black, a running back and he's probably got more fans left then bush after a few unsuccesfull years.

GrandChamp13
05-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Ike Taylor shuts down probowl corners consistantly
Deshea Townsend is a good corner too but a bit on the slow side
Bryant McFadden is Arguably the BEST third CB in the NFL (Rod woodson said, "He's be starting on any other team").

I think their Top 5 Maybe top3
They're not the #1 Defense and #3 Pass D cuz they've got sorry CBs.

CashmoneyDrew
05-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Bryant McFadden is Arguably the BEST third CB in the NFL (Rod woodson said, "He's be starting on any other team").

http://yeabitz.com/hosting/o_rry.jpg

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-10-2008, 03:17 PM
True Routt isn't the best NB but he never played it full time. Now that he knows its his main job he will improve. I thought he was pretty good a NB towards the end of the Season. Routt is not TOP 10 but he is above average and still very young. Most Nfl teams would feel safe with him a starting number 1 corner.
Actually Routt played it full time in 06 and was horrible at it.Which is why we didnt bother playing him at NB at all this past season.In our nickel packages Washington always played NB even if he was starting.

Crickett
05-10-2008, 03:33 PM

Yep. Thats how good Ike Taylor is. His sheer awesomeness stops other pro bowl cornerbacks from being good.

Deshea Townsend is so great, that he is barred from the pro bowl so he doesn't make the best offensive players look like CFL players.

Bryant McFadden is Darren McFadden, only bigger, faster, stronger, better and a cornerback. His tears cure cancer. Unfortunately, he has never cried.

These three are not only the best trio of cornerbacks in the NFL, there the three best cornerbacks in the NFL period.

In fact, if not for Mel Blount and Rod Woodson, you could say that these three are the best cornerbacks ever.

art vandelay
05-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow, Youboty barely sniffed the field last year. Right now, he's behind Jabari Greer, Leodis McKelvin, William James and maybe even Reggie Corner. If you put a gun to my head right now, I'd say that he isn't going to even make the team this year. Also, Terrence McGee played extremely well last year.

And WTF with the Pats not last. Ellis Hobbs and Fernando Bryant with Terrance Wheatley/Lewis Sanders/Jason Webster at nickel don't exactly strike fear in anyone's heart. They should be 16 for sure.

Yung Flippa
05-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Come on now...I'm sure the Texans have a better Corner situation then Kansas City. (Even without Daunta Robinson)

DeathbyStat
05-10-2008, 05:32 PM

I disagree, I'd much rather throw it D-hall's way than Nnamdi's

I really agree...hall will have more balls thrown his way and he may be exposed..i think he is a tad bit overrated

keylime_5
05-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I'd rather have a killer pass rush than a super corner tandem. That's why Cromartie was so valuable last season for the Chargers - he's not a shutdown man cover corner but he was spectacular at getting an interception from anywhere on the field and cash in on it too to capitalize on the pass rush.

CC.SD
05-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I'd rather have a killer pass rush than a super corner tandem. That's why Cromartie was so valuable last season for the Chargers - he's not a shutdown man cover corner but he was spectacular at getting an interception from anywhere on the field and cash in on it too to capitalize on the pass rush.

That's true, but it's tough to knock his cover skills. He really only gave up one long pass all year IIRC, and it happened to be a miracle laser gamewinner by Favre after he gambled for the pick and lost. He'll give up some short balls, but those aren't defendable 100% of the time.

RaiderFan
05-10-2008, 09:29 PM
That's true, but it's tough to knock his cover skills. He really only gave up one long pass all year IIRC, and it happened to be a miracle laser gamewinner by Favre after he gambled for the pick and lost. He'll give up some short balls, but those aren't defendable 100% of the time.

Didn't Jamarcus Russell Burn Cromartie? Yeah i think he did.
Here is memory Refresher....... http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805a0802

LonghornsLegend
05-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a homer, but anyone who says the pass rush is what makes Jammer so good is speaking out of ignorance. As was already pointed out, Cortell was pretty apprehensive about blitzing earlier in the year. The pass rush was also pretty inconsistent throughout the year as well. They would have great pressure in a series followed by absolutely no push on what seemed like a pretty regular basis in a lot of games. The pass rush masked secondary deficiencies in years past, but I would go as far as saying the secondary helped the pass rush more than vice versa this past season.

Jammer is a great athlete who in my opinion is still superior to Cromartie in overall coverage. He is known for his physicality, but lets face it, no corner is taken in the top 5 because of that. He still gets a bad rap from the pass interferences that plagued him earlier in his career, but as a testament to not only his work ethic but his natural ability, he changed his game to conform to NFL standards. He can hang with the big physical receivers just as well he can with the smaller quicker guys. He'll almost certainly never be considered a ballhawk, which drives down his exposure more than anything, but there are not many corners out there who can cover virtually anybody and be great in run support at the same time.

First off, I'm a huge Jammer fan and have been watching him play CB before you have, I'm pretty sure of it, unless you have been following him out of HS and as a freshman at UT, he was always one of my favorite players.

Secondly, I never said the pass rush is what makes him so good, I said the Chargers as a whole have a better pass rush then the Broncos, are you really trying to dispute that? It's not even close, I didn't say anything about blitzing so I don't need you guys to tell me Merriman rarely blitzed, the Chargers applied pressure on the opposing QB's point blank, Merriman and Phillips still raised hell...The FACTS are that its easier to play DB if you have a better pass rush, and if you have no pass rush what so ever, its ALOT tougher to expect your DB to stay with a WR through an entire route.

Thus the argument was directed at the comments about Bly and Jammer in comparison, Bly was asked to do things Jammer wasn't...The Chargers had 11 more sacks then Denver and applied alot more consistent pressure, add to the fact that Denver couldn't stop the run for a damn, it just makes a DB's job easier to play for a defense like the Chargers...Once again, goes back to the Giants DB's running around and making int's at the end of last year, those exact same DB's were getting torched to start the year without the same pressure, but once that D line got to going, they started looking like pro bowlers back there.

TitanHope
05-10-2008, 10:38 PM
I concur with OzTitan and VooDoo.

Finnegan and Harper probably aren't the 8th best CB tandem in the AFC, and their coverage abilities are enhanced by the Titans DLine. But, they fit our DEF perfectly last season. Harper is great in run-support, and you can't question Finny's physicality and ability to get in the heads of receivers. With Haynesworth and KVB on the DL, we need CB's who can support the run more than CB's who can cover on an island.

CC.SD
05-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Here is memory Refresher....... http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805a0802

Good catch. He did also give up a garbage time touchdown in a garbage time game. To a garbage time quarterback? Eh. They did finally stick him in at the end of the season, when nothing mattered.

about Bly; it's true, very tough to play CB with a D-line like the Broncos. I still believe that when you look at the Broncos CB production and play, it doesn't hold up to the standards of top 3 in the AFC. Champs awesome, but Bly was, let's call it inconsistent, this year, and they don't have a nickel. Better than a lot of teams, sure, but not the be all end all of CB corps that people were talking bout this time last year.

Dam8610
05-11-2008, 12:46 AM

Doesn't look like a burn to me, looks like poor safety play with Cromartie expecting and not getting inside safety help.

DonWoods33
05-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Doesn't look like a burn to me, looks like poor safety play with Cromartie expecting and not getting inside safety help.

Thats Marlon McCree for you. He went from barely adequate to horrible in one year. I think he's on his sixth NFL team this year? I am sure you remember the awful angle he took on Gonzales in the Divisional Playoff Game, of course it didn't help that Florence gave up on the play too, another reason I am glad hes gone as well.
Jammer actually started to play more consistent towards the end of 06, although he did get badly burned by Andre Caldwell in the NE playoff game (06-07), getting all twisted and turned like the young Q did so much. The AFC Championship game was his best game as a pro, some good PBU, and a pick against a great team and WR. Although the piss poor tackling in the 4th Qtr allowed NE to hold on and run out the clock. There was some stat I saw that said he had one of the lowest per completion averages, and yards per catch in the league last year. So I don't think its a stretch to say he and Cromartie are one of the top combos in the NFL. Everyone loves D. Hall on this board, but PFW never fails to get in their shots that his rep in league circles as a gambling, guessing, overrated corner. And they are pretty much the bible when it comes to the NFL, and have been for more then 30 years.

tom
05-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Yep. Thats how good Ike Taylor is. His sheer awesomeness stops other pro bowl cornerbacks from being good.

Deshea Townsend is so great, that he is barred from the pro bowl so he doesn't make the best offensive players look like CFL players.

Bryant McFadden is Darren McFadden, only bigger, faster, stronger, better and a cornerback. His tears cure cancer. Unfortunately, he has never cried.

These three are not only the best trio of cornerbacks in the NFL, there the three best cornerbacks in the NFL period.

In fact, if not for Mel Blount and Rod Woodson, you could say that these three are the best cornerbacks ever.

Dude, that post is like so totally money! I couldn't agree more... Although I don't know if Ike Taylor is worse than Mel Blount and Rod Woodson. I know that we've always had great CB in pittsburgh, in fact, we're known for them. Ricardo "Chips Cheese and Beans" Colcough is going to be the best CB in carolina, Chad "The French Connection" Scott was a legend, known for his great CB play and his flash style, and Dewayne "Money" Washington was like so totally awesome.

To me Ike taylor is like sean taylor, only better, and a cornerback, and he would be the captain of any other team in the nfl. The only other cornerback that comes to mind that was good enough to play CB for the steelers is jason seehorn, but he retired.

SenorGato
05-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I like the Browns young group to jump highest on the list. That team is just loaded with talent/potential right now.

Darrelle Revis = Truf.