PDA

View Full Version : David Harris

Bohleive
02-27-2007, 06:39 PM
What does everyone think about this guy as a 1st rd possibility? I've been for taking a LB to be Ray's successor in the 1st or 2nd for a while now, if the value was good. Harris could very well be BPA when we pick. I really believe that Ray will be gone within the next 2 seasons (retired) and if we don't have someone to step in the dropoff could be a killer.

ccB
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I'd be all for it, hes an ideal 3-4 ILB. After having a really impressive combine I think hes defintely a late 1st early 2nd round player.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Id be surprised if Ray plays past next season, but I dont see us drafting his replacement in rd 1 this year.

I believe after this coming season Ray, JO, and McNair will all retire with Mulitalo, Flynn, and Mason possibly also calling it quits as well.

Ravens1991
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
I remember Ray saying he will play until he is 35 because he wants to be the GOAT, either way we could go permanent 34 if we take Harris

Bohleive
02-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Id be surprised if Ray plays past next season, but I dont see us drafting his replacement in rd 1 this year.

I'm curious as to why you think this. For one thing, I think we could take just about any position if the value is good enough, especially one that could produce a starter in one year. For another, I think that Ozzie has to know how much Ray gives us and that his production, and influence on our defense cannot be replaced with a mid-round talent. Drafting Ray's replacement this season also gives more time to get him NFL-ready which would also help decrease the dropoff.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm curious as to why you think this. For one thing, I think we could take just about any position if the value is good enough, especially one that could produce a starter in one year. For another, I think that Ozzie has to know how much Ray gives us and that his production, and influence on our defense cannot be replaced with a mid-round talent. Drafting Ray's replacement this season also gives more time to get him NFL-ready which would also help decrease the dropoff.

Cause for 1 I believe we have Ray's replacement in Bart Scott already. Secondly is because we are gonna try to make a run at the Superbowl next season, and to do that we need our 1st rounder to be an impact player right away.

WMD
02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
David Harris is the man, but if you're drafting him to replace Ray Lewis, I think you're going to be disappointed..

Bohleive
02-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Cause for 1 I believe we have Ray's replacement in Bart Scott already. Secondly is because we are gonna try to make a run at the Superbowl next season, and to do that we need our 1st rounder to be an impact player right away.

Bart Scott is a great player, but he's 28 and he alone won't be able to pick up the slack when Ray is gone. Besides, then who will replace scott. As for our superbowl run, I doubt a guard or something would make that big difference, plus why should we mortgage our future when we have a chance to lessen the blow? I'm not saying we shouldn't do as much as we can to utilize our window, I'm saying we shouldn't be reckless.

Bohleive
02-27-2007, 10:35 PM
David Harris is the man, but if you're drafting him to replace Ray Lewis, I think you're going to be disappointed..

I don't think any of us expect to see another Ray Lewis. We're talking about someone who can take on his role as leader in the LB corps and as an everydown tackling machine.

Bohleive
02-27-2007, 10:42 PM
One more thought:
Taking Harris or someone like him could provide us with some insurance if Cody doesn't for whatever reason pan out (not that I believe this at all). Scott could be moved outside, where his speed off the edge could be more frequently utilized. I think Scott could hold up there (245 lbs?).

niel89
02-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Bart Scott is a great player, but he's 28 and he alone won't be able to pick up the slack when Ray is gone. Besides, then who will replace scott. As for our superbowl run, I doubt a guard or something would make that big difference, plus why should we mortgage our future when we have a chance to lessen the blow? I'm not saying we shouldn't do as much as we can to utilize our window, I'm saying we shouldn't be reckless.

the ravens organization have repeatedly said they will not give up the future for one year. they did that the year after they won the super bowl and got burned for it. when they let Adalius go, that was an act of this new philosophy. no giving away the future for the present

ccB
02-28-2007, 08:11 AM
I think Bart Scott is good/determined enough to play any type of LB.

Ravens1991
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
I agree about all LB spots, we got a steal there.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-01-2007, 05:55 PM
I had another reason for not wanting Harris in rd 1 but I couldnt remember the guys name but I just saw so before I forget its because I would rather have H.B. Blades in a later round.