PDA

View Full Version : Koren released by the packers

damasta13
05-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Koren Robinson is no longer a packer:
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/05/09/1/

princefielder28
05-09-2008, 04:09 PM
He straightened out his life to an extent where he was able to suit em up for the Green and Gold. I don't know if someone else will sign him, but as individual he has taken enormous strides from where he was two years ago. Adios Koren!

damasta13
05-09-2008, 04:13 PM
yeah, I think it was pretty much on the cards after the pack picked up jordy and swain, and also given that koren was never the most reliable.
This is the first (and probably last) time I have reported something first on here!

SaintsFanForLife
05-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I think he will be picked up. Maybe the Bears or Eagles.

LonghornsLegend
05-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Honestly I'd give him a look for Dallas, he's not a half bad slot, we could be worse off...That is, if he didn't cost a bunch.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Dallas, Dallas, Dallas!

Where everyone sends their headache players.

I wouldn't mind having him on the team though for three cents on the dollar. If he's willing to play for a meager salary, i say 'why not?'.

He's gonna need to find a team quick though before they re-po the Lambo he was driving drunk in.

Stash
05-09-2008, 05:21 PM
The first casualty of the Jordyz Nelsonzz regime ZOMG!!1!!

TitleTown088
05-09-2008, 05:27 PM
The first casualty of the Jordyz Nelsonzz regime ZOMG!!1!!

The first of many to come.

Whats this say about GB's WR group? Pretty, pretttty ,Prettty goood.

Geo
05-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Best move for both parties, he wasn't going to make the roster, and now has the chance to find a new team.

LonghornsLegend
05-09-2008, 05:47 PM
I almost can't wait for Jordyzzz to score his first TD, this board is going to go nuts...Travis24's head will implode somewhere.

Addict
05-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I almost can't wait for Jordyzzz to score his first TD, this board is going to go nuts...Travis24's head will implode somewhere.

Travis' head will go into orbit probably... srsly though, he'll cry for a week when it happens.

PackerLegend
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Dallas, Dallas, Dallas!

Where everyone sends their headache players.

Koren was not a headache in any way when he was with Green Bay. He seemed like a really good guy. We all know he had his problems everywhere else but at this point he is definetly not bad unless he reverts back to his old ways. He was only 28. It was kind of stupid I hate to see him go at this point because we drafted a WR we didnt need, but if Jordy becomes a great player Im all for it, if he sucks I will be mad. There was no more room and Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson were all locks to make it.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Koren was not a headache in any way when he was with Green Bay. He seemed like a really good guy. We all know he had his problems everywhere else but at this point he is definetly not bad unless he reverts back to his old ways. He was only 28. It was kind of stupid I hate to see him go at this point because we drafted a WR we didnt need, but if Jordy becomes a great player Im all for it, if he sucks I will be mad. There was no more room and Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson were all locks to make it.

Well you can make the argument that Adam Jones has stayed out of legal troubles recently, so that makes him a non-headache now. I think some people would have a problem with that logic, right?

PackerLegend
05-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Well you can make the argument that Adam Jones has stayed out of legal troubles recently, so that makes him a non-headache now. I think some people would have a problem with that logic, right?

Ya but Pac is a turd and way bigger headache then Koren. Koren has proven himself so far with the Packers staying clean. Pac has yet to be reinstated and has not proven that he is clean on a new team. The circumstances are differnt, Koren has had a drinking problem. Pac has had a problem with strip clubs and acting like a thug making it rain and being questioned about shootings. Im sure I will get called a Cowboy hater because I said bad stuff about Pacman. I dont care if you want to call Koren a headache still fine by me, makes no difference.

From Rotoworld

ESPN's John Clayton suggests that free agent Koren Robinson could land with the Raiders.

Clayton says Robinson, who was released Friday, hasn't heard much yet. But Oakland could use him on returns after losing Chris Carr and owner Al Davis loves him some former first-round picks. Robinson is reportedly also "monitoring what's going on in Kansas City," where he'd be a fantastic fit.

I would like him to go to Kansas City the most.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Okay, well if you don't care if i consider him a headache, then why argue? :D

LonghornsLegend
05-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Al Davis is going to give him 26 million up front, I'd go to Oakland.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 07:56 PM
If i was Kansas City, i'd try my best to get him. Croyle needs all the playmakers he can get.

EvilMonkey
05-09-2008, 08:00 PM

he was a headache who went to a new team and straightened himself out. That cant be compared at all to Pacman. Koren has proven that he can stay clean and not get in trouble while playing in the NFL, Pacman has not and thusly he is still a headache while Koren is not.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 08:09 PM
he was a headache who went to a new team and straightened himself out. That cant be compared at all to Pacman. Koren has proven that he can stay clean and not get in trouble while playing in the NFL, Pacman has not and thusly he is still a headache while Koren is not.

I was referring to the logic that because someone has cleared their name for a while, he's no longer a headache, which i disagree.

GB12
05-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I was referring to the logic that because someone has cleared their name for a while, he's no longer a headache, which i disagree.
Koren Robinson was never really a headcase. His problem was alcohol abuse, which while dumb is far from being a headcase. He just wasn't responsible with his drinking, everything else about him was fine. Similar to Jared Allen now, I wouldn't consider him a head case he just has to control his drinking.

And yes in this case you can clear your name because there's an easy solution. Don't drink and you can't get in any trouble from it.

Koren Robinson is a far cry from Pacman Jones.

leroyisgod
05-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Someone will pick him for his return skills.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Koren Robinson was never really a headcase. His problem was alcohol abuse, which while dumb is far from being a headcase. He just wasn't responsible with his drinking, everything else about him was fine. Similar to Jared Allen now, I wouldn't consider him a head case he just has to control his drinking.

So how is being an irresponsible drinker any less of a headache on a team than someone who causes fights at night clubs? The fact that a man got shot and paralyzed in the same incident over-blew the Las Vegas thing with Adam. He's been acquitted of any involvement in it so i don't see how it gets so much attention still. So outside of drinking with no limit, and then taking the wheel of a sports car and speed the highways over 100mph, that's frowned upon less than someone who just wants to see ass and titties.

And yes in this case you can clear your name because there's an easy solution. Don't drink and you can't get in any trouble from it.

Koren Robinson is a far cry from Pacman Jones.

If that's the case, then if Adam staying away from making it rain inside strip clubs should clear his name?

asmitty45
05-09-2008, 08:57 PM
that sucks, i liked his story. i think someone will pick him up though

Geo
05-09-2008, 09:35 PM
If i was Kansas City, i'd try my best to get him. Croyle needs all the playmakers he can get.
I'm not so sure, KC is essentially going to be exclusively operating out of a 2-TE set. They might already have all the receivers they need right now.

MetSox17
05-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm not so sure, KC is essentially going to be exclusively operating out of a 2-TE set. They might already have all the receivers they need right now.

All that does is eliminate the Fullback.

You can't stay in a 2 TE set forever either. Or are you gonna line up 2TE's and another 2 in the backfield? I'm not sure how successful that would be.

After Dwayne Bowe, what is there as far as playmaking ability?

Lets not forget that Koren Robinson two years ago was a Pro Bowl KR'er

CC.SD
05-09-2008, 10:58 PM

Excellent fit in KC. Who are the Texans employing as KR/3rd receiver these days?

Nitschke-Hawk
05-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Good luck to ya Koren! Thanks!

The Dynasty
05-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Excellent fit in KC. Who are the Texans employing as KR/3rd receiver these days?

They were using Jacoby Jones in the earlier of last Season but I think he got injured.

djp
05-10-2008, 01:50 AM
He straightened out his life to an extent where he was able to suit em up for the Green and Gold. I don't know if someone else will sign him, but as individual he has taken enormous strides from where he was two years ago. Adios Koren!

Seriously, we felt the same way when we gave him a BRAND NEW contract. Then he got ANOTHER DUI....

Just because he's went awhile without one, doesn't mean he won't get one again. I'd bet money he gets arrested within the year.

T-RICH49
05-10-2008, 07:09 AM

our WR core - Bowe+ need for a returnman = Koren a great fit

Yatta!
05-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Good luck to ya Koren! Thanks!

Second that, I'm really glad he straightened himself out.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-10-2008, 09:30 AM
So how is being an irresponsible drinker any less of a headache on a team than someone who causes fights at night clubs? The fact that a man got shot and paralyzed in the same incident over-blew the Las Vegas thing with Adam. He's been acquitted of any involvement in it so i don't see how it gets so much attention still. So outside of drinking with no limit, and then taking the wheel of a sports car and speed the highways over 100mph, that's frowned upon less than someone who just wants to see ass and titties.

If that's the case, then if Adam staying away from making it rain inside strip clubs should clear his name?

The difference is PacMan has said he will continue to go to strip clubs. Koren Robinson has never said he will keep drinking.

Thunder&Lightning
05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Goo luck koren. got the talent just wish you could get everything together...

TimD
05-10-2008, 09:56 AM
The Jets should look into him. He could come in and have a big impact as a slot wr. Could you imagine our 4 wr set. Coles, Cotchery, Koren, and Keller. Nasty

PackerLegend
05-10-2008, 10:48 AM
The Jets should look into him. He could come in and have a big impact as a slot wr. Could you imagine our 4 wr set. Coles, Cotchery, Koren, and Keller. Nasty

Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Martin in a 5 WR set over that 4 wr set :D

Looks like he might have some knee problems

A chronic knee injury negated Robinson's once-vaunted speed after his return from suspension. And as the season grew longer and the game-time temperatures colder, Robinson's knee appeared to be even more of a problem in the playoffs.

Young Legend
05-10-2008, 11:28 AM
He will land in oakland.

neko4
05-10-2008, 11:42 AM

I did notice that the last 4 games or so he was a non-issue. But for awhile (weeks 8-10 maybe) He was doing really well. He did have 20 catches in about 8 games.

MetSox17
05-10-2008, 01:19 PM
The difference is PacMan has said he will continue to go to strip clubs. Koren Robinson has never said he will keep drinking.

What???

Find me where he said THAT, because in the radio interviews he did with Michael Irvin, he said "I can't say i'm NEVER gonna go to a strip club again, but i am gonna stay out of them for the next four, five years".

So now we have to take what a multiple DUI man says as gospel when it comes to drinking responsibly? Yeah, right.

MetSox17
05-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Who are the Texans employing as KR/3rd receiver these days?

I don't think the Texans have any room for him on their roster.

After Andre 3000, they just re-signed Andre Davis after having a very very nice year, and Kevin Walter played more than admirably as well. Let's not forget they still have Jacoby Jones, who showed lots of promise this past season in the slot and returning punts.
So yeah, i don't think the Texans have space for him to play, barring someone getting hurt.

LonghornsLegend
05-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Mathis was let go about a month ago I believe...I'm really high on Jacoby Jones and think he will be a breakout player this year, he more then likely will play slot and PR, with Andre Davis returning kicks.

MetSox17
05-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Mathis was let go about a month ago I believe...I'm really high on Jacoby Jones and think he will be a breakout player this year, he more then likely will play slot and PR, with Andre Davis returning kicks.

Oh wow, really? lol.. i guess i don't keep up with the Texans as much as i imagined. Sucks for us, he signed with the 'Skins. Dude can't stay healthy though.

But yeah, i'm a big fan of Jacoby Jones, if they can properly utilize his skill-set he can be very good for them. I think Andre Davis is gonna start opposite Andre Johnson though. He was tearing it up last year when Johnson got hurt.

toddmlazarchick
05-10-2008, 06:02 PM

I'll raise you a Moss, Randle El, Thomas, Kelly, Cooley set :D

GB12
05-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Except that'd be in no way a raise.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Yeah I remember noticing he seemed kinda slow at the end of the season. But he did have a long return during the same time frame.

CC.SD
05-10-2008, 08:33 PM
What???

Find me where he said THAT, because in the radio interviews he did with Michael Irvin, he said "I can't say i'm NEVER gonna go to a strip club again, but i am gonna stay out of them for the next four, five years".

So now we have to take what a multiple DUI man says as gospel when it comes to drinking responsibly? Yeah, right.

There was definitely a quote in the last few months where PacMan said he wasn't opposed to going to strip clubs. It was pretty unbelievable. It was before the Irvin video though, so who knows what is in the little thug's head.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Yes I did hear him say the same thing. It was a blip on the radar though with all that's happened with him. hahah. That's probably why it wasn't publicized that much. But that was a while back.

tjsunstein
05-10-2008, 08:46 PM

Greg Jennings > Santana Moss. Enough said.

Boston
05-10-2008, 08:51 PM
What???

Yeah, it's either that, or what some dumbass on an internet forum says. It's your call...

TitleTown088
05-10-2008, 09:22 PM

September 8th at 6:47 PM. You will be able to watch on ESPN.

As for Koren, the guy's knee is ruined. Bone on bone, hopefully he can keep it working.

stephenson86
05-11-2008, 04:40 PM
titans will probably pick him up...we seem to do that