PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to...

DraftKidWonder
05-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Kevin Grady? He was the state of Michigan's all time leading rusher and he was so impressive his freshman year I thought Mike Hart would have to split carries. So tell me, what happened?

Brent
05-09-2008, 05:42 PM
if you are a kid wonder, why are you asking this? should you not already know?

MidwayMonster31
05-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Ask, and you will receive (http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=663313).

Sniper
05-09-2008, 07:41 PM
He backed up Mike Hart his freshman and sophomore years. No one got many carries besides Mike, so that explains his low amount of carries. He tore his ACL last year.

He's expected to start this year. Mind you, we're probably going to have like 5 RBs get significant carries (Brown, Grady, Minor, Horn, McGuffie???) so I don't know how many he will get. I hope he can be effective in between the tackles.

Michigan
05-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Along with Brandon Minor, Tim Jamison, and the corners, Kevin Grady was one of the most impressive players during spring practices. He's lost weight and looks more explosive than ever, which is a great thing when combined with his 5'9 220 frame. If he can improve his vision and his tendency to fumble, he'll be a very productive player and could go in the first day. Minor will be the starting RB, but it will be a RBBC all throughout the year.

DraftKidWonder
05-10-2008, 09:01 AM
if you are a kid wonder, why are you asking this? should you not already know?

Even kid wonder's need the help of a wise, older teacher.

Plus I don't watch Michigan. I just know this kid's boss.

vatech=accdomination
05-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Whatever happened to the guy who went to WVU then left, I wanna say he was in the same class.

Sniper
05-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Whatever happened to the guy who went to WVU then left, I wanna say he was in the same class.

Jason Gwaltney????

BamaFalcon59
05-10-2008, 11:32 AM
5'10" 230 out of highschool, probably an exaggerated 4.5 40 yard dash time.

Big guy.

BamaFalcon59
05-10-2008, 11:33 AM
He backed up Mike Hart his freshman and sophomore years. No one got many carries besides Mike, so that explains his low amount of carries. He tore his ACL last year.

He's expected to start this year. Mind you, we're probably going to have like 5 RBs get significant carries (Brown, Grady, Minor, Horn, McGuffie???) so I don't know how many he will get. I hope he can be effective in between the tackles.

I checked your recruiting classes on Rivals and the number of top runningbacks you guys get is staggering.

Sniper
05-10-2008, 11:49 AM
I checked your recruiting classes on Rivals and the number of top runningbacks you guys get is staggering.

It's not bad. I wish it would translate to on-field success.

Let's see.

Since Rivals started in 2002.

'02 Darnell Hood 4* Moved to DB
'02 Pierre Rembert 4* Don't even recognize the name.
'03 Anton Campbell 3* Moved to DB. Lots of special teams, never played RB
'03 Jerome Jackson 4*. Meh. Had a couple carries I think, nothing good.
'04 Roger Allison 3* Don't even recognize the name
'04 Mike Hart 3* GREATEST RUNNING BACK IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL! Michigan's all-time leading rusher. Was an afterthought and expected to play DB
'04 Max Martin 4* Toiled around, got a couple carries, never went to class and subsequently transferred to Alabama
'05 Andre Criswell 2* FB/TE/H-Back type. Never has really played, never will.
'05 Kevin Grady 5*. We've discussed this. Still has one more year to produce. (Well, maybe two if last year counts as a redshirt)
'05 Mister Simpson. 3*. Buried on the depth chart and transferred to Cincinnatti I think.
'06 Carlos Brown 4*. Toiled around a bit, switched to DB, then back to RB once Grady tore his ACL. A fast mofo who played well last year, including a 25 carry game for 100+ yards against Illinois. Also had an 85 yard TD against Minnesota. SEC fast. Tailor-made for RR's offense, and could even see snaps at QB this year in addition to a lot of RB snaps. My next Michigan RB mancrush.
'06 Obi Ezeh. 3*. Moved to MLB last year and did a surprisingly decent job after Horror 1 and Horror 2. Likely going to start at SLB this year.
'06 Brandon Minor. 4*. Decent blend of power and speed. Hart's backup last year, and played alright. Fumbles some, but should have a good year this year. Lots of carries this year.
'07 Vince Helmuth. 3*. Fullback, and a good one.
'07 Avery Horn. 3*. Almost SEC fast. Could see some action at RB/PR/KR/slot WR this year. When Mike Hart, I mean, God, created the spread offense, he created the slot WR spot for guys like Avery Horn.

That's the guys so far. A pretty high bust rate but the future is looking up. We also signed 4 RBs this year, including the White Reggie Bush :)

art vandelay
05-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Andrey Baskin?