PDA

View Full Version : Florida S charged with using dead woman's credit card

Sniper
05-09-2008, 07:56 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=806250

You stay classy, Gainesville.

saintsfan912
05-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Simply pathetic. Wow, just wow. Get a ******* job you piece of garbage.

Nice stay classy line, gotta love Anchorman!

TigerBait45
05-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Don't worry Florida fans, Urbie will still let him play against LSU, Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee.

saintsfan912
05-09-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't remember who that guy was anyways. But yea, Urban will reinstate him for the important games. Such a douche.

Sniper
05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't remember who that guy was anyways. But yea, Urban will reinstate him for the important games. Such a douche.

Considering he's a third string safety and #1 is Major Wright, he isn't playing any time soon and will likely be actually off the team.

TigerBait45
05-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Is it too early to start a "Countdown to Probation" clock for Florida?

It has to be on the way eventually.

Sniper
05-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Is it too early to start a "Countdown to Probation" clock for Florida?

It has to be on the way eventually.

They should investigate Tebow for touching little boys' penises.

JagHombre22
05-10-2008, 09:07 AM
They should investigate Tebow for touching little boys' penises.

ah...the stay classy line works for everyone....

you stay classy SNIPER26...

Sniper
05-10-2008, 11:01 AM
ah...the stay classy line works for everyone....

you stay classy SNIPER26...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-tebow0508may05,0,7809432.story

How am I not being classy?

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Thats just sad.I dont get how people can actually do these things.

gangGREENinsider
05-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Don't worry Florida fans, Urbie will still let him play against LSU, Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee.

FYI, He's been kicked off the team. Obviously.

TigerBait45
05-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah I figured he would get the boot. I don't think Meyer had much of a choice here, really.

I just like to hate on him.

TitanHope
05-10-2008, 11:57 PM

Ahahahahahaha!!!

Who was it that Meyer did that for? Marcus Thomas the DT?

You know gas prices are getting too high when identity theft is being utilized for gas cards...

DragonFireKai
05-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Ahahahahahaha!!!

Who was it that Meyer did that for? Marcus Thomas the DT?

You know gas prices are getting too high when identity theft is being utilized for gas cards...

I thought it was Tony Joyner. I'm pretty sure Thomas got the boot.

djp
05-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Haha, I love Gator bashing!

TigerBait45
05-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Marcus Thomas got unsuspended to play against LSU a few years ago, then got kicked off the team a few weeks later.

Joiner too, now that I think about it..but he didn't get kicked off the team.

Damix
05-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I used to use a dead guys phone card before cell phones were popular.

Yea I was a bad ass 6th grader.

Byrd430
05-12-2008, 05:13 PM
IF I'm not mistaken:

Thomas got suspended for four games. He came back against LSU as scheduled, but it's not as if the games he was suspended for were walkthrough games. Then, he got kicked off the team before the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game.

Joiner was arrested and there was talk of a suspension. But the charges were dropped, and I don't think he ever served a suspension.

Now, this safety is being kicked off the team.

NCAA also investigated charges against Meyer for recruiting violations. Those charges were dropped also.

My thinking is all the negative media is making Florida look very bad, but things aren't as bad as they seem.

TitanHope
05-13-2008, 01:45 AM
A freshman lineman from Florida was just shot in the shoulder too.

Thomas got suspended for four games. He came back against LSU as scheduled, but it's not as if the games he was suspended for were walkthrough games. Then, he got kicked off the team before the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game.

I'd say they were. Florida always schedules cupcakes for their first game or two.

I'm not saying Meyer is a crooked coach, and I have no problem with showing kids grace. Fulmer has had his share of immature kids at UT, and has given them chances. It's just the handling of Joiner and Thomas, two players with character issues in the past, is a little suspicious. Suspending your best DT for 4 games that you can win without him, and allowing him to play whenever the schedule gets tougher is gonna look useless - Does Marcus Thomas want to play Western Kentucky or LSU? Kicking him off before the NC is the ballziest punishment Meyer has handed out. Kicking off the 3rd string safety doesn't take guts.

JagHombre22
05-13-2008, 03:04 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-tebow0508may05,0,7809432.story

How am I not being classy?

I was referring to the Tim Tebow/***** comment....

on the other hand....all this negative press is making Florida look bad, but they are only two years removed from a National Championship and I don't think Meyer will have any problems recruiting from any of this...but he is known as a disciplinarian and that reputation is taking a hit right now...but how do you control a kid stealing a dead girl's credit card(s) and a freshman lineman getting shot in Tampa?

Some things you have no control over...

DragonFireKai
05-13-2008, 05:46 AM
I was referring to the Tim Tebow/***** comment....

on the other hand....all this negative press is making Florida look bad, but they are only two years removed from a National Championship and I don't think Meyer will have any problems recruiting from any of this...but he is known as a disciplinarian and that reputation is taking a hit right now...but how do you control a kid stealing a dead girl's credit card(s) and a freshman lineman getting shot in Tampa?

Some things you have no control over...

Any time a player gets shot, it hurts recruiting. It doesn't matter that the coach had no control over it, hell, it's because the coach has no control over it that scares away some recruits. They wind up going to schools in less dangerous regions.