PDA

View Full Version : Alex Hall - 7th Round Pick of Browns

WinslowEdwards19
05-10-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this kid, he is a DE out of St. Augustine (Never heard of it) and I haven't even seen him on any lists. I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I don't really have any information on him at all.

Vikes99ej
05-10-2008, 10:49 AM
He'll probably be cut, so I wouldn't worry about it.

WinslowEdwards19
05-10-2008, 10:50 AM
You never know.. Phil's the man.. So we'll see

eliteeagle
05-10-2008, 11:31 AM
You never know.. Phil's the man.. So we'll see

if alex hall makes the team i will come to your house and bake u a cake

keylime_5
05-10-2008, 12:22 PM
practice squad developmental guy. He's only about 6-5/220 right now and needs to not only learn linebacker and our system but also needs to gain weight, get stronger, refine his pass rushing skills, and get accustomed to the speed of the NFL after playing in DIAA, II or III or whatever St.Augustine's is. Good athlete who will get his shot at making the team in 2009 probably, not 2008 (unless of course he tears up camp which seems like a longshot).

WinslowEdwards19
05-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Well, think of it this way, other then the fact that we have an insane amount of better talent then we did in 2005.

If Simon Fraser can make the active roster, why can't Alex Hall? Sure he's really raw, but maybe he will pan out sooner than later.

757Dawg
05-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Well, think of it this way, other then the fact that we have an insane amount of better talent then we did in 2005.

If Simon Fraser can make the active roster, why can't Alex Hall? Sure he's really raw, but maybe he will pan out sooner than later.

Because Simon Fraser made the squad as a UDFA in '05 when our roster was devoid of talent. Plus, Fraser had the physical attributes and experience playing at a high level college program. And speaking of "devoid of talent," you can use that phrase to describe our DL from '05-'07, which is why Fraser managed to stick around so long.

No comparison between the two whatsoever.

Our roster is now at the point where even later round picks will have to fight to make the roster. Raw, developmental players such as Alex Hall have an extremely small chance. If he impresses in the camps and preseason, he'll go to the Practice Squad this year. If not, then he'll just be cut outright.

Unbiased
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
He's no William Hayes.

irishbucks
05-12-2008, 02:55 PM
according to the browns website says he weight closer 240-245 then the 220. the 220 was from his college website. when the final roster cuts are made i think it will come down to him and david mcmillian.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/player.php?id=3551

WinslowEdwards19
05-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Because Simon Fraser made the squad as a UDFA in '05 when our roster was devoid of talent. Plus, Fraser had the physical attributes and experience playing at a high level college program. And speaking of "devoid of talent," you can use that phrase to describe our DL from '05-'07, which is why Fraser managed to stick around so long.

No comparison between the two whatsoever.

Our roster is now at the point where even later round picks will have to fight to make the roster. Raw, developmental players such as Alex Hall have an extremely small chance. If he impresses in the camps and preseason, he'll go to the Practice Squad this year. If not, then he'll just be cut outright.

The physical attributes? Right. He was one of the more unathletic people on our team.

What makes you think that his chance of making it is so much less then Chase Pittman or Melilla Purcell? Aren't they raw as well?

I know our roster is much more talented then before.. I stated this, but Simon Fraser is god awful.

Anyways, lets hope Hall does develop soon and contribute, so we can see why Savage was so excited about him.

BamaFalcon59
05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I know our roster is much more talented then before.. I stated this, but Simon Fraser is god awful.

Well, good thing the Falcons picked him up then. Haha.

WinslowEdwards19
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Well, good thing the Falcons picked him up then. Haha.

Haha, you'll see what I mean soon enough..

kalbears13
05-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Haha, you'll see what I mean soon enough..

How is he going to see it when he gets cut?

scar988
05-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Fraser was signed to compete for the #4 DE and #3 UT spot. so if he doesn't make the roster it's not really a loss.