PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Jenkins=fastest Greek

Freddy G
05-10-2008, 02:56 PM
So on wednesday OSU had its Greek week tug and track, in which Malcolm Jenkins competed in the 4X100 and the fastest greek (not fair lol) (60m dash)...as did i, so here is a couple notes.

He is definitely not 6'1 and if he is anything think over 6' i will be suprised as i am actually 6'2 and i definitely had more than an inch on him. Anyway, he is quite fast, he easily won (obviously) posting a time of 6.0s (i ran a 6.6 and got 2nd in my heat) and is a natural, very smooth athlete. Also he takes smaller strides which leads me to believe he probably has good change of direction. I haven't done any research on what track athletes run the 60 in so i am not sure how that stacks up, plus i doubt it is real accurate since it was just hand timed.

Now to make this thread useful, what is the general conscensus on this cat, is he a corner or safety? He would have supposedly been a top 10 pick this year, and looking at the corners next year (as of now) he should once again be the most highly rated.

Personally, i feel he is very similar to Antrel Rolle a couple years ago, except with actual cornerback speed.

CC.SD
05-10-2008, 02:59 PM
He will unquestionably play corner.

Addict
05-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Rolle + actual speed is a scary combo for a CB prospect

Mr.Regular
05-10-2008, 03:02 PM
He is a top 3 senior prospect in my opinion (Maulauga, Oher) and I believe almost everyone has him in their top 10. He's definately a corner at this point in time. With a good season and good offseason workouts he could become an elite prospect.

keylime_5
05-10-2008, 03:06 PM
He has jets and is big and physical. Some questions about his man to man coverage since Ohio State basically plays zone all the time, but they should be answered this year since I believe our corners will play a lot more man coverage this year than before. He could be a great safety, but teams will put him at corner b/c that is a far more valuable position and he can play it well.

LonghornsLegend
05-10-2008, 03:07 PM
He is going to get critiqued like no other, that's just what happens when you are a top 10 pick as a junior and return, he will have all eyes on him the entire year and probably get over-analyzed.

megansett56BC
05-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Jenkins should absolutely play corner, and I think he will be a very good one for a few years in the NFL. While I think it's unlikely that he won't have success as a CB, at least he'll be given a shot to move to FS if it ever comes to that.

As far as the 60m dash goes, 6.0 isn't elite but it's still good. Plus, I'd be kinda surprised if he ran all out at an event like that.

Lastly, I can't wait to see what Rolle does at FS... I liked him a lot coming out of college, and I'm about as far from being a U fan as you can be (it was nice to beat them this year... finally). Cardinals' secondary doesn't look too shabby on paper right now.

bendert58
05-10-2008, 03:43 PM
It seems like everyone is really high on him, but I'm sorry, every time I've watched him play he has gotten burned. Especially late in the year.

bored of education
05-10-2008, 04:48 PM
He will be a top 5 corner in 2 years.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm interested to see what happens when Ohio State runs a little more man coverage and when other Big Ten teams try and challenge him a bit more. Teams really stayed away from him last season because he played the ball so well, but I'm not sure I saw the close coverage ability to warrant him getting thrown at as little as he was.

At any rate, the ability is certainly there, but I still think he may project a bit better to free safety.

Sniper
05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
He has jets and is big and physical. Some questions about his man to man coverage since Ohio State basically plays zone all the time, but they should be answered this year since I believe our corners will play a lot more man coverage this year than before. He could be a great safety, but teams will put him at corner b/c that is a far more valuable position and he can play it well.

Why does OSU play so much zone? More importantly, if said zone is being shredded, why do they refuse to man up?

Anyways, Jenkins is the #1 CB as of right now but he has some competition for sure.

foozball
05-10-2008, 05:04 PM
6.0 is blazing and seems very inaccurate IMO.

trindon holliday ran a 6.60 60 meter dash in february...so i guess you could be one of the fastest guys in college foozball.

world record 60m dash....6.39 by olympic champ mo green

thetedginnshow
05-10-2008, 05:58 PM
He said it was hand timed and thus not completely accurate.

TheIncredibleDraftDude
05-10-2008, 06:23 PM
at 6'3 - 195 lbs i have been clocked at 6.13 (digitally timed) at my college

foozball
05-10-2008, 06:27 PM
He said it was hand timed and thus not completely accurate.

yea....but 6.0? thats more than just inaccurate...its inhuman

foozball
05-10-2008, 06:28 PM

just like jordy nelson right?

trekindude
05-10-2008, 06:50 PM

So you're faster than a roided up Mo Green. Right. Also, that hand timing of Jenkins must have been bad to have timed him at 6.0 dead. :p

SMoore
05-10-2008, 09:32 PM
well i think the bigger question is who is the better corner, jenkins or vontae davis?

i really like davis, a little bit better than jenkins...i don't know who will go first come draft time but i wouldn't mind having either

back onto jenkins tho, what scheme fits him best, assuming he plays corner?

BroadwayJoe10
05-10-2008, 10:35 PM
well i think the bigger question is who is the better corner, jenkins or vontae davis?

i really like davis, a little bit better than jenkins...i don't know who will go first come draft time but i wouldn't mind having either

back onto jenkins tho, what scheme fits him best, assuming he plays corner?

I prefer davis as well. I love his man ability and just think he has a higher ceiling.

little sidenot... one of my good friends is going to be working for vtech this year as the football teams head AT organizer, so hopefully i'll be able to get some information on him for everyone.

nobodyinparticular
05-11-2008, 04:45 AM
In other news, Al Davis reportedly sent a legion of scouts to the event.

PACKmanN
05-11-2008, 04:48 AM
In other news, Al Davis reportedly sent a legion of scouts to the event.

in preparation of another losing season?

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
05-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Here's the official iaaf link for world records for 60 meters:

http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/records/inout=I/discType=0/disc=60/detail.html

Maurice Greene - 6.39

nhlkdog411
05-11-2008, 12:05 PM
did a guy posting on these boards really just say he ran a faster 60 meter dash time than the world record? im thinking you're looking for the 60 YARD dash pal.

T.Smith
05-11-2008, 12:41 PM
If you watch Malcolm Jenkins on film, you know that in man to man he never gets the ball thrown to him. He could go games without being thrown to for the last 2 years.

When the ball has been thrown to him in man, this has been the result
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYw5mACijMA
If you can remember that same thing happened in the NC game as well.

He has done what Nnamdi Asomugha has done in the NFL this past year the past 2 seasons.

Vikes99ej
05-11-2008, 01:04 PM
did a guy posting on these boards really just say he ran a faster 60 meter dash time than the world record? im thinking you're looking for the 60 YARD dash pal.

Everything IncredibleDraftDude says is true. Listen to him.

nhlkdog411
05-11-2008, 01:11 PM
haha yeah i didnt notice it was IDD until you said it..that explains a lot, course it still doesn't explain the ridiculous reportings of 6.0 and 6.6 60 meter dash times..jenkins is inhuman and the poster's is in all likelihood WAY faster than it really would be over 60 meters..6.6 isnt even a bad time for the 55 let alone the 60.

Solomon
05-11-2008, 08:38 PM
haha yeah i didnt notice it was IDD until you said it..that explains a lot, course it still doesn't explain the ridiculous reportings of 6.0 and 6.6 60 meter dash times..jenkins is inhuman and the poster's is in all likelihood WAY faster than it really would be over 60 meters..6.6 isnt even a bad time for the 55 let alone the 60.

You're right, 6.6 is a very, very good time. When I was on my university's track team (one of the better ones in Eastern Canada) I was running in the 6.9s. For the record my school never did a 40 yard dash for the Fball team so I'm not sure what that translates over to in the 40.

sodar21
05-11-2008, 08:52 PM

Seriously it was an informal run for some charitable event. I doubt they put much effort into timing it. This isn't something to get hung up on.

nhlkdog411
05-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Seriously it was an informal run for some charitable event. I doubt they put much effort into timing it. This isn't something to get hung up on.

maybe you should read the whole thread and see i was responding to IDD and not the thread starter

CC.SD
05-12-2008, 02:13 AM
I absolutely believe that IDD holds the world record 60 yard dash.

MetSox17
05-12-2008, 02:56 AM
IDD lives in a world in which you can go to "Rosters" click "Edit build" and "Edit Ratings" and change your players however you wish, and have them be 99 ovr.

Also, he's faster than world record holders. It's just unfathomable that he has negative reputation.

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
05-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I absolutely believe that IDD holds the world record 60 yard dash.

He claimed to run 6.13 but didn't say the distance -- most likely a 6.13 forty!

SimonRath
05-12-2008, 10:22 AM

sure you have

Damix
05-12-2008, 10:47 AM
sure you have

He has, I saw it. It was in the 40 though.

A Perfect Score
05-12-2008, 11:27 AM
several things...

Malcolm Jenkins would have been a top 10 this year had he come out. Barring a terrible senior season, i think he has teh same sort of leverage for next year.

and IDD is a noob. the guy just posts garbage on here all the time...im surprised he hasnt been banned yet. So IDD, you invented the quadriple team and are teh world record holder for the 60...yes sir, thats IDD for you

Twister18
05-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I think Jenkins is the best CB coming out as a senior in the 2009 draft, that is until Vontae Davis declares. Sorry, I am being a homer.

thebow305
05-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna be all over this boy's jock this season. Absolutely love him as a prospect. He is a true shutdown corner prospect, who would have been the first corner off the board in the '08 draft.

tressel=god
05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
It seems like everyone is really high on him, but I'm sorry, every time I've watched him play he has gotten burned. Especially late in the year.

this is because he takes alot of risks which leave him wide open. though you cant question his speed or ability as a corner back.

Sniper
05-12-2008, 04:03 PM
this is because he takes alot of risks which leave him wide open. though you cant question his speed or ability as a corner back.

Well he pretty much just did question his ability at corner.

Malcolm tends to be a little inconsistent, but I think he's a fine CB. I prefer him at CB over S, and I think Ohio State needs to stop playing so much zone defense. They have the horses to go man to man, why not do so?

tressel=god
05-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Well he pretty much just did question his ability at corner.

Malcolm tends to be a little inconsistent, but I think he's a fine CB. I prefer him at CB over S, and I think Ohio State needs to stop playing so much zone defense. They have the horses to go man to man, why not do so?

I agree, we have possibly the top CB in the nation right now, its time to stop playing it safe. Hey maybe if we do we wouldnt be getting creamed by SEC receivers!

tressel=god
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
and IDD is a noob. the guy just posts garbage on here all the time...im surprised he hasnt been banned yet. So IDD, you invented the quadriple team and are teh world record holder for the 60...yes sir, thats IDD for you

you havnt seen the Quad team because it hasnt been called for yet lmao

Unbiased
05-12-2008, 07:55 PM

Add 100 lbs and you'd be a dominant DT, drawing quadriple teams.

Sniper
05-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Add 100 lbs and you'd be a dominant DT, drawing quadriple teams.

I think if you made Jenkins put on like 120 pounds he could make DOMINANT nose tackle. Great leverage.

The Legend
05-13-2008, 06:37 PM
lol i personally dont think hes over 6'0 also im guessing 5'11'4

FootballGod
05-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Nothing more needs to be said. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_islQ52F3Qs&feature=related