PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp/League Store

neko4
05-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Coaches have 15 points they may distribute.
If the player is 20-25 he may recieve no more than 3 points
If he is 26-29 he may recieve no more than 2 points
If he is 30-31 he may recieve no more than 1 point
90+ Players may only recieve 1 point regardless of age
Once a player hits 32 it is all downhill from there
Players will also have some natural development early on. Some players natural development is bigger than others
Players coming off injury or are 32 years or older will lose points, some drastically. It is also based on position, with RB's losing the most. You may also ask a few players to gain/lose weight, which can have a minor effect.
Rookies may not hit 90 or above

ALSO! NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO REQUEST POSITION CHANGES!

Now, what happens if a player goes from a 79 to an 80, 89 to 90, etc, etc. He will have to be resigned the next season, think of it as him holding out because he has gotten better.

LEAGUE STORE COMING SOON

BeerBaron
05-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Gamblers Position Changes:

OT Barry Kevins (32 years old, 85 overall) is going to move inside with the addition of Atlas Dane. He will compete for the starting RG spot with Roy Wells (27 years old, 81 overall). Kevins will also remain the main backup OT whether he wins the job or not, so if one of the starters is hurt, he will move back outside if hes starting at RG.

Temporary/Situational Changes:

DE Jared Jenkins (23 years old, 80 overall) will start at one of teh 43 OLB positions. The reasoning behind this is because he is very athletic and it will allow for us to have our best players all on the field in the front 7. As part of a rotation, he can move up to put his hand down in as an end and give Darryl Diggs or Corey Thompson a breather. Also, either Jumaane Kweku or Frank Stein can rotate out and Corey Thompson can slide in since hes a big fella too. OLB Jason Widener will move back in to OLB when Jenkins rotates around.

Furthermore, on passing situations (either nickel or dime), Jenkins will move up and Thompson will slide inside to get our best 4 pass rushers on the field at once (Diggs, Kweku, Thompson, and Jenkins)

Both Jenkins and Thompson will be listed as DE's but they will each rotate around quite a bit depending on the situation or who needs subbed out for a breather.

Coaching Points:

QB Joe Marino +2 (73 -> 75) Age: 23 Years Left On Deal: 2
- Learning a lot from behind long time veteran Toby Williams. Getting lots of reps with the second team and learning everything he can from offensive guru Dr. van Hammond.

WR Keith Hampton +2 (78 -> 80) Age: 24 Years Left On Deal: 1
- Getting all kinds of work with the coaching staff. Huge frame with great speed and just needs some real experience to reach his huge upside.

LT Atlas Dane +3 (83 -> 86) Age: 22 Years Left On Deal: 5
- Getting lots of reps as a LT. Always in the film room adding more brains to his already fantastic brawn. Working on his footwork and quickness. Looking like a franchise LT already.

DE Jared Jenkins +2 (80 -> 82) Age: 23 Years Left On Deal: 5
- Getting work at OLB and DE which means a lot to learn. He's athletic enough to do it though and the coaching staff is working hard on him. Also seems to be taking in everything he can learn from stud veteran Darryl Diggs.

DE Cory Thompson +1 (80 -> 81) Age: 24 Years Left On Deal: 4
- Working at both DE and DT. Big guy with good versatility who is getting a lot of attention from the coaching staff. Learning a lot from playing with stud DT Jumaane Kweku and possible future HoFer Frank Stein.

MLB Vinny Bodafuco +3 (83 -> 86) Age: 25 Years Left On Deal: 5
- Has to be the field general for this defense. Not the most imposing physical specimen but the former Scarlet Knight is impressing the staff with his brains. Will probably be able to call all of the defensive schemes himself after they get through working with him.

SS Jim Flacco +2 (87 -> 89) Age: 25 Years Left On Deal: 5
- Really going at it during camp. He's already got the look down as a huge, bone-busting safety and the staff is working hard with him to add the brains to the package. A good year and we may be calling him "elite."

scottyboy
05-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Hawaii will send their 15 points in later, like tomorrow or Monday...

Hawaii position changes:

DE/OLB Jamaal Umenyiora moving full time to stand up OLB(82 rating currently)

OLB Micah Clowe switching inside to MLB(82 currently)

*note- FA signee Jermaine Falls wasn't listed as a FS or SS when a FA, so I've put him at FS.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm going to kick OT Chandler Bryant (88) inside.. this way Ronald Weasley can play OT. He is 30, so it is time to get the young guns out there. I will do my 15 points tomorrow probably.

neko4
05-10-2008, 09:30 PM

OT Barry Kevins (32 years old, 85 overall) is going to move inside with the addition of Atlas Dane. He will compete for the starting RG spot with Roy Wells (27 years old, 81 overall). Kevins will also remain the main backup OT whether he wins the job or not, so if one of the starters is hurt, he will move back outside if hes starting at RG.

btw neko, when do you want who we're giving our 15 points to?

By Wednesday

ATLDirtyBirds
05-10-2008, 09:31 PM
*note- FA signee Jermaine Falls wasn't listed as a FS or SS when a FA, so I've put him at FS.

Neko, just so you know.. I did that with the intentions that he could play either one.

neko4
05-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Hawaii will send their 15 points in later, like tomorrow or Monday...

Hawaii position changes:

DE/OLB Jamaal Umenyiora moving full time to stand up OLB(82 rating currently)

OLB Micah Clowe switching inside to MLB(82 currently)

Are you a 3-4?

scottyboy
05-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Neko, just so you know.. I did that with the intentions that he could play either one.

ok, I was just making sure. Just mentioning it to be safe, but I was pretty sure that's why you did it.

Are you a 3-4?

4-3, but just remember, Brian Rice coached Jamaal and Jamaal dropped back in coverage quite a bit back at God's College

neko4
05-10-2008, 09:41 PM
For the most part, changes from FS-SS, and OT-OG wont change ratings. Unless you have a Roy Williams type guy at SS and try to make him play FS

BeerBaron
05-10-2008, 09:44 PM
By Wednesday

i added some more to mine above....

also, is there any way we can learn the 'natural progression' you talked about before we hand out our coaches points?

I would see it as maybe giving additional coaching to the guys not progressing as much, ya know? Your call though...just an idea, let me know

edit: furthermore, i assume the practice squad guys will progress too right?

ATLDirtyBirds
05-10-2008, 09:50 PM
A suggestion of mine... I'd make a limit on how many points the 90+ players can get. Maybe like 5 of the 15 can go to them. This is mainly for the rookies to get better, and if you are a stud.. chances are training camp isn't making you much better.

BeerBaron
05-10-2008, 09:51 PM
A suggestion of mine... I'd make a limit on how many points the 90+ players can get. Maybe like 5 of the 15 can go to them. This is mainly for the rookies to get better, and if you are a stud.. chances are training camp isn't making you much better.

true that. i probably wasnt going to worry about my 90+ guys anyway....like you said, TC doesnt usually do much for team's studs

ATLDirtyBirds
05-10-2008, 09:55 PM
true that. i probably wasnt going to worry about my 90+ guys anyway....like you said, TC doesnt usually do much for team's studs

I was just thinking about it, and I didn't want people adding just about all of their points to the studs negleting the rookies. I mean this is rookie realism and all, but you don't want them to be left completely in the dust. As a matter of fact, a couple stars could very well emerge this year.

neko4
05-10-2008, 09:58 PM
NEW RULE ABOVE

good idea

it struck my mind once, but i mustve forgot

ATLDirtyBirds
05-10-2008, 09:58 PM
NEW RULE ABOVE

good idea

it struck my mind once, but i mustve forgot

Just add it to the first post so everyone knows.

BeerBaron
05-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I was just thinking about it, and I didn't want people adding just about all of their points to the studs negleting the rookies. I mean this is rookie realism and all, but you don't want them to be left completely in the dust. As a matter of fact, a couple stars could very well emerge this year.

very true, i mean some of the top rookies were in the mid 80's iirc. 3 coaches points to them, plus a few natural progression, plus a season worth of exp and we could have some 90+ guys in 1 year.

and thats not too unrealistic. good example: what do you think adrian peterson's madden overall will be this year? i gurantee 90+. same goes for joe thomas.

and derek anderson too. he wasnt a rookie but i bet he jumps from mid-70s last year to 90+ this year

ATLDirtyBirds
05-10-2008, 10:04 PM
very true, i mean some of the top rookies were in the mid 80's iirc. 3 coaches points to them, plus a few natural progression, plus a season worth of exp and we could have some 90+ guys in 1 year.

and thats not too unrealistic. good example: what do you think adrian peterson's madden overall will be this year? i gurantee 90+. same goes for joe thomas.

and derek anderson too. he wasnt a rookie but i bet he jumps from mid-70s last year to 90+ this year

Yeah, it's pretty realistic, with a slight twist though. You have to do this though, because it is geared to the players and we only have 10 teams which is a better opening to be one of the best. Basically, if you stay active, and the coach helps you out some here... I don't see why you wouldn't be atleast a good player.

BeerBaron
05-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, it's pretty realistic, with a slight twist though. You have to do this though, because it is geared to the players and we only have 10 teams which is a better opening to be one of the best. Basically, if you stay active, and the coach helps you out some here... I don't see why you wouldn't be atleast a good player.

yeah, though i think there should still be some positions that are a little harder to develop. QB is a good example i think. All the training camp reps in the world won't help if you have no in game experience. compare that to RB where you routinely see rookies perform well, but idk.

its a good system overall methinks

neko4
05-10-2008, 10:16 PM
RB's will have the highest natural proggersion, but will also lose the most once they hit 32, and most wont gain any once they hit 28. Possibly lose a few points before they hit 32

BeerBaron
05-10-2008, 10:21 PM
RB's will have the highest natural proggersion, but will also lose the most once they hit 32, and most wont gain any once they hit 28. Possibly lose a few points before they hit 32

prolly could go a little by how much they get used, keep like a 'carry count' or something, idk. theres always a few tiki barber types that dont get carries early on and do better when theyre older.

but anyway, do you think we can see what the natural progression is before we assign coach points? theres guys i want to bump but id like to see how well they do on their own....id rather save my points for guys who don't progress as well

neko4
05-10-2008, 10:56 PM
no, i was gonna do it after

BeerBaron
05-10-2008, 11:24 PM
no, i was gonna do it after

but....but...meh! screw you guys, im going home!

seriousness: eh, ok. i suppose you can make a case for it that why by saying the coaches are going to focus on certain guys throughout camp, yanno?

adschofield
05-11-2008, 12:35 AM
LA will move Jimmy Thompson from OLB to ILB (3-4)

BeerBaron
05-11-2008, 12:56 AM
figured i'd be the first to give the coaching points a go since im not up to much else tonight...

let me know if theres a problem with it, i added it to my earlier post

also! question: Older players aren't going to lose during camp are they? that seems backwards...youd think theyd lose as they age during the offseason with their body not bouncing back as well or something...

i just kind of think it would be ****** if the guys lose from the overall they had to start at least this time.

fenikz
05-11-2008, 01:31 AM
New Orleans Jazz

Training Camp
QB Jack Utah 84 to 86
RB Darren McKenzie 85 to 88
RB Red Buttkiss 80 to 83
LB Seth Hawking 83 to 86
CB Talib Shakur 93 to 94
SS Michael Lanier 77 to 80

Position Changes
Anthony Harrell from SS to FS

ATLDirtyBirds
05-11-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm going to kick OT Chandler Bryant (88) inside.. this way Ronald Weasley can play OT. He is 30, so it is time to get the young guns out there. I will do my 15 points tomorrow probably.

My FS Josh Milloy is a big dude. He is 6'3 and 212 so I would like to move him to SS. My #3 CB Quentin Pryor is 5'10 210. He's extremely fast and a ballhawk, but not real physical. I'd like to try him out a "center-field" type FS. We are going to see how that works out. If it doesn't work, everyone will return to normal.

Point Changes

HB Mo Rice-Washington (Age 24) +3....... ....... 88-91
OT Ronald Weasley (Age 23) +3........... ... 84-87
DT Calvin Cazayoux (Age 22) +3 ............. 81-84
CB/FS Quentin Pryor (Age 23) +3 ............. 83-86
QB Kareem King (Age 27) +1 ............. 93-94
CB Ali Kweli (Age 23) +1 .............95-96
OLB Marlon Hill (Age 25) +1 ............ 95-96

neko4
05-11-2008, 08:31 AM
From now on, no more discussion in this thread

scottyboy
05-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Hawaii's 15 points:

Jamaal Umenyiora +3= 85
Micah Clowe+ 3= 85
Thomas Sheppard(TE) +2= 82
Dusty Cocheo(DT) +2= 83
Tony Butler(OG)+2= 86
Melvin Maze+1= 94
Jermaine Falls(S)+2= 89

neko4
05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
New York:
Trey Blackmon +3
Kevin Malone +3
Jesus Sanchez +3
Corey Louis +2
Joseph Resuac +2
Jason Powell +1
Ron Chang +1

I'll be back later

Also new rule, rookies may not hit 90 or above

Hines
05-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Point Changes:
QB Casey Dick 83 to 86
RB Orlando Millstone 92 to 93
DE Deandre Townsend 75 to 78
LB Wayne Walker 79 to 81
OLB Antwon Lawson 95 to 97
CB Seth Harris 79 to 82
FS Ryan Minister 85 to 87

neko4
05-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Point Changes:
QB Casey Dick 83 to 86
RB Orlando Millstone 92 to 93
DE Deandre Townsend 75 to 78
LB Wayne Walker 79 to 81
OLB Antwon Lawson 95 to 97
CB Seth Harris 79 to 82
FS Ryan Minister 85 to 87
90+ Players may only recieve 1 point regardless of age
mistake above

Hines
05-11-2008, 05:39 PM
mistake above

Oh then give one to him then to make him a 96. Give the other one to Snipes to make him a 95.

neko4
05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh then give one to him then to make him a 96. Give the other one to Snipes to make him a 95.
and its cox, not dicks
lol

Hines
05-11-2008, 05:43 PM
and its cox, not dicks
lol

Whatever, same thing.

neko4
05-11-2008, 05:46 PM
My FS Josh Milloy is a big dude. He is 6'3 and 212 so I would like to move him to SS. My #3 CB Quentin Pryor is 5'10 210. He's extremely fast and a ballhawk, but not real physical. I'd like to try him out a "center-field" type FS. We are going to see how that works out. If it doesn't work, everyone will return to normal.

Point Changes

HB Mo Rice-Washington (Age 24) +3....... ....... 88-91
OT Ronald Weasley (Age 23) +3........... ... 84-87
DT Calvin Cazayoux (Age 22) +3 ............. 81-84
CB/FS Quentin Pryor (Age 23) +3 ............. 83-86
QB Kareem King (Age 27) +1 ............. 93-94
CB Ali Kweli (Age 23) +1 .............95-96
OLB Marlon Hill (Age 25) +1 ............ 95-96

Milloy gets +1

neko4
05-11-2008, 05:50 PM
New Orleans Jazz

Training Camp
QB Jack Utah 84 to 86
RB Darren McKenzie 85 to 88
RB Red Buttkiss 80 to 83
LB Seth Hawking 83 to 86
CB Talib Shakur 93 to 94
SS Michael Lanier 77 to 80

Position Changes
Anthony Harrell from SS to FS
Harrell gets -1

neko4
05-11-2008, 05:58 PM

Temporary/Situational Changes:

DE Jared Jenkins (23 years old, 80 overall) will start at one of teh 43 OLB positions. The reasoning behind this is because he is very athletic and it will allow for us to have our best players all on the field in the front 7. As part of a rotation, he can move up to put his hand down in as an end and give Darryl Diggs or Corey Thompson a breather. Also, either Jumaane Kweku or Frank Stein can rotate out and Corey Thompson can slide in since hes a big fella too. OLB Jason Widener will move back in to OLB when Jenkins rotates around.

Furthermore, on passing situations (either nickel or dime), Jenkins will move up and Thompson will slide inside to get our best 4 pass rushers on the field at once (Diggs, Kweku, Thompson, and Jenkins)

Both Jenkins and Thompson will be listed as DE's but they will each rotate around quite a bit depending on the situation or who needs subbed out for a breather.

Coaching Points:

QB Joe Marino +2 (73 -> 75) Age: 23 Years Left On Deal: 2
- Learning a lot from behind long time veteran Toby Williams. Getting lots of reps with the second team and learning everything he can from offensive guru Dr. van Hammond.

WR Keith Hampton +2 (78 -> 80) Age: 24 Years Left On Deal: 1
- Getting all kinds of work with the coaching staff. Huge frame with great speed and just needs some real experience to reach his huge upside.

LT Atlas Dane +3 (83 -> 86) Age: 22 Years Left On Deal: 5
- Getting lots of reps as a LT. Always in the film room adding more brains to his already fantastic brawn. Working on his footwork and quickness. Looking like a franchise LT already.

DE Jared Jenkins +2 (80 -> 82) Age: 23 Years Left On Deal: 5
- Getting work at OLB and DE which means a lot to learn. He's athletic enough to do it though and the coaching staff is working hard on him. Also seems to be taking in everything he can learn from stud veteran Darryl Diggs.

DE Cory Thompson +1 (80 -> 81) Age: 24 Years Left On Deal: 4
- Working at both DE and DT. Big guy with good versatility who is getting a lot of attention from the coaching staff. Learning a lot from playing with stud DT Jumaane Kweku and possible future HoFer Frank Stein.

MLB Vinny Bodafuco +3 (83 -> 86) Age: 25 Years Left On Deal: 5
- Has to be the field general for this defense. Not the most imposing physical specimen but the former Scarlet Knight is impressing the staff with his brains. Will probably be able to call all of the defensive schemes himself after they get through working with him.

SS Jim Flacco +2 (87 -> 89) Age: 25 Years Left On Deal: 5
- Really going at it during camp. He's already got the look down as a huge, bone-busting safety and the staff is working hard with him to add the brains to the package. A good year and we may be calling him "elite."
Jared Jenkins gets -1 (81)

neko4
05-11-2008, 06:03 PM
LA will move Jimmy Thompson from OLB to ILB (3-4)
Thompson gets +1

OSUGiants17
05-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Chicago Grizzleys

Training Camp
RB Leopold Charmichael 83 to 86
WR Reggie Moss 85 to 87
QB David Pine 94 to 95
FS Cecil Dayne 83 to 85
OLB Marcus Smalls 81 to 83
DE Mel Turner 80 to 82
FS Kenny Mayweather 82 to 85

Position Changes
DE/OLB Curtis Long is now a full time OLB unless a DE gets hurt in which case he will be the starting DE.

Tampa 2 4 life
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Training Camp:
Nate Strozier - 80 to 83
Alex Mcdonald - 80 to 83
Adrien Taylor - 79 to 82
Josh Nash - 86 to 88
Jamal Durant - 76 to 79
John Portis - 83 to 84

Pos. Changes:
None

adschofield
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Crail Johnson from 79 to 82
Rocky O'Callagahan from 84 to 87
Jimmy Thompson from 80 to 83
Kent Merlin 87 to 89
Lane Barker 88 t0 90
Kev Haley 88 to 90

neko4
05-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Joe Jackson from 74 to 77
Jan Itor from 65 to 68
jimmy thompson is an 82 (79 to begin with)

neko4
05-12-2008, 06:56 PM
After realizing how quick its taking guys to get to 90, im going to do away with the league store, sponserships and the like

Originally i was doing it to make money mean something, but now i realize many players will hit 90+ by the 2nd year

UKfan
05-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Philly TC results!
MLB Samuel Carr: 82 -> 85
WR Tall Carmichael 85 -> 87
DT Jaquaan Coles 93 -> 94
OG Ike Spitzer 77 -> 80
FS Orrin Jordan 87 -> 90
HB Chief Jones 86 -> 88
TE Shannon Hilliard 80 -> 81

adschofield
05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Kent Merlin 87 to 89
Lane Barker 88 t0 90
Kev Haley 88 to 90

Edited original post

neko4
05-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Edited original post

jimmy thompson is an 82 (79 to begin with)

Once again
Philly TC results!
DT Jaquaan Coles 93 -> 94
OG Ike Spitzer 77 -> 80
FS Orrin Jordan 87 -> 90
HB Chief Jones 86 -> 88
COles was a 94, so now he is a 95

Rookies cannot hit 90, please read all guildlines

adschofield
05-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Once again

COles was a 94, so now he is a 95

Rookies cannot hit 90, please read all guildlines

He was drafted as a 79, but his overall was raised by 1 b/c I switched positions...Also, take note that I change the players who got points

UKfan
05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Philly TC results!
DT Jaquaan Coles 94 -> 95
OG Ike Spitzer 77 -> 80
FS Orrin Jordan 87 -> 89
HB Chief Jones 86 -> 88
DE Chris Campbell 87 - 88

Hope that is ok.

neko4
05-13-2008, 04:11 PM
He was drafted as a 79, but his overall was raised by 1 b/c I switched positions...Also, take note that I change the players who got points
Oh thats right, my bad!
Do you have his contract numbers? Or did i auto sign him?

I did

adschofield
05-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh thats right, my bad!
Do you have his contract numbers? Or did i auto sign him?

I did

Yeah I sent it to you, it was 3 year/3 million

neko4
05-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Training Camp:
Nate Strozier - 80 to 83
Alex Mcdonald - 80 to 83
Adrien Taylor - 79 to 82
Josh Nash - 86 to 88
Jamal Durant - 76 to 79
John Portis - 83 to 84

Pos. Changes:
None

could i get salary numbers for those players

neko4
05-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah I sent it to you, it was 3 year/3 million
okay, tjats what i thought it was

Hines
05-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I am moving Daddy Thomas 80 overall from 34 de to 34 dt. Yes I know he is undersized for a NT but I need a good guy there.

neko4
05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I am moving Daddy Thomas 80 overall from 34 de to 34 dt. Yes I know he is undersized for a NT but I need a good guy there.
Are you sure he's on your team, did you make a deal with Miami, i didnt hear about?

Hines
05-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Are you sure he's on your team, did you make a deal with Miami, i didnt hear about?

Check the News thread.

neko4
05-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Check the News thread.
thank you...

neko4
05-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Daddy Thomas -2 (78)

UKfan
05-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Philly TC results!