PDA

View Full Version : 5 Recruits...

Sniper
05-11-2008, 09:58 PM
If you could pick any five recruits to commit to your school (other than those who are already committed), who would they be?

For Michigan...

DE Devon Kennard
LB Vontaze Burfict
S Craig Loston
WR Marlon Brown
OT Morgan Moses.

Logic...We need DEs and OTs badly, so that's where Kennard and Moses come from. Burfict is a stud MLB who can absolutely kill LBs. Loston should be in the running for #1 overall prospect. Great range, speed, and hitting ability. And Marlon Brown is a superb fit for Michigan's offense. A great YAC guy.

TigerBait45
05-11-2008, 10:03 PM
DE- Devon Kennard
DT- JaMarkus McFarland
S- Craig Loston
LB- Vontaze Burfict
WR- Andre DeBose

The only reasoning I have here is that they're all incredible players. Burfict would fill a huge need for us (we need linebackers badly), but thats really the only "need" pick I'd have.

I love Andre DeBose..very explosive guy and hes a really fluid athlete. I've got Reuben Randle ahead of him on my list but I really feel like DeBose is a bigger longshot so I put him.

Hwoarang
05-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Great topic man. For this class no?

Either way mine are, for LSU.

Jamarkus McFarland-DT
Rueben Randle-WR
Chris Davenport-DT
Craig Loston-S
John Martinez-OL

kwilk103
05-11-2008, 10:07 PM
ot morgan moses
lb jarod askew
lb jelani jenkins
cb/s corey brown
rb tavon austin

if we could get moses and askew that would be awesome

we already have a great qb (boyd), wr (heastie, long, mcdaniel whos transferring and is gonna sit out this year), rb (porzel), lb (vakahali, busick), and the perfect dt for our scheme (davenport)

just need a beast tackle to protect boyd

TigerBait45
05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Martinez would be nice.

Hwoarang
05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
BTW Sniper i figured you guys would want a dual threat QB?

Sniper
05-11-2008, 10:10 PM
BTW Sniper i figured you guys would want a dual threat QB?

We have 2 committed already. Kevin Newsome (4*Rivals/5*Scout) and Shavodrick Beaver (3*Rivals/4*Scout)

Hwoarang
05-11-2008, 10:15 PM
We have 2 committed already. Kevin Newsome (4*Rivals/5*Scout) and Shavodrick Beaver (3*Rivals/4*Scout)Ahh ok, I asked because Kevin Newsome is listed as a pro style QB. IDK I guess I thought Russell Sheppard would have been on the top of your list.

kwilk103
05-11-2008, 10:19 PM
newsome did not look that great in the elite 11 video i saw

504 to ATL
05-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Great topic man. For this class no?

Either way mine are, for LSU.

Jamarkus McFarland-DT
Rueben Randle-WR
Chris Davenport-DT
Craig Loston-S
John Martinez-OL

those guys may all commit to the Tigers anyway. The tigers lead for everyone but Loston, and most people think he will eventually back out of his commitment.

RedLionAle
05-12-2008, 02:43 AM
For Ohio State...

1. Jaamal Berry
2. Marlon Brown
3. Carlos Hyde
4. Corey Adams
5. Jelani Jenkins

Hyde and Berry would definitely help with RB depth with both Wells leaving after this year, Adams is a great player and it's always good to have another body to plug into the DL rotation, and Brown and Jenkins are just fantastic players who've shown some interest in tOSU.

Axl Rose
05-12-2008, 04:04 AM
ND

-Xavier Nixon
-Eric Shrive
-Manti Te'o
-Craig Roh
-Chris Watt

Sniper
05-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Ahh ok, I asked because Kevin Newsome is listed as a pro style QB. IDK I guess I thought Russell Sheppard would have been on the top of your list.

He was, but he's an LSU commit.

Joeyjr09
05-12-2008, 07:40 AM
For Miami:

Ruben Randle, WR
Nick Alajajian, OL
Orson Charles, TE
Gabe Lynn, CB
Xavier Nixon, OL

Hines
05-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Jelani Jenkins, Russel Sheppard, Dre Kirkpatrick, JaMarkus McFarland, Craig Loston.

P-L
05-12-2008, 01:52 PM
newsome did not look that great in the elite 11 video i saw
He has a sore arm, so I wouldn't put too much stock into his "average" performance.

Hmmm... Five guys for Michigan? I'll just do uncommitted guys.

OT Xavier Nixon
OG Chris Watt
DE Devon Kennard
LB Jelani Jenkins
S Devonte Holloman

kwilk103
05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
idk, every where i read said he wasnt accurate, and could switch positions at the next level

Joeyjr09
05-12-2008, 02:53 PM
idk, every where i read said he wasnt accurate, and could switch positions at the next level

If he were on your team, youd be doing backflips about having him and would probably be touting him in this top 5 list. He is one of the 5 best QB recruits in this class. He'll be fine.

Sniper
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
If he were on your team, youd be doing backflips about having him and would probably be touting him in this top 5 list. He is one of the 5 best QB recruits in this class. He'll be fine.

Yeah I don't take anything kwilk says about Michigan seriously.

P-L
05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
The whole Newsome moving positions was from ESPN. Tom Hauck said that if Newsome and Dorian Bell stood next to each other, you'd think that Newsome is the linebacker and not Bell.

Gchu83
05-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Texas:

JaMarcus McFarland
Devon Kennard
Dre Kirkpatrick
Russell Shepherd
Trent Richardson

kwilk103
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM

i think we got the better qb in boyd

prob goin to elite 11 and 70% completion

and the wr at the camp and the psu guy that covered the event felt boyd was the best and should have been the mvp

anyways, boyd was our coaches #1 qb and overall prospect on our recruiting board

TigerBait45
05-12-2008, 04:17 PM
those guys may all commit to the Tigers anyway. The tigers lead for everyone but Loston, and most people think he will eventually back out of his commitment.

Have I missed something about Martinez?

I heard Xavier Sua Filo has us on top of his list, but I haven't heard that from Martinez.

Sniper
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM

70% completion isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Pat White completed nearly 67% of his passes but as you know a lot of them were screens.

Sniper
05-12-2008, 05:19 PM
i think we got the better qb in boyd

and the wr at the camp and the psu guy that covered the event felt boyd was the best and should have been the mvp

anyways, boyd was our coaches #1 qb and overall prospect on our recruiting board

And of course you feel you got the #1 QB. If Michigan had gotten Matt Barkley and you got Boyd, you'd still be saying you got the best QB out there. You're an unabashed Michigan hater/WVU homer. Newsome is very highly regarded, much moreso than Boyd, but of course in your mind WVU got the best guy out there.

kwilk103
05-12-2008, 06:56 PM
70% completion isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Pat White completed nearly 67% of his passes but as you know a lot of them were screens.

hes been an mvp at 2 camps; 1 nike, and should have won another this weekend at the elite 11

made it to the finals of the accuracy competition (vs savage) and looked better than newsome----thats if you read the reports from espn, other rivals guys (our guys didnt cover it), and watch the video which was narrated by the guy from sparq that ran the camp

so yea, that accuracy is legit

The Tajh File
+6-foot-1, 190
+Sophomore season: 131-189-6, 2,059 yards, 25 TDs passing
+500 yards rushing, 7 TDs
+Second team All-State
+Quarterbacked Phoebus to a 26-2 record the last two years
+No. 1 QB in Virginia
+Offensive MVP National Underclassmen Ultimate 100 camp as sophomore and freshman
+UnderArmour All-Star
+MVP/QB NIKE Chapel Hill
+Regional participant, EA Sports Elite 11 QB
+quick drop and set
+Beatty coached Boyd as a freshman at Landstown

Sniper
05-12-2008, 07:10 PM
hes been an mvp at 2 camps; 1 nike, and should have won another this weekend at the elite 11

made it to the finals of the accuracy competition (vs savage) and looked better than newsome----thats if you read the reports from espn, other rivals guys (our guys didnt cover it), and watch the video which was narrated by the guy from sparq that ran the camp

so yea, that accuracy is legit

The Tajh File
+6-foot-1, 190
+Sophomore season: 131-189-6, 2,059 yards, 25 TDs passing
+500 yards rushing, 7 TDs
+Second team All-State
+Quarterbacked Phoebus to a 26-2 record the last two years
+No. 1 QB in Virginia
+Offensive MVP National Underclassmen Ultimate 100 camp as sophomore and freshman
+UnderArmour All-Star
+MVP/QB NIKE Chapel Hill
+Regional participant, EA Sports Elite 11 QB
+quick drop and set
+Beatty coached Boyd as a freshman at Landstown

70% is legit because he looked good without pads on without a pass rush? Mmmmmmmk.

#1 QB in Virginia? Did Kevin Newsome move without telling anyone? I see Newsome at 39 on Rivals, Boyd's somewhere in the top 250. Scout has Newsome at 25, Boyd at 90.

Your homerism is really irritating...

kwilk103
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
70% is legit because he looked good without pads on without a pass rush? Mmmmmmmk.

#1 QB in Virginia? Did Kevin Newsome move without telling anyone? I see Newsome at 39 on Rivals, Boyd's somewhere in the top 250. Scout has Newsome at 25, Boyd at 90.

Your homerism is really irritating...

thats according to va newspapers

and that 70% is from his soph season in hs---with pads

went down to 69.3% his jr season----with pads

Hwoarang
05-12-2008, 07:53 PM
And of course you feel you got the #1 QB. If Michigan had gotten Matt Barkley and you got Boyd, you'd still be saying you got the best QB out there. You're an unabashed Michigan hater/WVU homer. Newsome is very highly regarded, much moreso than Boyd, but of course in your mind WVU got the best guy out there.Russell Sheppard>all

SEC SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/jokingofcourse

Sniper
05-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Russell Sheppard>all

SEC SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/jokingofcourse

SEC>speed of light

Hines
05-12-2008, 09:17 PM
I change one of my picks. I actually replace McFarland with Eric Shrive.

Sniper
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I change one of my picks. I actually replace McFarland with Eric Shrive.

Penn State does need some good OTs.

Hines
05-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Penn State does need some good OTs.

I know they do, but I hope Archie turns out good.

Joeyjr09
05-12-2008, 09:30 PM
thats according to va newspapers

and that 70% is from his soph season in hs---with pads

went down to 69.3% his jr season----with pads

Completing 70 percent on your passes in HS is no big deal. It has more to do with the talent around him and the types of throws he is making then him. Alot of people could complete 70 percent if they had enough help.

Jacory Harris completed 67 percent during his SR season and he played against some of the best teams in the nation on national TV. He just had help and played in a passer friendly system. I'll be the 1st to say Jacory Harris is no Kevin Newsome and I love Jacory. He is rated about the same place as Boyd is. Heck Jacory owns more records then just about any player in HS football history if you wanna get technical.

Point is HS stats are pretty meaningless.

kwilk103
05-12-2008, 10:18 PM
ok, but winning accuracy comeptions shows he is somewhat accurate

dont get how he is rated below newsome when he is outperforming newsome in everything except agility?

recent combine boyd had the faster 40, but newsome had the faster agility

boyd has better completion %, passing yds, same rushing yds, more pass td, better td:int ratio

and has been doing better in camps; the wr preferred to have boyd as their qb in camps, and thought he was the best over the weekend

maybe b/c some see newsome at other positions?

Hwoarang
05-12-2008, 10:26 PM
SEC>speed of lightYou're a good sport about it. that's why I joke.

TitanHope
05-13-2008, 02:24 AM
For the Vols...

Marlon Brown, WR - Gotsta keep the in-state kids, and the kid looks awesome.
Chris Davenport, DT - Very thin at DT.
Jelani Jenkins, LB - We'll need a WLB after McCoy declares.
Dre Kirkpatrick, CB - Best available CB.
Logan Thomas, QB/ATH - Should be great in the new spread offense after waiting behind Crompton.

TigerBait45
05-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Shepard is quite fast.

He timed like a 4.33 at a combine not too long ago (I forget where)

VoteLynnSwan
05-14-2008, 01:49 PM
I'll do one for Illinois with only uncommitted guys we actually have a chance at.

1. Ronnie Wingo/David Oku
2. Marcus Hall
3. Eric Shrive
4. Marlon Brown
5. Craig Drummond

504 to ATL
05-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Have I missed something about Martinez?

I heard Xavier Sua Filo has us on top of his list, but I haven't heard that from Martinez.

Yeah a recent article like a week old now, Maritnez had LSU as his number 1, with USC I believe his number 2. Crowton has that good Utah connection going on.

Hwoarang
05-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Since Loston is comitted to Clemson i'll sub him with Eddie Lacy possibly the most underrated RB in this class.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-14-2008, 11:50 PM
SC:

Devon Kennard
Manti T'eo
Marlon Brown
Dre Kirkpatrick
William Campbell (gotta keep that michigan pipeline going)

thebow305
05-15-2008, 12:10 AM
For Miami:

Craig Loston, Safety
Marlon Brown, Wide Receiver
Dre Kirkpatrick, Cornerback
Morgan Moses, Offensive Tackle
William Campbell, Defensive Tackle

A future secondary with DeMarcus Van Dyke, Brandon Harris, and Dre Kirkpatrick at corner, along with Craig Loston and C.J. Holton at safety would just be nasty!

Add in Campbell paired with Forston up front and the linebackers we got in this past class and our defense would be ridiculous.

Sniper
05-15-2008, 07:45 AM
William Campbell (gotta keep that michigan pipeline going)

There's a special spot in hell for you sarf.

TigerBait45
05-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Yeah a recent article like a week old now, Maritnez had LSU as his number 1, with USC I believe his number 2. Crowton has that good Utah connection going on.

Huh..didn't see that one. Thanks. Martinez would be nice to have (although we're running out of room for O-linemen if Carneal Ainsworth and Chis Faulk commit).

Martinez has to be a take regardless though..I hope. That guy is going to be a monster.

Since Loston is comitted to Clemson i'll sub him with Eddie Lacy possibly the most underrated RB in this class.

I like Lacy, but it isn't happening. Theres no way he'll qualify, for one, and hes got some major league character issues (apparently he likes his women a bit on the young side).

Hwoarang
05-15-2008, 08:11 PM
I like Lacy, but it isn't happening. Theres no way he'll qualify, for one, and hes got some major league character issues (apparently he likes his women a bit on the young side).I know the coach and my cousin plays G for dutchtown and that isn't true. I know the real story, i'll PM you if you want.

504 to ATL
05-16-2008, 05:51 AM
I know the coach and my cousin plays G for dutchtown and that isn't true. I know the real story, i'll PM you if you want.

I would like to know the scoop also, because those are the rumors I have heard also. Along with him not having any chance of qualifying.

cdub11
05-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Jamarcus McFarland
Devon Kennard
Dre Kirkpatrick
Trent Richardson
Kevin Brent