PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe To Oakland?

KCJ58
02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I could be true Bledsoe knows if he stays in Dallas he'll be a backup he thinks he can still play and Oakland and Minnesota could be looking to trade for him. Bledsoe hasnt said puplicly that he wants out but He did say he dosnt want to be a back up QB in Dallas. Do you think Bledsoe could be heading out of Dallas?

bearsfan_51
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Nobody is going to give up anything for Bledsoe. Particularly with his contract. I would expect Bledsoe, Plummer, and Brad Johnson all to be cut shortly. Who knows where they'll go, but I doubt Bledsoe goes to Oakland.

art vandelay
02-27-2007, 07:15 PM
That would be the worst fit in the history of football.

Just imagine, Bledsoe would never even get to attempt a pass because he holds onto the ball way too long, can't move out of the pocket and the Raiders have one of the worst offensive lines in football. That would be comical to watch.

Windy
02-27-2007, 07:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10023999

They're cutting Bledsoe. No one will trade for him.

The Unseen
02-27-2007, 07:19 PM
That would be the worst fit in the history of football.

Just imagine, Bledsoe would never even get to attempt a pass because he holds onto the ball way too long, can't move out of the pocket and the Raiders have one of the worst offensive lines in football. That would be comical to watch.

You don't have to imagine. Just watch tape of Andrew Walter or Kerry Collins from past years.

JoeMontainya
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Maybe the Browns will sign Johnson to give us veteran leadership and help bring Frye along.

art vandelay
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
You don't have to imagine. Just watch tape of Andrew Walter or Kerry Collins from past years.

That's true...although sadly I think that Bledsoe is even less mobile than Walter.

Sveen
02-27-2007, 11:23 PM
The best situation for Oakland (I think) would be to get Schaub.

cunningham06
02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
That would be the equivalent of suicide for Bledsoe. He would finally surpass Carr for most times sacked in a season. Merriman would probably end up giving him a career ending injury.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-27-2007, 11:40 PM
IT seems like a dumb move that Al will make.BUt I think Garcia will be wearing the S&B next year.

Im_a_Romosexual
02-27-2007, 11:53 PM
yikes that would be a bad combo

diabsoule
02-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Absolutely absurd, especially with Oakland's O-line problems and their position in the draft to choose a top-notch (and young) QB.

yourfavestoner
02-28-2007, 02:15 AM
IT seems like a dumb move that Al will make.BUt I think Garcia will be wearing the S&B next year.

How is he going to run Al's vertical passing game?

diabsoule
02-28-2007, 02:24 AM
He won't be able to. Garcia's best fit is for a WCO which Oakland doesn't run and I doubt they will run with the Young Kiffin in charge.

zoinks
02-28-2007, 02:26 AM
Bledsoe to the Raiders? Why not just throw him under a bulldozer instead?

It would be quicker, with a similar end result.

Caddy
02-28-2007, 03:07 AM
If Bledsoe does get cut, he will make a decnet veteran influence for a young QB

niel89
02-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Bledsoe to the Raiders? Why not just throw him under a bulldozer instead?

It would be quicker, with a similar end result.

nothing about him is quick

NIN1984
02-28-2007, 05:55 AM
The sad thing is he could end up in Oakland, Raiders need 2 QBs we need a vet and we need to draft one.

eacantdraft
02-28-2007, 07:22 AM
How is he going to run Al's vertical passing game?

The Raiders won with the west coast offense during the Gannon years. Is senile Al so set in his ways he won't go back to the era that brought his team the only success in the last two years?

NIN1984
02-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Raiders are going to be using a hybrid WCO, from what I heard it sounds interesting I can't wait to see it.

Porter will be back and If Raiders do keep Moss you can just count Garcia out.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 05:41 PM
The best situation for Oakland (I think) would be to get Schaub.

i agree here

yourfavestoner
02-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Makes sense. USC pretty much ran a true WCO when Leinart was there, and Schaub is basically a Leinart clone. A perfect match, if you ask me.

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Makes sense. USC pretty much ran a true WCO when Leinart was there, and Schaub is basically a Leinart clone. A perfect match, if you ask me.

garica is a good wco too

bucksavage
02-28-2007, 08:56 PM
i agree here

Raiders are not giving up a 1st and 3rd for Schaub. I wouldnt rule out Drew to Oak

yourfavestoner
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Raiders are not giving up a 1st and 3rd for Schaub. I wouldnt rule out Drew to Oak

The Falcons know they'll never get a first and a third for Schaub. Hell, they'll be lucky if they can even get somebody's first, since they basically have to trade him this year, or else they'll lose him next year in free agency.

NGSeiler
02-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Nothing like putting the world's most immobile statue of a QB behind the worst protection in the league. What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

49erfaithful
02-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I wonder if Oak would have to use all 3 Qb's on the roster

regoob2
02-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Nothing like putting the world's most immobile statue of a QB behind the worst protection in the league. What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Its not like the raiders could get worse, why not sign him

Komp
02-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Bledsoe will not be with the Raiders next year, and definitely not as their starting QB. That would be the most ******** thing we have ever done [and we have done some pretty stupid things over the years].

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Actually I like the thought of Drew Bledsoe to the Raiders. I would allow them to draft a Calvin Johnson or possibly trade back to get more picks and rebuild that offense. First and foremost they need to realize that they are not going to get back what they gave for Randy Moss. I saw on Sportscenter that feeling in Oakland is worry over trading Moss to a Green Bay or other team because they won't be able to get the value they gave up for him. Moss has been a receiver on the decline since he went to Oakland and people can attribute that to a bad offense or bad attitude or injuries or whatever. Plain and simple he's not the same Moss that was traded from the Vikings. I think him for a 2nd rounder is a gift and should jump at it. Then with Moss gone they can attempt to shop the 1st pick and gain 1 or 2 more picks and rebuild that offense. If they can get 3-5 1st and 2nd round picks they would be in good shape and then Bledsoe could stick around and mentor Walters ala the way he would up doing for Brady, Losman, and Romo. I don't think the Raiders are ready to give up on Andrew Walters and Drew is the perfect QB to come in and show him the ropes. Or just keep the pick and grab Calvin Johnson, he would be a weapon for years to come.

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Raiders will go with a QB that can still hit his potential, no someone who's washed up and can play maybe a year or two

ks_perfection
03-01-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought this was a joke when I first saw the topic.

bernbabybern820
03-01-2007, 01:20 PM
we already have a tall immobile statue that has a great arm in Walter already.

yourfavestoner
03-01-2007, 01:51 PM
we already have a tall immobile statue that has a great arm in Walter already.

And one before that, in Kerry Collins. Funny that Collins and the rest of the Raider offense had decent years under Turner with the exact same personnel Shell had to work with. Shows how bad the coaching was.

If Oakland was planning on running a vertical offense, I don't see how it'd hurt to bring him in to compete for very cheap. However, if they're planning on running Kiffin's "hybrid WCO" I really think they should trade for Schaub.