PDA

View Full Version : Florida OL Matt Patchan shot

Sniper
05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3392124

Wow.

themaninblack
05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
why would they ever leave the bullet in?

Joeyjr09
05-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Thank God he didn't come to Miami. Ya'll would have busted out the thug talk again despite the fact UF has been in more trouble then just about any school in the nation recently.

DragonFireKai
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
why would they ever leave the bullet in?

Have you ever seen someone have surgery? It's a pretty messy affair. You really aren't losing anything by leaving the bullet in if it's simply in soft tissue, but if it's close to an artery, you run a real risk of bleeding out if they try to remove it.

Brent
05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Have you ever seen someone have surgery? It's a pretty messy affair. You really aren't losing anything by leaving the bullet in if it's simply in soft tissue, but if it's close to an artery, you run a real risk of bleeding out if they try to remove it.
They never took the bullet out of my grandpa when he was shot in WWII because it would have been more risky to take it than leave it.

Babylon
05-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Thank God he didn't come to Miami. Ya'll would have busted out the thug talk again despite the fact UF has been in more trouble then just about any school in the nation recently.

I thought he did comit to Miami? also wondered about the DL comment, has he moved over to that side of the ball?

BigJohn98
05-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I thought he did comit to Miami? also wondered about the DL comment, has he moved over to that side of the ball?

He never commited to them. He dissed them after attending the Virginia game. I believe he called them soft. Patchen will fit right in with Urban Meyer's scum.

neko4
05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Any recent word on him, is he good, i certainly hope so.

Tampa 2 4 life
05-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi guys, I'm a successful athlete, getting a free education to the Univeristy of Florida! Do I

A: Concentrate on my studies, remain at Gainesville
B: Party is Gainesville
C: Take the 5 hour drive to party in Ybor City, one of the top 3 worst places to go in Florida if you don't want to be shot?

Extra Credit is avilable.

Sniper
05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi guys, I'm a successful athlete, getting a free education to the Univeristy of Florida! Do I

C: Take the 5 hour drive to party in Ybor City, one of the top 3 worst places to go in Florida if you don't want to be shot?

OOOOOOOOOO I know! I know! Pick me! Pick me!

DragonFireKai
05-13-2008, 08:19 PM
He never commited to them. He dissed them after attending the Virginia game. I believe he called them soft. Patchen will fit right in with Urban Meyer's scum.

Oh, you've got to love the "Colorful" fans of college football...:cool:

Babylon
05-13-2008, 08:21 PM

D. Something about a gas credit card.

Joeyjr09
05-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Ybor City might be bad but it definately isn't top 3. Liberty City, Carol City and Goulds are all much worse. People all over the world hear about those 3. I doubt anyone here ahs heard of Ybor City.

BamaFalcon59
05-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Ybor City might be bad but it definately isn't top 3. Liberty City, Carol City and Goulds are all much worse. People all over the world hear about those 3. I doubt anyone here ahs heard of Ybor City.

Used to live near there. It is pretty bad.

Tampa 2 4 life
05-14-2008, 12:20 PM

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=51271000&city2=51226950
http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=51271000&city2=51210650

themaninblack
05-16-2008, 05:36 AM

Wouldn't a bullet lodged in soft tissue cause any problems in the long run?

BufFan71
05-17-2008, 07:33 AM

i went to a UCF team camp this past summer
and him and his high school (armwood) were there too

on the 2nd to last night, all the linemen had a tug of war championship
he lost to a kid who was like 5'11 200lbs
Patchan fell on the ground and started cryin like a baby, and his mom ran out shouting "omg, i cant believe u made him do this, he isnt feeling well today ect"
everyone from all the other schools referred to him as "Baby Giant"

Patchan isnt really even that good, when we scrimmaged Armwood, our DE abused him

DragonFireKai
05-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Wouldn't a bullet lodged in soft tissue cause any problems in the long run?

Not really. Once it's stopped moving, it's done all the damage it's going to. You'll form scar tissue around it, and it won't even be noticable after a year or so.