PDA

View Full Version : NBA Dynasty Finals

fenikz
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Which team would be the best over the course of 7 years?

fenikz
C Carlos Boozer (26)
PF Amare Stoudemire (26)
SF Gerald Wallace (25)
SG Joe Johnson (26)
PG Gilbert Arenas (26)

B Jason Maxiell C/PF (25)
B Boris Diaw C/PF/SF (26)
B Travis Outlaw SF (23)
B Randy Foye PG/SG (24)
B Rodney Stuckey PG/SG (22)

Eagles own the NFC East
C Greg Oden (20)
PF Chris Bosh (24)
SF Caron Butler (28)
SG Kevin Martin (25)
PG Rajon Rondo (22)

B Eddy Curry C (25)
B Josh Boone PF (23)
B Al Thornton F (24)
B Josh Childress SG (24)
B Jameer Nelson PG (26)

Paul
C Samuel Dalembert (26)
PF Chris Wilcox (25)
SF Lebron James (23)
SG Michael Redd (28)
PG Tony Parker (25)

B Kendrick Perkins C (23)
B Thaddeus Young F (19)
B Luol Deng SF (23)
B Ronnie Brewer (23)
B Kirk Hinrich (27)

Chucky
C Al Horford (21)
PF Dirk Nowitzki (29)
SF Josh Howard (28)
SG Kobe Bryant (29)
PG Chris Paul (23)

B Andrea Bargnani PF/C (22)
B Carl Landry PF (24)
B Branden Wright F (20)
B Leandro Barbosa G (25)
B Acie Law IV PG (23)

thetedginnshow
C Yao Ming (27)
PF Emeka Okafor (25)
SF Richard Jefferson (27)
SG Brandon Roy (23)
PG Deron Williams (23)

B Sean Williams PF/C (21)
B Brandon Bass PF (23)
B Marvin Williams F (21)
B Mike Dunleavy SF (27)
B Ramon Sessions PG (22)

CashmoneyDrew
05-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Chucky's team easy.......

fenikz
05-12-2008, 03:56 PM
I vote for myself because I have Stat and Stat wears pimp suits

http://www.nba.com/media/stoudemire_250_060227.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I vote for myself because I have Stat and Stat wears pimp suits

http://www.nba.com/media/stoudemire_250_060227.jpg

I liked your team too but I feel like you mixed up Boozer and Stouts positions. Otherwise I like that team too.

KCJ58
05-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Chucky's two Guards do it for me

princefielder28
05-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Chucky got my vote

Shane P. Hallam
05-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Man, it's hard.

Chucky obviously has the best team right now. Probably the next three years.

Who wins past that? Could be anyone. Chucky's team would be the best for a little while, but after that, I do like Paul's team including his depth...

BrownsTown
05-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm really feeling fenikz's team. 4 legit stars in Arenas, Johnson, Boozer and Amare with Wallace as a great 5th option. A solid young bench with players who have proved they might even be better coming off the bench.

Shane P. Hallam
05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
If Amare was at C, I'd be a lot more inclined there...

BrownsTown
05-12-2008, 05:37 PM
If Amare was at C, I'd be a lot more inclined there...

They're both playing in the post, does it matter? Boozer's physical D might be more effective at C despite his height.

Shane P. Hallam
05-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes, Yao on Boozer would be awesome :P

fenikz
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
it's not like defensive match ups wouldn't change depending on the team

Amare owns Yao's soul

BrownsTown
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes, Yao on Boozer would be awesome :P

Ben Wallace and Charles Barkley were dominant defensive players at anywhere from 6'8 to some people saying as small as 6'6 for Barkley and 6'7 for Wallace.

CashmoneyDrew
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I thought Barkley was 6'4.

fenikz
05-12-2008, 05:53 PM
he is probably closer to 6'4 than 6'6 but thats what they usually list him at

scottyboy
05-12-2008, 06:02 PM
TTGS has RJ and my newest(and NON RUTGERS!!! :O) mancrush, Sean Williams... yea, I'm a homer in everything

thetedginnshow
05-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I just can't shake the fact that fenikz has three virtual black holes on offense. And I don't know if I like Chucky's with two guys at 29 going for seven years and one of the worst benches. Beyond my own team, I'd probably like Paul's next.

LonghornsLegend
05-12-2008, 06:08 PM
It's hard for me to go against Chucky, he probably has the first 3-4 years because Kobe, Paul, and Dirk is ridiculous, I would like to see how the draft played out like that...But even when Kobe is gone Law can step up and play SG or rotate in with the guards in general, Barbosa is good with somebody like Paul who I'm keeping in mind makes the whole team better.

Even when Dirk leaves, Horford should be coming into his own, so I have to go with Chucky.

fenikz
05-13-2008, 04:22 AM
bumpity bump

Caddy
05-13-2008, 04:48 AM
I don't know a whole lot about the NBA, but fenikzs' team has a quality mix of talent and age which I think would be best for this kind of draft.

CashmoneyDrew
05-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Where's Kevin Durant BTW?

RoyHall#1
05-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Where's Kevin Durant BTW?

He was on my team... which barely lost to fenikz's team, which is now winning. :(

Chucky
05-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I dont think people understand that Fenikz's team would be unable to function offensively they have no one to run the offence at all. It would just be four ball hogs fighting for the ball

ATLDirtyBirds
05-13-2008, 03:52 PM
It's Fenikz or Chucky...

fenikz
05-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I dont think people understand that Fenikz's team would be unable to function offensively they have no one to run the offence at all. It would just be four ball hogs fighting for the ball

Arenas is the only person I think could be considered a ball hog, JJ has proven he can play off the ball, did it in Phoenix and is doing it right now with Bibby and the only play that is ever run for Stat and Boozer is the pick and roll which they do happen to be the best 2 in the league at it, Wallace is much like a young Shawn Marion he doesn't need any plays ran for him to contribute, plus the fact that all of my bench players are great role players who aren't selfish just completes the team.

thetedginnshow
05-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, it's really just three ballhogs. But still, there is no facilitator, so that offense, like I've said before, would be in shambles. With Chucky's team being too old and fenikz's incapable of functioning, I guess whoever is in third gets the victory.

Chucky
05-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Arenas is the only person I think could be considered a ball hog, JJ has proven he can play off the ball, did it in Phoenix and is doing it right now with Bibby and the only play that is ever run for Stat and Boozer is the pick and roll which they do happen to be the best 2 in the league at it.

Boozer and Stat still need people to feed them the ball down low, something i dont think arenas will enjoy doing or do well. Another thing about your team is that while my team might be on the older side of things my players all have good injury history which is much more important than age. I would be very surprised if stat, arenas and boozer could stay healthy over the next 7 years, especially stat and boozer

Chucky
05-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah, it's really just three ballhogs. But still, there is no facilitator, so that offense, like I've said before, would be in shambles. With Chucky's team being too old and fenikz's incapable of functioning, I guess whoever is in third gets the victory.

While my team is older I have bench players who can easily come in and replace kobe and dirk as starters when them two would be moved to the bench. I have Bargnani, a dirk clone, who in three years should develop very well, and I have barbosa who could fill kobes role as a scorer. Kobe and Dirk would then be able to contribute in smaller spurts of the bench and be very effective

thetedginnshow
05-13-2008, 04:16 PM
While my team is older I have bench players who can easily come in and replace kobe and dirk as starters when them two would be moved to the bench. I have Bargnani, a dirk clone, who in three years should develop very well, and I have barbosa who could fill kobes role as a scorer. Kobe and Dirk would then be able to contribute in smaller spurts of the bench and be very effective

Considering the fact that your team is a bit on the smaller/faster side, I assume you'd be running an offense predicated on speed, which wouldn't make for as an effective 34+ Kobe and Dirk. Or, the team would go into a slower half court set, but that'd rid the team of the effectiveness of Horford against real Centers and not allow Paul or Barbosa to be as effective. You'd still have a good team though regardless, no doubting that. Just not the best.

Chucky
05-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Considering the fact that your team is a bit on the smaller/faster side, I assume you'd be running an offense predicated on speed, which wouldn't make for as an effective 34+ Kobe and Dirk. Or, the team would go into a slower half court set, but that'd rid the team of the effectiveness of Horford against real Centers and not allow Paul or Barbosa to be as effective. You'd still have a good team though regardless, no doubting that. Just not the best.

As I said in the later stages they would be coming in shorter spurts and wouldnt be asked to do as much. Kobe could probably be a defensive stopper with a great mid-range game, and Dirk would be able to relieve Bargnani, once bargnani develops

LonghornsLegend
05-13-2008, 05:06 PM

That was the deciding factor for me, I love the overall talent of Fenikz's team but I was looking for a true distributor somewhere, even an average guy like Brevin Knight, but I think there would be some problems meshing together...Boozer works great with Deron as of now on the pick and roll, same with Amare and Nash, now those two guys are expected to perform with Gilbert playing PG? I would of went after a true PG to spread the ball around.

I think a PG is needed even more on that team considering the success of Amare and Boozer is predicated off PGplay, and pick and roll right now...Talent level was tops for me, just seems like it would be trouble getting everyone to mesh together.

fenikz
05-15-2008, 09:36 PM
bumpity bump bump

Chucky
05-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Yay. I managed to win even though I missed the last 3 rounds. :)

fenikz
05-19-2008, 04:19 PM
all thanks to me

Chucky
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
all thanks to me

Acie Law, Branden Wright, and Carl Landry definitely won it for me