PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Meriweather...

mtmock
02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
I think has top notch cover skills...and is very physical...but do you think we draft him despite him attitude?

thule
02-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Not at 22.

Paul
02-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Trade down to get some more picks, and then pick him. I am no opposed to that at all.

Poet3334
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Trade down to get some more picks, and then pick him. I am no opposed to that at all.

That's the route I would take too. Merriwether will be there in the 25-32 range. I wouldn't drop any further than that.

mtmock
02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
That's the route I would take too. Merriwether will be there in the 25-32 range. I wouldn't drop any further than that.

Whatif the scenario was the raiders with the #1 in r.2 wanted to trade with us to try to grab like a Dwayne Bowe or jarrett and we get the #1 second round i wouldn't be opposed to that...what do you guys think? :) ?

Gribble
02-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I lost a ton of respect for Meriweather during the brawl with FIU. I don't really want him as a distraction when we have enough as it is, although I respect the talent he has.

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2007, 03:25 AM
Meriweather at 22 is not farfetched at all... honestly we wouldnt need to move. His stock is rising as I'm typing this.

Something interesting... He is an exceptional nickel corner... He could be helpful in many ways, I'm sure Wade could find a plethera of ways in using him.

thule
02-28-2007, 04:38 AM
I don't see Meriweather as a top 25 pick. He did nothing to rise his stock at the combine...he is right on the 1st round/2nd round boarder for me. His character issues are still factored in.

MT...not gonna happen...why would a team in need of a whole new offense trade up and lose picks to land one player. It has to be a team with just a few needs that would move up to take a player to take them to the next level.

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 05:08 AM
When all is said and done, I will surprised if he is drafted in the first 2 rounds.

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2007, 05:19 AM
When all is said and done, I will surprised if he is drafted in the first 2 rounds.

Hey at this point who knows. He obviously has 1st round talent, behind Landry he's the best IMO. He's more complete than say a Nelson and his cover skills are exceptional. He performed well yesterday, some team may love this guy. He's had the off the field issues and the on the field but, those pale in comparison to say those issues Pacman had coming into the draft. I think he goes first round, if not early 2nd most definitely, IMO.

robert_in_bigd
02-28-2007, 02:50 PM
If we really want this FS/CB Tweener, trade down into early second. He will be there and he will be very good -- as long as he does not get arrested at night clubs throwing around bling bling.

In fact, I believe three low-mid to late second rounders this year is better than the current 1/2 we have.

nrcirc
02-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I believe Eric Weddle is better pick than him. He can do FS, SS, CB, and PR.

thule
02-28-2007, 04:23 PM
John Wendling > Eric Weddle

mtmock
02-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't see Meriweather as a top 25 pick. He did nothing to rise his stock at the combine...he is right on the 1st round/2nd round boarder for me. His character issues are still factored in.

MT...not gonna happen...why would a team in need of a whole new offense trade up and lose picks to land one player. It has to be a team with just a few needs that would move up to take a player to take them to the next level.
hey take it easy i cleared said what if as in an example of trading into early second...never said yea lets trade with oakland that sounds great...if a team with a top 10 r.2 pick offers us more picks for our 22 i'd definately do it...and it would be hard for jerry to turn it down unless a top notch DB falls to 22...early r.2 think of the possibilities possibly meriweather, weddle, wendling, Gonzo, Hill, OL, possibly rouse or others...just as EXAMPLES of players who might be there...i am NOT saying i want any of them more than the other

thule
02-28-2007, 05:59 PM
hey take it easy i cleared said what if as in an example of trading into early second...never said yea lets trade with oakland that sounds great...if a team with a top 10 r.2 pick offers us more picks for our 22 i'd definately do it...and it would be hard for jerry to turn it down unless a top notch DB falls to 22...early r.2 think of the possibilities possibly meriweather, weddle, wendling, Gonzo, Hill, OL, possibly rouse or others...just as EXAMPLES of players who might be there...i am NOT saying i want any of them more than the other

I'm saying teams don't tend to trade up unless they only need one playmaker to make them a contender. Teams with multiple needs don't tend to trade up for obvious reason. So when using examples...try to site something that is somewhat believable.

Poet3334
02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
John Wendling > Eric Weddle

Ahhh, yeah John Wendling. His measurables are off the freaking charts. What's your opinion on where he goes Thule? I'm thinking late 2nd.

mtmock
02-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm saying teams don't tend to trade up unless they only need one playmaker to make them a contender. Teams with multiple needs don't tend to trade up for obvious reason. So when using examples...try to site something that is somewhat believable.

ok then...bills last year, with the cowboys a couple years back...san fransico in 04, detroit lions to get kevin jones...atlanta to get jenkins a couple years ago...all of them gave up early 2nd round picks to get late r.1 picks...so yes they do trade up when they see a playmaker they want despite their needs...and this is just in the last couple of years :)

Macarthur
02-28-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm a big fan of Merriweather. I like the idea of trading down 6-8 spots and grabbing him with an additional 3rd rounder thrown in there.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I'll bet anything the Cowboys won't draft him. Anything!