PDA

View Full Version : Bills release injured TE Everett

Splat
05-13-2008, 08:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbillseverett&prov=st&type=lgns

“The Buffalo Bills continue to be moved by Kevin Everett’s heart-warming story of his recovery,” the team noted in a statement. “His progress from September of last year through today is nothing short of a miracle and is a tremendous example of faith, family and hard work.

“Today we are faced with the difficult decision to place Kevin on the waived/failed physical list, making him eligible to apply for any benefits due him. … Kevin will always remain a Buffalo Bill in the same way that Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and so many others before him are held in the highest regard by our franchise.”

Having been removed from the roster, Everett can now apply for a long-term disability payment of $224,000 a year - over the life span of his injury - and a onetime payment of $75,000 as part of the Player Health Reimbursement Plan.

The team also has indicated it will pay Everett the $460,000 base salary he would have earned this season in the final year of his contract.

T-RICH49
05-13-2008, 08:39 AM
I wonder if there will be any type of ceremony next year to honor him in Buffalo

bigbluedefense
05-13-2008, 08:43 AM
wow, thats one hell of a medical plan.

makes you feel bad for the older players who got snubbed by the NFL. not to take anything away from Everett, im obviously happy for him, im just saying.

Thunder&Lightning
05-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Sad to see him be realeased... But he should be pretty set $ wise.

TheGreatEscape
05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
He's never going to play again so why wouldn't they? Plus they'll still pay him his salary and he gets a lot of help with his charities and book around buffalo.

SaintsFanForLife
05-13-2008, 10:43 AM
I need a health plan like that. But I think the Bills went by this in the right way. Nice job

art vandelay
05-13-2008, 10:47 AM
SuperMcGee will tell you that the real travesty today was the release of WR Chris Denney.

703SKINS202
05-13-2008, 12:21 PM
I agree this whole ordeal was a class act by the bills, good luck the rest of the way Kevin.

JT Jag
05-13-2008, 12:31 PM
The Bills are doing this the right way. Kudos to them and good luck to Everett.

SuperMcGee
05-13-2008, 05:36 PM
SuperMcGee will tell you that the real travesty today was the release of WR Chris Denney.

I was just about to say that. Thank you, art.

Always in Our Hearts:

http://www.imsportsservices.com/clients/images/denney_chris.jpg

Addict
05-13-2008, 06:05 PM
wow, thats one hell of a medical plan.

makes you feel bad for the older players who got snubbed by the NFL. not to take anything away from Everett, im obviously happy for him, im just saying.

on the bright side, at least they´re taking care of them now... But you´re absolutely right about it being a shame older players get snubbed the way they do, those guys built the NFL more than any shark in a suit ever did.