PDA

View Full Version : Phin' Rookie Most Likely to Start on OD?

thebow305
05-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Other than Jake Long, of course, which other Dolphin rookie do you think is most likely to start on Opening Day for us?

Shawn Murphy/Donald Thomas at RG?
Chad Henne at QB?
Lex Hilliard at FB?
Philllip Merling at DE?
Kendall Langford at DE?

Vote then give your thoughts!

thebow305
05-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Messed, that up, whoudl have been 'Phin, oh well!

I voted for Shawn Murphy for RG. I think the staff loves this guy and he is the typical huge OL that Sparano loves and has the edge over Mormino who is coming off an injury. The team traded up to get him in the 4th, so they obviously liked him!

Joeyjr09
05-18-2008, 05:22 AM
The Dolphins are close to signing Steve McKinney so there will be our starting RG for at least the 1st half the season until they deem Murphy or Thomas ready.

I voted Hillard. He has the clearest path. Grigsby is nothing more then a wedger buster on ST and Mauia has a very good chance at getting cut after the off field stuff if he does't show something in camp. Hillard looks like he has the best shot at an open hole. Everyone else will have to wait til midseason.

Mr. Goosemahn
05-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I think it's gonna be Merling for sure. They need help at D and if Jason Taylor doesn't return, then they'll have to find someone good to replace him; enter, Merling, the next-best DE they got.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, I found a cool online football game yesterday. I was at my friend's house and he showed it to me. It's called Goal Line Blitz, and what you do is create an account and then a player of any position you want. Then you add skill points to make him better at a specific area (pass-rushing LB, run-stopping DE, coverage DB, pocket QB). Contracts will eventually arrive and you choose the one you like, and then you're on a team. The more you play the more you level up and improve. It's a great game, and best of all, it's totally FREE! Here's the link:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=12521776

Hope you enjoy it!

thebow305
05-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I think it's gonna be Merling for sure. They need help at D and if Jason Taylor doesn't return, then they'll have to find someone good to replace him; enter, Merling, the next-best DE they got.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, I found a cool online football game yesterday. I was at my friend's house and he showed it to me. It's called Goal Line Blitz, and what you do is create an account and then a player of any position you want. Then you add skill points to make him better at a specific area (pass-rushing LB, run-stopping DE, coverage DB, pocket QB). Contracts will eventually arrive and you choose the one you like, and then you're on a team. The more you play the more you level up and improve. It's a great game, and best of all, it's totally FREE! Here's the link:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=12521776

Hope you enjoy it!

Dude, Merling wouldn't be replacing Taylor if he came in, it would be either Roth or Holliday. Merling will be a DE, not an OLB.