PDA

View Full Version : Gonzo = GOAT

Splat
05-13-2008, 07:15 PM
The Jerry Rice of TE's.:)

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05/13/stat_of_the_week10/

Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez has accumulated 9,882 receiving yards during his 11-year NFL career. That total ranks second in NFL history among tight ends, trailing only TE Shannon Sharpe (10,060).

Gonzalez needs 179 more yards to by pass Sharpe for first place in NFL history. The Chiefs nine-time Pro Bowl tight end currently holds the NFL record for tight ends for career receptions (820) and touch down catches (66).

vidae
05-13-2008, 11:35 PM
He's a ballah!

KCJ58
05-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Dr. Gonzo = Goat

Crickett
05-13-2008, 11:50 PM
The Jerry Rice of TE's.:)

Gonzo is clearly one of the greatest TE's of all time, but much like Emmitt Smith, Deacon Jones and John Elway (like the name dropping?), you can't really say that he is unquestionably the greatest ever like you can with Jerry Rice or Lawrence Taylor.

kmartin575
05-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Gonzo is clearly one of the greatest TE's of all time, but much like Emmitt Smith, Deacon Jones and John Elway (like the name dropping?), you can't really say that he is unquestionably the greatest ever like you can with Jerry Rice or Lawrence Taylor.

Considering he will pass Sharpe in yards in 2 or 3 games this season and he already has passed him in receptions and touchdowns and he has at least 3 seasons left in him I think he will unquestionably be the GOAT when it is all said and done.

villagewarrior
05-14-2008, 01:56 AM
You're calling Gonzo a furry, four-legged hooved creature that smells bad and eats everything?

He may be the best TE of all time, which is what I think the original poster was intending to point out, but he is not the greatest player of all time.

Splat
05-14-2008, 09:19 AM
He may be the best TE of all time, which is what I think the original poster was intending to point out, but he is not the greatest player of all time.

I don't think any one ways saying that I sure was not but IMO he will go down as the best TE every and maybe the best Chief every.

bored of education
05-14-2008, 12:20 PM
He is the JErry Rice of TE's. Best ever. The fact is his stats overshadow the his blocking abilties. One of the best since he entered the league blockiing wise.