PDA

View Full Version : Kris Dielman

thule
02-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Cowboys | Dielman may be a target in free agency
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:26:09 -0800

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Dallas Cowboys may be interested in San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman, who becomes a free agent March 2. Dielman is one the top guards available and the Cowboys are uncertain about the return of OG Marco Rivera.

D-Unit
02-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Good news. Thanks for the post thule. Helps to solidify the legitimacy of the talks around here.

TNewFan41
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Thank god, but this was said about other teams as well. Atleast we are in the running.

Re-sign Colombo and sign Dielman and our o-line goes from average at best to one of the best in the league. Come on Jerry, if we get Dielman we are SB bound!!!!!

JoeMontainya
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Colombo was horrid last year, how does that help make your OL alot better?

i can see Dielman making someones line better.

Poet3334
02-27-2007, 07:36 PM

Columbo was not "horrid" last year. Were you watching the right guy???

JoeMontainya
02-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Ya I was, and I saw him play horrible.

JoeMontainya
02-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Browns | Team could target Dielman in free agency
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:09:05 -0800

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports San Diego Chargers pending free agent OG Kris Dielman is a player the Cleveland Browns could pursue and have the inside track on because of his relationship with offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski, who worked with Dielman for two years in San Diego.

id like to think that because Dielmans from Ohio and has shown interest in playing for his home state, along with the fact that we have one of his favorite assistant coaches from San Diego, that we would be the favorites.

KILLERSANTA
02-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Only the best OL we had last year....................

Poet3334
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM

When you come out with strong statements like Columbo played horribly, and you say you watched him play last year, you should probably come with some examples of his "horrible" play. Do you have any?

Im_a_Romosexual
02-27-2007, 08:22 PM
He had one bad play the entire year. Only the mishap against Washington when he didn't block vincent and vincent blocked the kick. otherwise he played excellent

JoeMontainya
02-27-2007, 08:24 PM
To say Colombo had only 1 bad play all year is odd, considering he had to have given up some sacks.

Poet3334
02-27-2007, 08:26 PM
To say Colombo had only 1 bad play all year is odd, considering he had to have given up some sacks.

You still haven't answered my question.

JoeMontainya
02-27-2007, 08:30 PM
What do you think I am a Cowboys fanatic? Go ask that quetion in the NFL section and see how many people think Colombo played "excelant". Maybe then youll shut up.

Colombo is probably the worste starter at his position in your division. emember how many sacks he gave up before Romo took over? I thought Bledsoe was going to beat him up.

And because Dielman is from Ohio and has said in the past that he wants to play for his home state like bentley, not to mention he is good friends with the Chargers TE coach we signed. We are the favorites and Savage said he will go after him hard, we have the money to do it. We will also be the front runner for Clements for much of the same reasons.

mtmock
02-27-2007, 08:35 PM

um he was our best o-lineman...and that is beyond the point he plays a totally dif. position than columbo....even if we get him colombo will still be our RT...u do know that right? unless he bolts for FA for more mula :)

Poet3334
02-27-2007, 08:38 PM
What do you think I am a Cowboys fanatic? Go ask that quetion in the NFL section and see how many people think Colombo played "excelant". Maybe then youll shut up.

Colombo is probably the worste starter at his position in your division. emember how many sacks he gave up before Romo took over? I thought Bledsoe was going to beat him up.

And because Dielman is from Ohio and has said in the past that he wants to play for his home state like bentley, not to mention he is good friends with the Chargers TE coach we signed. We are the favorites and Savage said he will go after him hard, we have the money to do it. We will also be the front runner for Clements for much of the same reasons.

You bring absolutely nothing to this discussion. You make statments without any factual information whatsoever. Why should I post my question in the NFL thread??? I"M IN THE DALLAS COWBOYS THREAD!! And so are you. If you have nothing informative to say, then don't say anything. And for the record, if you do sign Dielman, then good for you. I hope that makes you feel better.

JoeMontainya
02-27-2007, 08:57 PM

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports San Diego Chargers pending free agent OG Kris Dielman is a player the Cleveland Browns could pursue and have the inside track on because of his relationship with offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski, who worked with Dielman for two years in San Diego.

That was my factual information, it is you who has only spit out opinions.
Why are you such a prick? i would rather talk to real cowboy fans anyways.

Gribble
02-27-2007, 09:03 PM
C'mon man. Use some stats or something to show how bad Columbo played. Don't just throw out an opinion without backing it up or you'll get negative response. Obvious but had to be said.

mtmock
02-27-2007, 09:04 PM
You bring absolutely nothing to this discussion. You make statments without any factual information whatsoever. Why should I post my question in the NFL thread??? I"M IN THE DALLAS COWBOYS THREAD!! And so are you. If you have nothing informative to say, then don't say anything. And for the record, if you do sign Dielman, then good for you. I hope that makes you feel better.

um...agreed :)

mtmock
02-27-2007, 09:06 PM

hey montainya look at what the experts say scroll down to OT
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9880915

JoeMontainya
02-27-2007, 11:49 PM
"C'mon man. Use some stats or something to show how bad Columbo played. Don't just throw out an opinion without backing it up or you'll get negative response. Obvious but had to be said."

What type of stats can i post on an OL? Most arent even official stats therefore I cannot post them.

Um ya. he caught only 8 passes all year and threw 5 INTS. hes a horrible goal line back.

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
"C'mon man. Use some stats or something to show how bad Columbo played. Don't just throw out an opinion without backing it up or you'll get negative response. Obvious but had to be said."

What type of stats can i post on an OL? Most arent even official stats therefore I cannot post them.

Um ya. he caught only 8 passes all year and threw 5 INTS. hes a horrible goal line back.
Stop talkin' bubbles. Your opinion means nada.

Paul
02-28-2007, 12:13 AM

LOL, you swear you know what your talking about :rolleyes: . I love when ignorant people get owned.

You should leave now, you've already been exposed as an idiot. Save yourself further embarrassment.

Ward
02-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Dockery > Dielman.

thule
02-28-2007, 02:45 AM
How effective was Julius Peppers vs. Columbo. That is a pretty good stat imo.

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2007, 03:20 AM
I like him and he is legit, he could be a pro bowler for the next 10 years but..... There is no way we should dish out Hutchinson like money (it's gonna take close to that), it would be a waste. For that type of money we could bring in two, perhaps three quality players.

Poet3334
02-28-2007, 07:34 AM

That was my factual information, it is you who has only spit out opinions.
Why are you such a prick? i would rather talk to real cowboy fans anyways.

Oh boy. Apparently you don't understand what I'm talking about. You should probably go away now.

Macarthur
02-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Anyone that says Columbo was horrible doesn't know what they are talking about.

Geroude was our best lineman last year, but Columbo was right behind him.

TNewFan41
02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Dude you actually think you are gonna get Dielman? The Browns ain't gettin anything. Wow your in his hometown. That doesn't mean sqaut. Dude you sound like an idiot right now, just leave. Colombo should have been int he pro-bowl, and you come in here and say he sucks, lol. Dielman won't be a Brown, I don't know if he will be a Cowboy but I know he won't we a Brown. All that matters is money, not a hometown.

LOL just leave.

Ward
02-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Just want to remind all of you that personal attacks are not allowed. It may be hard to believe, but you are capable of arguing without doing it.

TNewFan41
02-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Sorry, I just hate when people don't know what they are talking about.

JoeMontainya
02-28-2007, 10:45 PM
There were games Colombo didnt impress me. Is it that hard to understand? Specifically when they had Bledsoe starting Colombo gave up his share of sacks. When Romo came in, his scrambling ability bought time for the OL to look alittle better. Romo alone made your OL better, Colombo included.

i take back my comment about saying he isnt good, that was out out of line, but i think Cowboys fans overrate him.

Someone find out howmany sacks he gave up last year for me.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/120806cpcowfree.24589fc.html

Thats just the way i felt, he got better because of the QB.

JoeMontainya
02-28-2007, 10:50 PM
This was from when Colombo played for the Bears, and he still shows trouble with speed rushers. He ran a 5.5 at the combine and didnt have good strength so this doesnt surprise me....

"Offensive Line

It’s difficult to find any defense for an offensive line that allows 9 sacks. Yes, Hutchinson held the ball too long at times. However, his holding the ball too long probably only contributed to about 3 of those sacks. Of the other six, one of them goes to John Tait. He blocked well in the run game and apart from that play held up well on passing downs. Two sacks belong to right guard Steve Edwards, who was beaten on successive plays by Cletidus Hunt (completely missed to the inside) and Cullen Jenkins (got around him on a deep drop). Marc Colombo had a horrible time trying to block Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (7 tackles, 4 sacks). He allowed 3 sacks, and appeared to get worse as the game wore on. He added a false start in the middle of it all. Colombo did some good things run blocking to help Jones get yardage off tackle, and made a key block on a draw that picked up a big gain. Terrence Metcalf was flagged for illegal hands to the face and Olin Kreutz had yet another illegal snap/false start. Kreutz had one of his better games getting out in front of Jones pulling on some toss sweeps. The lack of continuity on the offensive line is very evident on screen passes, where the timing has been shoddy for much of the year. There seems to always be at least one blocker who is letting his man in too soon. Run blocking was pretty good, but pass blocking was a nightmare. GRADE: D- "

Thats in the past so I wont even begin to critisize him for it, but he still struggled this year with speed rushers.

JoeMontainya
02-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Colombo didnt get credited with some sacks he might have caused, because they were outside of the pocket, but he didnt have a single holding penalty all year which is impressive.

TNewFan41
03-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Now your revising your statement........

TNewFan41
03-02-2007, 04:23 PM
We never played the packers this year, so I don't see how he was beaten by KGB.........That was from years ago. Colombo played like a pro-bowler this year, accept it or leave.

Oh and Dielman is visitng with Seattle today, think we will get him?

D-Unit
03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Not anymore. Dielman is asking for Hutchinson money. LMAO!

TNewFan41
03-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Good, with Leonard Davis going to Washington, we have to sign Dielman. Get it done Jerry, I don't care if we overpay.

Macarthur
03-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I do. Dude, you can fine guards. Proctor is already on the roster and you could pick up another one on the first day of the draft that can start.

Remember, we need to get Romo signed. If signing a G restricts us in any way with Romo, that would be a huge F-up.

D-Unit
03-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Deilman off the market. Resigned by the Chargers.

TNewFan41
03-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Hello G in round 1. WTF, Jerry you suck a**.

jdnoyes
03-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Hello G in round 1. WTF, Jerry you suck a**.

Why does Jerry suck ass when he is not willing to pay huge money for average talent. If anything these two days have shown that Jerry has become a better GM than Jerry of 5 years ago. He's been patient, and unwilling to throw insane money around just to make a splash. I applaud him. Relax, teams aren't built by big name free agent signings, they are built by the draft and smart 2nd tier signings to fill holes. This has been proven time and time again. Lets keep our cap in line so we can sign guys who have proven they can play in Dallas like your favorite player Newman.

BX
03-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Jerry has become a better GM than Jerry of 5 years ago. He's been patient, and unwilling to throw insane money around just to make a splash.

Let's hope its a lesson Dan Snyder never learns.

Finlayson56
03-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Dielman resigned with the chargers

TNewFan41
03-03-2007, 05:49 PM
We know, and we lost the SB because of it.

Dave
03-03-2007, 05:50 PM

Over dramatic much?

TNewFan41
03-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Over dramatic much?

Nope. Not at all.

Paul
03-03-2007, 10:49 PM

:rolleyes: . Reason?

TNewFan41
03-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Because o-line is the most important part of football. Doesn't matter how good the skill players are, if you don't have atleast an above average o-line, your not gonna win the SB.

LSUALUM99
03-04-2007, 10:35 AM
So, you think Gurode (a Probolwer), Adams (a Probowler) and Columbo (a Probowl snub in your eyes) - don't constitute at least an above average line already? Did we win the super bowl last year?

Was the reason we didn't win more a product of the Defense or the Offense?

I'm sorry, but if you have 1 probowler on your OLine you're at least above average most likely.

Macarthur
03-04-2007, 11:35 AM
So, you think Gurode (a Probolwer), Adams (a Probowler) and Columbo (a Probowl snub in your eyes) - don't constitute at least an above average line already? Did we win the super bowl last year?

Was the reason we didn't win more a product of the Defense or the Offense?

I'm sorry, but if you have 1 probowler on your OLine you're at least above average most likely.

I think you're right. The one spot where we were horrible was Rivera. That spot really was a gaping hole. I think with another solid G (Davis), Geroude will get even better. When Kosier is the weakest link, we will have one of the better OLs in the league.

TNewFan41
03-04-2007, 11:36 AM
And we started Bledsoe, that costed us some games.

LSUALUM99
03-04-2007, 11:40 AM
But we still made the playoffs. It doesn't matter what your regular season record is as long as you make the playoffs.

You're view of what it takes to make the Super Bowl is extremely short sighted. It takes alot of things to happen. Just as you expect the Cowboys to be better after some signings and the draft, every other team expects that as well.

I expect the Eagles to be the team to beat in the NFC east at this point. They don't really have any holes on their team. I think their young WR's will come into their own this year (Reggie Brown is a 3rd year wideout, and that's typically the break out season for WR's.) I was high on Hank Baskett in last years draft and he performed well. I think he improves also.