PDA

View Full Version : 1st Rounders by Posistion

eaglesfan_45
05-13-2008, 11:41 PM
How many 1st rounders do you think each posistion will have in the 2009 NFL draft?

QB- I'm guessing 5:
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Matt Stafford
Curtis Painter
Hunter Caldwell

RB- 3
Chris Wells
Knoshon Moreno
CJ Spiller

WR-4
Micheal Crabtree
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Percy Harvin
Jeremy Maclin

and so on and so forth.

Yatta!
05-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Ok I'll have a go at random guessing.

QB - 3 - (Stafford, Tebow, Painter/Cantwell)
RB - 3 - (Wells, Davis, Spiller)
WR - 4 - (Crabtree, Heyward-Bey, Harvin, Robisikie/Kelly/Williams)
TE - 1 - (Beckum)
OT - 5 - (Oher, Boone, Loadholt, Unger, Gardner)
OG - 1 - (Robinson)
C - 1 - (Mack)
DE - 3 - (Jackson, Johnson, Selvie)
DT - 2 - (Moala, Taylor)
OLB - 2 - (Cushing, Toal)
ILB - 2 - (Maualuga, Laurinaitis)
CB - 3 - (Jenkins, Davis, Harris, Mickens)
S - 2 - (Mays, Moore)

Thunder&Lightning
05-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Lesean Mccoy from Pitt. should be in the RB section...

YAYareaRB
05-14-2008, 10:02 AM

TE - 1 - (Beckum)
OG - 1 - (Robinson)
C - 1 - (Mack)
DT - 2 - (Moala, Taylor)
S - 2 - (Mays, Moore)

No Herman Johnson?

MaxV
05-14-2008, 11:56 AM
VERY rarely do 5 QBs go in the 1st round.

Babylon
05-14-2008, 01:53 PM

TE - 1 - (Beckum)
OG - 1 - (Robinson)
C - 1 - (Mack)
DT - 2 - (Moala, Taylor)
S - 2 - (Mays, Moore)

I'd definitely substitute Chase Coffman with Beckum and cant see Brian Toal making that leap from being out of football for a year but as an Eagle fan i hope you're right.

Yatta!
05-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I'd definitely substitute Chase Coffman with Beckum and cant see Brian Toal making that leap from being out of football for a year but as an Eagle fan i hope you're right.

It could easily be Sean Lee or Jasper Brinkley there as well but I think the LB class is very good this year and at least one of those guys should be able to be in 1st round consideration if they recover from injury well.

On second thoughts, I think there'll probably be a few more underclassmen than on my original list but I don't like just listing juniors/RS sophomores for the sake of it (thus no Bradford, Moreno, McCoy etc).

keylime_5
05-14-2008, 03:13 PM
QB-2 (Stafford and Tebow?)
RB-4 (Wells, McCoy, Moreno, and Spiller or Davis?)
WR-4 (Crabtree, Bey, Harvin, Maclin or someone?)
TE-3 (maybe Beckum, Gresham, and Coffman or Pettigrew)
OL-4 to 6 (Oher, A.Smith, Loadholt, Robinson, Boone, and one more, Unger?)
DE-4 (not that many b/c of team needs: T.Jackson, M.Johnson, Evans, and Selvie or Sapp or Middleton)
DT-2 (Moala and Woods or Marks)
LB-3 to 5 (Laurinaitis, Maualuga, Cushing, Spikes, and M.Freeman)
CB-4o or 5 (at least Jenkins, Davis, Harris, and more)
S-2+ (Mays definitely and Moore with a shot at Harris, Chancellor, etc.)

Geo
05-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm right there with DG in being a big fan of RB James Davis, but he's probably a high quality 2nd round back like Ray Rice and Matt Forte were last year.

MaxV
05-14-2008, 04:12 PM
It could easily be Sean Lee or Jasper Brinkley there as well but I think the LB class is very good this year and at least one of those guys should be able to be in 1st round consideration if they recover from injury well.

On second thoughts, I think there'll probably be a few more underclassmen than on my original list but I don't like just listing juniors/RS sophomores for the sake of it (thus no Bradford, Moreno, McCoy etc).

Well, I'm pretty sure Lee will take a redshirt this year.

megansett56BC
05-14-2008, 11:06 PM

TE - 1 - (Beckum)
OG - 1 - (Robinson)
C - 1 - (Mack)
DT - 2 - (Moala, Taylor)
S - 2 - (Mays, Moore)

I would be absolutely shocked if Brian Toal went in the 1st round. He's still getting by on high school hype, and the fact of the matter is, he hasn't been all that great for us. And he's a lazy drunk to boot, and most people around here are pretty sour on him until he proves that he is actually something.

urinemonkey
05-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Nobody thinks Myron Rolle will be a 1st round pick?

art vandelay
05-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow, Cantwell is getting 1st round talk? Let's let the guy start first. As far as QB's go, I'll say 4 - Stafford, Tebow, Painter and Harper.

sodar21
05-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Have you actually seen him play?

Michigan
05-15-2008, 03:52 PM
funny thing is by the end of next season probably only 1/2 of these guys will even be considered first day picks.

sodar21
05-15-2008, 04:29 PM
funny thing is by the end of next season probably only 1/2 of these guys will even be considered first day picks.

And a couple end up going undrafted.

Jonny
05-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Kenny Britt will be a first rounder. This is not scotty-esque rambling, he's legit and also a lock to leave.

scottyboy
05-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Kenny Britt will be a first rounder. This is not scotty-esque rambling, he's legit and also a lock to leave.

KENNY BRITT!!!!!!!

don't forget Courtney Greene round one. Tiquan Underwood will also go round one, and the obvious Mike Teel number one overall

urinemonkey
05-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Have you actually seen him play?

A little bit, I don't see many FSU games where I live, but what I have seen Myron Rolle stood out, making plays. He has great speed as evinced by his chasing down Graig Cooper from behind in the Miami-FSU game last year.

neko4
05-15-2008, 10:09 PM
QB's
1st Round: Stafford
Borderline: Tebow, Harper
2nd-3rd: Painter, Cantwell, Daniel, Bradford, and McCoy if he could get back on track

Next year:
Dan LeFevour

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-15-2008, 10:35 PM
theres a good deal of people who think he shouldnt play S in the NFL.he'll have to have a pretty good year to go in the 1st round.

LonghornsLegend
05-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Are we certain Rolle wants to play football? I thought he was more interested in his school work and career then playing football, I'm not sure and money problem changes all that, but I thought I remember reading awhile back that he actually valued school alot higher then football.

eaglesfan_45
05-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Are we certain Rolle wants to play football? I thought he was more interested in his school work and career then playing football, I'm not sure and money problem changes all that, but I thought I remember reading awhile back that he actually valued school alot higher then football.

IMO that is a good thing, get an education. You can't play football forever. When school goes away he will focus on football. All this shows is that he has a good head on his shoulders. I would want to draft him because of intelligence and his hardworking attitude.

LonghornsLegend
05-15-2008, 11:05 PM
IMO that is a good thing, get an education. You can't play football forever. When school goes away he will focus on football. All this shows is that he has a good head on his shoulders. I would want to draft him because of intelligence and his hardworking attitude.

Definately, not knocking that at all, and he is extremely smart when it comes to his schoolwork and jumped at least 2 grades, he went into college with enough credits to be a sophmore I believe, you rarely find guys like that so you have to respect that...I just was questioning because people were throwing his name out, and I wasn't certain he was really excited about going to the NFL more so he was then starting his career.

wicket
05-25-2008, 09:31 AM
To be honoust I don't think Bradford would declare (or at least he shouldn't) if he declares it's just because he'd be scared his draft stock would fall with his big o line gone. However I would give him quite a bit more credit than some are giving him, I actually think he might be the best prospect of them all but thats just me.

TheIncredibleDraftDude
05-25-2008, 10:24 AM
QB's:
stafford (top 3)
Bradford (4-8)
Juice Williams (10-20)
Tim Tebow (First round)
Colt McCoy (First Round)
Curtis Painter (First Round)
Hunter Cantwell (First ROund)

MaxV
05-25-2008, 10:33 AM
QB's:
stafford (top 3)
Bradford (4-8)
Juice Williams (10-20)
Tim Tebow (First round)
Colt McCoy (First Round)

There is NO WAY 7 QBs will go in the first round. I'll be surprised if 4 go in the 1st.

wicket
05-25-2008, 10:42 AM
juice williams doesn't really feel like the third qb taken at the moment IMHO, don't see cantwell going in the first either. I'd probably say:
in order of being picked:
Bradford*(if he declares, tottaly not sure)
Stafford*(if he get's proper numbers otherwise he shouldn't declare either)
Tebow*
Painter

TheIncredibleDraftDude
05-25-2008, 10:57 AM
cULLEN HARPER COULD EMERGE.

Gay Ork Wang
05-25-2008, 11:50 AM
QB's:
stafford (top 3)
Bradford (4-8)
Juice Williams (10-20)
Tim Tebow (First round)
Colt McCoy (First Round)
half of them will be picked after the 4th round u noob

eaglesfan_45
05-25-2008, 05:04 PM
There are alot of QB's with 1st round potential
Tim Tebow
Matt Stafford
Sam Bradford
Curtis Painter
Hunter Cantwell

it all depends on how well the do this season but all of them have potential to go in the 1st round if you need a QB this is the year to get one, plenty available

Staubach12
05-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I'd be extremely surprised if any more than two QBs went in the 1st.

Staubach12
05-25-2008, 10:41 PM
QB's:
stafford (top 3)
Bradford (4-8)
Juice Williams (10-20)
Tim Tebow (First round)
Colt McCoy (First Round)

Let me take a wild guess...

Juice Williams will pack on 100 lbs and move to Guard, Tebow will lose 30 and move to kicker, Curtis Painter would make an excellent TE, and Cantwell will be the best scouting director in the game.

eaglesfan_45
05-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Let me take a wild guess...

Juice Williams will pack on 100 lbs and move to Guard, Tebow will lose 30 and move to kicker, Curtis Painter would make an excellent TE, and Cantwell will be the best scouting director in the game.

that or Juice could grow 8 inches and be the tallest reciever in the game