PDA

View Full Version : May need FF Players!

Shane P. Hallam
05-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Alright, here is the deal.

I run a dynasty FF league on Yahoo. This will be the 5th year in a row. We have 12 teams, some very good and some that need work, but it is really fun. It is an extremely different set-up and this provides with a very different FF experience. We have some guys in the league who are...passionate about FF and this can make it fun and frustrating.

It seems like I am going to lose some guys this year and need replacements, so I'm posting to find replacements. To be a replacement, you HAVE to be extremely active for the draft and league. Think of it like a fantasy draft on here, you have to be checking every hour.

So, only apply if:

1. I know ya fairly well and know you'll be active.

2. You know A LOT about FF. This includes IDPs, etc.

Check out the league here: http://fffreaks.21.forumer.com/index.php

Major differences:

IDPs (2 D, 2 DL/LB, 2 DB)

We start 2 QBs on our team! Makes them SUPER-Rare

25 player roster, before the season (by May 21st,) you must cut 7 of these players, at least 4 being offensive.

Rookie/FA draft every summer.

Some odd scoring rules

Full Rules:

Rules and Scoring
--------------------------

Number of teams:12
Roster Spots:25
Roster Requirements-
You must have all of the following to fully complete a weekly lineup.

Starting Lineups
----------------
2 QB's
2 RB's
3 WR's
1 TE
1 K

2 DL (linebackers are counted as DL)
2 DB
2 D

10 Bench Players of Your Preference for a total of 25

Scoring
---------
Completions (.5)
Passing Yards (20 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (.5)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (3)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (4)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Tackle Solo (1)
Assisted Tackle (.5)
Sack (2)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (5)
Pass Defended (.5)

Playoff system:
--------------
top 6 teams make the playoffs (Tiebreaker by total pts scored for the year). Wild Card in Week 14. Semifinals in week 15 of the NFL season. Finals in week 16. Just like the NFL the top two regular season finishers get a bye in the first round.

Dynasty Keepers:
-----------------

This is a dynasty league but to shake things up
every team will be required to drop at least 7 players off of their 25 man dynasty roster, and the 7 players must
include at least 4 offensive players. The deadline for declaring your 18 man rosters will be the NFL rookie draft in all future years.

Dynasty/Rookie Draft:
---------------------

This will be a 7 round draft to fill the 7 vacant roster spots on each teams roster. The draft order will the reverse of the order of finish in the previous season. With your dynasty/rookie draft picks, any rookie or any player not currently on a league roster can be selected.

Trades:
--------
For every trade made, a poll will be made. The league will vote on it, yes
or no and 6 no votes equals a VETO. For every no vote, you must post reasons to prevent any shady business. The commish will not vote on it to prevent a possible tie.

diabsoule
05-14-2008, 08:27 AM
I'll do it.

EDIT: nvm.

I've only been invovled w/ FF for 1 year so I'm not the most knowledgeable and that seems to be what you are looking for.

Gay Ork Wang
05-14-2008, 08:45 AM
id do it if there is no money involved

Shane P. Hallam
05-14-2008, 08:51 AM
No money involved in this one, though I do have a $50 keeper league I need two replacements for.

Renji (or diab if you really want to do it,) hit me up on IRC sometime and we can chat.

Thunder&Lightning
05-14-2008, 08:59 AM
do you do any leagues on espn?

neko4
05-14-2008, 04:26 PM
any room left jbond?

HChu
05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
If you still need somebody, I'd be up for it.

farfromforgotten
05-14-2008, 04:50 PM
No money involved in this one, though I do have a $50 keeper league I need two replacements for.

I'm interested. Would probably rather do the $50 keeper league if I had the choice. Can you post info about that league?

Hines
05-14-2008, 04:59 PM
You know I am down with it Bond.

adschofield
05-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Consider me interested

BigDawg819
05-14-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm always up for fantasy football. I'm in D's ESPN League if I need a reference.

Shane P. Hallam
05-14-2008, 06:26 PM
do you do any leagues on espn?

Nah, I dislike ESPN a lot in terms of layout.

Well, thanks for the interest! Haha, we may be able to get a few of you in.

Anyway, like I said, you'd have to be SUPER active in preseason and during, like checking every hour, leaving me a cell #, etc.

For instance, we hold our rookie/FA draft on a forum ( http://fffreaks.21.forumer.com/index.php?sid=8f47de23927ddf80336e751ea36d810a )

Check that out, the archive has last years draft and stuff.

I've had some people IM me who seem very interested and I trust, I'll come check out this thread when I know my openings.

If far or anyone else is interested in the $50 keeper, PM or IM (preferred) me and we can talk.

neko4
05-14-2008, 06:29 PM
i wont be able to then, since i'll have 2 a days

scottyboy
05-14-2008, 06:34 PM
if you need someone bond, I'm interested. I know a fair amount about fantasy and such.

d34ng3l021
05-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Consider me interested, but I dont know if you know me well enough...This would be my 3rd year doing FF (each year I had around 3ish teams). I know about IDPs and have played with them before. Along with 2 QBs starting. If you are interested in including me, you could send me an IM (IRC doesnt work).