PDA

View Full Version : *FLASHBACK-Cowboys Fan Declaration Thread

D-Unit
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
This is the place where you can stake your claims about how you feel about a particular subject. Nobody will be able to deny you in the future... not even yourself. lol. No editing posts. I will delete them if I see them.

Let's keep this legit and not let anything silly be declared. I'll delete them too... so don't bother to declare that 1 + 1 = 2.

This is where you man up.

TNewFan41
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Terence Newman will make the pro-bowl in 2007.

The Dallas Cowboys will win SB XLII.

Terrell Owens will be the SB MVP with 156 yds and 3 TDs..

LSUALUM99
02-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Ware has more sacks than Merriman next year.

Henry gets 8 INTS at FS.

TO gets 90 Catches, 1400 Yards and 15 TDs

Poet3334
02-27-2007, 07:40 PM
We will sign Kris Dielman

Bobby Carpenter plays 16 games inside in 2007.

Jason Witten catches 80 passes and scores 8 times

Paul
02-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Julius Jones + Marion Barber >> Other NFL RB Duos in 2007.

KILLERSANTA
02-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Patrick Crayton will have 50+ catches and 6+ TD's

Dallas Draft
First round = DB
Secound Round = OL

Gribble
02-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Defense: Top 5
Offense: Top 5
Tony Romo: NFC QB of the year

mtmock
02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
We sign an OG in FA

We win Super Bowl XLII

Romo THrows 30 TD's

Carpenter starts all year next year

Ware gets 15 sacks

We draft a Defense w/ our first pick(wherever it might be)

Spears steps his game WAY up

Best overall D in the league next year

BX
02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
The Cowboys will reach the NFC Divisional playoffs this year, at the very least.

2007 will be Greg Ellis' and Aaron Glenn's last season with the Cowboys.

Terrell Owens will not play a game until midseason due to his finger injuries.

T-Newman will finally get Pro Bowl recognition in 2007

D-Unit
02-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Draft wish:
I want Reggie Nelson, DeMarcus Tyler and Mason Crosby.

bigmac076
02-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Jason Hatcher will be starting in Week One instead of either Canty/Spears

TH3
02-28-2007, 12:14 AM
D-unit will infact eat Nene Hialrio

JJ will have a major injury this season

Tony Romo will be linked to no less than 3 celebrities by week 16

Terrell Owens will create trouble around week 7 after he is struck with an injury of some type..

Ward
02-28-2007, 12:53 AM
The MVP of the offense next season will be Jason Witten as TO and Glenn BOTH deal with injury problems.

The MVP of the defense will be Terence Newman who benefits from the blitz-happy scheme and records double digit picks.

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2007, 03:23 AM
Marcus Spears..."breaks out" in 07.
Romo will start in his second pro bowl.

Modano
02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Ware has more sacks than Merriman next year.

Henry gets 8 INTS at FS.

TO gets 90 Catches, 1400 Yards and 15 TDs

you're the man. Totally agree.

I say

Cowboys will draft CB in round 1
Gurode will be a pro bowler once again
Tony Romo will have a 90+ QB rating
Carpenter will start all 16 games

TNewFan41
02-28-2007, 01:31 PM
To bad Henry is staying at CB. Just thought I would let you guys know that.

And I hope you guys are all right about T-New.

thule
02-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Since this is a new thread I'll restate my first round prediction.

At pick #22 in the draft the Dallas Cowboys select Marcus McCauley CB, Fresno State.

Poet3334
02-28-2007, 04:32 PM
In round 1 Dallas selects Reggie Nelson.

mtmock
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Since this is a new thread I'll restate my first round prediction.

At pick #22 in the draft the Dallas Cowboys select Marcus McCauley CB, Fresno State.
not raggin on you but you no he had a TERRIBLE year and couldn't keep up with anyone at the senior bowl...constantly beat...even benched a couple games last year due to his performance :(

thule
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
not raggin on you but you no he had a TERRIBLE year and couldn't keep up with anyone at the senior bowl...constantly beat...even benched a couple games last year due to his performance :(

Thanks for filling me in about McCauley...I had no idea he had a down year /sarcasm.

mtmock
02-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for filling me in about McCauley...I had no idea he had a down year /sarcasm.

then y would we want him especially r.1!!! ???

thule
02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
then y would we want him especially r.1!!! ???

I was being bold. Hell Cromartie didn't even play last year and was drafted in the first. Matt Jones never played WR in his life and got drafted in the first round. McCauley maybe overrated by many on this board...but not me. I clearly see him as a late 2nd/mid e3rd round guy. However, with his measurables and upside...it is not to far fetched to see him in the first round. With his skillset he fits perfectly as the type of CB we need in phillips defense...so I just thought I would go bold and predict something outside of the norm.

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Daymeion Hughes will be one of the steals of this draft. Here's hoping we get him!

TNewFan41
02-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Here is to hoping we don't!!!!!!!!! I don't care what he does on the field, 4.72 is unacceptable.

With the 22nd selection in the 2007 NFL Draft the Dallas Cowboys select Reggie Nelson, FS, Univerisity of Florida.

Jeez, it is gonna be so weird without Tagliabue anouncing draft picks.

mtmock
02-28-2007, 07:09 PM
I was being bold. Hell Cromartie didn't even play last year and was drafted in the first. Matt Jones never played WR in his life and got drafted in the first round. McCauley maybe overrated by many on this board...but not me. I clearly see him as a late 2nd/mid e3rd round guy. However, with his measurables and upside...it is not to far fetched to see him in the first round. With his skillset he fits perfectly as the type of CB we need in phillips defense...so I just thought I would go bold and predict something outside of the norm.
well then i respect that! :)

Go Cowboys
03-01-2007, 01:25 PM
We draft Justin Blalock in the first round after a trade down.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 01:54 PM
We will NOT draft Brandon Merriweather.

DSlay4
03-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Marcus Spears will not break out in 07, and will get cut in 08

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Marcus Spears will not break out in 07, and will get cut in 08

Eww. He's basically the same player as Luis Castillo, He should play very well under Wade.

D-Unit
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Kris Dielman will be a Dallas Cowboy.

KILLERSANTA
03-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Dallas Will draft Tank Tyler

DSlay4
03-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Eww. He's basically the same player as Luis Castillo, He should play very well under Wade.

Spears has shown no explosion of the ball, he gets manhandled by Tackles, He's not fast, He's not strong.

What in the heaven has he shown you that makes you think he's suddenly gonna play good?

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Spears has shown no explosion of the ball, he gets manhandled by Tackles, He's not fast, He's not strong.

What in the heaven has he shown you that makes you think he's suddenly gonna play good?

Marcus has shown some flashes here and there. Wade should work wonders with him... Marcus was supposed to be a 10 sack guy by his third year and he has played no where near that but, I have confidence in Wade. I dont care what his production was in Zimmer's 3-4, I'm disregarding everyone's statistics because, Zimmer didnt know what the hell he was doing. I'll wait until after this season in Phillips D to make a fair judgement on our players. An improved LB rush is only going to help our DEs and with Big Wade running the D, our Lbs should be getting to the Qb much more frequently than in years past. I say... give it one more year with Spears.

KILLERSANTA
03-01-2007, 09:28 PM

What he said.........I'll add to it.........

Ratliff or Hatcher Will beat out Spears

M.O.T.H.
03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
There is no way Spears loses his job.... he's getting paid too much to be riding the pine. Not to mention Kenyon Coleman is Spears back up and Jay Ratliff is too important to the nickel defense.

thule
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Tony Romo will not sign a big contract with the Dallas Cowboys before 2008. I might even go as far to say Tony Romo won't be the QB in Dallas in 2008...but that depends on how far we go. If we go past the first round in the playoff...we'll be in Jan 2008 and I could see us working out a deal...however no way Tony gets paid before...and if he doesn't meet our expectations...which are quite high for him...he will be replaced.

04-01-2007, 01:46 AM
We will Draft a Dwayne Jarrett in the First Round. Jarrett has a rare season for a Wide Receiver as he will get 69 Receptions 1072 for an Average of 15.5 and he will Catch 7 TDs. Glenn will battle injury. Owens gets 84 Receptions for 1100 for a 13.0 Average and 15 TDs. Julius will have a break out year and prove all the haters wrong with about 1200 Yards Rushing. Romo will throw 29 TDs. The Warewolf will have more Sacks than Merriman because Merriman will get injured by week 5 since he will be clean and off steroids. We will go 12-4 and beat the Seahawks in the Division Round. Then we will beat the Eagles in the Conference Round and we will Win the Super Bowl and have more Super Bowls than every single team in the NFL.

mtmock
04-01-2007, 11:11 AM
WE WILL DRAFT DWAYNE JARRETT IN THE FIRST ROUND. Jarrett has a rare season for a Wide Receiver as he will get 69 Receptions 1072 for an Average of 15.5 and he will Catch 7 TDs. Glenn will battle injury. Owens gets 84 Receptions for 1100 for a 13.0 Average and 15 TDs. Julius will have a break out year and prove all the haters wrong with about 1200 Yards Rushing. Romo will throw 29 TDs. The Warewolf will have more Sacks than Merriman because Merriman will get injured by week 5 since he will be clean and off steroids. We will go 12-4 and beat the Seahawks in the Division Round. Then we will beat the Eagles in the Conference Round and we will Win the Super Bowl and have more Super Bowls than every single team in the NFL.
I love it, especially every thing that involves jarrett

thule
04-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I don't see how Julius has a breakout year...when that is about how much he rushed for this year...I found that funny.

Achilles33
04-01-2007, 12:26 PM
DeMarcus Ware has over 20 sacks. Wade knows he is a freak, and a better athlete than Merriman. Watch out NFL.

FloridaFootball
04-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Every Single person who posted some insane prediction is a HUGE homer. F u cowboy homers

thule
10-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Fun to look back.

How close were you?

Looks like I was wrong about McCauley...but I was being bold at the time. I downplayed JJ breaking out...look to be right.

I also went bold with Romo saying we wouldn't get him to a deal till after the year and that looks to be about correct. I said he would be replaced if he didn't meet expectations...I think it's safe to say he has met them.

Paul
10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Ha. God we are awful at predictions.

Ward
10-17-2007, 10:22 PM
I wasn't far off. I predicted Witten would be the offensive MVP because Glenn and TO would be injured. I'm pretty close. Romo or Barber is the real MVP, but Witten has been huge this year, and Glenn is hurt.

Primetime21
10-17-2007, 10:34 PM
I also went bold with Romo saying we wouldn't get him to a deal till after the year and that looks to be about correct. I said he would be replaced if he didn't meet expectations...I think it's safe to say he has met them.

Knowing Jerry Jones and his history with big contracts that isnt a bold statement what so ever.

thule
10-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Knowing Jerry Jones and his history with big contracts that isnt a bold statement what so ever.

Actually going into the year quite a few people though he would get his contract before the year started since we essentially passed on Quinn...he was our QB. Also we had to worry about getting the price driven up if we waited and gave him one after a great year. So it was somewhat bold actually.

Primetime21
10-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Actually going into the year quite a few people though he would get his contract before the year started since we essentially passed on Quinn...he was our QB. Also we had to worry about getting the price driven up if we waited and gave him one after a great year. So it was somewhat bold actually.

The way he handled Emmitt Smtih and Michael Irvins contract, I would think the Tony Romo's contract will be a long and brutal process. That being said I may be talking out of my ass.

D-Unit
10-17-2007, 11:47 PM
HA Ha ha.. This is great. That's why I made this thing. To look back and laugh.

Draft wish:
I want Reggie Nelson, DeMarcus Tyler and Mason Crosby.
Good thing we got Hamlin cause we never had a chance at Nelson.
Tyler... :( Still wish we had him.
Crosby??? OMG. (Pre-combine I might add)

Daymeion Hughes will be one of the steals of this draft. Here's hoping we get him!
Yet to be determined.

We will NOT draft Brandon Merriweather.
Called it. Big whoop, I know...

Kris Dielman will be a Dallas Cowboy.
Wrong! I really though Wade would do something to bring him here... then again no one had a chance as SAN locked him up early.

thule
10-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Just a side note...there are all kinds of things with predictions and whatnot way back. I didn't bring them all up cuz I didn' twant us to have to deal with the clutter...but if anyone has free time it's great to look back in this type of stuff.