PDA

View Full Version : NEED VOTERS: Super Hero Draft: Team 3 vs. Team 4

Shane P. Hallam
05-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Please vote on the team who would win a football game.

Rules:
All football penalties apply (PI, Offsides, Late Hit, etc,) except holding
Head Coaches cannot go on the field or throw/affect the field of play physically

Refs:
One-Above-All, Bob Saget, Chuck Norris, Ryan Leaf, Jordy Nelson

Team 3 Roster

Offense (Singleback, 1TE, 3 WR, 1 RB)

QB Superman
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, senses, intelligence, regeneration, and longevity; super breath, heat vision, and flight

RB Nightcrawler
Teleportation, Enhanced night vision, Superhuman acrobat/gymnast, Prehensile tail, Ability to stick towalls, Blending into shadows, Skilled in martial arts, hand to hand combat and fencing training

WR Fury
Regeneration,
Energy blasts,
Adaptive learning & self-modification

WR Copycat <---- New
Shape-shifting,
Power mimicry

WR Zoom
Time manipulation in his reference frame

TE Hercules
Superhuman strength, stamina and durability
Immortality Skilled hand-to-hand warrior

LT Blink
Teleportation,
Disruption via partial teleportation
Stunning

LG Star Boy
Increases mass or gravity of an object

C Annihilus w/ Wields Cosmic Control Rod and Quantum Bands
Superhuman strength, stamina and durability Flight
Energy and molecular manipulation, ******** aging process, Quantum Bands

RG Spot
Ability to create portals that lead to an alternate dimension and instantly cross short distances

RT Goblin Queen
Telepathy, Telekinesis, Teleportation, Psionic energy absorption, Various mystical powers

Defense (4-3)

DE Champion of the Universe w/ Power Gem
Superhuman strength, endurance, agility and reflexes
Invulnerability
Master of countless fighting styles and martial arts forms

DT Kurse
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, and durability
Ability to mystically track and locate enemies over large distances

DT Atlas
Mass and size manipulation
Superhuman strength

DE Abomination
Superhuman strength, stamina and durability
Regenerative healing factor

OLB Despero <-- NEW
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, intelligence and flight
Vast psionic powers including telepathy, telekinesis, hypnotism, and teleportation

MLB Thanos w/ Power Gem
Superhuman strength, intellect, longevity, durability, stamina and reflexes
Energy and matter manipulation
Psionic powers
Teleportation

OLB Joseph
generation and manipulation of magnetic fields

CB The Runner
The Runner possesses the Power Primordial, cosmic energies leftover from the Big Bang that still remain in the universe. He can survive unaided in space with no need for food, air or water. The Runner's body has developed to survive space. He is virtually indestructible and his durability rivals that of the Silver Surfer's. He can also channel incredibly powerful blasts of energy from his head and influence the emotions of others. Due to his influence over emotions others usually find themselves "liking" the Runner in his presence even if he has wronged or betrayed them.
Though he appears virtually immortal and immune to aging, disease, poison, and conventional injury.
The Runner's primary ability is his speed. He can literally "run" many times faster-than-light speed under his own power using only his legs.

CB Longshot
Psychometry; Probability manipulation; Superhuman agility, speed and reflexes

FS Jean Grey
Telepathy; Telekinesis; Ability to travel unaided through space and time; Ability to psionically manipulate matter and any form of energy

SS Mr. M
Psionic manipulation of energy and matter on a subatomic level

RS Zoom
see above

K/P Speed Demon
Superhuman speed and reflexes

HC The Living Tribunal
Virtual Omnipotence,
prescience,
Omnipresent

Gameplan

Seeing his roster i see some major advantages for me. First of all ill start with Copycat to Copy Joseph and The Runner. This will give me alot of help. Joseph's Power will help me to take out Deathlok. But most likely she is going to be The Runner. My WRs both be able to outrun the CBs especially Copycat (mimicing the Runner and his Powers) should have no Problems at all outrun the Secondary. With the LB Corps being rather weak, i can slide out Hercules and Fury and play with 4 Receivers a lot. Hercules is really strong and big and will be a big mismatch for Beast and Black Panther who will have a hard time tackling him. Fury can outsmart the other team. He can run great option routes. With Superman this will be a great option. My first option should always be Running/Teleport. Do not try to get a score everytime and outtire my defense but go slowly but surely down the field. Nightcrawler will have no problems to pick up the short yardages to get the first down. Ill take down the clock. Nightcrawler will get me the 2 - point conversions but try to be careful and not to hurt himself, get out of bounds if needed. Well yea stops the clock but still keeps defense honest and will be able to set up the PA. Taking out the Defensive Line is the most crucial to me, giving Superman sometime. Starboy will take care of Hoppy making him as heavy as a star. This will take out his superspeed cause i dont think he can move as fast. Spot can make big holes if i want to give night crawler a rest and let Fury run the ball a little bit. The Major concern for me are Hulk and Beta Ray Bill. Blink will do its best to take on Beta Ray and teleporting him alittle bit away to get some less pressure on the QB. Goblin Queen being one of the mightiest Psychics should take care of Hulk, i dont expect winning the battle but getting enough money to let Superman get some time. If anyone will get through, Superman has enough moveability. PA Plays will be crucial crucial but having confidence in Nightcrawler and Superman i think i can win this battle. Im gonna try to dink and dunk them being alittle bit afraid of the Safeties.

On Defense i think i can have a strong unit. Bane could hardly beat Batman so he wont be able to take on the Champion of the Universe and Abomination should be able to overpower Man Bull. This will help me to put constant pressure on Fantomex. The Next crucial thing on defense will be Joseph. He can potentially take out his whole offense. Fantomex is a cyborg. Titanium Man is well he is titanium and Red Tornado is another Cyborg basically being the most important puzzle piece on defense. Ill try to play him a little deeper, so he wont get affected by the Oline. Atlas and Kurse will be able to stop the run if needed and can stop the past over the middle, atlas can change his size to do that. The Runner should stick to any player like glue and will always know where the balls are and wont get fooled by Fantomex due to its cosmic awareness. Despero and Thanos will try to play zones while Longshot and Runner try to should down the outside WR. The Strong Safety will be able to provide help in the middle try to help covering one WR. Jean Grey will try to sit deep, read the play and try to read the play as well as try to get a pick.

The HC Tribunal will try to heal my heroes. He is really wise and full of knowledge never to angry. With the Leadership skills of Superman i hope i can guide this team to its first W.

Team 4 Roster

QB Fantomex
Possesses multiple brains,
Nano-active blood,
Skilled marksman, acrobat and hand-to-hand combatant
Ability to read body language
Auto-hypnosis, Skilled in misdirection

RB Red Tornado
Air and wind manipulation,
Superhuman strength, physical resistance and speed,
Self-repair/Healing Factor

WR Shatterstar
-Superhuman senses, strength, speed, stamina, agility, flexibility, dexterity, reflexes, coordination, balance, endurance.
-Accelerated healing
-Enhanced learning capability
-Ability to generate bio-energies through metal of swords

WR U.S. Agent
Superhuman strength and stamina
Peak human agility, reflexes, and durability

WR Warpath
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, durability, and senses
Flight
Trained in armed and unarmed combat

WR Wild Child
Superhuman senses, strength, speed, agility, reflexes, coordination, balance, endurance
Slowed aging process
Razor sharp claws and fangs
Olympic-level trained acrobat/gymnast, special ops-trained hand-to-hand fighter

LT Bane
Peak human physical condition
When using Venom: Superhuman strength
High intelligence
Escapologist
Hand to hand combat
Expert strategist

OG Guardian
Flight
Personal force field
Ability to fire energy blasts

C Bishop
Energy absorption and projection
Superhuman physical attributes
Ability to instinctively know present location
Skilled marksman and hand-to-hand fighter

OG Titanium Man
Flight
Concussive blasts
Superhuman strength

RT Man-Bull
super-strength, enhanced durability, horns

DE Beta Ray Bill
Superhuman strength, speed stamina and durability
Accelerated healing factor
Via Stormbreaker:
Ability to control weather
Energy Projection
Flight

DT The Hulk
Superhuman strength, stamina, and durability
Genius level intellect in certain incarnations

DT Wildebeest
Can transform into a giant, superstrong powerhouse; has the mind of an infant and the temper to match

DE Hoppy the Marvel Bunny
Super-strength, speed and stamina
Physical and magical invulnerability
Flight

OLB Beast
Animal-like physiology
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, flexibility, reflexes, coordination, balance, endurance
Genius level intelligence
Accelerated healing factor
Pheromone manipulation

ILB Black Panther
Superhumanly acute senses
The peak of human physical capabilities
Genius level intellect
Skilled combatant/acrobat/gymnast and hunter/tracker
Vibranium uniform, boots and equipment
Retractable anti-metal claws
Ebony Blade

OLB Deathlok
Superhuman speed, strength and reflexes
Ability to repair bodily damage
Ability to track multiple objects

CB Vision
Density and Mass Control (Ranging from Intangibility to Diamond-hard Durability)
Energy Projection (eyes and forehead jewel)
Superhuman Intelligence (data and tactical)
Computer/IT Network Interfacing
Superhuman Strength
Flight

FS Spawn
Superhuman strength, speed, durability and endurance,
Immortality,
Flight,
Magical abilities,
Teleportation,
Shape-Shifting,
Resurrection,
Empathy,
Wears living symbiotic costume capable of evolving

SS Banshee
Superhuman hearing
Sonic screams
Flight
Concussive blasts
Sonic energy lances
Ability to cause nausea, disorientation or unconsciousness
Immunity to powers of Black Tom Cassidy

CB Ultra Boy
Superhuman strength, Superhuman speed, Flight, durability, Flash Vision, 'Penetra-Vision', (one power at a time)

K/P Hawkeye
Master archer (uses variety of trick arrows)
Skilled martial artist and gymnast

HC Captain America
Physical attributes enhanced to peak of human potential
Expert martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant
All terrain acrobatics
Master tactician and field commander
Vibranium-steel alloy shield

Gameplan

Defensively I want to force them to throw the football. They have a quality line with a very good running back and I want to take that away. Use seven men in the box with various blitzes from my linebackers...I will always keep Beast on Copycat in coverage and use blitzes with my other OLB and ILB. CBs will go straight man coverage and Spawn will have TE responsibilities.

Offensively I want to spread out the defense with four wide receiver sets. I'll be running alot of Ace formations with a mix of out, post, slants, and drag routes; short quick routes because my o-line my not be able to keep up. I want to mix in the run somewhat with draws to get the defense honest, but nothing to much further than that.

Shane P. Hallam
05-16-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm picking Team 3 based on:

Team 4 doesn't have a gameplan for Nightcrawler and thus he should be able to score rather easily.

Joseph can manipulate a lot of Team 4's offense. Team 4 will score, but not enough.

Caddy
05-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Nightcrawler is the shiz.

Hograiser
05-16-2008, 11:08 PM
No one would get past the Hulk. that is why team 4 would win

Dr. Gonzo
05-16-2008, 11:36 PM
I accidentaly voted for team 4 even though I helped Ranji with team 3. Whoops. Team 3 will easily win this whole thing.

BeerBaron
05-16-2008, 11:47 PM
i voted team 3 but i'll be honest, i couldn't possibly fathom what all would be going on at once.

i could see what like, one person with their superpowers would do but to picture all of this happening at once....blew my ******* mind....whoa

Gay Ork Wang
05-17-2008, 09:47 AM
I accidentaly voted for team 4 even though I helped ***** with team 3. Whoops. Team 3 will easily win this whole thing.
Ohhhh i smell a rep rape! WTF GONZO? and btw take the name out of the post thats why its anonym ;)

Crickett
05-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Okay, I'm still looking over the teams, but I'm calling foul over team 3 right now. You can't have multiple characters using a power gem when there is only one. Just the same, I think I'm picking them.

Team 4 has some good defensive playmakers like Hulk, Spawn and Beta Ray Bill, but in general, they're VERY weak there.

Gay Ork Wang
05-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Well okay he should take care of it

farfromforgotten
05-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I voted for team 3, but man, team 4's defense looks TOUGH. Seems team 3 is the more well rounded team.

LonghornsLegend
05-17-2008, 01:46 PM
haha okay next time ill use one Power gem.

I thought you guys were trying to keep teams anonymous and not make it obvious who is who.

Gay Ork Wang
05-17-2008, 02:23 PM
I thought you guys were trying to keep teams anonymous and not make it obvious who is who.
Well since Gonzo already namedropped...

Dr. Gonzo
05-17-2008, 02:26 PM
****, nobody told me we were supposed to know say who is who. One one needs to do is look at the draft page for this and you can tell. Sorry.

Gay Ork Wang
05-17-2008, 02:28 PM
****, nobody told me we were supposed to know say who is who. One one needs to do is look at the draft page for this and you can tell. Sorry.
u spelled the name wrong too

CT Bronco Fan
05-17-2008, 02:28 PM
How can you stop Nightcrawler? Team 3 = Championship

Dr. Gonzo
05-17-2008, 02:36 PM
I spelled it wrong on purpose Ranji.