PDA

View Full Version : Your Team Hates You!

BeerBaron
05-18-2008, 07:59 PM
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/051608/spo_20080516255.shtml

wow....only the Lions eh? didn't see this over here anywhere and though you'd like to give it a read

BaLLiN
05-18-2008, 08:23 PM
wow, is it really that hard to give someone two seats for a whole season?

Brothgar
05-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey they tried to make it right by giving them better seats but they were being difficult so yeah F--- them till next year!

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah seriously. They offered the guy better seats. If your not going to take that well then screw that, watch from home.

Is that from an Oakland paper or is a different Oakland? LOL. Upset about the beat down from last year I guess.

The business side and filling up the seats is the most important thing to help make the organization profitable. We have a nice stadium and they are keeping the Lions in Detroit. And as for winning, its not like we are always way under the cap and they are not trying like some baseball teams. We spend money just like every other organization. Millen/scouting department has made bad decisions, good decisions at the time(Mooch,Charlie Rogers) have turned out to be bad decisions and thus we lose because its a very tough competitive league when everything doesn't come together. We seem to be headed in the right direction so this year will tell us a lot about how they really feel. If we go 3-13 and Millen isn't fired. Then yeah they don't care.

Brodeur
05-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Is that from an Oakland paper or is a different Oakland? LOL. Upset about the beat down from last year I guess.

It's from an Oakland County paper in Michigan.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-19-2008, 02:22 PM
It's from an Oakland County paper in Michigan.

That makes more sense. I was like why is Oakalnd posting this garbage and why would they care.

Either way, we spend money and don't try to lose. Millen's just made a ton of mistakes and things that should of worked out(Mooch/Martz/Charlie Rogers etc) didn't.

BeerBaron
05-19-2008, 03:41 PM
i still think its somewhat funny. If this were most other teams, it would blow over pretty quickly i think but when its a perennial loser who should be thankful for all the loyal fans they have, it makes big news.

"**** em until next year!" = "Go Lions!"

Addict
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
i still think its somewhat funny. If this were most other teams, it would blow over pretty quickly i think but when its a perennial loser who should be thankful for all the loyal fans they have, it makes big news.

"**** em until next year!" = "Go Lions!"

just shows the seemingly endless arrogance of the lions front office.

TacticaLion
05-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry... to be honest, that doesn't change anything for me.

I know I've thought it time and time again: "**** 'em. If he wants to *****, **** 'em." That's usually how a person feels when approached with an angry, can't-be-satisfied customer. Hell, with how much free **** people try to get now-a-days by complaining, I agree with him.

That being said, saying it, thinking it and sending it to the customer are three very different things. I don't have a problem with his attitude... but I have a problem with the stupidity that it would take to make that mistake.