PDA

View Full Version : From the BS Lawsuit File...

bsaza2358
05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=3402942

This just makes me angry. Unfortunate injury to the kid, but you can't sue a manufacturer because your son got hit by a line drive...

Brent
05-19-2008, 01:50 PM
using a -12 aluminum bat is ridiculous, there is a reason you cannot go too low with the negatives on bats in HS and higher. blaming the bat manufacturer is so stupid. I hate people some times.

Sportsfan486
05-19-2008, 01:54 PM
It's pretty stupid. Sad what happened to the kid.. freakish and sad.. but why do they feel the need to randomly sue people?

Jay
05-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Feel horrible for the family, but they knew the risks when they signed up. Every league should have a waiver that parents HAVE to sign before their kids are allowed to play in these leagues that states that they understand that their children can get hurt as a result of their participation. It should go without saying, anyway. Now I realize the league isn't being sued, but such a document would ensure this lawsuit never even makes it into a courthouse.

CT Bronco Fan
05-19-2008, 01:57 PM
It's very unfortunate what happened to that kid, however if they were to win this lawsuit it would be a very sad day for the entire United States. To sign up for any of these leagues you have to sign a waiver. That is probably why they didn't sue the league that the child was actually in. I'm surprised they didn't try to sue the kid who hit the ball

bsaza2358
05-19-2008, 01:59 PM
The parents are suing the manufacturer and an unaffiliated league for approving the product. That is the crux of their suit. Going after the deep pockets.

saintsfan912
05-19-2008, 02:02 PM
I feel for the family and everything but damn. But to sue the bat manufacturer and the store it came from is ridiculous. Then to sue Little League Baseball is even more stupid. The kid wasn't even playing in a Little League game, why sue the league? People get more and more unbelievable with all these lawsuits, its quite pathetic.

Dr. Gonzo
05-19-2008, 02:13 PM
There is a reason people sue, most of the time they either get cut a nice fat settlement check or they win. Until people stop getting money for these ******** lawsuits this will keep happening.

bsaza2358
05-19-2008, 02:16 PM
They couldn't sue the league they were playing in because they signed a waiver. Little League has deep pockets. Ditto the manufacturer. Ditto Sports Authority. It is a money grab to help care for their son the rest of his life. I feel for their situation, but how about just blaming fate or bad luck? Deal with it.

bsaza2358
05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
There is a reason people sue, most of the time they either get cut a nice fat settlement check or they win. Until people stop getting money for these ******** lawsuits this will keep happening.

Given the cost of representation and the bad PR involved, it is usually cheaper to settle out of court. Trust me, it is better business to let these a-bags go away.

Dr. Gonzo
05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I understand that. What I am trying to say is that people sue because 99 percent of the time they end up settling out of court and actually getting money out of their insane lawsuits.

PackerLegend
05-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Given the cost of representation and the bad PR involved, it is usually cheaper to settle out of court. Trust me, it is better business to let these a-bags go away.

Exactly its all about $$$. Instead of getting lawyers and paying tons they will give them a couple thousand to shut the **** up and go away.

WMD
05-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Man, people are just..... stupid.

I was just thinking of stupid lawsuits that I haven't heard of.. Has anyone sued Coke or Pepsi for pop giving them bad teeth?

BTW- Post 12,000! Who can I sue???

TheGreatEscape
05-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Only people i blame for this are idiots who would support the family if it went to court. The family's trying to get as much as they can to help the kid, companies don't want the bad PR so you can't blame them either.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Greedy bastards.

brat316
05-19-2008, 04:16 PM
the company should reverse sue to teach people a lesson, like that lady sueing Mcdonalds for the hot coffee, so they did a settlement.

BeerBaron
05-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Man, people are just..... stupid.

I was just thinking of stupid lawsuits that I haven't heard of.. Has anyone sued Coke or Pepsi for pop giving them bad teeth?

BTW- Post 12,000! Who can I sue???

im sure those 12000 posts gave you carpal tunnel or something, sue scott wright for making his message boards so addictive! rahhh!!

but in all seriousness, i don't think anyone injured in a sport during the normal course of a game should be allowed to sue anybody. everyone who participates knows the risk involved and line drive hits are part of the game

brat316
05-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Also shouldn't it be the balls fault or the kid who hit the ball. It would be considered some degree of murder i think....where is Jaghombre when you need him

BeerBaron
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Also shouldn't it be the balls fault or the kid who hit the ball. It would be considered some degree of murder i think....where is Jaghombre when you need him

yeah! the kid who hit the ball is a murderer! death sentance for that evil bastard....i hope he rots in hell!!!11one....

i remember hearing in high school that a kid shot another kid in the eye with a paper hornet, blinded him, and he was sent to prison for assaulting him. don't know how much of a degree of BS that was but if true, it seems a little extreme....especially since in most cases, if your shooting a paper hornet at someone, theyre shooting back.....

VoteLynnSwan
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
the only reasonable law suit would be towards the league that the kid was playing in for allowing such a bat...

the problem is though that what are these kids gonna use for a bat? Wood bats can break and kill someone... maybe they should just use plastic or foam bats... those wouldn't be nearly as dangerous.

BeerBaron
05-19-2008, 04:52 PM
the only reasonable law suit would be towards the league that the kid was playing in for allowing such a bat...

the problem is though that what are these kids gonna use for a bat? Wood bats can break and kill someone... maybe they should just use plastic or foam bats... those wouldn't be nearly as dangerous.

haha, i love those dollar store foam bats. anytime me and my brother or my buddies were somewhere they had those, we'd beat the hell out of eachother with them. didnt matter how hard you swung it, you couldn't kill a fly....

how about we just go one step further and make all schools and little league programs pay with plastic bats and whiffle balls. that ought to solve this probelm once and for all

Boston
05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
It's called cyanide... It fixes things like this.

Brent
05-19-2008, 05:02 PM

whiffle ball league