PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Dizon

The_Dude
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey Lions fans.

I'm about to start a FF IDP Dynasty League 2008 Rookie Draft.

I'm thinking about Dizon as one of my LB targets.

What's the local scoop on this kid? Will he start at MIKE? Will he start this year? How's he looking so far?

Any other info would be appreciated (and rep'd!)

~El Duderino

detroit4life
05-20-2008, 05:05 PM
from what i understand he will most likly start at SLB and Lenon will start at MLB. As the season goes on theres a chance he will move over but that will only be determined by how fast he picks up and understands the defense. I would be shocked if he wasnt a starter at all but I believe that Marinelli likes a veteran at MLB and Dizon may spend the entire year at SLB.

Addict
05-22-2008, 05:33 AM
from what i understand he will most likly start at SLB and Lenon will start at MLB. As the season goes on theres a chance he will move over but that will only be determined by how fast he picks up and understands the defense. I would be shocked if he wasnt a starter at all but I believe that Marinelli likes a veteran at MLB and Dizon may spend the entire year at SLB.

Isn't lenon a better SLB than MLB? If so maybe Marinelli will kick him outside. Regardless I think Dizon is undersized to play coverage against TE from the mid linebacker position, he'd probably be more effective on the outside.

TacticaLion
05-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Lenon is a much better fit for SLB than MLB (and Dizon was drafted to be our MLB), but there's a lot of knowledge and responsibility involved with running an NFL defense. Marinelli isn't sure if Dizon will have a grasp of the defense and doesn't want him to start there if he isn't ready.

I think Dizon will start in the middle (he's getting enough work in now to pull it off), but I wouldn't be surprised if Marinelli starts him at SLB for the first few games.

Just my thoughts.

detroit4life
05-27-2008, 09:54 AM
i dont think marinelli will start dizon at MLB to start off hes been saying all along that he does not want to start a rookie at MLB.DIzon must prove that he is able to play well with the added responsibilities of MLB

TacticaLion
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
i dont think marinelli will start dizon at MLB to start off hes been saying all along that he does not want to start a rookie at MLB.DIzon must prove that he is able to play well with the added responsibilities of MLB

No... Marinelli didn't say that he "does not want to start a rookie at MLB". He has said that the MLB takes a lot of knowledge and responsibility and he doesn't want to start a player there that isn't ready. Dizon has been working with the team and could be ready by the start of the season.

If Dizon doesn't start the season at MLB, he'll be the starter there before the end of the season (and, yes, he'd still be a rookie). It isn't his rookie status, but his knowledge and preparation, that's important for Marinelli.

Addict
05-27-2008, 02:17 PM
No... Marinelli didn't say that he "does not want to start a rookie at MLB". He has said that the MLB takes a lot of knowledge and responsibility and he doesn't want to start a player there that isn't ready. Dizon has been working with the team and could be ready by the start of the season.

If Dizon doesn't start the season at MLB, he'll be the starter there before the end of the season (and, yes, he'd still be a rookie). It isn't his rookie status, but his knowledge and preparation, that's important for Marinelli.

I don't mind Dizon as a player, but his height next to the also undresized Ernie Sims does worry me a bit.

TacticaLion
05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't mind Dizon as a player, but his height next to the also undresized Ernie Sims does worry me a bit.

Zach Thomas is Dizon's size (5'11"/228), yet he has had an incredible career. I'm not worried about Dizon's size at all... if he has the quickness, instincts, motor and passion that he seems to have, he'll have a great NFL career.

detroit4life
05-28-2008, 11:10 PM

thats why i said Dizon must prove that he is able to perform well with the added responsibilities. And i am pretty sur eive read that Marinelli prefers not to start rookies there, never said he wont because he isnt in the position to not play DIzon at MLB since theyre so thin at talent, but i do not believe he will start the season there.

Addict
06-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Zach Thomas is Dizon's size (5'11"/228), yet he has had an incredible career. I'm not worried about Dizon's size at all... if he has the quickness, instincts, motor and passion that he seems to have, he'll have a great NFL career.

Yeah but Zach Tomas wasn't playing next to a guy who was barely 6' like Dizon will.

eeth
06-22-2008, 01:39 AM
even though ernie is smaller i think it will be be ok. there may be times where its an issue but ernie is a great force and makes great and many tackles, and if dizon can follow suit maybe it wont be bad

Addict
06-22-2008, 07:23 AM
even though ernie is smaller i think it will be be ok. there may be times where its an issue but ernie is a great force and makes great and many tackles, and if dizon can follow suit maybe it wont be bad

Well 2 small guys (6') on a position where 6'2-6'3 is considered ideal should be at least a bit of a concern.

BufFan71
06-22-2008, 07:57 AM
London Fletcher is only 5'9

Addict
06-22-2008, 09:26 AM
London Fletcher is only 5'9

Not saying it isn't possible, just saying they are undersized.

eeth
06-22-2008, 11:40 AM
hopefully we can see before the year is over how this linebacker unit will perform with 2 smaller guys

Addict
06-22-2008, 11:43 AM
hopefully we can see before the year is over how this linebacker unit will perform with 2 smaller guys

Me too, I'm expecting them to do well, since both are gamers and... really 3 inches isn't that big a deal, IMO.

Iamcanadian
06-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah, every year we find a reason to hope that Millen's picks will somehow workout and every year they turnout to be very average at best or below average for the most part.
Besides the FACT that the Cover 2 must have a huge pass rush to be successful which requires a DL that can do the job, otherwise the back 7 who are asked to play in a zone defense are easily picked apart no matter who you put back there.
IMO, Dizon was a reach for need and has the talent of a 3rd rounder, that doesn't mean he won't pan out but the odds are suspect especially as he isn't going to get a whole lot of help from his DL.
Marinelli got screwed last year by Millen who supported Martz's desire for Johnson, now Marinelli is stuck with Roy and Johnson in an offense that intends to pound the ball, that's if Smith is capable. It is called having no plan with Marinelli now being asked finally to build the team his way 2 years after he was hired and inevitably Marinelli will suffer the same fate as all of Millen's other hires who he didn't provide players for.
Just a guess on my part but I believe we can look forward to the hiring of a 3-4 HC in Millen's next go around which means a total rebuilding of personel suitable for that defense. Just another typical Millen strategy for complete failure.

Brothgar
06-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Me too, I'm expecting them to do well, since both are gamers and... really 3 inches isn't that big a deal, IMO.

Must ... resist ... obvious ... joke... AHHHH!!!!!

Just so the post isn't a total waste. Dizon is the only pick I've never been sold on I'm starting to come around but ehhh I hope I'm wrong. Its just he's small and Dan Connor was on the board. Maybe he's Tommy Lucky (NAFFL fans ho!) but he will be compared to Connor forever now.

Prowler
06-28-2008, 02:59 PM
its not the size, its the motion in the zone defense that matters