PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on USC RB Stafon Johnson?

NOBLE
05-21-2008, 10:23 AM
He's my favorite runner out of that loaded backfield and I was wondering what you thought about him? I think that he's a first-round talent that can surprise people if given a chance.

DeathbyStat
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
JOhnson....bleh!....but stephon Green of psu thats the real deal

urinemonkey
05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Will he even start?

05-21-2008, 01:31 PM
It's gonna be difficult for both McKnight and Johnson to crack the first round splitting carries. But eh it's been done several times over the last few years and could very well occur again this year with Spiller and Davis over there at Clemson.

MetSox17
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
It's gonna be difficult for both McKnight and Johnson to crack the first round splitting carries. But eh it's been done several times over the last few years and could very well occur again this year with Spiller and Davis over there at Clemson.

So long as they both show that they have the talent and ability to play at the next level, i don't think it'll be a problem that they split carries. In fact, scouts should see that as a +.. Less tread on the tires. Don't forget about Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams

keylime_5
05-21-2008, 02:01 PM
I think McKnight and Johnson will be 1 and 2 respectively on their depth chart with Gable and Bradford and the others behind them. From what I understand Johnson is basically a runner and not a pass protector or anything else which is why he is not a starter.

Race for the Heisman
05-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I love him when he has the ball in his hands, its the other facets of the game that might bring him down.

Sniper
05-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I think McKnight and Johnson will be 1 and 2 respectively on their depth chart with Gable and Bradford and the others behind them. From what I understand Johnson is basically a runner and not a pass protector or anything else which is why he is not a starter.

I have heard Bradford has actually seperated himself from the pack a little bit in terms of being the leader.

BaLLiN
05-22-2008, 07:26 PM
he looked really good last year, as did McKnight from the few games i saw.

wicket
05-23-2008, 07:15 AM
To be honoust I like the guy, but I think McKnight is the better prospect and for a second back splitting the carries it is vital not to just be a poor-mans first back, you'd have to be a true power back or a massively quick back as a change of pace for the first back. I think he is neither and just hasn't got enough in him to be a main-go-to-runner. Obviously I could be wrong, however I'd give him a 2-3 round grade.

Brent
05-23-2008, 08:20 AM
and to think, they could probably all be stars elsewhere.

Unbiased
05-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't think he'll be a first rounder. If he comes out next year, I could see him picked close to where Jamal Charles was picked this year.

Vikes99ej
05-23-2008, 11:49 AM
and to think, they could probably all be stars elsewhere.

I'm sure the only reason they went to USC is because they offered them Escalades and tutors.

yourfavestoner
05-23-2008, 02:51 PM
I have heard Bradford has actually seperated himself from the pack a little bit in terms of being the leader.

**** ya, Bradford has always been my favorite player in their backfield. Dude is an absolute stud.