PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Perrilloux's OCD cause of trouble?

MetSox17
05-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't know how much this affected his time at LSU, but he speaks out, talks about different things from his time at LSU, to his new school, to some problems with his diagnosed OCD.

Anyone think this guy can still make a career out of football?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=809722

neko4
05-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I think he can make it and be sucessful in the NFL. just has to keep his head straight. Has all the talent in the world

diabsoule
05-21-2008, 04:52 PM
I think he's just blaming his drug use on his supposed OCD. He's not taking responsibility for his own actions and I don't buy it.

TigerBait45
05-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I feel the same way. The guy has consistently refused to accept responsibility for anything he did.

He has all the talent in the world but I wouldn't take a shot on him, personally.

757Dawg
05-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I think he's just blaming his drug use on his supposed OCD. He's not taking responsibility for his own actions and I don't buy it.
Bullseye.

One of the -- if not THE -- biggest problems in today's society is the fact that people flat out refuse to take personal responsibility. It's always someone or something else's fault. It's ridiculous.

Everyone has some kind of problem(s) that they have to deal with. That's called life.

GB12
05-21-2008, 06:04 PM
As far as I know OCD doesn't make you counterfit money or do any other of the moronic things he did.

CJSchneider
05-22-2008, 08:57 AM
He is another Cecil Collins; he makes too many poor choices for himself. He may be drafted, he may even play in the NFL, but he won't stay.

ammandss
05-22-2008, 09:17 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AhDFI0lx1twgTVwSIrLgE9k5nYcB?slug=jo-perrilloux052008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This is the original Yahoo! article in which he stated he was diagnosed with OCD.

badgerbacker
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
After reading the article, at least it doesn't sound like he's using that as an excuse for his troubles.

Addict
05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
After reading the article, at least it doesn't sound like he's using that as an excuse for his troubles.

Yeah he does make it look like it does.

umphrey
05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
As far as I know OCD doesn't make you counterfit money or do any other of the moronic things he did.

It's very possible actually. I would bet he's just using the disease as a crutch, or excuse, though.

Edit (clarification): It's very possible that it made him want to counterfeit money, but he still was lacking morals or logical thinking...

Staubach12
05-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I could see him being successful down the road if he keeps his head on strait. I'm still waiting for those three Heisman trophies.

Brent
05-22-2008, 04:31 PM
sounds like he's just blaming his stupidity on OCD, which is sad.

Hwoarang
05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I could see him being successful down the road if he keeps his head on strait. I'm still waiting for those three Heisman trophies.It's 4 but who's counting.

wicket
05-23-2008, 07:08 AM
The guy is just nuts (not concerning his OCD), if i was drafting I wouldn't touch him with a pole-vault-pole. He might be succesfull for a while in a minor school because talent isn't an issue with him. (he seems a poor mans JaMarcus Russel on basis of physical ability but he's got some less talent and heaps more issues) Blaming stuff like his OCD for his missbehaviour is just naive and the easy way out, even if you'd have any respect for him left, this sort excuse-seeking is just so weak that even if he does well I wouldn't be able to really suport him (bcos of the excuse seeking, not bcos of the behaviour itself,)
All and All: If you've been bad just take it like a man!

badgerbacker
05-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah he does make it look like it does.

"Perrilloux downplayed his struggles with OCD and did not cite it as a cause of his well-documented troubles."

I guess that's the main thing that stuck out for me in the article, but he does mention that it could be a reason for some of his personal problems.

MetSox17
05-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Well, in the end, that's what he gets for jewing Mack Brown and the 'Horns.

Have fun at Jax St. when you could have been competing for National Titles here ;)

LonghornsLegend
05-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Can he play WR? Because in this day and age, I highly doubt anyone gives him millions to lead their team after knowing his background...Guys with bad character are already starting to catch alot of heat in the draft process and these are positions that are not as important as QB...I just cant see any scenario where he ends up a QB, and some team gives him a huge contract, they will look foolish if he screws it up again, but it only takes one.

badgerbacker
05-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Have fun at Jax St. when you could have been competing for National Titles here ;)Keep in mind he did WIN a National Title at LSU even if he wasn't the starter...

TimD
05-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Can he play WR? Because in this day and age, I highly doubt anyone gives him millions to lead their team after knowing his background...Guys with bad character are already starting to catch alot of heat in the draft process and these are positions that are not as important as QB...I just cant see any scenario where he ends up a QB, and some team gives him a huge contract, they will look foolish if he screws it up again, but it only takes one.

Is he fast enough? I know he's fast, but for a QB, can he burn DBs?

Hwoarang
05-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Keep in mind he did WIN a National Title at LSU even if he wasn't the starter...We don't win one if he doesn't start the SECCG..

WCH
05-28-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't want to shatter people's Hollywood-conceived notions here, but if a person has a severe mental illness (such as genuine OCD) and their lives go to hell in a handbasket, then there is an almost 100% chance that the mental illness caused their life to fall apart. This ain't the movies, where luck and will power can allow people to earn six-figure salaries and win Nobel prizes, in spite of the fact that they have diseases of the brain -- diseases which we know are rooted in the biology of the brain itself.

That doesn't mean that he deserves a free pass to play in the NFL, but his collapse is 100% understandable when you consider that he's been going through life with a severe mental illness. Hopefully he stays on his medication and stays in therapy, and comes out of this with a college degree.