PDA

View Full Version : NEED VOTERS: Super Hero Draft: Team 1 vs. Team 3 (Round 2)

Shane P. Hallam
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Please vote on the team who would win a football game.

Rules:

All football penalties apply (PI, Offsides, Late Hit, etc,) except holding

Head Coaches cannot go on the field or throw/affect the field of play physically

Refs:
One-Above-All, Bob Saget, Chuck Norris, Ryan Leaf, Jordy Nelson

Team 1

QB - Taskmaster
Taskmaster has no super human powers, but he does have what he calls "photographic reflexes". After seeing some perform an action once, he can perfectly copy the action. He has used this ability to copy the fighting styles and skills of many heroes and villains, mixing them up and turning them into his own style. Some of the people he has copied styles/skills from include: Beast, Black Widow, Bullseye, Captain America, Cat, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Fist, Mister X, Ms. Marvel, Porcupine, Photon (Genis-Vell), Puma, Punisher, Quicksilver, Razorfist, Scarlet Witch, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Swordsman, Thing, Thor, Tigra, Toad, Vision, Wolverine and Zaran (In crossovers he has learned the skills of Batman and Huntress but it is unknown if he retains them in the normal Marvel Universe.)

RB - Illyana Rasputin
mutant power to generate teleporation energies in the form of stepping discs. Weaponry, fighting, and survival skills. -Mind Control (both humans and animals)
-Metamorphing (himself, others or objects. living or otherwise)
-Astral Projection
-Necromancy
-Generate and release concussive bolts of pure magic energy
-Creations of magical force fields
-Interdimensional travel
-Ability to generate and control fire
-Possession
-Dark force manipulation
-Creation of constructs purely of magical energies
and more

FB - The Tick
The Tick is super-strong. He is nigh-invulnerable which makes him able to withstand intense trauma, however it does not keep him from feeling pain. He also has a "drama power" which gives him the ability to make any situation more dramatic.

WR - The Flash
All of the various Flash incarnations share a few powers common to all of them. These include the ability to move superhumanly fast, increased reaction time, incredible stamina allowing him to run long distances without tiring, the ability to think at a superhuman rate to match his movements, wounds heal at a superhuman rate, ignoring certain laws physics such as friction and other laws related to movement. The Flash is also able to vibrate incredibly fast allowing to accomplish such feats as melting through ice.

WR - Quicksilver
Quicksilver was at first able to reach the speed of sound, which is about 770 mph, but exposure to the High Evolutionary's Isotope E made it possible for him to run at supersonic speeds of up to Mach 5, about 3805 mph. Using his super speed, Pietro was able to achieve various effects such as "out running gravity" for short periods, such as running across water or up walls. By running in circles, he could creates whirlwind vortexes of great intensity. He could vibrate his muscles extremely fast, creating destructive effects on anything he touched. He recently seems to have regained his original abilities.

TE - Dracula
Short
Dracula possessed the ability to alter his form such as
changing into a bat or into mist. He could control weather to a certain degree with the ability to manipulate thunderstorms, lightning, and summon fog. He possessed
tremendous hypnotic powers and was able to hypnotize people even of the strongest
wills. As Lord of the Vampires, he was also able to control any vampire.

In addition to his vampiric powers, Dracula was a highly skilled warrior, especially in the art of swordsmanship.

Super-Strength and Super Reflexes. (He once back handed Colossus, felling him with one blow) Dracula has command over several natural elements such as summoning storms and control over the lesser creatures (Bats, Rats and Wolves). Hypnosis, Immunity to psychic mind control, Shape Shifting, Super Healing,

LT - Blok
Short
Super-strength, near-invulnerability, can telepathically communicate with sentient rock-like beings, ability to increase mass

Still Short
Ability to increase Mass, Super Human Strength unknown amount, High Durability

LG - M
Short
Superhuman strength and speed, nigh-invulnerability, accelerated healing factor, flight, enhanced vision and hearing, telepathy, and the ability to perceive mutants' auras.

Monet has a multitude of powers, including: super-human strength- Monet is able to lift an excess of 10 tons. speed, agility, reflexes, coordination, balance, invulnerability and endurance. She has genius-level intelligence, night vision, enhanced hearing, a healing factor, some degree of immunity against toxins, a prolonged lifespan, mid-level telepathy, ability to sense and track mutants and is capable of self-propelled flight. She also can see mutant aurors.

Further she is able to merge with her siblings Marius (Emplate), Nicolette and Claudette to form new beings. For more on this see: M-Plate.

C - Doctor Doom
Short Version:
-Advanced knowledge and abilities in both science and magic.
-Powered armor that provides superhuman durability, strength, and flight, and incorporates various weaponry systems.

RG - Sumo
Powers: Sumo has hightend strength,stamina,and a resistance to injuries. His Flesh can absorb most impacts. He can also shift his weight in order to leap great distances.

RT - Nimrod
- Change Appearance
- Reconstruct self to "adapt"
- Energy Blasts
- Teleportation (limited)

DE - Thing
The Thing's skin has been turned into extremely durable rock. As a result, he has increased strength, density and ability to resist attack. He is able to lift 100 tons.
NT - Maestro
His default strength is twice that of Hulk. He is also smarter because of course he is in the future and more things have been exposed.

UT - Sasquatch
Sasquatch's strength is considered very high, but just how high depends on the writer. On certain occasions, he has been shown feats of strength rivaling the Hulk (such as lifting a navy destroyer!) Therefore, Sasquatch could potentially be ranked among the strongest superheroes.

In addition to strength, he has very high endurance, due to a healing factor. He has sharp claws and superhuman agility and stamina. His Sasquatch form is 10 feet tall and weighs 2000 lbs!

He is also a brilliant scientist to boot, specializing in radiation.

DE - Valkin
Valkin possesses super-human strength (in the class 50 range [class 50 = 25-50 tons), is able to move at the speed of sound and possesses the natural abilities of an Eternal, including virtual invulnerability. He's also able to project cosmic energy from his eyes or hands in the form of heat, light, concussive force or lightning-like electrical bolts. He has a low-level psychic ability, which allows him to cast illusions disguising his appearance and to read the mind of anyone with lesser psychic abilities.

SAM - Carnage
Carnage is a living symbiote, it has all of the powers of Venom but lacks the ability to reason or make decisions on its own. Unique to Carnage is its ability to suck a victim dry of its lifeforce.

MLB - He-Man
He-Man has extraordinary physical strength, speed and endurance, and is regarded as a charismatic leader. He has been shown capable of knocking over opponents with his breath, and even causing tornados by running incredibly fast. What is not known is how long he can remain in his He-Man form. At one point he is shown reverting back to Prince Adam after being hit but a powerful explosion, suggesting that there may be a limit to his power.

Most of his powers are gained through a mystical connection with Castle Grayskull, and Prince Adam can use the Sword of Power to transform into He-Man whenever those powers are needed. He also shares telepathic contact with the Sorceress of Grayskull through the sword.

WLB - Lizard

The Lizard has superhuman strength that gives him the abilty to lift about 12 tons. His speed, agility, and reflexes are equal to Spider-Man, although he has no Spider-Sense. He is amazingly tough, surpassing Spider-Man, and his skin is amazingly hard to puncture. He can regenerate limbs and his tail. Also, his tail is superhumanly strong. It is sharp, and can whip at 70 mph. He can scale walls, stick to things, and telepathically control all reptiles within one mile of him. He has normal human intelligence, and can excrete pheromones that cause humans to be more violent(this power was given to him by Green Goblin). As Curt Connors, he has no powers, but is a genius and is a world-famous herpetologist(scientist who studies reptiles).

CB - Ironfist

CB - Shocker
while he has no superhuman powers, Shocker has a pair of gauntlets that can release incredibly powerful vibration waves. At their lowest power setting, these vibration waves can knock a normal person off their feet. At their highest setting, they can vibrate a person's bones into jelly. Shocker also wears a heavily insulated suit that protects him from the effects of his own vibration waves, as well as attacks from enemies.

SS - The Adversary
The Adversary is a powerful demon of the highest order and possesses vast supernatural powers. He is essentially invincible to anything but the most powerful magic and metal. He has superhuman strength and endurance which, being magical in nature, are potentially incalculably high.

He can enter and leave different planes of existence and dimensions at will and has reality warping powers. He can also summon demons and other supernatural creatures to do his bidding.

FS - Hawkman
-Flight
-Super Strength
-More to be determined

K- Charlie Brown
Has no super human abilities
- Hilarity
- Hard worker
- Good Grief

HC Uatu the Watcher HC
Powers:
The Watchers are cosmic beings, who possess the innate ability to achieve virtually any effect desired, including augmenting personal attributes, time and space manipulation, molecular manipulation, energy projection and a range of mental powers. They also have access to incredibly advanced technology.

Gameplan

Defensive strategy

Against the Run – Nightcrawler’s ability is used by moving through an alternate dimension. Luckily I have a HC and a SS that have the ability to close transdimensional doorways which gives problems to the RG spot as well. Even if Nightcrawler is able to get through Adversary has the ability to also travel through a transdimensional doorway so there should be no instant touchdowns here. If this still is a problem I believe that Watcher has mind wipeing abilities (infact anytime a being that is not a member of the fantastic 4 sees him he must erase memories) so that is also a plan B if our plan A doesn’t work.

Against the Pass – Unlike my previous opponent this team does not have a super speed WR. So we should be able to blitz a bit and cause some disruption for Superman. I am afraid however that Copycat will attempt to copy the ability of one of my WRs and gain super speed thus I will have a double team on Copycat one above one below regardless. This does leave Hercules one on one with a LB or two but if Hercules beats us he beats us. The short pass up the middle should be disabled due to the 11 foot Sasquatch able to bat down any short passes up the middle. Although this time we have the ability to play man we will not completely go away from the zone coverages that we established in game 1.

Offensive strategy

Running game – I do have a teleporting mutant in Ilyana Rasputin but just like last time I believe that the other team will find a way to stop Ilyana’s teleporting abilities (likely via living tribunal or Mr. M ). If they don’t for some reason do so then Ilyana will be my number 1 option on all plays. Even with out her mutant ability she has many different magic abilities that should help in blocking and sheading tacklers (IE dark matter control, lightning bolts, and ability to travel between dimensions). The O-Line may still yet have some problems with the D-Line (although whenever you destroy Nimrod he comes back stronger and not even the mighty Grey/Summers family was able to defeat him) so some holes may be harder to open.

Passing game - The opponent’s secondary is fast The Runner is at least as fast as one of my WRs. Mr. M will have to decide which mutant he would like to quench my teleporter or my speed deamon WR (quick silver because Flash isn’t a mutant). But we will be doing 1 or 2 step drops and chucking it even getting Dracula into the passing game using The Flash as a deep decoy. Which should leave a soft quick out slant. Reverses are less likely this time because of the speed of the D-Line.

Special Teams – The Kick return game will of course be haneled by Flash and Quicksilver. Since we have no fear of a teleport TD from nightcrawler Charlie Brown can kick it deep.

Team 3

Offense (Singleback, 1TE, 3 WR, 1 RB)

QB Superman
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, senses, intelligence, regeneration, and longevity; super breath, heat vision, and flight

RB Nightcrawler
Teleportation, Enhanced night vision, Superhuman acrobat/gymnast, Prehensile tail, Ability to stick towalls, Blending into shadows, Skilled in martial arts, hand to hand combat and fencing training

WR Fury
Regeneration,
Energy blasts,
Adaptive learning & self-modification

WR Copycat <---- New
Shape-shifting,
Power mimicry
WR Zoom
Time manipulation in his reference frame

TE Hercules
Superhuman strength, stamina and durability
Immortality Skilled hand-to-hand warrior

LT Blink
Teleportation,
Disruption via partial teleportation
Stunning

LG Star Boy <---- New
Increases mass or gravity of an object

C Annihilus w/ Wields Cosmic Control Rod and Quantum Bands
Superhuman strength, stamina and durability Flight
Energy and molecular manipulation, ******** aging process, Quantum Bands

RG Spot
Ability to create portals that lead to an alternate dimension and instantly cross short distances

RT Goblin Queen
Telepathy, Telekinesis, Teleportation, Psionic energy absorption, Various mystical powers

Defense (4-3)

DE Champion of the Universe w/ Power Gem
Superhuman strength, endurance, agility and reflexes
Invulnerability
Master of countless fighting styles and martial arts forms

DT Kurse
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, and durability
Ability to mystically track and locate enemies over large distances

DT Atlas
Mass and size manipulation
Superhuman strength

DE Abomination
Superhuman strength, stamina and durability
Regenerative healing factor

OLB Despero <-- NEW
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, intelligence and flight
Vast psionic powers including telepathy, telekinesis, hypnotism, and teleportation

MLB Thanos w/ Power Gem
Superhuman strength, intellect, longevity, durability, stamina and reflexes
Energy and matter manipulation
Psionic powers
Teleportation

OLB Joseph
generation and manipulation of magnetic fields

CB The Runner
The Runner possesses the Power Primordial, cosmic energies leftover from the Big Bang that still remain in the universe. He can survive unaided in space with no need for food, air or water. The Runner's body has developed to survive space. He is virtually indestructible and his durability rivals that of the Silver Surfer's. He can also channel incredibly powerful blasts of energy from his head and influence the emotions of others. Due to his influence over emotions others usually find themselves "liking" the Runner in his presence even if he has wronged or betrayed them.
Though he appears virtually immortal and immune to aging, disease, poison, and conventional injury.
The Runner's primary ability is his speed. He can literally "run" many times faster-than-light speed under his own power using only his legs.

CB Longshot
Psychometry; Probability manipulation; Superhuman agility, speed and reflexes

FS Jean Grey
Telepathy; Telekinesis; Ability to travel unaided through space and time; Ability to psionically manipulate matter and any form of energy

SS Mr. M
Psionic manipulation of energy and matter on a subatomic level

RS Zoom
see above

K/P Speed Demon
Superhuman speed and reflexes

HC The Living Tribunal
Virtual Omnipotence,
prescience,
Omnipresent

Gameplan:

HC: The Living Tribunal will keep everything balanced, he will heal my guys and stop anything the Watcher will be planning. He will know how to attack and where to attack the Defense. He will stop the The Adversary summoning or using reality warping.

Defense: With the Champion of the Universe and his Power Gem, Taskmaster is gonna have pressure all day long. Champion who beat the Thing and guys like Silver Surfer should have no problem with Blok. My huge DTs will keep the middle of the field in check and with Dr Doom and Sumo in his interior i have no doubt they can cause havoc. His biggest threads will be his Receivers. But with The Runner as my CB, i dont have any doubts. The Runner is prolly the fastest guy in the marvel universe and can travel faster than the speed of light. With Quiksilver "only" being able to run at Mach 5 speed, The Runner could essentially cover the whole field. His Cosmic Awareness will be able to tell him where the ball is at all times preventing from costly trick plays like reverses or PAs. Longshot will have some lucky moments giving him the ball in his hands sometimes and his speed and agility is not that bad. My Safeties will try to keep his RB in check. Being 2 Omega Mutants they will try to stop here from teleporting or becoming intangible. despero should be able to handle the Tick easily and will help shut down the run giving Thanos the ability to cover Dracula. With Taskmaster, who wont have the great Arm Strenght to fully take advantage of his deep threats, will have a lot of problems with the Pass Rush will help me to get a lot of Turnovers.

Offense: I really doubt Maestro is able to be stronger than Hulk since he has no limits to his strenght, but he will be still a big problem. My TE was able to handle The Thing on his own before. Blink will help to move Maestro a little bit and confuse the defense. He can also help down the field with her teleportation spears Overall id say the DLine is not as strong as the last Dline i faced and my Oline should be able to handle the Rush. Copycat will take Joseph and the Runners's form and give Superman his deep threat. With Runners Speed and Zoom running by other people, Copycat and Zoom should be able to fly by Ironfist or Shocker (who will be disabled in the first play by "Joseph's" Power). Nightcrawler will cause havoc and should be able to score everytime he touches the ball. Fury will be able to analyze the defense and adjust his option routes to the defense and give superman a option underneath. Hercules will help with a big receiving target and will help to block Valkin. Starboy will slow down Sasquatch and so my Oline will help to focus the whole Blocking assignements to focus on 1-2 guys.

Shane P. Hallam
05-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Both teams have a good gameplan, I must say, so I have to go with the match-ups. Team 1 just seems to have some holes. I'm still not buying Taskmaster, and I think if anyone can hold these WRs in check, it will be Team 3. A damn good game, but if Team 3 can pass the ball, they may be deadly here.

Brothgar
05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Subscribed!

Shane P. Hallam
05-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Bizzump, need voters!