PDA

View Full Version : Canceled

neko4
05-22-2008, 06:09 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/slideshow/261/photos/1

Seems like ABC dominated when it came to cancelled shows!

Last week i heard mancow talking about how NBC doesnt relaate to Americans (it mightve been a repeat) but clearly NBC did the best

CashmoneyDrew
05-22-2008, 06:13 PM
I've never even heard of a major majority of those shows.

Hwoarang
05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
They canceled Cavemen. YES!

Finz99
05-22-2008, 06:16 PM
I actually enjoyed carpoolers. Kinda sucks its off the air now after only 1 season.

Staubach12
05-22-2008, 06:19 PM
No surprise Cavemen was canceled. That was a stupid idea in the first place. I'm sad to see Beauty and the Geek get canceled. That was a pretty good show.

Gay Ork Wang
05-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Beauty and the Geek :( that was a great show

Splat
05-22-2008, 06:22 PM
The only one that really upsets me is Jericho one of the few shows I watch week after week.:(

Or I guess I should say watched.

Go_Eagles77
05-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Cavemen was terrible.

MetSox17
05-22-2008, 06:28 PM
ABC ditched George Lopez to put on the stupid ass cavemen show, and that's what they get. A great comedian with a great show, in exchange for a canceled one.

Props to Karma.

JagHombre22
05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
The only one that really upsets me is Jericho one of the few shows I watch week after week.:(

Or I guess I should say watched.

there is still talk that the Sci Fi channel is going to pick it up....but who knows...there is a petition online that something like 100K people have signed...

Go_Eagles77
05-22-2008, 06:35 PM
lol I feel bad for the people who's show only lasted 1 episode.

The Dynasty
05-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Ive been watching Las Vegas TNT Lately its been good but its unrealistic. I dont like the guy they replaced James Caan.

Mr.Regular
05-22-2008, 06:47 PM
ABC ditched George Lopez to put on the stupid ass cavemen show, and that's what they get. A great comedian with a great show, in exchange for a canceled one.

Props to Karma.

More like they replaced a pile of crap with a bigger pile of crap.

Hwoarang
05-22-2008, 06:49 PM
More like they replaced a pile of crap with a bigger pile of crap.GL's show is decent. I watch it most nights on Nick @ Nite

Splat
05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
there is still talk that the Sci Fi channel is going to pick it up....but who knows...there is a petition online that something like 100K people have signed...

Do you have a link?

JagHombre22
05-22-2008, 06:55 PM
GL's show is decent. I watch it most nights on Nick @ Nite

same here....the Fresh Prince, George Lopez, and Home Improvement make for a great 3 hours of Nick @ Nite!

Hwoarang
05-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Do you have a link?

http://helpingjericho.blogspot.com/2008/02/jericho-to-sci-fi.html

All I could find. They did pickup the rerun rights as most know.

iworshipbender
05-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Is there ANY show (besides sports) on ABC that isn't targeted towards women? And don't say Lost, because I hate Lost.

JagHombre22
05-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Do you have a link?

this if the petition...
http://www.petitiononline.com/saveJeri/

this is the article that states the rumor...
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=50950

Xonraider
05-22-2008, 07:01 PM
I enjoyed carpoolers... thats a shame

Splat
05-22-2008, 07:04 PM
this if the petition...
http://www.petitiononline.com/saveJeri/

this is the article that states the rumor...
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=50950

Thanks that would be so sweet I don't watch to many shows so I would hate to lose this one.

iowatreat54
05-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Is there ANY show (besides sports) on ABC that isn't targeted towards women? And don't say Lost, because I hate Lost.

Lost

10 characters

neko4
05-22-2008, 07:22 PM

ABC is horrible, all of their shows suck ass

Canadian_kid16
05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
as long as CBS doens't cancel the Big Bang Theory anytime soon, I can go without most of these shows

neko4
05-22-2008, 07:33 PM
really? big bang theory? I guess im warming up to it
Shows i dont want to see get cancelled:
2 and a half men
How i met your mother
Simpsons
Family Guy
South Park
American Dad
Office
Earl
Scrubs (though it will be over next year)
30 Rock
King of the Hill

cdub11
05-22-2008, 07:43 PM
as long as CBS doens't cancel the Big Bang Theory anytime soon, I can go without most of these shows

i agree, kaley cuoco is hot

BigDawg819
05-22-2008, 08:00 PM
October Road was a good show, hate to see it go.

skinzzfan25
05-22-2008, 08:28 PM

Haha I love that show.

Brent
05-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Fox is the worst about shows getting canceled.

Finz99
05-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Speaking of canceled shows,

I think most of us can all agree that the biggest travesty was when Fox canceled Arrested Development.

Scientist McKnowitall
05-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Every time I see lists of canceled shows I always hope that Mind of Mencia is somewhere on the list and it never is. It is the worst show ever aired in the history of television.

roidrunner
05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
i happen to really like Eli Stone, i think it is a great show

GB12
05-22-2008, 10:34 PM
All those crappy K-Ville commercials we had to watch during football games and it's already canceled

adschofield
05-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Jericho was a fantastic idea for a show, just not to great acting or writing, although the story and plot overcame those downfalls

Hwoarang
05-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Every time I see lists of canceled shows I always hope that Mind of Mencia is somewhere on the list and it never is. It is the worst show ever aired in the history of television.Chances are we don't have MOM if Chappelle doesn't quit his show.

fischbowl
05-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Aliens in America was decent as was K-Ville.

Cane had so much potential......

Kind of surprised to not see the great Black Donnelly's on this list.

fischbowl
05-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Speaking of canceled shows,

I think most of us can all agree that the biggest travesty was when Fox canceled Arrested Development.

There is an official movie coming out that would alleviate our pain

A little video showing how everyone feels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_Y6Nn-70E&feature=related

CT Bronco Fan
05-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I've never even heard of a major majority of those shows.

That might explain why they were all canceled. =)

j05son
05-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Jericho and K-Ville are the only ones I'll miss.

I signed the Jericho petition as well...

my future me
05-23-2008, 01:25 AM
K-ville was just so full of itself. Oh no, we need to save the good people of New Orleans from companies trying to steal their neighborhood. Katrina. Katrina. Katrina.

They forgot to add "Secret Talents of the Stars" - cancelled before it finished one episode

brat316
05-23-2008, 01:32 AM
hahh Bionic Women ahahha

One show I didn't see on there was King Pin ran 1 season on NBC, i liked it but it waas pretty bad

tEk
05-23-2008, 02:50 AM
Never watched any of these shows till about a week ago.
Started watching Las Vegas. great show imho. delivers comedy, mystery, and sex of course. should not have been cancelled but hey i have seen 3 episodes, it gets worse?

iworshipbender
05-23-2008, 03:14 AM
hahh Bionic Women ahahhaI called this as I was watching those crappy commercials during football

On a side note, why do these idiot networks advertise their crappy women's shows during sports? I've yet to watch an ABC sports broadcast without the broads from desperate housewives blather on about their crappy show.

On another note, why do the networks feel they have to put a chick who knows absolutely nothing about sports on the sidelines of every game? Even Tony Kornheiser knows more about football than those chicks.

brat316
05-23-2008, 03:26 AM
I called this as I was watching those crappy commercials during football

On a side note, why do these idiot networks advertise their crappy women's shows during sports? I've yet to watch an ABC sports broadcast without the broads from desperate housewives blather on about their crappy show.

On another note, why do the networks feel they have to put a chick who knows absolutely nothing about sports on the sidelines of every game? Even Tony Kornheiser knows more about football than those chicks.

yeah seriously the marketing or adversting demographic is really off when they are airing commericals during a sporting event. Though they probably think ABC before MNF a family thing so women must be there. This way they get to hit women viewers during a peak time on their network about their shows so they loose little money. SNF doesn't have the family theme so you can't really do it just lame. I rather watch those lame ass beer commericals

iworshipbender
05-23-2008, 04:04 AM
yeah seriously the marketing or adversting demographic is really off when they are airing commericals during a sporting event. Though they probably think ABC before MNF a family thing so women must be there. This way they get to hit women viewers during a peak time on their network about their shows so they loose little money. SNF doesn't have the family theme so you can't really do it just lame. I rather watch those lame ass beer commericals

The advertising during MNF is way better than stations like WGN where ALL of the advertising is directed towards women, it's one soap and sponge commercial after another. At least you get some advertising towards men like beer commercials and Carl's Jr./Hardee's commercials.

My main complaint is that these networks have NO CLUE what their target demographic wants anymore. Network TV is the worst, it's one chick show after another, and when they DO have a show directed towards men (not ABC) they have to pimp it out during a sports broadcast as if their lives depended on it. Because if they didn't, then no men would know about the show. Unfortunately, they STILL advertise for their worthless women's shows during the broadcasts just in case the three people watching the sports broadcast who give a crap about those shoes didn't know they existed.

I seriously wonder if ABC actually thinks the people who watch a college football game are the same people who watch desperate housewives or brothers and sisters or any of the plethora of idiotic shows that they run.

trkaline
05-23-2008, 04:09 AM
No!!!!!!!1 Not Beauty and The Geek! I actually dig that show darnit....now I gotta find some other mindless dribble to occupy my mind...

Splat
05-23-2008, 08:01 AM
I signed the Jericho petition as well...

Woot! Thats right dam the man fight the power!

wicket
05-23-2008, 08:09 AM
I don't really like Las Vegas being cancelled although the show had lost a bit of the more early vibe. But I mainly HATE seing New Amsterdam go. It was a brilliant show, just brilliant.

trkaline
05-23-2008, 08:12 AM
I think the only show i've watched on that network in the last couple of years was infact B.A.T.G. nev er seen any of that other stuff...scratch that BRING BACK GEORGE LOPEZ!!!!!

AkiliSmith
05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
As long as Heroes doesn't get cancelled, nobody gets hurt.

Kurve
05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
some of these were shows when did they go on because other then 2 - 3 i havent heard any of them. I thought i watched a moderate amount of tv i guess i was wrong.

Xiomera
05-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Fox is the worst about shows getting canceled.

That's because they never say no to a new show premise. They will do a show about anything.

"Oh, so you want to make a show about a convicted rapist who gets out of jail and turns his life around selling ice cream to kids out of a truck? . . . that ought to last a month. It's a feel good story about redemption. DO IT!"

:confused:

Whistler6
05-24-2008, 05:14 PM

word. I love The Big Bang Theory...That and How I Met Your Mother, makes my Monday nights

Canadian_kid16
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
i agree, kaley cuoco is hot

always a plus ;) , but the way its written is the reason I watch, all the nerdy humour is awesome

Canadian_kid16
05-24-2008, 05:26 PM
word. I love The Big Bang Theory...That and How I Met Your Mother, makes my Monday nights

double post

two words: Schrödinger's cat most brilliant idea in any show I've ever seen (I don't watch much TV, so take that with a grain of salt)