PDA

View Full Version : USC RB Marc Tyler

Thunder&Lightning
05-23-2008, 08:26 AM
What is the situation with USC's RB Marc Tyler he was ESPN's #3 ranked High School prospect and I havent heard much about him probably due to Joe Mcknight. I know he was recovering from a broken leg last year but will he get any playing time this year...?

Brent
05-23-2008, 08:29 AM
that backfield is so loaded, why do these kids go there if they are going to be buried on the depth chart? I know it's USC and all but there are so many decent schools they could just show up at and be the starter.

BigJohn98
05-23-2008, 08:35 AM
He redshirted this year. Probably won't see him for a while due to the other 478 running backs ahead of him.

reigle9
05-23-2008, 09:07 AM
There was always talk of him possibly moving to LB before he even got to USC. I don't know follow USC so I don't know if that's still a possibility or not.

Unbiased
05-23-2008, 11:31 AM
The depth chart will look something like this:

1. Stafon Johnson
2. Joe McKnight
3. C.J. Gable
4. Marc Tyler
5. Broderick Green

If you want to count Bradford, put him in at 3 or 4. I'd say assuming there are no injuries, Tyler gets 10-20 carries this year.

BamaFalcon59
05-23-2008, 11:41 AM
He, along with two or more others on that list, needs to transfer.

Unbiased
05-23-2008, 11:43 AM
He, along with two or more others on that list, needs to transfer.

Or change position. But they're stacked at LB. So Gable could move to CB to replace Harris/Pinkard. There was talk of that last year.

TouchdownUSC
05-23-2008, 05:03 PM

1. Stafon Johnson
2. Joe McKnight
3. C.J. Gable
4. Marc Tyler
5. Broderick Green

If you want to count Bradford, put him in at 3 or 4. I'd say assuming there are no injuries, Tyler gets 10-20 carries this year.

Is Stafon our starter next year? Im cool with that but I also heard at one point it was CJ Gable. I'd be fine with seeing Gable play corner though because it would add even more speed to the defense are corner is probably our weakest position.

Zyro_1014
05-23-2008, 10:35 PM
right now the most likely thing will be that they move Gable to Corner and go with Stafon and McKnight as there main guys, try to get Tyler some carries but i expect that next season they will go back to the Thunder and Lightning with McKnight and Tyler.....SCARY!

TouchdownUSC
05-23-2008, 10:50 PM
im okay with that. i think stafon would be the ideal tailback for the starting job because he can pickup the tough yards but also has good break away speed and from time to time can break some nice moves. i'd say at this point he is the best way to go. my only question is i havent seen much of his receiving skills but i guess that's not a deal breaker for me anyways.

Unbiased
05-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Is Stafon our starter next year? Im cool with that but I also heard at one point it was CJ Gable. I'd be fine with seeing Gable play corner though because it would add even more speed to the defense are corner is probably our weakest position.

That's what I'm hearing. If Gable moves to corner and Stafon possibly leaves, it would make the depth chart for the 2009 season:

1. Joe McKnight
2. Allen Bradford
3. Marc Tyler
4. Broderick Green

Which is much more realistic.

If I had to pick the guy most likely to transfer, it would be Green, and not just because he's last on the depth chart. He said he had his mind made up the morning of National Signing Day to go to Penn State, and a phone call from Pete Carroll changed his mind. I'm not saying he's going to transfer to penn State, but it shows how much he can be persuaded by an excellent recruiter.

Unbiased
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM
im okay with that. i think stafon would be the ideal tailback for the starting job because he can pickup the tough yards but also has good break away speed and from time to time can break some nice moves. i'd say at this point he is the best way to go. my only question is i havent seen much of his receiving skills but i guess that's not a deal breaker for me anyways.

Just bring in McKnight for those plays. ;)

Unbiased
05-23-2008, 10:56 PM
right now the most likely thing will be that they move Gable to Corner and go with Stafon and McKnight as there main guys, try to get Tyler some carries but i expect that next season they will go back to the Thunder and Lightning with McKnight and Tyler.....SCARY!

Where do you think Bradford fits in? At FB? What does that mean for Havili?

Don Vito
05-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Where do you think Bradford fits in? At FB? What does that mean for Havili?

Didn't Bradford get moved to LB?

thebow305
05-24-2008, 11:28 AM

1. Stafon Johnson
2. Joe McKnight
3. C.J. Gable
4. Marc Tyler
5. Broderick Green

Yeah, Bradford will most likely be above Tyler and Green on the depth chart. Maybe even Gable too.

Unbiased
05-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Didn't Bradford get moved to LB?

Not that I'm aware of. Unless this is very recent.

Sniper
05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I read somewhere (I forget where) that Bradford had actually taken the lead in the race for the starting TB spot. I don't know if it's true, but if so, it shakes things up a bit.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-25-2008, 04:15 PM
I know the coaching staff really loves Bradford but nowhere have I heard that he is the starter.

TouchdownUSC
05-25-2008, 06:57 PM
I know the coaching staff really loves Bradford but nowhere have I heard that he is the starter.

yeah, i actually heard some quote from ESPN that Caroll believes he is the next great SC tailback or something like that.

urinemonkey
05-27-2008, 09:45 AM
that backfield is so loaded, why do these kids go there if they are going to be buried on the depth chart? I know it's USC and all but there are so many decent schools they could just show up at and be the starter.

Like Darrell Scott going to Colorado