PDA

View Full Version : Sammie Stroughter as a draft prospect?

LonghornsLegend
05-23-2008, 02:56 PM
How do you guys feel about him and a return man or slot WR? Here is an excellent article I found on him I suggest you read about what he went through last year and his time off from the team...It sounds like he really has his head on straight now after his depression and he's ready to play football again, I remember his coming out part of sorts in their upset over USC where he was making plays all over the place.

But anyone who wasn't sure of what happened to him, or why he took so much time off, the article covers it all.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/05/14/stroughter/index.html?eref=T1

Paranoidmoonduck
05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
If he comes back and is the Sammie Stroughter the Pac-10 remembers, then I don't see why not. Assuming he can convince NFL teams that his past issues are behind him (which he can probably do just by going out and playing like he used to), he's at the very least a very intriguing kick return guy.

I've always liked watching Sammie play. Good to hear we'll see him on the field again.

Mr. Stiller
06-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I love Straughter. He reminds me of Hines in the sense he's gifted with less than amazing tools but is such a hard worker and a guy that coaches love.

I'd take him within reason of his draft status.