PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bulls

bearfan
05-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Since there is a Cubs/Sox thread, why not a Bulls one.

So what do you guys think? Rose or Beasly?

Personally, I think Rose would be better from everything I have read on him. Plus, we already have guys down low (Thomas, Noah, Deng, Gooden), so I dont see a need for a lower post guy.

regoob2
05-23-2008, 11:30 PM
I really dont know. This is a bad year to have the #1 pick.

CashmoneyDrew
05-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Since there is a Cubs/Sox thread, why not a Bulls one.

So what do you guys think? Rose or Beasly?

Personally, I think Rose would be better from everything I have read on him. Plus, we already have guys down low (Thomas, Noah, Deng, Gooden), so I dont see a need for a lower post guy.

I don't follow the NBA much but from what I understand none of those guys are anything to write home about except for Deng, and doesn't he play SG or SF?

awfullyquiet
05-23-2008, 11:51 PM
i care not.

BeerBaron
05-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Rose and a half. Just what the doctor ordered for the Bulls I think...

VoteLynnSwan
05-24-2008, 12:10 AM
I really dont know. This is a bad year to have the #1 pick.

what? Derrick Rose is probably the best PG prospect to come out in a long time... and Michael Beasley could quite possibly become one of the most athletic, and most prolific scoring big men in the NBA... This is a great year to have the #1 pick.

I really think the pick should be Derrick Rose... we need a game changer who has the ball in his hands. We have a number of good solid roll player types... we need that one superstar. Obviously Beasley could be that guy too... but i want someone who has the ball in his hands.

skinzzfan25
05-24-2008, 12:13 AM
I think they should try to trade out of it for a true low post player. But I don't think they want to be the team that passes on Rose, so I think they take him.

DaBears9654
05-24-2008, 05:45 PM
The Bulls need some perimeter offense, so, whoever can provide that would be just hunky-dory for me.

Smokey Joe
05-24-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't care for basketball, but we should pick Rose for the sole fact of him being a chicago native and all.

Bearsfan123
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Rose. Bring home the mature, true point that can lead the team.

DaBears0530
05-25-2008, 12:32 PM
i personally think rose. if you look at all the good teams right now most of them have a great point guard. the bulls right now do not have any true point guards. i believe beasley is a "cant miss" but he just doesnt really make sense since they've drafted forwards in the past few drafts.

Smokey Joe
05-25-2008, 02:09 PM
what do you do about Hinrich/Gordon with Rose?

regoob2
05-25-2008, 07:32 PM
what do you do about Hinrich/Gordon with Rose?Keep Gordon if he will stay for cheap, otherwise I'd get rid of both of them.

regoob2
05-25-2008, 08:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvHrqM0TYj5hOAq61ikmQrEQmNIF?slug=ap-bulls-noaharrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

Noah arrested for weed.

BeerBaron
05-25-2008, 08:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvHrqM0TYj5hOAq61ikmQrEQmNIF?slug=ap-bulls-noaharrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

Noah arrested for weed.

every time i hear of someone getting arrested for weed i say "eh"

better that than beating their wife or fighting dogs.....

regoob2
05-25-2008, 08:19 PM
I have no idea why we took him in the first place.

BeerBaron
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
I have no idea why we took him in the first place.

we let matt millen make a guest pick or something apparently

regoob2
05-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I was hoping we could get Yi.

LonghornsLegend
05-26-2008, 03:06 PM
You have to take Rose, hometown guy, not only that Chicago has alot of scorers that get that much bette with Rose; Deng, Gordon, Thomas(think Chandler with CP3)...Those guys could use a PG of his caliber, add in Beasley and you still don't have as good of chemistry on team...They would regret passing on Rose I believe, and thats probably an ideal situation for Rose.

Scary to think how good Gordon or Deng could become with Rose at the helm.

regoob2
05-26-2008, 03:37 PM
I agree I think Rose will be the pick.

Hurricane Ditka
05-28-2008, 04:17 PM

Noah arrested for weed.
Who gives a ****? It's just ******* pot.

Smokey Joe
05-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I hate the fact we took that ugly ass goofy bastard in the first place.

LonghornsLegend
05-29-2008, 07:59 AM

Lmao...Honestly he looks like a good role player, granted I haven't seen anything from him that makes him a lottery selection, but he is good on the offensive glass, plays with alot of emotion and can play great D at times...I like him coming off the bench and providing a good impact, similiar to Varejao for the Cavs.

Bearsfan123
05-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Doug Collins looks to be our coach. Thoughts?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Doug Collins looks to be our coach. Thoughts?

He is a brilliant basketball mind.. No one will deny this.

He is also great at developing young talent and loves to teach. Which is huge.

Former Collins and Bulls assistant Johnny Bach told Halberstam, "If you could call 30 timeouts a game, he'd win every game."

Bearsfan123
05-29-2008, 10:42 PM
thats an awesome quote. If thats true about talent development then hes a great choice. I heard that his offense is vanilla, and not very creative, is it true?

awfullyquiet
05-29-2008, 11:28 PM

agreed. he's really a waste of space i believe. and he's dumb as a broom.

Collins will be a fantastic coach.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-30-2008, 02:06 AM
agreed. he's really a waste of space i believe. and he's dumb as a broom.

Collins will be a fantastic coach.

You do not know anything about basketball if you think Noah is horrible.

As for Collins offense - He just runs pro sets isn't really an innovator like D'Antoni, but is solid nonetheless.

MidwayMonster31
06-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Definitely Rose.
Point guard was a problem for the Bulls since Hinrich struggled, and you're not going to tell me that Duhon can start for a good team. He makes a solid backup.
Rose can command the team and be the go-to-guy when the game is close. Out of the Bulls' 2 "leaders" last year, one of them (Wallace) was a total cancer, and the other one (Griffin) has no business on an NBA roster.
Beasley is probably the most talented player in the draft. But I don't see him making his teammates better, and I don't see him being "the guy". He should be an excellent fantasy player, but that's it. Plus, if the Bulls pick Rose, they can trade their guards for post players.

awfullyquiet
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
You do not know anything about basketball if you think Noah is horrible.

As for Collins offense - He just runs pro sets isn't really an innovator like D'Antoni, but is solid nonetheless.

No. I think he's a waste of space. A talented, but severely underachieving waste of space.

Bearsfan123
06-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Where can I find the workout numbers from the pre-draft camp? Some articles reference them but I cant seem to find them. Specifically, Rose's, Beasley's, and Mayo's heights as well as Thompson's weight.

MidwayMonster31
06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Where can I find the workout numbers from the pre-draft camp? Some articles reference them but I cant seem to find them. Specifically, Rose's, Beasley's, and Mayo's heights as well as Thompson's weight.http://nbadraft.net/2008nbapredraftcamp006.asp

BeerBaron
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
http://nbadraft.net/2008nbapredraftcamp006.asp

would like to see some of those shoes that add an inch and half, lol

Bearsfan123
06-03-2008, 11:54 PM
So Derrick is 6'2" and Beasley is 6'8". Interesting.

regoob2
06-04-2008, 12:19 AM
I hope we can trade for Wade and the #2 pick and grab Beasley.

BeerBaron
06-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I hope we can trade for Wade and the #2 pick and grab Beasley.

uhhhhhh.....

maybe it would be easier if you just became a Heat fan in that case

MidwayMonster31
06-04-2008, 03:54 PM
If there was nothing wrong with Wade, then Miami wouldn't trade him, no matter what. He's played in 51 games last year, and it wouldn't surprise me if he plays in 30 or less games next year. Shoulder dislocations only get worse and more frequent.

MidwayMonster31
06-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Now, the Bulls have offered Suns assistant GM, Vinny Del Negro, the head coaching job. Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3433896)
The Bulls could turn into a running team, but they offer the job to a guy with zero coaching experience, so this should be interesting.

derza222
06-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Out of the guys we were looking at this is an interesting hire. Seems like the guy that is going to have a passion for coaching. I certainly hope we are a running team as that is what our offensive personnel is best suited for. Plus most of our guys are good defensive players, so it's not like we'd be giving up a ton of points. I'd guess with the guys we have now and assuming we take Rose our long term starting lineup would be:

Noah
Thomas
Deng
Sefalosha
Rose

Unless we keep Gordon, Deng is really our only established scorer so we would need somebody to break out and probably be a #1 option as Deng is best suited as a complimentary guy IMO. Obviously for now barring a trade we'll have some vets that are going to take play time (Gooden, Noc, Hughes, Hinrich, Gordon) and we have some pieces for down the road (scoring combo guard off the bench in Curry if he develops, Gray as a big body, Cedric Simmons if we retain him as a 4 off the bench, Shannon Brown as an athletic 2 if we keep him around) and Duhon I believe is leaving. I do think Gordon is going to be on the move this summer, maybe we can sneak back into the first (Portland?) and try and grab a big or an athletic shooter. Hinrich could be on the move as well though I don't know how much we could get for him.

regoob2
06-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Lets bring in Arenas!!!

Bearsfan123
06-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Lets bring in Arenas!!!

ugh i hope thats a joke.

regoob2
06-11-2008, 10:33 PM
ugh i hope thats a joke.
why? we need a scorer.

iowatreat54
07-01-2008, 06:32 PM
doubtful we start Thabo over Hinrich...even though it will never happen, I'm still holding out hope that we do a sign and trade with the Clippers for Brand

if not, this is how I see our starting lineup as of right now:
1. Rose
2. Hinrich
3. Deng
4. Gooden
5. Noah

hopefully TT has a breakthrough and can start, move Gooden to C/coming off the bench

also, I doubt we move Hinrich seeing as he is our only reliable ball handler and with a rookie PG we def. need a proven PG to back him up