PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 SEC Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cigaro
05-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Noticed there were threads for other conferences, but not this one. And seeing as how this is the conference my team(South Carolina Gamecocks) is in, I decided to make one.

Hwoarang
05-26-2008, 12:41 PM
LSU it teh Rox0rzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cigaro
05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Here's my All-SEC Preseason:

QB:
Tim Tebow, Florida

RB:
Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
Arian Foster, Tennessee

WR:
Percy Harvin, Florida
Kenny McKinley, South Carolina

TE:
Cornelius Ingram, Florida

OL:
Michael Oher, Ole Miss
Ciron Black, Louisiana State
Herman Johnson, Louisiana State
Andre Smith, Alabama
Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas

--------------------------------------------------------------

DL:
Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn
Tyson Jackson, Louisiana State
Jeff Owens, Georgia

LB:
Darry Beckwith, Louisiana State
Brandon Spikes, Florida
Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina

DB:
Captain Munnerlyn, South Carolina
Eric Berry, Tennessee
Emmanuel Cook, South Carolina
Rashad Johnson, Alabama

--------------------------------------------------------------

K:
Ryan Succop, South Carolina

P:
Ryan Shoemaker, Auburn

RS:
Brandon James, Florida

Heres my standings predictions as well:

Overall:
1. Georgia
2. Auburn
3. Louisiana State
4. Florida
5. South Carolina
6. Alabama
7. Tennessee
8. Mississippi State
9. Arkansas
10. Kentucky
11. Vanderbilt
12. Ole Miss

SEC East:
1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. South Carolina
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. Vanderbilt

SEC West:
1. Auburn
2. Louisiana State
3. Alabama
4. Mississippi State
5. Arkansas
6. Ole Miss

Cigaro
05-26-2008, 12:47 PM
LSU it teh Rox0rzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they had Perrilloux...

Seriously though, I think if they can get just Matt Flynn type play from one of their quarterbacks, they'd probably overtake Auburn in my standings.

Sniper
05-26-2008, 12:49 PM
SECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first of many posts like that...Get used to it.

I<3 Andre Smith. I think he's a man stud who will go in the top 20 this year, assuming he keeps his weight under control.

YAYareaRB
05-26-2008, 12:51 PM
i expect a breakout year for dj moore cb, vanderbilt

Geo
05-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Good to see this thread up.

And good call on Georgia, they probably do look like the team to win the conference this year, thanks a great deal to consistency/quality at quarterback. Here's their schedule:

08/30/08 Georgia Southern Eagles
09/06/08 Central Michigan Chippewas
09/13/08 at South Carolina Gamecocks
09/20/08 at Arizona State Sun Devils
09/27/08 Alabama Crimson Tide
10/11/08 Tennessee Volunteers
10/18/08 Vanderbilt Commodores
10/25/08 at LSU Tigers
11/01/08 Florida Gators (Jacksonville, FL)
11/08/08 at Kentucky Wildcats
11/15/08 at Auburn Tigers
11/29/08 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Good to have Alabama at home, I think they could be the second-best team in the SEC this year. Depends on how much Florida's young budding defense will have progressed through now.

Sniper
05-26-2008, 01:16 PM

And good call on Georgia, they probably do look like the team to win the conference this year, thanks a great deal to consistency/quality at quarterback. Here's their schedule:

08/30/08 Georgia Southern Eagles
09/06/08 Central Michigan Chippewas
09/13/08 at South Carolina Gamecocks
09/20/08 at Arizona State Sun Devils
09/27/08 Alabama Crimson Tide
10/11/08 Tennessee Volunteers
10/18/08 Vanderbilt Commodores
10/25/08 at LSU Tigers
11/01/08 Florida Gators (Jacksonville, FL)
11/08/08 at Kentucky Wildcats
11/15/08 at Auburn Tigers
11/29/08 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Good to have Alabama at home, I think they could be the second-best team in the SEC this year. Depends on how much Florida's young budding defense will have progressed through now.

Yikes. That's a hard schedule.

504 to ATL
05-27-2008, 04:47 AM
Noticed there were threads for other conferences, but not this one.

Its because the SEC doesn't need one, the conference already gets enough respect nationwide. Just let the teams play do the talking.

Don Vito
05-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I don't think Ole Miss will finsih last in the SEC, I think they will have a good year. We finally have a coach, a quarterback, and a lot of talent. The Rebels played very close games against good teams like LSU, Florida, Alabama, and Auburn last season with an incompetent head coach and no QB. They should at least get be .500 in my opinion.

QB Sophmore Jevan Snead, a Texas transfer and fromer top 100 recruit, will probably be the most important player on the team thise year. Poor QB play has killed us since Eli Manning left. Brent Schaeffer was a great talent who was thrown into the fire and never recovered aside from so flashes of brilliance late last season. There isn't much behind snead for depth, but coach Houston Nutt intends to use WR Dexter McCluster as an option QB in the way he used Darren McFadden at Arkansas.

RB Junior Cordera Eason will be the starter going into the season. The 6-1 240 Eason is a physical runner with speed. He was a top recruit out of high school but didn't see the field much behind BJGE. Enrique Davis, a five star recruit, should see the field in his first season in Oxford. Devin Thomas and Brandon Bolden are two other freshmen who could see the field this year. Bolden is a pwerful back and Thomas, a high school Army All-American, is a speedy well rounded back.

FB Senior Jason Cook could be the top FB in the SEC, he is a great blocker and is used as a receiver quite often. Sophmore Derrick Davis is a FB/RB tweener who will play at both spots.

TE Tight end is arguably the biggest area of concern for the Rebels after losing their top 3 TEs last year. JUCO signee Gerald Harris is a great athlete the Rebels #1 TE, but he will be thrown into the fire. David Traxler is the #2 and he is essentialy and extra offensive lineman. Reggie Hicks is a receiving option for Snead. Freshmen Ferbia Allen and EJ Epperson are big and athletic, but will probably need to bulk up and learn since they are so raw. They both are promising players.

WR One of the Rebels strongest positions. Senior Mike Wallace is a big play guy who will join talented junior Shay Hodge to form a strong starting duo. Junior Dexter McCluster will be the slot receiver, he is the Rebles big play guy whether he is at receiver, running back, returner, or quarterback. McCluster lacks size but is fast, smart, and tough. Markeith Summers and Lionel Breaux are talented sophmores who impressed Nutt a lot and will see some playing time this year. Mike Hicks is a big, physical senior who was clutch last season, especially in the red zone. Freshman Andrew Harris was a big recruit who has impressed the coaches with his size (6-4 200) and raw speed. Freshman Melvin Harris is 6-7 200 pounds and could be a factor as a freshman.

OL Senior LT Mike Oher is the leader of the OL and could be the nation's best lineman. Oher has it all and has been a dominant player while starting since a freshman for Ole Miss. Junior LG Reid Neely had a strong season last year and should be great next to Oher. The Rebels lost their top two centers this year, and guard Daverin Geralds was moved to center and will start. Senior Darryl Harris moved from tackle to start at RG, the coaches have been impressed by Harris this pre-season. Junior John Jerry moved from RG to RT after an impressive sophmore season, he could be an all-SEC player this year.

DL Probably the Rebels strongest unit. All-American junior Greg Hardy is an off the charts athlete who gets it done on the field as well, but is listed as the #2 RE behind talented 6-5 245 pound sophmore Kentrell Lockett. Hardy was listed as the #2 end last season as well but he still led the SEC in sacks despite missing 3 games. Lockett and Hardy are both gifted athletes who know how to get to the QB from the RE spot. Junior LE Marcus Tillman is extremely talented at 6-4 270 pounds. He has been a force since his freshman year. Emmanuel Stevens is a talented JUCO signee who will provide depth at end, he is primarily a pass rusher. 6-2 300 pound senior UT Peria Jerry was all-SEC last year and could be one of the nations top DTs this year. 6-2 305 pound sophmore NT Ted Laurent was a big time recruit who saw limited action last year. Sophmore Lawon Scott is coming off an impressive freshman campaign, he and redshirt freshman Justin Sanders will provide depth at DT.

LB This is an undersized but incredibly athletic unit that looks to be the best group of LBs the Rebels have seen in a while. Ashlee Palmer led the Rebels in tackles last year and looks to start at WLB. Palmer is a converted safety and is one of the teams best athletes at 6-2 225 pounds. Sophmore Allen Walker is another converted safety at SLB. Walker has blazing speed at 6-1 215 pounds and looks to impress after getting his first opportiunity to live up to his super recruit status. Junior MLB Jonathan Cornell is another great athlete at 6-1 225 and he takes over for last years starter, Tony Fein. Fein is a thumper at 6-3 250 who will see the field, but he fell out of favor with Nutt and lost the starting job. Ex-Auburn signee Patrick Trahan will be an important depth player. He is 6-2 230 with great speed and can play all 3 spots, he may end up starting by the end of the season. This group will be exciting and fun to watch, there are some great athletes at LB for the Rebels.

DB Senior SS JaMarca Sanford leads the secondary, a unit that has struggled for the Rebels for a while. This unit is improved and Sanford looks to anchor the defense as a tough, physical, and smart leader. Sophmore Jonny Brown had an exceptional freshman year and he locked up the FS job, Brown can also play corner. Junior Marshay Green was an explosive WR and returner last season, but was shifted to corner and emerged as the Rebels #1 CB. Green is an exceptional athlete at 5-11 185 and I am curious to see him at corner. Junior Cassius Vaughn will start opposite Green, he impressed coaches in the spring enough to earn a starting job. Senior Dustin Mouzon will be an important player for the Rebs, he is a solid cover guy. Sophmore UCLA transfer Jeremy McGee moved from RB to CB and is listed as the teams #4 corner now. Senior Terrell Jackson is the secondary's jack of all trades and can provide depth at every position. The Rebels have a ton of depth in the secondary, but there is a lack of proven players there.

Special Teams Junior Joshua Shene had an OK season after being a freshman All-American two years ago. He will be the starting kicker. Senior Rob Park and junor Justin Sparks are battling for the punter job. Marshay Green is the teams punt returner again after moving from WR to CB, he took one to the house against LSU last year. Green, Dexter McCluster, and Mike Wallace should all see time returning kicks and punts.

SCHEDULE

Memphis Should be a win

at Wake Forest Will be a tough game, I think we will win

Samford Should be a win

Vandy Vandy lost its top players, should be a win

at Florida The Gators are tough, but it was a one score game last year and we should play well but I say loss

South Carolina I think this will be a great game, but I will say loss

at Bama We played Bama well last year, but lost in the games final seconds due to a close call by the refs. I'll say loss.

at Arkansas Nutt's return to Arkansas will have the Hogs fired up but I think we will win.

Auburn Another game we should have one but made mistakes in the final minutes. I think we win at home.

Louisiana Monroe Should be a win.

at LSU Was a great game last year, tied at the half. Poor coaching prevented the upset. I'll say loss.

Miss. St. Last year's Egg Bowl was another close game the came down to coaching and Orgeron blew it. We will win at home this year.

The Rebels should be around 6-6 but I would not be suprised to see the team have a winning record. This team was better than the record indicated last year, and when you consider the team has a better coach and much more talent and experience, this team has a chance to be good. Anyone who saw the Rebs play last year knows they had a few games where they nearly pulled off the ridiculous upset, I think this year the Rebels show thay they can play in the SEC led by Jevan Snead and Houston Nutt. This team is talented and I say they go 7-5, but could be better.

fenikz
05-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't have any favorites in the SEC but it is my favorite conference to watch and i believe it is the best football in the country. Personally this year i am pulling for Miss. State, Croom is one of my favorite coaches and he is bringing in just enough talent to surprise some people. Antonio Dixon is a beat at RB and it wouldn't surprise me if he was right up there with Moreno at seasons end.

BTW I will be having a Fantasy SEC Football League, for any of you who are devote SEC fans PM me, it won't be 1st come 1st serve because I want reliable posters, but it should be fun

Sniper
05-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Its because the SEC doesn't need one, the conference already gets enough respect nationwide. Just let the teams play do the talking.

Oh dear....

Cigaro
05-27-2008, 03:17 PM
SCHEDULE

Memphis Should be a win

at Wake Forest Will be a tough game, I think we will win

Samford Should be a win

Vandy Vandy lost its top players, should be a win

at Florida The Gators are tough, but it was a one score game last year and we should play well but I say loss

South Carolina I think this will be a great game, but I will say loss

at Bama We played Bama well last year, but lost in the games final seconds due to a close call by the refs. I'll say loss.

at Arkansas Nutt's return to Arkansas will have the Hogs fired up but I think we will win.

Auburn Another game we should have one but made mistakes in the final minutes. I think we win at home.

Louisiana Monroe Should be a win.

at LSU Was a great game last year, tied at the half. Poor coaching prevented the upset. I'll say loss.

Miss. St. Last year's Egg Bowl was another close game the came down to coaching and Orgeron blew it. We will win at home this year.

The Rebels should be around 6-6 but I would not be suprised to see the team have a winning record. This team was better than the record indicated last year, and when you consider the team has a better coach and much more talent and experience, this team has a chance to be good. Anyone who saw the Rebs play last year knows they had a few games where they nearly pulled off the ridiculous upset, I think this year the Rebels show thay they can play in the SEC led by Jevan Snead and Houston Nutt. This team is talented and I say they go 7-5, but could be better.

I do understand you're optimism, as Ole Miss does have talent, but I think you are reaching on some of you're win or loss picks. Wake Forest is solid throughout, and has proven players at key positions. With it being only the second game of the season, both teams will still be making adjustments from the first game, but WF has much better proven experience.

Auburn is a top fifteen team according to nearly ever major ranking service, and they have one of the top coaches in the nation. While you have a chance to beat Wake Forest, I can't see you at all beating Auburn.

Don Vito
05-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I do understand you're optimism, as Ole Miss does have talent, but I think you are reaching on some of you're win or loss picks. Wake Forest is solid throughout, and has proven players at key positions. With it being only the second game of the season, both teams will still be making adjustments from the first game, but WF has much better proven experience.

Auburn is a top fifteen team according to nearly ever major ranking service, and they have one of the top coaches in the nation. While you have a chance to beat Wake Forest, I can't see you at all beating Auburn.

I don't know, we lost to them in a very close game last year without our starting QB and two of the best players we have on defense out (DE Greg Hardy and SS JaMarca Sanford). If we play the way we did IN Auburn last year, I like our chances at home with Jevan Snead at QB and Nutt at the helm. It could be just optimism but I think this team will have a few suprise wins this year.

Sniper
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't know, we lost to them in a very close game last year without our starting QB and two of the best players we have on defense out (DE Greg Hardy and SS JaMarca Sanford). If we play the way we did IN Auburn last year, I like our chances at home with Jevan Snead at QB and Nutt at the helm. It could be just optimism but I think this team will have a few suprise wins this year.

Don, I was thinking of driving down for an Ole Miss game this year because I've heard nothing but good things about it. Are tickets/lodging generally expensive there?

TigerBait45
05-27-2008, 03:47 PM
If Mississippi State can beat Auburn, Ole miss can beat Auburn.

Don Vito
05-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Don, I was thinking of driving down for an Ole Miss game this year because I've heard nothing but good things about it. Are tickets/lodging generally expensive there?

Tickets are pretty inexpensive but I would try to buy them now. I believe you can get seats for about $50 (I'm not positive because I pay $50 for student season tickets). As for lodging, you definitely want to call now. There are a few reasonable places in Oxford on Jackson Ave, off the top of my head there is a Hampton Inn, Super 8, and Days Inn. It is tough to get a room in Oxford on game week, sometimes they get so full you need to get a place in Batesville which is half an hour out. It is cheaper in Batesville but I know the Hampton Inn is the most expensive one in Oxford, try the Super 8 or Days Inn.

If I were you, I would get on it now because everything fills up quickly and Ole Miss games are a great experience.

Cigaro
05-27-2008, 03:54 PM

True, but I think good things are to come for Auburn this year. They dumped there slowly fading offense for a new one, which is coordinated by possibly the best up and comer. In the first game in which the system was used, against Clemson in the Chick-fil-a Bowl, Kodi Burns looked like a natural, and he'll only have more experience now. Not to mention that if Auburn is seriously competing for the SEC West title at that time, Tuberville is not the type to overlook teams.

If Mississippi State can beat Auburn, Ole miss can beat Auburn.

The team that lost to MS was relatively lost and not into the flow of the game. The team that beat Clemson is your best bet for what you'll see this season, except more experienced.

saintsfan912
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Too bad that Clemson team from the Peach Bowl was garbage.

Hwoarang
05-27-2008, 06:06 PM
If they had Perrilloux...

Seriously though, I think if they can get just Matt Flynn type play from one of their quarterbacks, they'd probably overtake Auburn in my standings. I feel we do have that.

Well here's Lee's spring game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KD8VxRnJxJw

And Hatch's highlights.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6BDcJ4WvHw&feature=related

08/30/08 Georgia Southern Eagles-W
09/06/08 Central Michigan Chippewas-W
09/13/08 at South Carolina Gamecocks-W
09/20/08 at Arizona State Sun Devils-W
09/27/08 Alabama Crimson Tide-W
10/11/08 Tennessee Volunteers-W
10/18/08 Vanderbilt Commodores-W
10/25/08 at LSU Tigers-L
11/01/08 Florida Gators (Jacksonville, FL)-L
11/08/08 at Kentucky Wildcats-W
11/15/08 at Auburn Tigers-L
11/29/08 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets-W

Good to have Alabama at home, I think they could be the second-best team in the SEC this year. Depends on how much Florida's young budding defense will have progressed through now.I see 3 losses. Maybe an upset by GT. UGA's schedule is too brutal this year.

We finally have a coach

LOL Really?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1220/1397982905_67addca05d.jpg

Hwoarang
05-27-2008, 06:32 PM
SEC Guy

http://odeo.com/audio/17597263/view

Part 2

http://odeo.com/audio/17715583/view

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-27-2008, 07:18 PM
What happened with Micheal Brown at MSU?

georgiafan
05-27-2008, 07:31 PM
So DT Kendrick Eliis from USC is leaving ?

draftguru151
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Kodi Burns is going to need a great year in Auburn's new offense (them running a spread kinda makes me sick) if they're going to be the 2nd best team in the conference. I think they can win the west but the defense is going to carry them. I think it will take bad QB play (worse than Flynn) for LSU not to win the west. Auburn's defense should be amazing but I doubt the offense improves a great deal from last season. Spread should help and Burns had a nice spring, I just don't see them being a better team than Florida next season.

Cigaro
05-27-2008, 07:53 PM
So DT Kendrick Eliis from USC is leaving ?

Yes. From what I've heard, he possibly failed a second drug test. If he stayed, he would have been suspended for a year. Since basically he's basically waisted the past two years because of his weight, he did not want to ride the bench for another one. So he decided to transfer down a level, most likely to a local(in the Carolina's) D-IAA school. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

StripedWalrus
05-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Kentucky will be looking bad this year sadly. They lost their Starting QB, two WR's, TE, RB, C and one of their best Defensive Players. It will be interesting to see how they recover.

Cigaro
05-28-2008, 03:15 PM
http://mrsec.com/story.php?id=588

Good little article about SEC states and their recruiting.

saintsfan912
05-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Just goes to show that Louisiana is DEEP! The most NFL players per capita in the South. I wonder how that bodes for the entire country.

StripedWalrus
05-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Kentucky being a bad state for prospects is well known =(. Kentucky is not a football state.

Cigaro
05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Just goes to show that Louisiana is DEEP! The most NFL players per capita in the South. I wonder how that bodes for the entire country.

Yeah I always noticed that they had a lot of good prospects, but didn't think they were that big. I think the guy is right though. If a competent coach at either Miss St or Ole Miss can lock up the state, his team will be pretty good.

saintsfan912
05-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Louisiana has numerous All Pro/Pro Bowlers. Not all stayed in Louisiana to go to school though. When Dinardo was here he let Reggie Wayne, Ed Reed leave the state like a ******* ******.

504 to ATL
05-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh dear....

too bad you know it is completely true

Sniper
05-28-2008, 09:03 PM
too bad you know it is completely true

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Florida's play sure did a lot of talking against my team last year. Matter of fact, it SCREAMED "WE ******* SUCK AND CAN'T BEAT A BIG 10 TEAM WHO LOST TO APPALACHIAN STATE EVEN IF THEY SPOT US FOUR TURNOVERS IN A GAME AT HOME".

saintsfan912
05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
But you did get to see your Big 10 team (OSU) get slaughtered 2 years in a row though right? Come on Snipe, you know better than to come in here with this garbage.

Hwoarang
05-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Thought this deserved an SEC thread mentioning.

http://images.sportsline.com/images/visual/052808dodd-holliday.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
As I've said before, watch out for Tennessee this year. They thrive in the years when expectations aren't as high and the talent of our team seems to be underrated by many.

Sniper
05-29-2008, 10:11 PM
But you did get to see your Big 10 team (OSU) get slaughtered 2 years in a row though right? Come on Snipe, you know better than to come in here with this garbage.

OSU is my team? Since when?

Hwoarang
05-29-2008, 10:13 PM
OSU is my team? Since when?Maybe he meant just Big 10 Team (support the conference)? Everyone knows you're a Meeeecheeeeegan fan.

saintsfan912
05-29-2008, 10:24 PM
OSU is my team? Since when?

Yea, that's what I meant. As in you're a Big 10 fan. I know all too well you're a Michigan fan.

Sniper
05-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Yea, that's what I meant. As in you're a Big 10 fan. I know all too well you're a Michigan fan.

I see. But I don't support OSU in national title games. I just can't. I don't care if they play the Al-Qaeda All-Stars, if it's the NC, no rooting for OSU. I root for the Big 10 in general in bowl games, though rooting for teams like PSU and MSU make me gag. But national title games are no-nos.

504 to ATL
05-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Florida's play sure did a lot of talking against my team last year. Matter of fact, it SCREAMED "WE ******* SUCK AND CAN'T BEAT A BIG 10 TEAM WHO LOST TO APPALACHIAN STATE EVEN IF THEY SPOT US FOUR TURNOVERS IN A GAME AT HOME".

I guess you didnt understand my original post then. I said the SEC already gets enough publicity through many media outlets, enough that a thread devoted on it is not really necessary.

I said just let the team's play do the talking, no where in that post is anything remotely referring to the SEC being a better conference than any other conference.

I see your defensive mechanism of your conference is in tip top shape though. I guess you have heard the SEC >> talk too much and you spew out defense involuntarily whenever the SEC gets brought up.

You shift button Wh0re lol :p

srv fan
05-30-2008, 06:22 AM
- LSU always seems to have a surfeit of tiny little men who hit warp speed. I remember Xavier Carter. Didn't he end up quitting the team to focus on track?

- I agree that UGA's schedule is seriously brutal, with LSU and Auburn both away being major stumbling blocks. I'd say coming out of the regular season with 2 losses would be a feat. Which might leave them sitting on the outside looking in at the NC with teams with way more manageable schedules.

Hwoarang
05-30-2008, 01:10 PM
I see. But I don't support OSU in national title games. I just can't. I don't care if they play the Al-Qaeda All-Stars, if it's the NC, no rooting for OSU. I root for the Big 10 in general in bowl games, though rooting for teams like PSU and MSU make me gag. But national title games are no-nos.Your OSU is to my Auburn. I loathe AU. I root for every SEC team to win except AU.

saintsfan912
05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
- LSU always seems to have a surfeit of tiny little men who hit warp speed. I remember Xavier Carter. Didn't he end up quitting the team to focus on track?

- I agree that UGA's schedule is seriously brutal, with LSU and Auburn both away being major stumbling blocks. I'd say coming out of the regular season with 2 losses would be a feat. Which might leave them sitting on the outside looking in at the NC with teams with way more manageable schedules.

Xavier Carter was a tiny little man? 6'3 is tiny? And he really didn't have much of a choice but to choose PRO track instead of college football. He was buried behind 2 first round WRs in Bowe and Buster and Early Doucet.

saintsfan912
05-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Your OSU is to my Auburn. I loathe AU. I root for every SEC team to win except AU.

I hate Auburn as well. It's kinda hard to beat a team like that AND the refs.

Hwoarang
06-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Colorado has dropped LSU from it's home and home to add Fresno State.

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/colorado/11429

dbro
06-01-2008, 03:51 PM
LSU will do fine, and theyll get decent QB play from Lee, i think LSU's hopes all depends on the RB. If Williams can have a nice year and Holliday can stay healthy and Scott contributes again theyll be fine. Everyone already knows bout the WR, OL, DL, DB i think the RB an LB needa step up

Don Vito
06-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Ole Miss LB Chris Strong has reportedly failed out of school. Strong was a top 50 recruit and looked to make an impact after being moved back to LB from DL. Hopefully he can find his way back on the field becuase he is a great talent.

wicket
06-02-2008, 03:06 PM
to be honest its almost unfair for a couple of teams to be in the sec: of the top of my head i can think of about 5 teams that might be able to have a ligitimate claim of a bcs bowl game on the end and since only two are allowed.
Kinda wonder who's gonna win east, I'd think georgia but florida is way strong as well. LSU would probably the one on the other side.

saintsfan912
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
That post made no sense whatsoever. Do they even show football games on TV in the Netherlands? (I'm assuming that's what NL means.)

Sniper
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
to be honest its almost unfair for a couple of teams to be in the sec: of the top of my head i can think of about 5 teams that might be able to have a ligitimate claim of a bcs bowl game on the end and since only two are allowed.
Kinda wonder who's gonna win east, I'd think georgia but florida is way strong as well. LSU would probably the one on the other side.

Really? 5?

LSU=obviously
UGA=sure, why not?

Then....

??????????????

I <3 SEC exaggerations. Like Tommy Tuberville saying Ohio State would finish fifth in the SEC.

saintsfan912
06-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Really? 5?

LSU=obviously
UGA=sure, why not?

Then....

??????????????

I <3 SEC exaggerations. Like Tommy Tuberville saying Ohio State would finish fifth in the SEC.

I don't know about 5th but they wouldn't win it, thats for sure.

Sniper
06-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't know about 5th but they wouldn't win it, thats for sure.

I didn't say they would win it.

saintsfan912
06-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I know, I was just agreeing with the fact that Tommy Tuberville is a complete idiotic piece of ****.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Really? 5?

LSU=obviously
UGA=sure, why not?

Then....

??????????????

Florida, Auburn, Tennessee even though the last two are stretches that would need some luck.

wicket
06-04-2008, 01:27 PM
That were kinda the teams I had in mind, not saying that they're gonna have a ligitimate claim, but on the end of the season the MIGHT. Thus far, without a game being played or even close to it that can be said for quite a lot of teams but in my opinion florida, georgia and LSU are all ligit contenders and both auburn and perhaps tenessee have enough potential to perhaps surprise.

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 01:29 PM
You still didn't explain why you think it's unfair for teams to be in the SEC. That really made no sense and still doesn't.

wicket
06-04-2008, 03:09 PM
The situation wouldn't be unimaginable that of the teams that should be in the bcs bowl games more than two would be from the sec and since only two are allowed the strongest teams wouldn't al get in. Besides it's unproporionately tough to get a good result-list since every team has winning potential. Don't really see a three-loss team making a bowl-game and if fi georgia would have a three-loss season with their scedule it wouldn't be that bad a performance.

dbro
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Do any of yall think LSU is WR U. Josh Reed, Robert Royal, Eddie Kennison, Michael Clayton, Devery Henderson, Early Doucet, Buster Davis, and Dwayne Bowe have all come out recently, and then you have possibly four more future first rounders on the team this year in Byrd, LaFell, and the Tollivers (Chris is a freshman)

Hwoarang
06-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Do any of yall think LSU is WR U. Josh Reed, Robert Royal, Eddie Kennison, Michael Clayton, Devery Henderson, Early Doucet, Buster Davis, and Dwayne Bowe have all come out recently, and then you have possibly four more future first rounders on the team this year in Byrd, LaFell, and the Tollivers (Chris is a freshman)Just because they came out means nothing. Only decent one seems to be Bowe as of right now. We'll see about Doucet.

Byrd and LaFell will be 1st rounders depending on who else comes out early. Terrance needs to add on weight but he's a very good run blocker and catces really well. A taller skinnier Michael Clayton. Chris IDK..

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Clayton can't really do much in TB. There offense has been garbage for the past few years. If he had a good QB in a good situation he would be alot better.

dbro
06-04-2008, 08:30 PM
His first an second years i think he had great years in TB after that just went to crap. Josh Reed is solid, and Kennison was one of the most underrated WR of his time, very good possesion guy.

Hwoarang
06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Clayton can't really do much in TB. There offense has been garbage for the past few years. If he had a good QB in a good situation he would be alot better.Had a good rookie year then Sims happened.

504 to ATL
06-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Like Tommy Tuberville saying Ohio State would finish fifth in the SEC.

He was off one spot, they would finish fourth, poor Tommy think his team is better than OSU. As good as they are OSU would fall behind UGA, UF, and LSU.

Sniper
06-05-2008, 11:06 PM
He was off one spot, they would finish fourth, poor Tommy think his team is better than OSU. As good as they are OSU would fall behind UGA, UF, and LSU.

This past year, I don't know if UF was better than OSU. Obviously the transitive property doesn't apply in football, but for what it's worth, Ohio State beat Michigan 14-3 at Michigan. Michigan beat Florida 41-35 in Florida's backyard.

Obviously Ohio State has a stigma in bowl games vs. SEC teams. However, they're still a very talented team and a top 5-10 team. They were supposed to "rebuild" last year and still managed to go to the NC game. Now they return 40 of 44 players in their two-deep. That's unheard of. I don't like them, but I respect them.

DragonFireKai
06-05-2008, 11:08 PM

I'm pretty sure they would have finished ahead of Florida last season, given that Florida couldn't beat Michigan.

504 to ATL
06-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I am not a proponent of the X beat Y therefore they can beat Z.

That being said, who knows if it is just bowl games or if OSU just matches up poorly against SEC teams. UF will definitely be better this coming year than the past, their defense was the weak link and now they are all either improved or older at their weak spots.

UGA is just stacked all around and for certain their defense will be very potent.

LSU, no real QB. But what did they have in the bowl game against OSU? Flynn is not a starter on any of the other teams listed. LSU only needs a QB who can "manage" the game, its certainly a plus to have a plam maker, but they dont oh well.

If we are talking last year, OSU finishes 3rd.

504 to ATL
06-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty sure they would have finished ahead of Florida last season, given that Florida couldn't beat Michigan.

Yeah I just put that in the above post, but who knows Mich put together an impressive game plan and executed to a T. UF might have been a terrible match up for OSU. I am still out on them finishing 3rd or 4th last year, UF may or may not have done well against them.

DragonFireKai
06-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah I just put that in the above post, but who knows Mich put together an impressive game plan and executed to a T. UF might have been a terrible match up for OSU. I am still out on them finishing 3rd or 4th last year, UF may or may not have done well against them.

Well, I think Florida is a better team this season, I also think that LSU is a worse one. If we're talking about this season, I'd say that OSU finishes behind Florida, but I think they'd likely finish ahead of LSU, who I think will probably lose 4 games this season.

Sniper
06-05-2008, 11:15 PM
I am not a proponent of the X beat Y therefore they can beat Z.

Of course not, because the trickle down effect. You could theoretically make a case that a D3 school could beat LSU. Assuming Appalachian State lost to someone who's D2 and they lost to someone who's D3 etc... Furman beat Georgia Southern who beat Appalachian State who beat Michigan who beat Florida who beat Kentucky who beat LSU and I'm sure you can trace Furman back even more.

504 to ATL
06-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, I think Florida is a better team this season, I also think that LSU is a worse one. If we're talking about this season, I'd say that OSU finishes behind Florida, but I think they'd likely finish ahead of LSU, who I think will probably lose 4 games this season.

U dont think UGA is a better team as well?

LSU losing 4 games :eek: Honestly name them

And I swear if you name Alabama, you my friend watch wayyyyy too much ESPN.

Sniper
06-05-2008, 11:22 PM
@ Auburn, @ Florida, Vs. Georgia, some game they shouldn't.

DragonFireKai
06-05-2008, 11:28 PM
U dont think UGA is a better team as well?

LSU losing 4 games :eek: Honestly name them

And I swear if you name Alabama, you my friend watch wayyyyy too much ESPN.

I didn't say anything about Georgia, I think they're the best team in the nation this season. I think LSU's gonna lose to Georgia, Florida, and Auburn. And I think they're gonna have an upset with either South Carolina or Mississippi State. Les Miles makes too many boneheaded play calls, and I think it's gonna burn him this season, in particular with the loss of talent on the defense, and the loss of Perrilloux.

504 to ATL
06-05-2008, 11:29 PM
@ Auburn, @ Florida, Vs. Georgia, some game they shouldn't.

Some game they shouldn't is very unlikely. The other three are easily winnable games as well. Auburn is the best shot; although, the home team has won the last 5 or so games.

Florida is most likely a loss. Who knows about UGA, it is at LSU after all, and the two teams differential in skill is not drastic.

I personally think 2/3 losses. 3 if the running game or secondary play falters.

504 to ATL
06-05-2008, 11:33 PM
I didn't say anything about Georgia, I think they're the best team in the nation this season.

I know thats why I was asking.

I think LSU's gonna lose to Georgia, Florida, and Auburn. And I think they're gonna have an upset with either South Carolina or Mississippi State. Les Miles makes too many boneheaded play calls, and I think it's gonna burn him this season.

Everyone always think USC is good, but each year they manage to disappoint everyone,. I dont think this season will be any different. Moo State is an up and commer, but the difference between the two teams is just way too drastic. Face it without Hester on the team there goes half of Miles bonehead plays.

in particular with the loss of talent on the defense, and the loss of Perrilloux.

What has RP done for the football team in the first place? How is Lee any different from Flynn, who just helped them win a championship?

Sniper
06-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Watch out for Armanti Edwards and the Mountaineers...Though they lost a ton of talent in Richardson, Lynch, Brown and Jackson.

504 to ATL
06-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Wrong thread Snipe

Sniper
06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Wrong thread Snipe

No I was talking about LSU playing ASU.

DragonFireKai
06-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Everyone always think USC is good, but each year they manage to disappoint everyone,. I dont think this season will be any different. Moo State is an up and commer, but the difference between the two teams is just way too drastic. Face it without Hester on the team there goes half of Miles bonehead plays.

People thought the difference between LSU and UK was too drastic last season, and look what happened. Don't look past anyone. As for South Carolina, they have a habit of cropping up for the occaissional upset.

What has RP done for the football team in the first place? How is Lee any different from Flynn, who just helped them win a championship?

Well, he won the SEC championship game for them. And he consistently outplayed Flynn throughout the season. Instead of replacing Flynn with a superior talent with significant playing experience, they now replace him with a mediocre talent with no playing experience. Imagine UF losing Tim Tebow after the 06 season. It's essentially the same scenario.

504 to ATL
06-06-2008, 12:02 AM
People thought the difference between LSU and UK was too drastic last season, and look what happened. Don't look past anyone. As for South Carolina, they have a habit of cropping up for the occaissional upset.

Well, he won the SEC championship game for them. And he consistently outplayed Flynn throughout the season. Instead of replacing Flynn with a superior talent with significant playing experience, they now replace him with a mediocre talent with no playing experience. Imagine UF losing Tim Tebow after the 06 season. It's essentially the same scenario.

Mediocre? Lee is probably a better passer than Flynn right now. Sure he is not RP, but I believe he will pan out better than Flynn, given that LSU will run the ball more.

With the UK game you can put that on Bo. He made horrible defensive calls late in the game, a game which UK tried to give away I might add.

My bad Snipe, I thought it came out of no where without a quote or something.

Sniper
06-06-2008, 12:08 AM
With the UK game you can put that on Bo. He made horrible defensive calls late in the game, a game which UK tried to give away I might add.

Whoever the genius is that decided to not give Jacob Hester the ball on 4th and 2 should be slapped for stupidity. The man is a mortal lock on any down and 2.

Hwoarang
06-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Watch out for Armanti Edwards and the Mountaineers...Though they lost a ton of talent in Richardson, Lynch, Brown and Jackson.But we have SECZ SPEEEEEDZZZZ so i'm not that worried. Especially on defense.

Whoever the genius is that decided to not give Jacob Hester the ball on 4th and 2 should be slapped for stupidity. The man is a mortal lock on any down and 2.He was hurt the entire second half. Whoever decided not to give Charles Scott 1 carry the second half after having near 100 in the 1st made the stupider decision. BTW the RB rotation is run by our RB coach Larry Porter.

dbro
06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
LSU is gonna have a beastly RB rotation if Holliday comes back healthy

Cigaro
06-06-2008, 10:11 AM

What the hell are you talking about? Last year was our only disappointment. The first season, Spurrier just wanted us to make .500, and we did. His second season, Spurrier just wanted us to make a bowl game, and we did. Last season was the first season with big expectations from him, as he thought we could challenge for an SEC East title. And we were on our way to doing that, with wins over Georgia and a 6-1 record, until defensive injuries and Tyrone Nix's ****** play calling screwed us over the last five games.

So if South Carolina ever disappointed you before last season, then thats your stupidity to blame.

504 to ATL
06-06-2008, 02:11 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Last year was our only disappointment.

Over the past 2 maybe 3 seasons many analysts have had USC as a contender to win the SEC East, but we see how that worked out.

Cigaro
06-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Over the past 2 maybe 3 seasons many analysts have had USC as a contender to win the SEC East, but we see how that worked out.

So you're telling me that analysts said Spurrier had turned a team that had gone 16-19 the previous three seasons, into a SEC East title contender in his first and second year? And you believed them as well?

yourfavestoner
06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I love Georgia being the favored team in the East. I'm making a prediction right now that Florida's defense finishes no lower than 3rd in the SEC. Lots of young talent that got thrown into the fire last season, and they'll be better this year for it.

Cigaro
06-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I love Georgia being the favored team in the East. I'm making a prediction right now that Florida's defense finishes no lower than 3rd in the SEC. Lots of young talent that got thrown into the fire last season, and they'll be better this year for it.

Actually its about 50/50 between Georgia and Florida in regards to whose the best.

saintsfan912
06-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Don't sleep on LSU's new defense. Gonna kick alot of ass this year, just watch out. I don't care how many guys we lost, we have plenty of people that had ample playing time last year to step in and wreck shop.

YAYareaRB
06-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Don't sleep on LSU's new defense. Gonna kick alot of ass this year, just watch out. I don't care how many guys we lost, we have plenty of people that had ample playing time last year to step in and wreck shop.

YEAHHH!!! WRECK SHOP!!!

georgiafan
06-07-2008, 12:15 PM
FB Brannon Southerland will miss the next 16 weeks (around 4 games). This is a major major loss as he is the best FB in the country. The run game will no be the same without him.

504 to ATL
06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey is AJ Green going to step in and play significant time at WR for UGA right away? Also, who are UGA's Wide Receivers, are they any good?

georgiafan
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey is AJ Green going to step in and play significant time at WR for UGA right away? Also, who are UGA's Wide Receivers, are they any good?

A.J and Tavaress King will both have a chance to play next year. They are both playmaking WR and that's the biggest weakness of the WR unit. But to answer your question they aren't any good at least below average in the SEC.

Mohamed Massaqoui - 6'2 198 lbs Sr.- Will be the #1 WR and bounced back last year from a bad sophmore year. He leads the returning WR's with 32 catches, 491 yards and 2 TD. He is a solid player and should get drafted in the late rounds

Kris Durham - 6'5 195 Jr. - He has excellent size and has the best hands on the team. The coaches say he keeps on getting better and he ended the year with a solid game agianst Hawaii. As of right now is the favorite for the other starting job. With his size and hands at worst should make for a good red zone target.

Kennith Harris - 6'3 214 Sr. He hasn't made much of impact yet, so I wouldn't expect much of one this year.

Mikey Moore - 6'2 195 Jr.- Like Harris he hasn't done much at Georgia, but he did have 2 TD's in the spring game so hopefully he will build on that.

Tony Wilson - 5'11 205 So. - He had a solid freshman year catching 12 passes for 124 yards as a backup. He is one of the best blocking WR we have had in years. He broke his legs in the spring, but is expected to be back by fall

Walter Hill - 6'4 205 Fr. - This is a guy with alot of upside he was a QB in high school and orginally commited to the UGA basketball team. I don't know if he will make a impact this year, but the coaches and players rave about him.

TE Tripp Chandler - 6'6 253 Sr.- Last year was his first year starting and struggled with drops early on. He did seem to put the drops behind him and finished the year off strong. He ended up with 21 catches, 283 yards and 2 TD. He is a solid starting TE and another guy that should get drafted late.

YAYareaRB
06-07-2008, 10:54 PM
LSU also is fielding a strong WR corps.

Lafell, Byrd, and Tolliver are expected to lead this group. All three put up some solid numbers. Of course there's everyone's favorite.. Trindon Holliday, who also doubles as a HB. Incoming Freshmen include, top prep school WR DeAngelo Benton and Top WR Chris Tolliver.

Jarrett Lee has the weapons to succeed, it's up to him what he's to do with those weapons.

saintsfan912
06-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh yea, and Dickson is a hell of a weapon in the passing game as well. Perfect safety valve for a young QB.

Hwoarang
06-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Benton is a better prospect than Terrance Toliver was coming in so that tells you how good the guys going to be. And if we get Rueben Randle.. Watch the **** out.

TigerBait45
06-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Benton is more polished but Toliver has way more upside.

Terrance Toliver can grow into a dominant receiver once he puts the weight on and learns the nuances of the position..guy could end up being a Roy Williams clone.

I think Benton is more ready-made for the college game though..and hes far from mediocre. I think the guy has a chance to be a really good player.

Hwoarang
06-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Benton is more polished but Toliver has way more upside.

Terrance Toliver can grow into a dominant receiver once he puts the weight on and learns the nuances of the position..guy could end up being a Roy Williams clone.

I think Benton is more ready-made for the college game though..and hes far from mediocre. I think the guy has a chance to be a really good player.I guess I fell that way because Benton is a more physical receiver. I'm not sure hpw much more weight TT can put on. Benton dominated against VT when at Hargrave.. We shall see.

504 to ATL
06-09-2008, 06:05 AM
Benton might not make it to LSU though, I dont thinnk he has the grades in order still.

Mohamed Massaqoui, how many Massaqoui's has UGA had? I swear i've seen that name for like a decade now.

georgiafan
06-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Mohamed Massaqoui, how many Massaqoui's has UGA had? I swear i've seen that name for like a decade now.

I can't think of any others with that name, he has been playing since his freshman year though.

Hwoarang
06-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Benton might not make it to LSU though, I dont thinnk he has the grades in order still.

Mohamed Massaqoui, how many Massaqoui's has UGA had? I swear i've seen that name for like a decade now.He's been practicing with the team since before the NC so IDK.

Don Vito
06-09-2008, 06:16 PM
My Preseason All-SEC

QB: Tim Tebow (UF), Matt Stafford (UGA)
RB: Knowshon Moreno (UGA), Arian Foster (UT), Keiland Williams (LSU)
FB: Brandon Southerland (UGA)
WR: Percy Harvin (UF), Kenny McKinley (USC), Demetrius Byrd (LSU), Lucas Taylor (UT), Rod Smith (AU)
TE: Richard Dickson (LSU), Jared Cook (USC), Cornelius Ingram (UF)
OL: Mike Oher (UM), Ciron Black (LSU), Herman Johnson (LSU), Anotine Caldwell (UA), Andre Smith (UA), Jonathan Luigs (Ark), Anthony Parker (UT)

DL: Sen'Derrick Marks (AU), Greg Hardy (UM), Tyson Jackson (LSU), Ricky Jean-Francois (LSU)
LB: Trey Blackmon (AU), Jasper Brinkley (USC), Brandon Spikes (UF), Rico McCoy (UT), Rolando McClain (UA)
DB: Emmanuel Cook (USC), Eric Berry (UT), Captain Munnerlyn (USC), Chad Jones (LSU), Derek Pegues (MSU)

Hwoarang
06-09-2008, 07:34 PM
My Preseason All-SEC

WR: Percy Harvin (UF), Kenny McKinley (USC), Demetrius Byrd (LSU), Lucas Taylor (UT), Rod Smith (AU)
OL: Mike Oher (UM), Ciron Black (LSU), Herman Johnson (LSU), Anotine Caldwell (UA), Andre Smith (UA), Jonathan Luigs (Ark), Anthony Parker (UT)

DL: Sen'Derrick Marks (AU), Greg Hardy (UM), Tyson Jackson (LSU), Ricky Jean-Francois (LSU)
LB: Trey Blackmon (AU), Jasper Brinkley (USC), Brandon Spikes (UF), Rico McCoy (UT), Rolando McClain (UA)
DB: Emmanuel Cook (USC), Eric Berry (UT), Captain Munnerlyn (USC), Chad Jones (LSU), Derek Pegues (MSU)Darry Beckwith is better than Rico McCoy and Rolando McClain and maybe Trey Blackmon but that would be a stretch.

YAYareaRB
06-09-2008, 09:54 PM
My Preseason All-SEC

DB: Emmanuel Cook (USC), Eric Berry (UT), Captain Munnerlyn (USC), Chad Jones (LSU), Derek Pegues (MSU)

LB: Darry Beckwith
K: Colt David

Everything else is solid.. good list

Also, no Vandy prospects this year? they usually average at least one.

draftguru151
06-09-2008, 10:08 PM
CB DJ Moore and S Reshard Langford should make the sec team.

JT Jag
06-09-2008, 10:24 PM
My Preseason All-SEC

DB: Emmanuel Cook (USC), Eric Berry (UT), Captain Munnerlyn (USC), Chad Jones (LSU), Derek Pegues (MSU)Rashad Johnson?

Also, I think Kareem Jackson has a decent shot at breaking out and making this list.

YAYareaRB
06-10-2008, 12:05 AM
CB DJ Moore and S Reshard Langford should make the sec team.

DJ Moore also has my vote for the All SEC.

SuperKevin
06-12-2008, 10:44 AM
According to espn.com Arkansas has kicked starting linebacker Freddie Fairchild off the team after he was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge.

504 to ATL
06-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Oh Cigaro thanks for the neg rep, I love how me stating football analysts views "makes my stupidity show." I guess neg repping people takes a little of the sting away from having a ****** football team to root for every year.

Cigaro
06-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Oh Cigaro thanks for the neg rep, I love how me stating football analysts views "makes my stupidity show."

You're welcome, and it does.

I guess neg repping people takes a little of the sting away from having a ****** football team to root for every year.

If I was so worried about W/L record when picking my favorite teams, I'd probably have similar rep as yours.

Also, next time you have a problem away from the topic, PM me. Don't come in here and derail the thread because you take the internet to heart.

504 to ATL
06-18-2008, 07:04 AM
This is SEC thread buddy, I said sorry for you having to put up with USC.

I do believe USC is still in the SEC, correct?

I started this entire thing out by saying College Football analysts predict/expect USC to do...

And then I get bashed for it. Not my words, don't kill the messenger.

Cigaro
06-18-2008, 11:30 AM
This is SEC thread buddy, I said sorry for you having to put up with USC.

I do believe USC is still in the SEC, correct?

Your whole rant was about you getting your panties in a wad because I neg repped you.

I started this entire thing out by saying College Football analysts predict/expect USC to do...

And then I get bashed for it. Not my words, don't kill the messenger.

Too bad they are, because no major college football analyst said we would seriously challenge for the SEC title in Spurriers first two years, not even Lou Holtz who homers for his former teams. And if they did, that your own stupidity to blame for listening to them, as no SC fan predicted that(minus extreme homers who think that every year), nor did anyone involved with the SC program predict that.

504 to ATL
06-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Have you seriously never heard CBS football analysts say "look for USC to challenge for the SEC East"? Or "I look to see USC to make a push for the SEC East."

Cigaro
06-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Have you seriously never heard CBS football analysts say "look for USC to challenge for the SEC East"? Or "I look to see USC to make a push for the SEC East."

Before 2007, I believe we played a single game on CBS, and that was against Florida in 2006, when we were out of the hunt. So no, I had never heard them say anything about seriously challenge for the east. They may have said something about us going somewhere in the future, or being a surprise team, but I have never heard an analyst say "Oh Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee better watch out, because South Carolina will seriously compete this year".

And even if they did, they would be just as stupid as you are, as I've already stated Spurrier and the players themselves did not believe they were at the level, and they said it vocally.

If I could neg rep you again, I would.

saintsfan912
06-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Really, who cares about South Carolina anyways? Have they EVER done anything in college football?

Sniper
06-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Really, who cares about South Carolina anyways? Have they EVER done anything in college football?

You beat me to it.

Hwoarang
06-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Really, who cares about South Carolina anyways? Have they EVER done anything in college football?They'd done stuff to football players..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bDzl1dJthYo

Cigaro
06-18-2008, 09:23 PM

1969 ACC Champions thank you...otherwise no. Which is kind of the point, he somehow believes we let him down by not winning the SEC East.

saintsfan912
06-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Well since the argument just popped out of nowhere yesterday, I don't know what yall are talking about. Either way, alot of people in the media were saying Spurrier was going to be the savior at SC, which he hasn't been yet. And yes, they did believe he would be fighting for an SEC title by now. We all now see he may have lost a step. He brought Florida from ground up with recruiting and good coaching. He has done neither so far. With that being said, nobody should be arguing about South Carolina football. Have they even had a double digit win season since they have been in the SEC?

Cigaro
06-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Well since the argument just popped out of nowhere yesterday, I don't know what yall are talking about. Either way, alot of people in the media were saying Spurrier was going to be the savior at SC, which he hasn't been yet. And yes, they did believe he would be fighting for an SEC title by now. We all now see he may have lost a step. He brought Florida from ground up with recruiting and good coaching. He has done neither so far. With that being said, nobody should be arguing about South Carolina football. Have they even had a double digit win season since they have been in the SEC?

Thats not what I'm talking about. He said he was dissapointed because Spurrier hadn't done it in the first two years. Althought I wouldn't say he hasn't done good in recruiting. All of our classes under him were in the Top 25, with the 07 class in the Top 10(Top 5 according to some services).

saintsfan912
06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
You can have all the top 5 classes in the world, if you can't develop them then they are useless. Les Miles has done more with 3 star guys than anybody in the country, who cares about who wins with ******* Rivals and Scout? I sure as hell don't. Jacob Hester was a 2 star coming out of high school, all he did was lead the National Champion Tigers in rushing and got picked in the 3rd round to play backup to the best HB in the NFL. So, I say Scout and Rival ratings are overrated mean nothing. The way a coach develops his players mean more than anything.

Didn't Charlie "The Chocolate Factory" Wies have a few top 5 classes and look whats going on with Notre Dame. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Cigaro
06-18-2008, 10:00 PM
You can have all the top 5 classes in the world, if you can't develop them then they are useless. Les Miles has done more with 3 star guys than anybody in the country, who cares about who wins with ******* Rivals and Scout? I sure as hell don't. Jacob Hester was a 2 star coming out of high school, all he did was lead the National Champion Tigers in rushing and got picked in the 3rd round to play backup to the best HB in the NFL. So, I say Scout and Rival ratings are overrated mean nothing. The way a coach develops his players mean more than anything.

Didn't Charlie "The Chocolate Factory" Wies have a few top 5 classes and look whats going on with Notre Dame. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Then coach Spurrier and staff are doing quite well. Sidney Rice, one of the top receivers in the nation while in college was a three star, and is also one of the most promising young receivers in the NFL. Cory Boyd, who made many underrated rookie teams according to draftniks, was a three star. All-SEC wide receiver Kenny McKinley was a 3-star. All-SEC defenders Jasper Brinkley, Eric Norwood, and Emmanuel Cook were three stars, while All-SEC corner Captain Munnerlyn was a two star.

saintsfan912
06-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Until he wins anything meaningful his stint at SC will be a failure. He brought UF from obscurity, he was dubbed the saviour and accepted that. So until he gets that team out of obscurity nobody will care about SC football. By the way, more than half of the players in college football are 3 stars. Not hard to coach up guys like that. Captain is a different story. While I am not that impressed with him, the voters are.

Cigaro
06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Until he wins anything meaningful his stint at SC will be a failure. He brought UF from obscurity, he was dubbed the saviour and accepted that. So until he gets that team out of obscurity nobody will care about SC football. By the way, more than half of the players in college football are 3 stars. Not hard to coach up guys like that. Captain is a different story. While I am not that impressed with him, the voters are.

Then why say this?

Miles has done more with 3 star guys than anybody in the country

Apparently that's not much of an accomplishment.

Also why are you not impressed with Captain? He was the best defensive back for a team that led the SEC in pass defense, fourth nationally...

And you do realize that this is just Spurriers fourth year? Yes, we should have had a much better season last year than what we had, but its only his ******* fourth year. It's not like he's been year for ten years, and its not like he's rebuilding a program. He's building it.

saintsfan912
06-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Les Miles won a NC in less time than that. Nick Saban won a NC in less time than that in a much much much worse situation after Dinardo left.

And yea, its an accomplishment when you win a NC with those guys. Not when you win 7 games a year. Sure they can get some individual awards but what have they done together?

And I don't know why I'm not impressed with Captain, I just don't see him being that great. Our 3rd best DB last season had more INTs than him and he wasn't that great.

Cigaro
06-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Les Miles won a NC in less time than that. Nick Saban won a NC in less time than that in a much much much worse situation after Dinardo left.

And yea, its an accomplishment when you win a NC with those guys. Not when you win 7 games a year. Sure they can get some individual awards but what have they done together?

And I don't know why I'm not impressed with Captain, I just don't see him being that great. Our 3rd best DB last season had more INTs than him and he wasn't that great.

LSU is a winning program historically...USC is not. In fact, we have earned the nickname of being the coaches graveyard, as we have had many top named coaches come through, but no success. Also, we have had a poor offensive line, as well as stupid defensive play calling(which led to Tyrone Nix being asked to look at job openings outside the program).

Yes, Hester was a great talent. But most of the other players key to your success under Miles haven't been three stars, mostly four and five stars, like most other programs.

504 to ATL
06-19-2008, 04:10 AM
The only memorable/entertaining thing USC has done in my book recently was their brawl with Clemson in 04.

Its going to suck for anyone in the SEC East not named Georgia or Florida. With the recruiting classes those guys have pulled in the last few years their teams are loaded for years to come.

Sniper
06-19-2008, 12:50 PM

INTs aren't a good way to judge a DB. Ask Nmamdi Asomugha.

504 to ATL
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Phil Steele's speculative take on the nations toughest schedules

http://www.philsteele.com/FBS%20Info/toughestschedule.html

The SEC has 11 teams in the top 34

UGA has one brutal schedule, if they escape with one loss or less they definitely deserve to be in the championship game.

Bruce
07-12-2008, 11:25 PM
UF loses both starting safety's. And their secondary struggled last year..

http://florida.rivals.com/default.asp

draftguru151
07-12-2008, 11:28 PM
They lost one starter, nothing happened to Major Wright.

yourfavestoner
07-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Looks like Will Hill will be starting sooner rather than later.

504 to ATL
07-13-2008, 12:22 AM
UF has plenty of talent who knows what they can put together in the secondary, has to be better than last year lol.

yourfavestoner
07-13-2008, 02:55 AM
UF has plenty of talent who knows what they can put together in the secondary, has to be better than last year lol.

That's what I'm thinking. After last year's performance (with two true freshman starting in the secondary, mind you), there's really nowhere to go but up. It doesn't get much worse than last year's performance.

themaninblack
07-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Any Georgia fans here that can give me some insight as to how Caleb King will be utilized this season? He's honestly probably just as good if not better than Knowshon(hard to believe, right?) but whats the deal on his playing time this season? Is he gonna be a change of pace type back or will they actually split carries?

yourfavestoner
07-13-2008, 03:13 AM
I'd expect them to have a James Davis/CJ Spiller type of rotation.

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2008, 03:44 AM

I would go as far as saying he was far and away the best corner in the SEC last season, when fully healthy. He got a little nicked up near the end and then that foot went out but, when healthy he was locking down everyone and everything. INTS arent everything but, he does have excellent ball skills to rack them up. Anyway, make a note of it to watch more Captain Munnerlyn this season. He has earned the right to be talked about w/ the Malcolm Jenkins and Vontae Davis' of the world. He was outstanding last year and if he doesnt have any ill effects from that broken foot...he should once again, be the best corner in the SEC and make a good running at the Thorpe.

504 to ATL
07-13-2008, 04:21 AM
He's honestly probably just as good if not better than Knowshon

No he's not. King was pretty good in HS against **** comp, then changed schools. King is one heck of a back but not Moreno level bud.

Sniper
07-13-2008, 11:15 AM

Their secondary last year was SO SLOW.

BamaFalcon59
07-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Les Miles has done more with 3 star guys than anybody in the country!

LSU gets tons of good recruits. If you want to see developing players, look at Virginia Tech.. Last year was probably our best class ever and it was barely top 20, yet we get 10 wins a season.

True though, developing talent is key.

Sniper
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Les Miles has done more with 3 star guys than anybody in the country

Rich Rodriguez and Jim Tressel could also be in consideration.

BamaFalcon59
07-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Frank Beamer!

themaninblack
07-13-2008, 11:36 AM
No he's not. King was pretty good in HS against **** comp, then changed schools. King is one heck of a back but not Moreno level bud.

We'll see about that Captain Insane-O.

yourfavestoner
07-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Their secondary last year was SO SLOW.

Are you kidding? SEC SPEEEDDDZZZ!!!!11

Sniper
07-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Are you kidding? SEC SPEEEDDDZZZ!!!!11

LOLZ DUMM BIG 10 IZ SLOWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! SECZZZZZZZZZ IZ FASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!

When Adrian Arrington toasts your secondary and Carson Butler is able to run away from your team, it may be time to upgrade SEC SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDZ!!!!!!!!!111!33!!22!

504 to ATL
07-14-2008, 04:30 AM
We'll see about that Captain Insane-O.

Yeah we will have to wait and see. I was just telling him how his production dropped once he moved into a tougher HS classification.

p.s. whats up with all these ads between redirecting, anyone else having those problems?

YAYareaRB
07-14-2008, 09:59 AM
The SEC SpeedZZZ jokes are about as old as the JORDYYZZZZZ!!!1!!1232

Sniper
07-14-2008, 10:07 AM

I will USZE DEM AZ LONGZ AZ NASHUNUL MEDIUH IZ OBSEZZET WIT SEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCC SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZ!

srv fan
07-14-2008, 04:56 PM

Stole the words out of my mouth. The dead horse SEC jokes are currently undergoing Larry Holmes treatment by Iron Sniper Tyson.

YAYareaRB
07-15-2008, 12:26 AM
I will USZE DEM AZ LONGZ AZ NASHUNUL MEDIUH IZ OBSEZZET WIT SEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCC SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZ!

Why spam every SEC thread about a dead joke because your mad at the media? I'm sorry, you know I like you but the SEC SPEEEDZ jokes are sliding from the funny side to the irritating side.

504 to ATL
07-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Its because it still hurts

Sniper
07-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Its because it still hurts

Yes, it really hurt me when my team coughed up four turnovers in an away game in their bowl and still beat the Heisman winner. Nice try slick.

504 to ATL
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Eh SEC fans are not the ones saying it. Big 10 folk still dont know if its true or not, hardheaded and just wont let it die. They can brush it off but keep bringing it up.

Also I couldn't make out what you sent me, the asterisks hid the words.

504 to ATL
07-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Have you all seen the Coaches pre-season All-SEC team?

LSU was first with 14 total players
Florida with 10
Georgia with 9
Alabama/Auburn/USC with 8
Tennessee with 7

LSU had 4 first team players, 5 second team, and 5 third team. Funny thing is that 5 of those on either the 2nd or 3rd team are considered better players than those on the first(Byrd, LaFell, Black, Williams, RJF).

georgiafan
07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Have you all seen the Coaches pre-season All-SEC team?

LSU was first with 14 total players
Florida with 10
Georgia with 9
Alabama/Auburn/USC with 8
Tennessee with 7

LSU had 4 first team players, 5 second team, and 5 third team. Funny thing is that 5 of those on either the 2nd or 3rd team are considered better players than those on the first(Byrd, LaFell, Black, Williams, RJF).

Still trying to figure out the team with the worst pass defense in the SEC gets 3 DB on the All SEC team.

504 to ATL
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Who was that UF? I cant remember the specific stats, but James being a DB got on for his KR duties.

georgiafan
07-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Who was that UF? I cant remember the specific stats, but James being a DB got on for his KR duties.

Yeah Major Wright, Joe Hayden and Pierre-Louis all made the 3rd team.

fenikz
07-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Join the SEC Fantasy Football League
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24124

This is not 1st come 1st served, people i know or people who are active will get in 1st

504 to ATL
07-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah Major Wright, Joe Hayden and Pierre-Louis all made the 3rd team.

Major has to be due to his HS ranking, no was he was a top tier SEC safety his first year.

Did anyone catch SEC media day today? Miles had to avoid answering questions about a funny quote he said the other day.

draftguru151
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
I really don't see how there is no way Wright was a top 6 safety in the conference last year (not to mention this is the preseason AA, not last years postseason, so what he did last year doesn't really matter).

504 to ATL
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
SEC media day recap

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=11304&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

georgiafan
07-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Major has to be due to his HS ranking, no was he was a top tier SEC safety his first year.

So now we pick our preseason all conference teams based on how good they were in high school? It has everything to do with last year it's a pre season team not a post season team

I also think it's stupid that 8 OL made the 2nd team.

smittyjs
07-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Yes, it really hurt me when my team coughed up four turnovers in an away game in their bowl and still beat the Heisman winner. Nice try slick.Sec>>>>>Bug ten maybe you should watch the NC games from the last two seasons, buddy

fenikz
07-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Join the SEC Fantasy Football League
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24124

This is not 1st come 1st served, people i know or people who are active will get in 1st

GO GO GO GO GO GO!

Sniper
07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Sec>>>>>Bug ten maybe you should watch the NC games from the last two seasons, buddy

And my team beat Florida despite four turnovers...on the road...Nice try you ******* ******.

Besides Ohio State, the Big 10 and SEC have been almost dead even in the past ten years or so. DURRRRRRRR SEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last 5 years, SEC 9, Big 10 9 in H2H matchups. LOL OWNZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

yourfavestoner
07-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Still trying to figure out the team with the worst pass defense in the SEC gets 3 DB on the All SEC team.

Because it's a preseason list, so they're projecting how they're gonna do this year. Last year, the DBs in Florida weren't the problem. It was the complete lack of pass rush. The DBs were an extremely young group that got baptized by fire last season, and actually held their own. Considering the group featured two true freshman and a redshirt freshman, I'd say they performed pretty well.

It might be homerish, but I truly believe that Florida's defense will be a top three unit in the SEC this season. There's simply too much talent there for it not to happen. People just don't realize how truly, truly young that team was last season.

Bruce
07-25-2008, 02:49 PM
And my team beat Florida despite four turnovers...on the road...Nice try you ******* ******.

Besides Ohio State, the Big 10 and SEC have been almost dead even in the past ten years or so. DURRRRRRRR SEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

As long as your conference plays a round robin schedule they can't really be considered better than the SEC. Nor can any other conference who plays a round robin schedule for that matter.

smittyjs
07-25-2008, 04:09 PM

You watch the NC yet, That was my question, and why are you in the sec thread anyway??

Sniper
07-25-2008, 05:19 PM
You watch the NC yet, That was my question, and why are you in the sec thread anyway??

The NC just means that Ohio State struggles with the SEC. In case you didn't notice, OSU's been the team to play the past two years. I'd say Michigan has owned the SEC, compiling something like a 23-10-1 or so record over the years. Like I said, you can say the SEC owns OSU, which is true. But to claim ownage over an entire conference based on one team when the facts prove you wrong is beyond ********.

Is it a crime to be in the SEC thread?

fenikz
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
lets go SAT style

OSU beats Michigan, SEC Beats OSU, there for, SEC beats Michigan

Sniper
07-25-2008, 05:33 PM
lets go SAT style

OSU beats Michigan, SEC Beats OSU, there for, SEC beats Michigan

Elon beats Wofford, Wofford beats Appalachian State, Appalachian State beats Michigan, Michigan beats Florida, Florida beats Kentucky, Kentucky beats LSU, LSU wins the National Title.

So, Elon is better than LSU?

saintsfan912
07-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey Snipe, good to see you back. I thought you retired?

Sniper
07-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey Snipe, good to see you back. I thought you retired?

I'm kind of Favre-ing it. I'm semi-retired, if you will.

Don Vito
07-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Jerrell Powe has been finally cleared to play at Ole Miss. Was a 5 star out of high school in 2005 and also a 5 star out of prep school in 2006. He had to sit out due to academics, but his story is a great one. We already look to have a great DL and this just solidifies that, he should battle for the nose tackle spot with Ted Laurent and Lawon Scott. He is a big time talent and a great guy, hopefully everything works out for him.

This is a no subscription required (I believe) article from rivals-
http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=827152

504 to ATL
07-29-2008, 05:58 PM
How is it a great story? The kid can barely read, how on earth does he get into college.

Also he's like 20 years old now at least, how many years does he have left to play?

soybean
07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
As long as your conference plays a round robin schedule they can't really be considered better than the SEC. Nor can any other conference who plays a round robin schedule for that matter.

how do you figure?

Don Vito
07-29-2008, 06:55 PM
How is it a great story? The kid can barely read, how on earth does he get into college.

Also he's like 20 years old now at least, how many years does he have left to play?

He has learning disabilities and he actually worked very hard to get admitted into school, the fact that he stuck with it three years out of high school and stayed loyal to the same college is pretty impressive. He is not a bright guy by any means but if you are saying that Powe doesn't deserve to be in college than you can say the same about a great deal of other players at many schools.

504 to ATL
07-29-2008, 09:13 PM
No I was not knocking his effort, just questioning how he actually managed to get admitted.

Saint Michael
07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I believe Patrick Johnson has changed his name to Patrick Peterson.

Saint Michael
07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Drop it like it's hot.

http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/miles+snoop+073108.jpg

504 to ATL
08-02-2008, 11:59 PM
For the UGA fans out there, who are the playmakers/highly talented players on defense?

I was watching a few games from last year and it seems like the defense is always collapsing the pocket. The front four looks pretty strong, and the LB's seem to be flying around on the field. I cant remember who it was, but didn't one of the front four enter the draft?

I just checked and one starting DE, one OLB, and one SS left. How much will they be missed on the defense? The DE was pretty damn good, Howard.

BamaFalcon59
08-03-2008, 12:08 AM
For the UGA fans out there, who are the playmakers/highly talented players on defense?

I was watching a few games from last year and it seems like the defense is always collapsing the pocket. The front four looks pretty strong, and the LB's seem to be flying around on the field. I cant remember who it was, but didn't one of the front four enter the draft?

I just checked and one starting DE, one OLB, and one SS left. How much will they be missed on the defense? The DE was pretty damn good, Howard.

The defensive end(s?). The two tackles are also expected to be drafted, probably in the first two or three rounds, maybe both round one.

504 to ATL
08-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah I was just looking at their defensive roster and it seems like they lose about half to the draft this year, maybe more if some come out early.

I know UGA has had some amazing recruiting classes, but replacing that many starters over a 2 year period is pretty damn hard.

Next year their offense seems to be really good, but this seems to be the last year their defense is amazing, well for the next 2/3 years.

Sniper
08-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I think people are sleeping on Florida compared to Georgia. Yes, Georgia has a very good offense (Knowshon Moreno is outstanding) but their defense leaves somewhat to be desired. They remind me a lot of last year's Michigan team. Great offense, or potential to be a great offense, but their defense may be their demise.

themaninblack
08-03-2008, 12:00 PM
UGA's defense will be one of the top units in the country. I would not worry about them at all. If there is a spot on this team that could prove to be their downfall, it might be the play of Matthew Stafford. Does he take the next step towards fulfilling his potential or does he regress back to throwing a bunch of interceptions?

draftguru151
08-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Yea I really don't get any hate on their defense. Great team speed, stud DTs, good DE rotation, Ellerbe and Curran are studs, Allen is one of the best CBs in the SEC, Jones has a bunch of potential at safety, a lot of depth as well.

Turtlepower
08-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I think people are sleeping on Florida compared to Georgia. Yes, Georgia has a very good offense (Knowshon Moreno is outstanding) but their defense leaves somewhat to be desired. They remind me a lot of last year's Michigan team. Great offense, or potential to be a great offense, but their defense may be their demise.

I don't get how you can hate on Georgia's defense while ignoring Florida's defense...

504 to ATL
08-03-2008, 08:48 PM
UGA's defense is beast this year, next year is another story altogether. The downfall for UGA could easily be their WR play, they really have no one dangerous at WR. That and Stafford has to get them the ball, he is still a tweener IMO, he can play very well at times, but at times he also has way too much faith in his arm strength.

Sniper
08-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't get how you can hate on Georgia's defense while ignoring Florida's defense...

Because I expect Florida's secondary to improve, which was their Achilles heel last year.

themaninblack
08-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Because I expect Florida's secondary to improve, which was their Achilles heel last year.

Even if their Secondary improves they still aren't on Georgia's level talent wise. Our front seven should be stifling and our secondary is loaded with young talent and depth. Asher Allen and Prince Miller should form one of the better CB duos in the country. Plus, Reshad Jones has an outstanding skill set and CJ Byrd is no slouch either.

I think most who have seen UGA play consistently would agree with that as well so this isn't just the homer in me speaking. UF's defense should be better though.

504 to ATL
08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
What exactly is going on over at UGA? 5 more players suspended, does that make 7 total now?

Don Vito
08-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Some pictures from Ole Miss' practices and press conferences this week-

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/F424118.jpg
Five Star freshman RB Enrique Davis

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/665711.jpg
Davis again

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/F424121.jpg
DE Greg Hardy

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/F424122.jpg
Coach Nutt

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/F424123.jpg
LT Michael Oher

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/627235.jpg
Oher again

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/666352.jpg (http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=834128)
QB Jevan Snead, a Texas transfer who will start

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/F424125.jpg
DE Marcus Tillman, great player who gets little recoginition with Hardy and Peria Jerry on the same line

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/621852.jpg
Former five star DT Jerrell Powe at practice after he was cleared to play last week. He is a very big man.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1036/F423515.jpg
Powe again

draftguru151
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Any idea who is going to start at RB?

Don Vito
08-05-2008, 04:19 PM
As of now it looks to be junior Cordera Eason; but Nutt says it is an open race between Eason and our three freshman backs-Enrique Davis, Brandon Bolden, and Devin Thomas. Eason has had some fumbling problems in practice and Nutt has been really impressed with the freshmen, especially Davis and Bolden. I really want to see Davis out there, he's a freak.

504 to ATL
08-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Davis was an Auburn recruit right? What happened with him, why is he at Ole Miss now, I have forgotten the story?

Also, is Powe going to be in any kind of football shape after being so many seasons removed from HS ball?

themaninblack
08-05-2008, 11:48 PM
What exactly is going on over at UGA? 5 more players suspended, does that make 7 total now?

Idk but it's starting to piss me off. Good thing we play Georgia Southern week one or I'd be infuriated at this point.

draftguru151
08-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Davis was an Auburn recruit right? What happened with him, why is he at Ole Miss now, I have forgotten the story?

Also, is Powe going to be in any kind of football shape after being so many seasons removed from HS ball?

He was at Auburn last spring but didn't qualify so he went to prep and he didn't like Auburn's new offense (I also remember stuff about him wanting to be the main guy) so he chose Ole Miss.

504 to ATL
08-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Idk but it's starting to piss me off. Good thing we play Georgia Southern week one or I'd be infuriated at this point.

Yeah I figured Richt would have a better leash on his players, UGA isnt know for being as bad as FSU or UF players.

themaninblack
08-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah I figured Richt would have a better leash on his players, UGA isnt know for being as bad as FSU or UF players.

He does have a pretty good leash as far as I know but you can't really control players all the time no matter how good it is. Hopefully this will be an example but who knows with some of these kids.

princefielder28
08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Florida TE Cornelius Ingram suffers a torn ACL

TitanHope
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Florida TE Cornelius Ingram suffers a torn ACL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :'(

Bruce
08-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Tebow will be lucky to escape the season with a minor shoulder problem. He's going to have to do it by himself again.

draftguru151
08-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Tebow will be lucky to escape the season with a minor shoulder problem. He's going to have to do it by himself again.

Because he lost Ingram? UF has so many weapons that Tebow really should not have to do anywhere near as much, at least not on the ground.

Bruce
08-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Because he lost Ingram? UF has so many weapons that Tebow really should not have to do anywhere near as much, at least not on the ground.Harvin, ankles made of glass. Moody won't get near the amount of touches to be affective. Other than that who do they have on offense?

draftguru151
08-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Harvin, who is supposed to be as healthy as he has been in college after the surgery on his heal, Murphy, Moore, Cooper, Thompson, Hernandez, Moody, Moore, Rainey, Williams. They have just as many weapons (if not more) than any team in the country.

yourfavestoner
08-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Harvin, ankles made of glass. Moody won't get near the amount of touches to be affective. Other than that who do they have on offense?

Wait, are you being serious?

Bruce
08-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Wait, are you being serious?Nah man Harvin can't stay healthy. The offense doesn't call for the normal amount of running plays to make him affective. Maybe if he takes snaps from QB.

Sniper
08-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Nah man Harvin can't stay healthy. The offense doesn't call for the normal amount of running plays to make him affective. Maybe if he takes snaps from QB.

He was replying to your question "Who else do they have on offense?"

504 to ATL
08-14-2008, 01:05 AM
The injuries in the East open it up for the teams in the West. Just imagine if LSU had knuckle head Perrilloux on their team now.

UGA's road is that much tougher now without their best O-Lineman.

saintsfan912
08-14-2008, 10:02 PM
The LSU QB situation is fine, we don't need Perriloux. We won our NCs with less than stellar QBs, we just need a game manager and Hatch is most probably gonna be that guy. Not to mention freshman Jordan Jefferson is getting rave reviews from camp so who knows, we may see alot from him the first few weeks against Appy State and Troy.

Bruce
08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
The LSU QB situation is fine, we don't need Perriloux. We won our NCs with less than stellar QBs, we just need a game manager and Hatch is most probably gonna be that guy. Not to mention freshman Jordan Jefferson is getting rave reviews from camp so who knows, we may see alot from him the first few weeks against Appy State and Troy.The Future.

http://www.tigerrag.com/wp-content/uploads/lee_jefferson.jpg

saintsfan912
08-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Nah, the future is a guy named Russell Sheppard. They are just stop gaps until he arrives.

M.O.T.H.
08-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Tommy Beecher had a rough scrimmage yesterday but, i have faith in Spurrier on this one. He seems to honestly believe Beecher can become the next great SEC QB, calling him a cross between Wuerffel and Matthews. Hopefully, this was just a minor hiccup because, we really need consistant QB play. Defense should be exceptional this season, we just need someone to protect that football and drive the bus...and this team could really surprise.

Bruce
08-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Nah, the future is a guy named Russell Sheppard. They are just stop gaps until he arrives.Russell will never be a full time starter. Miles does positon by committee. Shep will be an option QB. JJ is the next big QB at LSU. He has Russell potential.

Javzz
08-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Russell will never be a full time starter. Miles does positon by committee. Shep will be an option QB. JJ is the next big QB at LSU. He has Russell potential.

Who knows at this point.. WAY too far in the future to honestly say. Definately wouldn't call it "position by committee". Perrilloux came in very few times on scripted plays.

504 to ATL
08-15-2008, 01:04 AM
I can honestly say Shep is a very good mix between Pat White and D Dixon, add him to Lache and that might honestly be the fastest backfield ever.

JJ is definitely a rising star, but he will not amount to much this season unless the injury bug hits. Next year he might be very very good though.

thebow305
08-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Harvin, who is supposed to be as healthy as he has been in college after the surgery on his heal, Murphy, Moore, Cooper, Thompson, Hernandez, Moody, Moore, Rainey, Williams. They have just as many weapons (if not more) than any team in the country.

Damn, I hate the Gators.

draftguru151
08-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Well hopefully next year we'll have James, Coop, Bryce, McNeal, Chambers, James, Shields, AJ, Hankerson, Randle, Benjamin, our billion other WRs, Orson and Epps. :D

Bruce
08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Who knows at this point.. WAY too far in the future to honestly say. Definately wouldn't call it "position by committee". Perrilloux came in very few times on scripted plays.Ryan was dumb as nails. They literally gave him just 5-10 plays to learn. How he managed to win the SECCG i'll never know.

504 to ATL
08-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Ryan was dumb as nails. They literally gave him just 5-10 plays to learn. How he managed to win the SECCG i'll never know.

Zenon n a solid running game obviously.

504 to ATL
08-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Does anyone think that if UGA does not perform well this year, as in not winning the SEC or or even their own division they will lay down excuses citing the loss of their LT as the reason?

Sniper
08-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Does anyone think that if UGA does not perform well this year, as in not winning the SEC or or even their own division they will lay down excuses citing the loss of their LT as the reason?

No, it's because "The SEC is too tough" TM.

I love digital cable. The '97 Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt game just came on. Man, Peyton looks so young.

Haha Corey Chavous at CB for Vandy.

themaninblack
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM

As if most any team in the country wouldn't at least have that thought in the back of their mind when they have such high expectations and one of their most important players goes down.

M.O.T.H.
08-16-2008, 02:41 PM
South Carolina missed out on being ranked 25th by one vote. blah. Should be ranked after they beat NC State. I'm excited, if we get by Georgia which is certainly possible...SC has a great shot at a 7-0 start before things get real scary, schedule wise.

504 to ATL
08-16-2008, 03:11 PM
As if most any team in the country wouldn't at least have that thought in the back of their mind when they have such high expectations and one of their most important players goes down.

Im just wondering, because you know if they lose they will catch all kinds of heat from rival fans. UGA has been getting far too much hype as it is that if they falter I would just hate to hear the excuses instead of actually someone else legitimately "beating" them.

Sniper
08-16-2008, 09:20 PM
South Carolina missed out on being ranked 25th by one vote. blah. Should be ranked after they beat NC State. I'm excited, if we get by Georgia which is certainly possible...SC has a great shot at a 7-0 start before things get real scary, schedule wise.

No worries. Michigan will drop out after we lose to Utah.

Sniper
08-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Digital cable may be in the top 10 greatest creations ever. Watching this year's LSU/Kentucky game. SICKKKKKKKKKKKK

Bruce
08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Digital cable may be in the top 10 greatest creations ever. Watching this year's LSU/Kentucky game. SICKKKKKKKKKKKK

The only game that matters.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bOog6x6333uv/610x.jpg

saintsfan912
08-17-2008, 01:19 PM

Everytime I hear mention of that game it makes me sick. Then I think of the ass whipping in the NC game and it gets all better again.

Bruce
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Les Miles ESPN commercial lol.

mms://www.xosn.com.edgestreams.net/video86/POPSOWESTIGJYOW.20080818155958.wmv

saintsfan912
08-18-2008, 09:51 PM
How could you not love that guy?

504 to ATL
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3tLXgEby8&feature=related

This just reminds me of how enjoyable the SEC games were to watch last year. You might disrespect the conference or knock it all you want, but you have to admit the games were very entertaining.

CashmoneyDrew
08-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Figure I'd bump this to the top. The thread for the best conference in college football should be at the top anyway.

Bruce
08-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Just an FYI LSU/App State play at 10 a.m on ESPN Classic (for cox users) channel 245 and channel 208 on Direct TV and 726 on Comcast

saintsfan912
08-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Just picked up my tickets a few minutes ago. Bout to leave in a few to go tailgating. Gonna be a LOOONNGG night/day.

CashmoneyDrew
08-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Good day for the SEC for the most part *COUGH* Mississippi St. *COUGH*
Hopefully Tennessee will roll on Monday even though I kind of think people aren't giving UCLA as much credit as they deserve.

diabsoule
08-30-2008, 11:02 PM
So much for Sylvester Croom building a winning program in Starkville.

Sniper
08-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Everytime I hear mention of that game it makes me sick. Then I think of the ass whipping in the NC game and it gets all better again.

I wasn't taunting LSU or anything. Just mentioning my happiness of being able to watch an awesome game as that one was.

Sniper
08-30-2008, 11:03 PM
So much for Sylvester Croom building a winning program in Starkville.

Because of one game? Ah, okay then.

neko4
08-30-2008, 11:29 PM
I cant believe Miss St lost. I watched like 2 mins in the first quarter and said "Miss St has this **** locked up, what else is on"
Hopefully this is just a fluke

diabsoule
08-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Because of one game? Ah, okay then.

It was because of who they lost to. They lost to La. Tech, which in the overall it's not as bad as losing to a DII opponent.

Sniper
08-30-2008, 11:45 PM
It was because of who they lost to. They lost to La. Tech, which in the overall it's not as bad as losing to a DII opponent.

Yeah. You'd think the mighty SEC teams could beat the team who lost at home to a 1-AA team. Guess it doesn't work that way.

PalmerToCJ
08-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Yay for the SEC. I'm a UK fan, love basketball but in football I generally pull for UK and the SEC teams. Nice to see 'Bama show 'em who's boss.

Hopefully UK can take care of business against Louisville tomorrow. I have hope for a bowl game this year, troops are coming in though. This years class and next years will be quite the team once they're JR/SR's.

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Yay for the SEC. I'm a UK fan, love basketball but in football I generally pull for UK and the SEC teams. Nice to see 'Bama show 'em who's boss.

Hopefully UK can take care of business against Louisville tomorrow. I have hope for a bowl game this year, troops are coming in though. This years class and next years will be quite the team once they're JR/SR's.

I'm just glad there's a game on tomorrow that's not Grambling VS. Northwest Dakota St. Community College.

Bruce
08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah. You'd think the mighty SEC teams could beat the team who lost at home to a 1-AA team. Guess it doesn't work that way.
Gotta love App State.

"They're so athletic. It just wore on us,'' Appalachian State coach Jerry Moore said. "They didn't play like Michigan. They played like LSU.''

"Speed was the difference,'' Edwards said. "They're so much faster than Michigan was. ... We knew they'd have tight coverage, but we couldn't execute one-on-one like we wanted.''

"It was 7-0 and I looked at the scoreboard to see if there was room for three digits,'' Moore said.

smittyjs
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Gotta love App State.
yep...........

Sniper
08-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Gotta love App State.

Maybe Florida should have taken lessons from App State.

Bruce
08-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe Florida should have taken lessons from App State.Maybe but I can't remember when they lost to a Div 2 A team at home.

Bengals78
08-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Bama looked scary good last night. I cannot wait for the showdown against Georgia. My 2 favorite teams going head to head.

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah, even though we get them at home this year I'm not looking forward to playing Bama.