PDA

View Full Version : Moss

Pages : [1] 2 3

TitleTown088
02-27-2007, 11:20 PM
So this rumor died, but this new article just came out and i find it interesting how TT's and moss's names are comming up at the combine.
Please no.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=571398

bearsfan_51
02-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I hope htey trade Brett Farve for Randy Moss!!!!

LOLZ OMG!!!!!

roidrunner
02-28-2007, 06:41 AM
i would not mind having moss in the green and gold. we would have a really sick offense. all we need now is a RB and TE.

mikesmdone
02-28-2007, 08:15 AM
The rumor is it would only take a 2nd or even a 3rd rounder.. not too much of a price for Randy Moss...

roidrunner
02-28-2007, 08:20 AM
probably 3rd and a bad to mediocre player. like fergy.

JF4
02-28-2007, 09:07 AM
The rumor is it would only take a 2nd or even a 3rd rounder.. not too much of a price for Randy Moss...

I'm pretty sure they started to demand a higher price for Moss, which is why I think the Pack pulled out of the trade.

Memorex
02-28-2007, 09:54 AM
If we were to trade down in the first round, and pick up another pick in trading down. I wouldn't mind giving up our 2nd, 2nd round pick for Moss. Just think if they trade down, that would be:
Olson - TE
Moss - WR1
Driver - WR2
Jennings - Slot
K-Rob - WR4

Resign Ahman, and use the other 2nd rounder to get a solid running back. If this were the case, the Pack could make a run at the superbowl for Brett.

I know Teddy T doesnt like quick fixes, but this could be Bretts last year, and look at the FA that they picked up when they won in 1996.

TitleTown088
02-28-2007, 09:56 AM
I hope htey trade Brett Farve for Randy Moss!!!!

LOLZ OMG!!!!!

right.... Thanks for whatever that was.

TitleTown088
02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
This rumor is absolutly everywhere now, but I think the whole deal depends upon moss's willingness to restructure his contract. Hopefully that idiot gets greedy and he dosen't end up in GB.

roughrider30
02-28-2007, 01:34 PM
This rumor is absolutly everywhere now, but I think the whole deal depends upon moss's willingness to restructure his contract. Hopefully that idiot gets greedy and he dosen't end up in GB.

if he is willing to restructure his contract to come to GB and gets less money. Why wouldn't you want him on the team? It shows that he is committed to the Packers and wants to play for us.

TitleTown088
02-28-2007, 01:40 PM
if he is willing to restructure his contract to come to GB and gets less money. Why wouldn't you want him on the team? It shows that he is committed to the Packers and wants to play for us.

Because he is Randy moss. He's an idiototic, disloyal, selfish, lazy pile of ****.

someone447
02-28-2007, 02:24 PM
But, he gives us a MUCH needed weapon.

princefielder28
02-28-2007, 02:28 PM
probably 3rd and a bad to mediocre player. like fergy.

if that were the deal i'd take it in a heartbeat but I would like to see Moss restructure his deal if he came here

Boston
02-28-2007, 04:12 PM
But, he gives us a MUCH needed weapon.

Exactly. None of our recievers have had that big play ability since Walker. Walker used to go up and get the deep ball, not wait for it, which a lot of our recievers seem to do. Moss would be our new, or old, walker.

cheesehead10790
02-28-2007, 04:58 PM
This would make GB a legit title contender this year. I think its a small price to pay for a good shot at the SB.

Maybe our 3rd rounder, fergy/bubba for Moss

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-28-2007, 05:35 PM
whatdya say to this?

POSTED 5:30 p.m. EST, February 28, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

i say do it. i wasnt a big rogers fan anyway, so i can live with it.

sports centers on just showed his back end of top 10 plays of all time. the top 5 are up later in sports center. catch if you can. i like when he squirts the referee haha

bernbabybern820
02-28-2007, 05:40 PM
whatdya say to this?

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

sports centers on just showed his back end of top 10 plays of all time. the top 5 are up later in sports center. catch if you can. i like when he squirts the referee haha

i like when he tries to hide after he does that

ds8582
02-28-2007, 06:28 PM
whatdya say to this?

thats possibly the dumbest thing i ever heard

princefielder28
02-28-2007, 06:49 PM
whatdya say to this?

Never going to happen, but I wouldn't be against it

tjsunstein
02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I want Randy Moss. A 2nd or 3rd for Randy? Why not?

tjsunstein
02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Include Ferguson of course in the above post.

princefielder28
02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Include Ferguson of course in the above post.

I would like Ferguson gone in a deal; never really put up the production for a 2nd round pick, even when he was healthy

PACKmanN
02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Jacksonville is offering there first round pick and they could add Gaured and take him. If we trade Rodgers away we would have to start all over again.

princefielder28
02-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Jacksonville is offering there first round pick and they could add Gaured and take him. If we trade Rodgers away we would have to start all over again.

I find it hard to belive that Jacksonville is offering their 1st rounder and then to add Garrard on top of that would be nuts

neko4
02-28-2007, 08:27 PM
What about siging Schaub or trying to get Charlie Frye next year when hes an RFA?
Frye has been compared to Favre before.

PACKmanN
02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
What about siging Schaub or trying to get Charlie Frye next year when hes an RFA?
Frye has been compared to Favre before.

No thanks, IMO i think we should stick with Rodgers, and Oaxland could have took Rodgers when they traded up but didnt. Which makes me belive they do not want him.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
No thanks, IMO i think we should stick with Rodgers, and Oaxland could have took Rodgers when they traded up but didnt. Which makes me belive they do not want him.

no its because Norv Turner had Walter as the best QB on his draft board.

TitleTown088
02-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Give up our first round QB for the future for an idiot old WR???? Are you guys off you ******* rockers?

Grave Digger
02-28-2007, 11:04 PM
KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

TitleTown088
02-28-2007, 11:07 PM
KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

Is this being reported as a "rumor" or a fact? Where is this radio station outta?

This better no ******* be true. damnit.

Windy
02-28-2007, 11:14 PM
KNBR is an oakland station.

roughrider30
02-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Is this being reported as a "rumor" or a fact? Where is this radio station outta?

This better no ******* be true. damnit.

the truth is moss would give us exactly what we needed last year, a play maker who can score tds other than Driver and we would still have a 1st round pick left. It dont see any reason why not to make this trade for a second rounder.

someone447
02-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Titletown, I dont think any of use want moss if we have to give up Rodgers. I would be very happy with Moss for a 3rd and a player. I would be fine with a 2nd for him, although I would prefer not to have to give that high.

TitleTown088
02-28-2007, 11:54 PM
How the hell does one post pictures now?

PACKmanN
02-28-2007, 11:58 PM
How the hell does one post pictures now?lol but dont u think he would want to get back at them? and come on we can all forgive and forget. Favre can do it so can u.

umphrey
03-01-2007, 12:26 AM
I'd be pretty angry at the Pack if they gave up more than a 3rd and a non-starter. Anything higher than that and we'd be WAY better off using that fodder to trade our 2nd rounder up and get a Ginn/Bowe/Meachum. We'd be much, much better off with a 1st round WR with this draft class rather than moss.

Trading a second rounder would be like trading away another Collins or Jennings. TT has proven he can get good starters in the 2nd consistently.

TitleTown088
03-01-2007, 01:09 AM
The Packers are a young up and comming team. Why waste our money on an old SOB like moss? I'd rather spend that # 16 on a young WR who will help the pack win in years to come. Build through the draft!!!

The only way i would forgive moss if was he got atleased 15 YD's and helped lead us into the playoffs. He's just such a cocky idiot that I don't know if i can ever like him.

zbuster
03-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Rumors are a load of bull ****, just people trying to make the off season interesting. Why the hell would we trade a second round pick for a 30 year old WR, who would probably be a class citizen for favre, but what happens when rodgers takes over and Moss throws him under the bus.

And the other rumor about Rodgers for Moss is a fricking joke. This draft is loaded with studs, if we would give up anything higher than our 3rd Im going to be pissed.

roidrunner
03-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Rodgers for moss is a joke. TT loves the guy. and would not trade a piece of the future puzzle for a band-aid right now.

sik wit it
03-01-2007, 11:49 AM
The Packers are a young up and comming team. Why waste our money on an old SOB like moss? I'd rather spend that # 16 on a young WR who will help the pack win in years to come. Build through the draft!!!

The only way i would forgive moss if was he got atleased 15 YD's and helped lead us into the playoffs. He's just such a cocky idiot that I don't know if i can ever like him.

why waste money on him? He's a deep threat and a red zone target, killing two birds with one stone. Yeah it will be a waste of money if Moss doesn't produce but do you think TT won't do his homework? I wish I could have TT around me to help make decisions sometimes, he's that damn good.

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 11:50 AM
why waste money on him? He's a deep threat and a red zone target, killing two birds with one stone. Yeah it will be a waste of money if Moss doesn't produce but do you think TT won't do his homework? I wish I could have TT around me to help make decisions sometimes, he's that damn good.

money won't be a factor b/c the only way a deal gets done is if Moss restructures his deal

sik wit it
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
money won't be a factor b/c the only way a deal gets done is if Moss restructures his deal

so then we have absolutely have nothing to worry about. Moss respects Favre, he'll be kept in check. We know what kind of skill level we are getting even though he hasn't been up to par lately.

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
so then we have absolutely have nothing to worry about. Moss respects Favre, he'll be kept in check. We know what kind of skill level we are getting even though he hasn't been up to par lately.

Most definitely

PackAttack
03-01-2007, 12:02 PM

I would be all for this and here's why:

1) Our O-line will be very string this year providing all sorts of time for Favre - given time to read the defense do you really think someone from this group (Driver-Moss-Jennings) WON'T be open??

2) Yes, there are some stud wide receivers in this class which is exactly why this is the year to do it. We can still trade down in the first and acquire a good 1st and 2nd for our #16. With those we can get someone like Olsen or Meachem or Bowe in the first and a good safety/TE/WR in the second. Resign Ahman, draft a good solid RB in the 3rd and suddenly most of our "holes" are filled.

With this scenario we have one of the best WR groups in the league, a solid o-line, solid (though not spectacular) RB corps and a good TE on offense....and a young, growing defense with a strong d-line, great LB corps, good DBs and good safeties. Now, if we can somehow sign Adalius Thomas....I may be a homer but I don't see why we couldn't compete with ANYONE in the NFC.

I think we should get Moss for sure and give Favre a chance to go out on top. He deserves it and so do us Packer fans.

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I would be all for this and here's why:

1) Our O-line will be very string this year providing all sorts of time for Favre - given time to read the defense do you really think someone from this group (Driver-Moss-Jennings) WON'T be open??

2) Yes, there are some stud wide receivers in this class which is exactly why this is the year to do it. We can still trade down in the first and acquire a good 1st and 2nd for our #16. With those we can get someone like Olsen or Meachem or Bowe in the first and a good safety/TE/WR in the second. Resign Ahman, draft a good solid RB in the 3rd and suddenly most of our "holes" are filled.

With this scenario we have one of the best WR groups in the league, a solid o-line, solid (though not spectacular) RB corps and a good TE on offense....and a young, growing defense with a strong d-line, great LB corps, good DBs and good safeties. Now, if we can somehow sign Adalius Thomas....I may be a homer but I don't see why we couldn't compete with ANYONE in the NFC.

I think we should get Moss for sure and give Favre a chance to go out on top. He deserves it and so do us Packer fans.

We will be a serious threat b/c we will get 4 wins out of the Lions/Vikings, beat Chicago once, beat Oakland, beat Kansas City, Giants, Rams, and grab another game. That's 10 wins and the playoffs

PackAttack
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
We will be a serious threat b/c we will get 4 wins out of the Lions/Vikings, beat Chicago once, beat Oakland, beat Kansas City, Giants, Rams, and grab another game. That's 10 wins and the playoffs

I totally agree with you PrinceFielder....I think we have a good opportunity at 10 wins with the team as it stands now. With the scenario I laid out above I don't think 10-12 wins is out of the question. I really believe that. I see the Packers being a major surprise team next year ala The Saints.

FahvRay
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I had them winning 10-12 games last year and they finished up 8-8. This year I will be conservative and say 9 wins.

ds8582
03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Giants, KC, and Rams aren't the worst teams. I say 8-8 at best.

Boston
03-01-2007, 01:47 PM
the truth is moss would give us exactly what we needed last year, a play maker who can score tds other than Driver and we would still have a 1st round pick left. It dont see any reason why not to make this trade for a second rounder.

A second rounder? Walker was traded for a second rounder. I don't see any way it could be higher than a third rounder, and maybe a 7th.

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 02:19 PM
A second rounder? Walker was traded for a second rounder. I don't see any way it could be higher than a third rounder, and maybe a 7th.

no way on God's green earth is it a 7th rounder

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-01-2007, 02:26 PM

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.i heard moss will restructure and that they are just working on the details, it will likely be a second rounder and that we will trade back in the draft and pick up a second or something like that

DH4MVP23
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
This trade might sound good now but what happens if Favre retires after this year or next year? The Pack will be in the same sitution as Oakland is now. They won't have an established QB (unless they get one in FA) and will be stuck with Moss who no one will want.

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 02:47 PM
This trade might sound good now but what happens if Favre retires after this year or next year? The Pack will be in the same sitution as Oakland is now. They won't have an established QB (unless they get one in FA) and will be stuck with Moss who no one will want.

Moss' contract will prolly end up where he makes less in the later years and if does turn out to be a distraction the Packers can trade him or let him go

DH4MVP23
03-01-2007, 02:59 PM
I just feel theres to much risk involved with him to give up a first day pick and possibly ruin a team that seemed to make alot of progress last year. If there goal is to try and win a SB this year he might give them the best shot but long term I cant see it helping the franchise

GadoR'Savior
03-01-2007, 03:13 PM
I rather get a BIG reciever in the draft (Jarrett, Meachum,Rice) than Moss but im fine if we get Moss for not to much. The Rodgers thing i dont think is true but i wouldnt mind Im pretty much Ingel Martin's biggest fan!! haha

someone447
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
no way on God's green earth is it a 7th rounder

I'm pretty sure he means a 3rd and a 7th.

Vince Lombardi
03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/feb07/randy27.jpg

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-01-2007, 05:47 PM
not bad vince. looks like randy bulked up on his journey to green bay haha

GB12
03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
not bad vince. looks like randy bulked up on his journey to green bay haha

He didn't make it. That was on the front of today's sports page.

Vince Lombardi
03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
He didn't make it. That was on the front of today's sports page.

yup. I just thought ya'll would enjoy (or despise) that. lol

I don't really have a problem with Randy coming to GB as long as we don't give up any high draft picks, don't have to pay a huge contract, and aren't stuck with him for the long term. I have no doubt that he'll play hard for Favre because he has a ton of respect for him, the only thing is that Favr5e may only play another year. My concerns are that he will turn into the selfish Randy he currently is once Rodgers becomes the QB.

jackalope
03-01-2007, 09:26 PM
i am still completely against us getting Moss. He's one of my least favorite players and i would hate to see him as a Packer. Aaron Rodgers? That would absolutely suck. i still think he's the future and he's far more valuable than Moss. my guess is that it was a name brought up by Oakland but nothing came of it. that's what i hope at least.

JF4
03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
yup. I just thought ya'll would enjoy (or despise) that. lol

I don't really have a problem with Randy coming to GB as long as we don't give up any high draft picks, don't have to pay a huge contract, and aren't stuck with him for the long term. I have no doubt that he'll play hard for Favre because he has a ton of respect for him, the only thing is that Favr5e may only play another year. My concerns are that he will turn into the selfish Randy he currently is once Rodgers becomes the QB.

I think his contract has only 2 years left, assuming Favre retires after this year then he would only have 1 year with Rodgers. IMO if it works out that year then great, if it doesn't I don't think it would be too much of a problem.

PACKmanN
03-01-2007, 10:55 PM
you guys need to realize that no one in this draft could help us as much as Moss can. With a soild O-line and Favre throwing him the ball imagine how worried DB are going to be, not only that but it only helps Harris, Woodson, and Blackman more because they are facing talented WR and will know all the tricks in the book.

roidrunner
03-02-2007, 07:12 AM
maybe TT is not sold on Rodgers. and Farve and moss would be a dangerous combo, along with Driver. would give us a combo, some what the same as say a harrison and wayne sort of deal.

Mwkick
03-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I was told by a 3rd party that the Packers and Raiders
have agreed to compensation on a deal for Randy Moss.

It would be for the Packers 3rd round pick, a player
(possibly Robert Ferguson) and a conditional pick next
year (no higher then a 2nd). I am not saying it is
true, because I got it through a 3rd party (which is a
pretty reliable source)...so we shall wait and see.

I was told if the Moss deal goes down, the Packers
would wait and see who is there at #16 and if they
don't like what the see, or feel they can get that
player a few spots back, they will trade pick to get
back the pick(s) they gave up for Moss.

Boston
03-02-2007, 09:59 AM

Why the hell would the packers give up a third this year, Ferguson, and next years second possibly? If it was a 5 or 6 it wouldn't be bad, but no higher than a second? That's just ridiculous when Moss is only going to be in GB for one or two years.

Mwkick
03-02-2007, 10:45 AM
how is that ridiculous? What pick in the third would be better than having moss??? He is the type of player that would make Green Bay a legitimate threat. The guy is only 30 and he's willing to renegotiate his contract. The packers are already the youngest team in the NFL. What more do you want??? Sweet geeeezus. In a perfect world, we'd give up a 7th pick for him. But for gods sake, this is a perenial player. With a good qb and a balanced offense, he makes the packers legit contenders.

Packer fans are never satisfied.

Mwkick
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Boston-
With comments like those, I can see why you got voted off I love NY.

Boston
03-02-2007, 11:10 AM
how is that ridiculous? What pick in the third would be better than having moss??? He is the type of player that would make Green Bay a legitimate threat. The guy is only 30 and he's willing to renegotiate his contract. The packers are already the youngest team in the NFL. What more do you want??? Sweet geeeezus. In a perfect world, we'd give up a 7th pick for him. But for gods sake, this is a perenial player. With a good qb and a balanced offense, he makes the packers legit contenders.

Packer fans are never satisfied.

I have no problem with giving up a third and ferguson to get moss, but to give up a third, and possibly a second is ridiculous.

Do you have any idea what his contract is with Oakland right now?

Are you off your rocker? Do you really have any idea what you're talking about? Moss hasn't had a good season since 2003. Why would we give up the seventh pick for that? You know, the one we don't even have.

And do you even know what perennial means?

Boston-
With comments like those, I can see why you got voted off I love NY.

Ok. That's cool.

someone447
03-02-2007, 11:25 AM
He meant a 7th round pick. If there is a pick involved next year it would be conditional on how he does. With the tops being a 2nd rounder if he has a year like he had in Minnesota. It would more likely be a 4th-5th rounder.

Boston
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
He meant a 7th round pick. If there is a pick involved next year it would be conditional on how he does. With the tops being a 2nd rounder if he has a year like he had in Minnesota. It would more likely be a 4th-5th rounder.

Meh. I don't know. I'm starting not to like this Moss deal as much anymore. If it could be done for this years third and Barry, benefitting both teams, i would be happy.

PACKmanN
03-02-2007, 12:47 PM

next time give credit to Arrgio and not clam it as urs.

Mwkick
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
You can knock my posts all you want, but please don't question my intelligence. It just shows your immaturity. I realize I'm not the brightest guy in the world, but I know sports, especially football.

As for the Moss trade, it's just what I read. It's crazy to think that Packer fans wouldn't want this trade to happen. I heard on Cold Pizza the other day, a packer fan said he'd puke up blood and move to chicago to become a bear fan if the packers got moss.

If he's willing to renegotiate his contract and you don't have to give up a first rounder, why wouldn't you do this trade? Like I said, he's only 30. And playing with Favre would surely motivate him again, something he lacked in Oakland. I believe he can still play at a very high level.

I'm all for the trade. Trade down a few spots in the first, draft olson and an additional 2nd for next years draft, why now?

Mwkick
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I apologize. My original post was from Packerchatters.com.

Geezus, what's the point of posting anymore.

Boston
03-02-2007, 01:18 PM
You can knock my posts all you want, but please don't question my intelligence. It just shows your immaturity. I realize I'm not the brightest guy in the world, but I know sports, especially football.

As for the Moss trade, it's just what I read. It's crazy to think that Packer fans wouldn't want this trade to happen. I heard on Cold Pizza the other day, a packer fan said he'd puke up blood and move to chicago to become a bear fan if the packers got moss.

If he's willing to renegotiate his contract and you don't have to give up a first rounder, why wouldn't you do this trade? Like I said, he's only 30. And playing with Favre would surely motivate him again, something he lacked in Oakland. I believe he can still play at a very high level.

I'm all for the trade. Trade down a few spots in the first, draft olson and an additional 2nd for next years draft, why now?

For a guy that relied heavily on speed, and being able to "out leap" DB's, 30 is pushing it. Unless he can prove he's not that one dimensional player everyone thinks he is, then a third and next years second is too much.

someone447
03-02-2007, 02:36 PM
For a guy that relied heavily on speed, and being able to "out leap" DB's, 30 is pushing it. Unless he can prove he's not that one dimensional player everyone thinks he is, then a third and next years second is too much.

Like I said, the only way we would be giving up that second would be if he met certain incentives(not exactly the right word.) That means that if we gave up a second, he proved that he still has what it takes. If we only give up a 7th, then we don't lose a whole lot. It is all just a matter of how well he does when a pick is conditional.

Mwkick
03-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Great players find ways to be great. That was the knock on Jordan in the NBA. He adapted with age. Moss would still provide a threat unlike any other in the NFL. You're telling me he doesnt' have the skills at 30??? Come on.
And I'm sure you're going to belittle me for including jordan in this post.
If a deal can't be made with the pack, i hope that he goes somewhere in the NFC North so he can abuse us 2wice a year next year.

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 03:54 PM

Giving up any pick higher than a 3rd this year or next will be a mistake by the Packers

someone447
03-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Giving up any pick higher than a 3rd this year or next will be a mistake by the Packers

Listen to me. The rumor was that it was a 3rd and a conditional pick next year. That means it could be a 7th. The ONLY way there is a pick higher than a 4th next year is if he gets back to his old form. A 3rd, fergie, and a 2nd would be a steal for the Moss of old. Remember what the Raiders gave up for him. If he stays like he is in Oakland, we would give them a late 2nd day pick next year. I love using conditional picks as compensation. That way if they bust you don't lose much.

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Listen to me. The rumor was that it was a 3rd and a conditional pick next year. That means it could be a 7th. The ONLY way there is a pick higher than a 4th next year is if he gets back to his old form. A 3rd, fergie, and a 2nd would be a steal for the Moss of old. Remember what the Raiders gave up for him. If he stays like he is in Oakland, we would give them a late 2nd day pick next year. I love using conditional picks as compensation. That way if they bust you don't lose much.

No, that would be terrific if they could pull a deal like that off

Whistler6
03-03-2007, 03:14 PM
The guys on Around the Horn said it better than anyone. Moss respects Favre probably more than anyone. You all saw it the time when Moss goes "Thats Brett Favre, I gotta see this" on the sidelines. 3 of the 4 guys on the show said Moss would work harder for Favre than anyone else. PLUS he would be playing against NFC North again. familiar territory. It would be an awesome match. I dont care if people dont like him, heck I hate him!

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 03:45 PM
The guys on Around the Horn said it better than anyone. Moss respects Favre probably more than anyone. You all saw it the time when Moss goes "Thats Brett Favre, I gotta see this" on the sidelines. 3 of the 4 guys on the show said Moss would work harder for Favre than anyone else. PLUS he would be playing against NFC North again. familiar territory. It would be an awesome match. I dont care if people dont like him, heck I hate him!

At the end of the day does Moss make the Packers a better team??? Yes and he will keep his mouth shut becuase of his respect for #4

Whistler6
03-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah for sure..Favre has a really short time left. He and everyone else want to win now. Plus Moss would only compliment our already number one WR Donald Driver. Take pressure off him too. I doubt this deal will happen, but I really think it'd be a great deal

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah for sure..Favre has a really short time left. He and everyone else want to win now. Plus Moss would only compliment our already number one WR Donald Driver. Take pressure off him too. I doubt this deal will happen, but I really think it'd be a great deal

If moss is going to move this is the most likely one to happen though. Jacksonville is prolly number 2

tjsunstein
03-03-2007, 04:06 PM
You guys dont understand, IF we get Moss, how good we will be.

Favre
Lynch ( hopefully if we dont find a FA RB )
Griffith (If we could sign him like reports say) or worst case Henderson whos been great for us.
Driver, Jennings, Moss
TE- Probably a 3rd - 4th round TE or Graham???

We could address our defensive needs for atleast 4 of 7 picks.

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 04:08 PM
You guys dont understand, IF we get Moss, how good we will be.

Favre
Lynch ( hopefully if we dont find a FA RB )
Griffith (If we could sign him like reports say) or worst case Henderson whos been great for us.
Driver, Jennings, Moss
TE- Probably a 3rd - 4th round TE or Graham???

We could address our defensive needs for atleast 4 of 7 picks.

Everyone realizes how good we would be but everything has to fall into place and that hasn't happened yet

TitleTown088
03-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I've been hearing rumors that the Dolphins might trade for moss as well.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 12:32 AM
I've been hearing rumors that the Dolphins might trade for moss as well.

Well as of right now they only have Chambers and Booker and I don't know how much longer Booker will be threat. Welker will be lost to NE.

ny10804
03-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Latest Moss news from ESPN (John Clayton on Sportscenter):

20% he'll be a Packer.
Comes down to Al Davis lowering his asking price.
GB doesn't want to give more than a 3rd rounder.
GB will be a good team in '07.

ny10804
03-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Just saw this on PFT:

POSTED 11:22 a.m. EST; UPDATED 11:33 a.m. EST, March 4, 2007
MOSS-TO-PACKERS TALK HEATING UP
A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that the Oakland Raiders and the Green Bay Packers are continuing to work toward a trade that would send Randy Moss to the place at which he pretended to moon the home fans two years ago.
As we reported a few days ago, the Raiders wanted a first-round pick. The Packers offered quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The talks were on hold while the Raiders courted Jeff Garcia. Now, the talk has resumed, and we're told that it will likely be either Rodgers or a second-round pick that goes to Oakland for Moss.
Stay tuned. Other teams still possibly in the mix are the Jags and the suddenly Redskinesque Patriots.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Just saw this on PFT:

POSTED 11:22 a.m. EST; UPDATED 11:33 a.m. EST, March 4, 2007
MOSS-TO-PACKERS TALK HEATING UP
A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that the Oakland Raiders and the Green Bay Packers are continuing to work toward a trade that would send Randy Moss to the place at which he pretended to moon the home fans two years ago.
As we reported a few days ago, the Raiders wanted a first-round pick. The Packers offered quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The talks were on hold while the Raiders courted Jeff Garcia. Now, the talk has resumed, and we're told that it will likely be either Rodgers or a second-round pick that goes to Oakland for Moss.
Stay tuned. Other teams still possibly in the mix are the Jags and the suddenly Redskinesque Patriots.

I wouldn't mind Rodgers for Moss :)

TitleTown088
03-04-2007, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't mind Rodgers for Moss :)

That would be the worst trade i could imagine.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 11:24 AM
That would be the worst trade i could imagine.

Really how could it be that bad??? Rodgers hasn't shown us anything that says he can lead this team once Favre retires and Moss will provide the Packers with a big play threat and a red zone threat. There are quarterbacks in this draft that will be better pro players than Rodgers and his loss wouldn't be as big as you might think.

PacMan
03-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah Rodgers hasnt shown a thing. I dont have a lot of faith in him. People calling him "the future" are clueless. QB's come and go. He's nothing special. He's also a waste of a paycheck as long as Favre is around. Besides we got Ingle Martin. I actually like that trade better than the 2nd rd. pick.

TitleTown088
03-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Really how could it be that bad??? Rodgers hasn't shown us anything that says he can lead this team once Favre retires and Moss will provide the Packers with a big play threat and a red zone threat. There are quarterbacks in this draft that will be better pro players than Rodgers and his loss wouldn't be as big as you might think.

Hmmmm..... trade a first rounder who was highly considered to be the number one pick in the draft who could play in Green Bay for years to come. Trade him without giving him a chance to start. All this given up for a 30 year old idiot with diminishing skills. Great trade!!

Anyways... KFAN is reporting it's a done deal here... http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/1368673.aspx

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah Rodgers hasnt shown a thing. I dont have a lot of faith in him. People calling him "the future" are clueless. QB's come and go. He's nothing special. He's also a waste of a paycheck as long as Favre is around. Besides we got Ingle Martin. I actually like that trade better than the 2nd rd. pick.

I think the Packers should ask for a conditional pick as well b/c Rodgers was a 1st rounder but idk I like the deal as rumored

Mwkick
03-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I like the Rodgers for Moss trade. People say well we've groomed this guy for 2 years now....well who cares how long he's been here if he isn't the answer. You can draft a qb and still pick up a guy like Brad Johnson to be an immediate backup. I really just have a feeling that Rodgers just doesn't have "it". I was at the Titans game where he played all but one series. He was horrible. His decision making was real slow. I left the game unimpressed. I like the idea of this trade more than the 2nd rounder. But like John Clayton said, no matter how good it looks, by trading Moss, Al Davis has to admit he made a mistake in trading for him. And with Davis, you never know...

Vince Lombardi
03-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Hmmmm..... trade a first rounder who was highly considered to be the number one pick in the draft who could play in Green Bay for years to come. Trade him without giving him a chance to start. All this given up for a 30 year old idiot with diminishing skills. Great trade!!

Anyways... KFAN is reporting it's a done deal here... http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/1368673.aspx

Interesting, no details on what the trade actually is though....

TitleTown088
03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Interesting, no details on what the trade actually is though....

Yeah, I don't know if that's just a forum where random people can post crap or not though. They do however say other radio stations in Oakland are reporting it too..

Vince Lombardi
03-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I don't know if that's just a forum where random people can post crap or not though. They do however say other radio stations in Oakland are reporting it too..

yea I haven't seen anything that I would actually consider "official" yet.

TitleTown088
03-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I hearing that it's a bad link now. Forget about it.

ny10804
03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Yea, I read it last night, and it's BS. If you click on his profile to see his other posts, it's all the same crap.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 12:50 PM
According to the Raiders forum Moss was here last night and a deal was completed but they are just waiting for an announcement now

ny10804
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
According to the Raiders forum Moss was here last night and a deal was completed but they are just waiting for an announcement now

They're using the same BS link as evidence. There has been no trade yet.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 12:56 PM
They're using the same BS link as evidence. There has been no trade yet.

stupid link!!!!

tjsunstein
03-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Im for the Rodgers for Moss trade. I wouldnt mind it at all. QBs seem to be easily had look at this FA for example and the drafts (citing Brohm and Henne as the top 2 next year). If Moss respects 4 and works as hard as he did in Minn during his prime then we're a secondary and a RB away from the SB. Im not exactly sold on this being Favres last year if both he and Moss like what they see either.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Im for the Rodgers for Moss trade. I wouldnt mind it at all. QBs seem to be easily had look at this FA for example and the drafts (citing Brohm and Henne as the top 2 next year). If Moss respects 4 and works as hard as he did in Minn during his prime then we're a secondary and a RB away from the SB. Im not exactly sold on this being Favres last year if both he and Moss like what they see either.

Agree with possibly Favre coming back after this year.

Next years draft has Colt Brennan as a better pro prospect than Chad Henne

Mwkick
03-04-2007, 01:04 PM
I agree 100%.

Side-note: Brohm is going to be a stud in the nfl. Any team that gets him is getting a gem.

tjsunstein
03-04-2007, 01:08 PM
If this is in fact Favres last year hands down and we do get Moss ( hoping his contract is restructered ), TT would be a god if he found a way to get Brohm next year.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 01:13 PM
If this is in fact Favres last year hands down and we do get Moss ( hoping his contract is restructered ), TT would be a god if he found a way to get Brohm next year.

It'll take alot though b/c we plan on being successful so we'll be picking around 25 and brohm is a top 5 pick; unless we trade our entire draft it'll be next to impossible

Mwkick
03-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Ya, next year's draft is a long ways away. Either way, that kid is going to be a stud.

ny10804
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
With New England acquiring Wes Welker (by giving up the 2nd and 7th rounders), that narrows the possible destinations for Moss.

Side note, since when does a 5'9 white reciever who's started 2 games in his career and caught 1 TD pass command a 6 year, 38.5 million dollar deal? Unbelievable.

princefielder28
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
With New England acquiring Wes Welker (by giving up the 2nd and 7th rounders), that narrows the possible destinations for Moss.

Side note, since when does a 5'9 white reciever who's started 2 games in his career and caught 1 TD pass command a 6 year, 38.5 million dollar deal? Unbelievable.

The only places where Moss is an option anymore is Green Bay and possibly Buffalo

TitleTown088
03-05-2007, 11:39 PM
The only places where Moss is an option anymore is Green Bay and possibly Buffalo

Add jacksonville and Miami to that list.

cordscords
03-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Add jacksonville and Miami to that list.

Jax has Williams, Wilford, Jones, and Northcutt. No true #1 in that group, but I think they are content with what they got.

TitleTown088
03-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Jax has Williams, Wilford, Jones, and Northcutt. No true #1 in that group, but I think they are content with what they got.

Northcutt was signed more to be a KR, PR, slot guy I though?

someone447
03-06-2007, 11:25 AM

FFS, that doesn't ******* matter.

cordscords
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Northcutt was signed more to be a KR, PR, slot guy I though?

He will be used primarily as a KR/PR, but he will make appearances as the #3/#4 reciever every game.

umphrey
03-06-2007, 01:09 PM
FFS, that doesn't ******* matter.

Yeah, I wouldn't really have had a problem with that comment except for the fact that you put white in between all 100% negative things...

At this point I'd be surprised if Moss wasn't playing for GB next year. I'm basing this off of 3 things:
1. Moss is highly unlikely to be in Oakland next year.
2. It is (almost) certain that the Packers have offered a 3rd or Rodgers who is worth at least a 3rd, maybe a 2nd and fills a need.
3. No one is crazy stupid enough to offer higher than that, especially since the potential remaining teams is getting very slim.

I think what is happening right now is that Al Davis is trying to convince everyone that he'll only take a 2nd and wants to wait for someone to crack since it's still early in FA, but TT is too smart to fall for that shameless tactic and is simply waiting until Al Davis calls him and says "OK, fine...".

tjsunstein
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
anyone have word on this

neko4
03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
We should offer a conditional pick for the 08 draft too

jackalope
03-07-2007, 07:16 AM
i heard on "Mike and Mike in the Morning" that the Aaron Rodgers trade rumors are false. thank god.

TitleTown088
03-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Rodgers for Moss? Sure dosen't sound like it here..http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_58ae38983a15/

Smokey
03-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't really have had a problem with that comment except for the fact that you put white in between all 100% negative things...

At this point I'd be surprised if Moss wasn't playing for GB next year. I'm basing this off of 3 things:
1. Moss is highly unlikely to be in Oakland next year.
2. It is (almost) certain that the Packers have offered a 3rd or Rodgers who is worth at least a 3rd, maybe a 2nd and fills a need.
3. No one is crazy stupid enough to offer higher than that, especially since the potential remaining teams is getting very slim.

I think what is happening right now is that Al Davis is trying to convince everyone that he'll only take a 2nd and wants to wait for someone to crack since it's still early in FA, but TT is too smart to fall for that shameless tactic and is simply waiting until Al Davis calls him and says "OK, fine...".

Thing about Al Davis though is he's stubborn and proud as hell. If he feels Moss is worth a first and considering what he gave up to get him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Moss remain in Oakland next year.

princefielder28
03-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Thing about Al Davis though is he's stubborn and proud as hell. If he feels Moss is worth a first and considering what he gave up to get him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Moss remain in Oakland next year.

Moss won't be happy again, and the Raiders will be stuck with a player whose market value continues to fall

TitleTown088
03-11-2007, 11:05 PM
msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6553286

Packers pondering potential Moss trade AP

Even fans who own shares of Green Bay Packers stock don't have veto power over a potential trade for a player seen here as a touchdown-scoring scoundrel - Randy Moss. When the widely rumored trade was brought up in front of a crowd at the Packers' annual Fan Fest at Lambeau Field on Friday evening, boos and hisses drowned out any timid cheers. Packers general manager Ted Thompson was sitting on stage at the time. So, Ted, what do you say to that? "I don't say anything," Thompson said. "That's the best way to do it." In keeping with Thompson's close-to-the-vest philosophy, he hasn't officially acknowledged that he is exploring a trade for Moss - which is fine, because the Oakland Raiders haven't said that they're bent on trading the talented but moody former Pro Bowl wide receiver.

But Packers chairman and CEO Bob Harlan hinted strongly on Friday that the Packers' front office is going through the same sort of character risk-versus-reward debate they did before signing former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Koren Robinson last fall. And Harlan says fans who have called his office to weigh in on Moss generally don't like the idea of trading for a receiver who might be past his prime, might be playing his way out of a second NFL city because of his questionable attitude - and, by the way, once pretended to "moon" the fans at Lambeau after scoring a touchdown. "I don't want to say it's been overwhelming, but there have been a few fans who (complained)," Harlan said. "And the thing they basically say to me is, "You guys have so much class. Don't lose class now."' Harlan, who is retiring in May, said he is very concerned about maintaining the team's image. And those concerns will play a role in whether the team pushes ahead toward a trade. "I've had fans call me and say, 'Bob, I'd rather see you go 0-16 than do some things that were done here in the '80s,"' Harlan said. "And believe me, I'm as concerned about the image of this franchise as anybody, and will be years from now. It's not just because I'm leaving. I'm very concerned about how we look next year and the year after that. So we're going to be cautious."

Harlan said the team had extensive discussions last year before signing Robinson, who is serving a suspension under the NFL's substance abuse policy. In February, Robinson was sentenced to 90 days in jail for fleeing police in Minnesota last August. But when - or if - Robinson is reinstated, the Packers might well welcome him back. "Ted talked to me about Koren Robinson, and I have to admit that at the beginning I was concerned," Harlan said. "And I think the thing that swayed me was the fact that Ted said he worked with the young man, he was a good person, and if he made one more mistake he wouldn't be here. And Ted understands how our fans feel about baggage." But, of course, making such judgments are nothing new for any NFL team. Harlan said that under former general manager Ron Wolf and former coach Mike Holmgren, the team talked regularly about the "baggage" any potential acquisition might bring to the team. "As Ron used to say, where do you hide him in Green Bay? And you don't," Harlan said. "And players have to understand that. I even talk to coaches about that. You're very visible in this community. You represent this organization day and night. Watch what you do. So we'll talk about it."

Thing is, Wolf seems to think Moss is worth the risk. Wolf, who was in attendance at the fan fest on Friday, said that Thompson should do the deal if he is comfortable with the information he has on Moss. "You have to know what you're getting, but if he can help you win, there's no question that you go after him," Wolf said. "Guys like Randy Moss don't walk down the street every day. You cannot discount that. From the time he took the field for Minnesota, he was a Packer killer." As for the fans' opinion, Wolf said that never mattered to him. "The objective is to win football games," Wolf said. "That's the No. 1 objective - obviously within reason." Now, the Packers' front office must decide whether Moss is worth the price. "Ted would come and talk to me before we did anything like that," Harlan said. "I think I'd rather wait until we get to that stage and see if it happens." Notes: Packers linebacker Nick Barnett told the crowd that he is still hoping for a contract extension. "They are working and talking, so hopefully we'll get something done," Barnett said. ... Harlan said the installation of Lambeau Field's new playing surface is "coming along fine." ... After losing free agent running back Ahman Green to the Houston Texans, Thompson said he has confidence in the team's remaining running backs, a group that includes Vernand Morency and Noah Herron. But, Thompson added, "We're going to bring in some competition for them."

Football Fan
03-13-2007, 12:46 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=576312

neko4
03-13-2007, 04:49 AM
Seriously Moss'll be under a microscope in GB, you cant hide him

M1Koter
03-13-2007, 06:46 AM
ya know, I don't want this whole moss thing to happen but this is the best news I've heard about it
If the Packers were to offer a player, the source said the Raiders wouldn't have any interest in quarterback Aaron Rodgers but indicated that defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila or defensive tackle Corey Williams might have considerable appeal to them. The Packers insist Rodgers isn't available, anyway.

jackalope
03-13-2007, 07:12 AM
ya know, I don't want this whole moss thing to happen but this is the best news I've heard about iti still don't want it to happen, but if it does, KGB would be a good player to trade.

PACKmanN
03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
We can let Corey Williams go because its his contract year but i would rather let him stay. They need KGB more, TT make it happen :)

sik wit it
03-13-2007, 12:04 PM
if TT pulls off getting Randy Moss and getting rid of KGB in the same deal, the man deserves a statue built in his honor.

ds8582
03-13-2007, 12:25 PM
We can let Corey Williams go because its his contract year but i would rather let him stay. They need KGB more, TT make it happen :)

I'd rather get rid of KGB and let Corey Williams stay. The key words are contract year, Williams will try and impress this year. Mongomery can take over for KGB without a severe dropoff.

PackAttack
03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
if TT pulls off getting Randy Moss and getting rid of KGB in the same deal, the man deserves a statue built in his honor.

Agreed....I think trading KGB for Moss would be huge...that is a trade I would like to see

TitleTown088
03-13-2007, 12:28 PM

If he could pull of the trade for AP too I would get on my knees for him. I don't want moss, but I'd be all for gettning rid of KGB. Although I don't want moss, could you imagine Favre, Driver, Jennings, moss, AP?!

ChefMike
03-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Moss would make you a legit contender in the NFC. Favre is the Best QB of all time and would allow some of the focus to come off of him and put someone else in the limelight. Favre is not a showboat, not that Green Bay is a showboating team but you need that over the top kind of player on offense to give it some swagger. I have always had a great deal of respect for Green Bay and its fans and I think you deserve a guy that would give Favre another shot at a title. I just wish you would have signed Jamal Lewis instead of Cleveland. I am a huge Ravens fan so I know his talent and he would fit in nicely with your team. Marshawn Lynch though will do just fine on the tundra next year replacing Ahman Green, which would give you guys a great offense ! Now please just keep building depth on your defense so you can keep Chicago out of the playoffs !!!!!!!!!!!!

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Moss would make you a legit contender in the NFC. Favre is the Best QB of all time and would allow some of the focus to come off of him and put someone else in the limelight. Favre is not a showboat, not that Green Bay is a showboating team but you need that over the top kind of player on offense to give it some swagger. I have always had a great deal of respect for Green Bay and its fans and I think you deserve a guy that would give Favre another shot at a title. I just wish you would have signed Jamal Lewis instead of Cleveland. I am a huge Ravens fan so I know his talent and he would fit in nicely with your team. Marshawn Lynch though will do just fine on the tundra next year replacing Ahman Green, which would give you guys a great offense ! Now please just keep building depth on your defense so you can keep Chicago out of the playoffs !!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Bay is certainly classy :)

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 02:11 PM
If he could pull of the trade for AP too I would get on my knees for him. I don't want moss, but I'd be all for gettning rid of KGB. Although I don't want moss, could you imagine Favre, Driver, Jennings, moss, AP?!

Do you and Ted have some secret love affair???

neko4
03-13-2007, 02:30 PM
i was thinking maybe a conditonal pick and it would work out like this
OAK gets a 2nd rounder in '08 if Moss gets 1000yds and 10+ tds, they get a 3rd if he has one or the other and a 4th if neither, that way if Moss turns out to be a failure then it wont be such a huge cost. Add that w/ KGB and we should have a deal or more simply just KGb but I doubt theyd go for that

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
i was thinking maybe a conditonal pick and it would work out like this
OAK gets a 2nd rounder in '08 if Moss gets 1000yds and 10+ tds, they get a 3rd if he has one or the other and a 4th if neither, that way if Moss turns out to be a failure then it wont be such a huge cost. Add that w/ KGB and we should have a deal or more simply just KGb but I doubt theyd go for that

I would love if they moved KGB

cheesehead10790
03-13-2007, 03:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2796831

This is similar to the link before but it offers a little more info. Hopefully Moss will be a Packer by later tonight

GB12
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
I really hate all the negative rep we are getting about Moss. Fans that say "I would rather go 0-16 than sign Moss", "I would become a Bears Fan" and then that they booed it when it was brought up at fan day, and Harlan said he is getting 65-35 calls negative. I mean seriously those "fans" could die in a fire for all I care.

TitleTown088
03-13-2007, 04:00 PM
I really hate all the negative rep we are getting about Moss. Fans that say "I would rather go 0-16 than sign Moss", "I would become a Bears Fan" and then that they booed it when it was brought up at fan day, and Harlan said he is getting 65-35 calls negative. I mean seriously those "fans" could die in a fire for all I care.

People should burn in a fire just because express the fact they don't want some cocky idiot on their team? I can understand your anger to anyone whos aid they would change teams, but just because a fan reacts neativly to Harlan for the team trying to pick up this moron is not a big deal at all...

GB12
03-13-2007, 04:07 PM
That was just to the complete morons like the ones that would switch teams. I can understand not wanting him because of character issues and so on, but some of this is going too far.

cordscords
03-13-2007, 04:13 PM
I understand the character concers, but not the production concerns. In 2004he had 13 TD in 13 ganes, in 2005 he had 1005 yards and 8 TD with Collins at QB, and 2006 was a bad year. I attribute 2006 to an extreme lack of talent arround him, and Moss not putting 100% into his play.

Put him in GB, I think he can be that dominant WR again. I'm cool parting with KGB, a 3rd rounder, whatever it takes to bring him to Green Bay.

The Legend
03-13-2007, 04:16 PM
ESPN Report: Packers leaders to discuss trade for Moss

they met today to talk about the trade

A trade sending Moss from the Oakland Raiders to Green Bay is already in discussion stages, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported, saying according to an unnamed league source, general manager Ted Thompson has already been in direct talks with Raiders owner Al Davis about the move. According to sources, the teams have discussed the trade for a month and the Packers have been given permission to talk to Moss' agent about restructuring his contract.

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 04:55 PM
ESPN Report: Packers leaders to discuss trade for Moss

they met today to talk about the trade

I don't know if it's already been posted before that but it's been on ESPN since atleast 130

neko4
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Moss and Favre, it was supposed to happen.
Does anyone have the phone number to call TT

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Moss and Favre, it was supposed to happen.
Does anyone have the phone number to call TT

I think it's 867-5309 :)

neko4
03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
does not exist
Lambeau's number is (920)496-5700

ChefMike
03-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I think it's 867-5309 :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GB12
03-13-2007, 05:39 PM
does not exist

Please tell me you didn't actually call thst

neko4
03-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Crap, joke I dont know, what happened to the embarrasment smily?

neko4
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh wait damn you Johnny Tutones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ny10804
03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh wait damn you Johnny Tutones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mattern/images/stewie.jpg

It's Tommy and there's no "s" after Tutone, but I'll give you a pass.

cheesehead10790
03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah, anyway... Being a Packer fan I obviously dont really like Moss becaue of the past, but he really could be the missing piece. Plus he is guna get to play his old team twice and hell be fired up for that. From what we hear, him and Brett get along so I really hope this deal happens because it could be a lethal combo. Brett has a gun and Moss likes to chase down deep balls...seems like a good fit to me.

neko4
03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
http://home.cfl.rr.com/mattern/images/stewie.jpg

It's Tommy and there's no "s" after Tutone, but I'll give you a pass.

Man whatever, i just learned how slow I am

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, anyway... Being a Packer fan I obviously dont really like Moss becaue of the past, but he really could be the missing piece. Plus he is guna get to play his old team twice and hell be fired up for that. From what we hear, him and Brett get along so I really hope this deal happens because it could be a lethal combo. Brett has a gun and Moss likes to chase down deep balls...seems like a good fit to me.

It's a match made in Heaven

cheesehead10790
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Michael Smith says that some people are saying trade is complete...?

http://texas-aandm-football.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/13/randy-moss-to-packers-rumors-picking-up-steam/

GB12
03-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Michael Smith says that some people are saying trade is complete...?

http://texas-aandm-football.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/13/randy-moss-to-packers-rumors-picking-up-steam/

I don't believe that at all. Expect it to take a while.

ny10804
03-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't believe that at all. Expect it to take a while.

Interesting, nonetheless.

It's probably something that was just lost in translation.

neko4
03-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Well the article even says its a rumor

Football Fan
03-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Tuesday meeting: The subject of the Packers' interest in Oakland wide receiver Randy Moss wasn't even broached by Thompson at the monthly executive committee meeting until he was asked about it. Thompson steadfastly has refused to discuss Moss with reporters because he remains property of the Raiders.

Football Fan
03-14-2007, 01:19 AM
here is the article:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=577353

neko4
03-14-2007, 01:23 AM
yeah most of this is old news in a way. The meeting is new though

Football Fan
03-14-2007, 01:41 AM
Personally I dont think anything will be done with this until on or near draft day. T.T. likes to wait and see how things shake as long as he can it seems. There is no hurry for this. I dont think there is a huge demand from other teams as far as moss goes. I dont remember seeing much urgency in any of T.T.'s offseason moves. Actually I dont even think he would have went after Woodson if the fans werent pushing for some action. Thompson is all about the draft.

johbur
03-14-2007, 02:39 AM
TT does not care about fan reaction. Woodson was an opportunity signing at a dire need position. I don't think our wide-outs are as bad as our CBs were prior to Woodson. I'm still for picking up Moss. Send Ferguson over to the Raiders and the extra third rounder TT will manufacture after he trades down in rounds 1 and 2.

ChefMike
03-14-2007, 11:11 AM
I think the trade won't happen till the week of the draft or maybe draft day. His Talent is still high but his value is dropping. Green Bay will be able to get him for a 3rd pick I believe. Example was last season Ravens wanting Steve McNair, we only gave up a 4th rder for him and the Titans wanted a 1st rd pick originally then they loosened up to say just a 2nd and we ended up only having to part ways with a 4th rd selection in this years draft. Stick to your guns and a 3rd is all your going to have to let go of. Which isnt much for a WR that has over 100 TD's in his career not very often you can do that...

M1Koter
03-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Which isnt much for a WR that has over 100 TD's in his career not very often you can do that...

Yeah but that was all with the vikings, hasn't nearly been the player since. I don't think be all that studly if he comes, I still expect DD to be the #1 reciver

PACKmanN
03-14-2007, 11:33 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

MOSS DEAL HINGING ON CONDITIONAL PICK

There's a hitch that has emerged in the ongoing negotiations between the Packers and the Raiders regarding the terms of a potential trade of receiver Randy Moss to Green Bay.

We're told that the Raiders will only take quarterback Aaron Rodgers if there's also a conditional draft pick based on Rodgers' performance in 2007.

In short, if Rodgers doesn't perform, the Packers have to give up more in 2008.

The Packers' concern is that, because the Raiders have been so bad of late on offense, it's a given that Rodgers won't play well in 2007. Moreover, the Packers are concerned that the Raiders will bench Rodgers at some point during the season in order to ensure that a higher pick will come their way from Green Bay in 2008.

To resolve this potential impasse, we're told that the Packers are considering offering a 2009 conditional pick based on Rodgers' play in 2007 and 2008.

As we see it, the conditional pick should also be tied to the performance of Moss. The more he does in 2007, the more the Raiders get in 2008.

Really, the trade is about Moss, not Rodgers. And if Moss plays at Lambeau Field like he performed there while a member of the Vikings, the Packers should be happy to eventually give up a first-day pick in 2008.

ChefMike
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah but that was all with the vikings, hasn't nearly been the player since. I don't think be all that studly if he comes, I still expect DD to be the #1 reciver

Well he did have a good season (60 rec 1005yds 8 TDs 16.8 ypc) the first year with the raiders when he had an adequate QB to get him the ball. Last year he had Walter and Brooks and Tuiasasopo throwing him the ball, with Favre he will be a new man. I have faith that he will be a new man in Green Bay plus having a real reciever to compliment each other unlike in Oakland where they think Jerry Porter is a great reciever who has never had a 1000yd recieving year...

TitleTown088
03-14-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

MOSS DEAL HINGING ON CONDITIONAL PICK

There's a hitch that has emerged in the ongoing negotiations between the Packers and the Raiders regarding the terms of a potential trade of receiver Randy Moss to Green Bay.

We're told that the Raiders will only take quarterback Aaron Rodgers if there's also a conditional draft pick based on Rodgers' performance in 2007.

In short, if Rodgers doesn't perform, the Packers have to give up more in 2008.

The Packers' concern is that, because the Raiders have been so bad of late on offense, it's a given that Rodgers won't play well in 2007. Moreover, the Packers are concerned that the Raiders will bench Rodgers at some point during the season in order to ensure that a higher pick will come their way from Green Bay in 2008.

To resolve this potential impasse, we're told that the Packers are considering offering a 2009 conditional pick based on Rodgers' play in 2007 and 2008.

As we see it, the conditional pick should also be tied to the performance of Moss. The more he does in 2007, the more the Raiders get in 2008.

Really, the trade is about Moss, not Rodgers. And if Moss plays at Lambeau Field like he performed there while a member of the Vikings, the Packers should be happy to eventually give up a first-day pick in 2008.

I don't believe that one bit. TT already said there was no way he was going to trade Rodgers, and Oakland said they didn't have interest in him either...

ds8582
03-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Typical PFT BS!!

Smokey
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't believe that one bit. TT already said there was no way he was going to trade Rodgers, and Oakland said they didn't have interest in him either...

Perhaps that's more reason to lend it credence. Gamesmanship is the way of the NFL.

PACKmanN
03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
i just dont see TT trading his frist ever player he drafted for the Packers. That would bad.

TitleTown088
03-14-2007, 05:54 PM
For anyone who would like to see moss or not see moss in GB you can call this number and take the poll to be reviewed by Bob Harlan himself...

This proves that they are seriously considering moss. I mean the Packers FO has a hotline set up.

neko4
03-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I couldnt understand the lady talking

princefielder28
03-14-2007, 06:17 PM
For anyone who would like to see moss or not see moss in GB you can call this number and take the poll to be reviewed by Bob Harlan himself...

This proves that they are seriously considering moss. I mean the Packers FO has a hotline set up.

That's pretty funny

M1Koter
03-14-2007, 06:21 PM
theres no way this is actually real

GB12
03-14-2007, 06:21 PM
That's pretty funny

I actually called it and there was nothing about a poll or Moss.

TitleTown088
03-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I actually called it and there was nothing about a poll or Moss.

It's closed right now. But believe me I called it earlier today. I think they closed the poll however because they were getting too many calls.

sik wit it
03-14-2007, 07:12 PM
if any of you guys visit packerchatters i'd advise you to go to page 73 of the Moss thread.

Supposedly friday at 5 there will be a press conference.
Moss and Courtney Anderson for Rodgers and a Conditional 2008 pick I believe.
TT also wants Randy to appologize for his actions against the packers.

princefielder28
03-14-2007, 07:19 PM
if any of you guys visit packerchatters i'd advise you to go to page 73 of the Moss thread.

If it's true I will be very happy

TitleTown088
03-14-2007, 07:26 PM

If the Packers trade Rodgers for Moss I will ******* **** a brick.

Also, didn't TT just say like a week ago that there was no way the Packers would trade Rodgers and he was the "future"? I don't buy it.

Packerchatters is usally full of **** anyways.

princefielder28
03-14-2007, 07:29 PM
If the Packers trade Rodgers for Moss I will ******* **** a brick.

Also, didn't TT just say like a week ago that there was no way the Packers would trade Rodgers and he was the "future"? I don't buy it.

Packerchatters is usally full of **** anyways.

The report is most liekly false but if TT said Rodgers is the future he certainly could've been using that as a strategic move to show the Raiders that it would take quite a bit to get Aaron and Moss would probably be equal compensation

PTPaQ
03-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Thompson is obviously playing this out perfect. The longer this goes on, the more likely Davis is to just fold and get rid of him for our asking price.

Epfootball50
03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
I live in MN but i am a packer fan. I don't think you can turn down a guy that when he had a decent QB had the chance at bieng one of the best ever. With all that said i think this would be the best thing the Packers could do for Favre.

TitleTown088
03-14-2007, 08:11 PM
I live in MN but i am a packer fan. I don't think you can turn down a guy that when he had a decent QB had the chance at bieng one of the best ever. With all that said i think this would be the best thing the Packers could do for Favre. Yeah, all they need to do now is give him a running game, right?

PACKmanN
03-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Thompson is obviously playing this out perfect. The longer this goes on, the more likely Davis is to just fold and get rid of him for our asking price.

al davis can wait ontill the start of the season.

cheesehead10790
03-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, all they need to do now is give him a running game, right?

Dude you have a sarcastic remark for everything. Cant you just post without trying to be funny. You just end up making an ass out of yourself. You have got to be the most cynical person I know.

cheesehead10790
03-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Anyway, Rodgers and a conditional seems like a great deal to me. Conditionals are almost worthless and we can always draft somebody like Troy Smoth or something later in the draft. Illl be upset though if this happens and Rodgers is the next Carson Palmer.

PACKmanN
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Anyway, Rodgers and a conditional seems like a great deal to me. Conditionals are almost worthless and we can always draft somebody like Troy Smoth or something later in the draft. Illl be upset though if this happens and Rodgers is the next Carson Palmer.

TT will not trade his first ever packers pick, it will piss off the fans. He will be wasting a draft pick might i add a frist round pick.

Empire
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
TT will not trade his first ever packers pick, it will piss off the fans. He will be wasting a draft pick might i add a frist round pick.

That's very poor reasoning. First of all he couldn't care less what the fans think. The NFL is a business and he knows that if he can improve his team by trading a first round pick he will do so. It wouldn't really be a waste of Moss helps the Packers make a playoff run next year will it?

TitleTown088
03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Dude you have a sarcastic remark for everything. Cant you just post without trying to be funny. You just end up making an ass out of yourself. You have got to be the most cynical person I know.

I'm making a point that the Packers won't be doing Favre any favors unless they can provide him with an sufficent run game. It's not trying to be funny..

M1Koter
03-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I still say you don't trade away the guy who looks to be the future of the most improtant position on the feild, love him or hate him Rodgers is the guy taking over for Farve when he leaves. I heard somewhere on here that oakland doesn't want Rodgers and the packers arn't willing to give him up. I think thats got truth to it

princefielder28
03-14-2007, 09:21 PM

I agree but I don't want the drafted QB to be Smith

M1Koter
03-14-2007, 09:26 PM

I'd be pissed if we gave up Rodgers and drafted smith, I'd be al kinds of pissed

cheesehead10790
03-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I'd be pissed if we gave up Rodgers and drafted smith, I'd be al kinds of pissed

It doesnt have to be Smith I was just throwing a name out there.

GadoR'Savior
03-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Boys the only name to throw out there there is the Packers future Stanton!!! If Packers grab him after making this trade im trilled and its a great trade plus i have to say Anderson is easy an upgrade over Bubba and yes that is pretty sad! Man if Rodgers goes to Oakland the draft gets messed up!
1. CJ
2. Joe Thomas
3. J Russell

Peterson drops, Packers draft Marshawn!!

Packers draft

1.HB Lynch
2.QB Stanton
3.SS Rouse/Weddle/Piscitelli or TE Patrick
4.TE Milner/Allen or S Stone
5. OLB S. Nicholos
6. WR Naanee/Trannon
7. no clue

If this is what could come from this trade F### Rodgers, TT the man!

Football Fan
03-15-2007, 12:34 AM
TT does not care about fan reaction. Woodson was an opportunity signing at a dire need position. I don't think our wide-outs are as bad as our CBs were prior to Woodson. I'm still for picking up Moss. Send Ferguson over to the Raiders and the extra third rounder TT will manufacture after he trades down in rounds 1 and 2.

He may not care about fan reaction and im not saying that is definately why he signed woodson, but its well known that fans were putting a lot of preasure on the organization at that time. The signing of woodson was done very late in free agency for a position of "dire need" also. Not to mention the team pretty much paid the same amount he was asking from the early days of free agency. I think the preasure had some effect, just my opinion. I think Thomson likes to get the bargain players in free agency and get create his stars through the draft. He certainly doesnt seem to be the "win now" type of gm. Although I think do to the Farve situation that came with the job his stategy is beeing altered for the time beeing. Favre is money and the executives of the team want to make all the cash they can while he is here. The complete rebuilding I believe Thomson wants to do is beeing altered for now.
Like I said, its just a theory of mine about some of the ways there doing things.

Football Fan
03-15-2007, 12:43 AM
The GM and the Head coach know more about Rodgers than any of us. If they trade him Im sure they have there reasons.

RockJock07
03-15-2007, 11:00 AM
It's sounding like TT is gonna give up Rodgers, that's a bad move,I hope it's not true.

cordscords
03-15-2007, 11:02 AM
It's sounding like something could be announced really soon.

I really liked Rodgers heading into the draft, but if we could get Moss for him I'm for it.

ny10804
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Yea, PFT, Boston Herald, NBC, Arrigo, and other rumor-mongers have all said a deal is imminent.

M1Koter
03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
looks my world is coming to an end, the one player I hate more than any other, for a player that looks to be a key part of the future, oh well, the brewers look good this year, I guess I'll just focus in on them, maybe theres a MBLdraftcountdown I can find to talk on.

Featherstone
03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
looks my world is coming to an end, the one player I hate more than any other, for a player that looks to be a key part of the future, oh well, the brewers look good this year, I guess I'll just focus in on them, maybe theres a MBLdraftcountdown I can find to talk on.

Don't be so damn dramatic.

swagger
03-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Wow. My favorite player of all time going to the team I am supposed to hate. To be honest, I hope Moss tears it up. My love for Moss is much more powerful than my dislike for the Pack.

Smokey
03-15-2007, 11:40 AM
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=188664

The above is printed in the Boston Herald. Rumors, yes, but where there's smoke..

Things seem to be happening. I think this is a good trade for the Pack.

M1Koter
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Don't be so damn dramatic.

there's nothing in this world I would hate more for the packers is for them to trade a key player in the future for washed up moss

lod01
03-15-2007, 11:58 AM
there's nothing in this world I would hate more for the packers is for them to trade a key player in the future for washed up moss

Is he washed up based on the 31st ranked offense last year who had ABSOLUTELY NO O-line? Is that your basis? Oh yeah...who was THEIR QB?

And who is the 'key' player you speak of? Certainly not Error Rodgers.

Smokey
03-15-2007, 11:59 AM

We need a strong #2 - Moss would give us that and give Jenkins more time to develop. A motivated Moss would be a great thing for Green Bay.

And I'm not at all sold on Rodgers. Granted, he hasn't had much time to develop but when he's been in he's like a deer caught in the headlights.

Moss for Rodgers and a conditional seems a very good deal.

ds8582
03-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Hate it. Hate the whole idea. A-Rod better not get traded.

Vince Lombardi
03-15-2007, 12:22 PM
This is what's being reported:

The trade, which reportedly could be announced as soon as Friday, is structured this way, the source told the Herald:

The Packers would get Moss, tight end Courtney Anderson and a conditional pick in the 2009 draft that would be based on how well Rodgers plays for the Raiders in 2007 and 2008.

The Raiders would get Rodgers and a seventh-round pick in 2008.

But then you have this:

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070315/PKR01/70315079/1989
Harlan: Trade for Moss isn't close to happening By Rob Demovsky (rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com)
rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com
Bob Harlan, the Green Bay Packers’ chairman and CEO, said this morning it seemed unlikely that a trade to acquire receiver Randy Moss from Oakland was imminent.

Reached in his office, Harlan said he had not heard a Boston Herald report that quoted “a Wisconsin source” as saying the Packers and Raiders are on the verge of announcing a trade that would send Moss to the Packers for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Harlan said he has not spoken with General Manager Ted Thompson since he left for a scouting trip on Tuesday afternoon.

“If (a trade) was that close, (Thompson) would have called us by now,” Harlan said.

Thompson presented his monthly report to the Packers’ board of directors during its regular meeting on Tuesday morning and then left town. He is not scheduled to return until Friday night.

The subject of Moss came up during Tuesday’s meeting, but Thompson didn’t indicate a deal was about to be made.

“No, not at all,” Harlan said. “And he would have told that group if it was that close.”

Thompson was not immediately available for comment.

The trade, according to the Herald’s source, would send Rodgers and a seventh-round draft pick in 2008 to the Raiders for Moss, tight end Courtney Anderson and a conditional 2009 draft pick that would depend on how well Rodgers played for the Raiders in 2007 and 2008.

ds8582
03-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Thank god. What a joke this would have been.

Vince Lombardi
03-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Thank god. What a joke this would have been.

That doesn't mean it's not gonna happen....

PACKmanN
03-15-2007, 01:14 PM
if Rodgers is shipped out I want us to draft Drew Stanton.

Smokey
03-15-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm not too happy with Harlan talking so much to the media..

ds8582
03-15-2007, 01:27 PM
That doesn't mean it's not gonna happen....

Its good enough for me. If Harlan doesn't know anything yet, theres a good chance this is just speculation.

princefielder28
03-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Its good enough for me. If Harlan doesn't know anything yet, theres a good chance this is just speculation.

yeah, I'm guessing it'll be a no go

ds8582
03-15-2007, 01:30 PM
yeah, I'm guessing it'll be a no go

Has to be.

cordscords
03-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Harlan didnt really deny anything though. It seems more like a matter of when it's going to be official.

ds8582
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
The terms of the deal are what bother me. I don't want to trade A-Rod.

PACKmanN
03-15-2007, 01:51 PM
The terms of the deal are what bother me. I don't want to trade A-Rod.

i really doubt TT would trade him. Hopfully he saw a qb that can become better then him.

PacMan
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
You gotta believe this is gonna happen. Harlan didn't deny anything, he just said TT hadn't talked to him at all about it. TT hasn't talked to anyone about it cuz he is just low key about everything. Kinda makes you wonder if maybe TT is all for it and Harlan is against it, the way this has been dragging out. Maybe we got a little front office squabble??

ChefMike
03-15-2007, 02:19 PM
I could see you guys drafting a QB in 2nd or 3rd (Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Tyler Palko, Isaih Steinbeck) where there will be a lot of QB's of value that could come in and play behind Favre. I think the sleeper QB no one is really talking about that would make a great addition to any Team would be Jared Zabransky from Boise St. watch out for him in the next few years. Moss would be a steal for Rodgers and a conditional pick next year ?!?!?! your not giving up anything from this years draft which has a lot for the Packers to draft and build on. This would give you the ability to draft a run stuffing DT for the middle of your Defense in the 3rd like a Jay Alford (Penn St) or a Kareem Brown (Miami)

GadoR'Savior
03-15-2007, 02:20 PM

Well there is http://www.Brewerfan.net that has a great board and is a real good brewer site i suggest that haha.

Im happy bout this trade... look
-Marshawn now falls to us because Adrian falls( CJ to Oakland screws up draft)!
-Stanton is better than Rodgers theres are second round pick!
-Countney Anderson is better than Bubba Franks and a decent TE!
-Randy is amazing Driver is amazing Jennings is pretty Darn good!
-Brett Favre is as close to god as there is! Packers offense is goin to explode!

princefielder28
03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Well there is http://www.Brewerfan.net that has a great board and is a real good brewer site i suggest that haha.

Im happy bout this trade... look
-Marshawn now falls to us because Adrian falls( CJ to Oakland screws up draft)!
-Stanton is better than Rodgers theres are second round pick!
-Countney Anderson is better than Bubba Franks and a decent TE!
-Randy is amazing Driver is amazing Jennings is pretty Darn good!
-Brett Favre is as close to god as there is! Packers offense is goin to explode!

The thing I agree with most is the part about #4!

Meta4
03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Moss and Driver on the same team = cornerbacks worst nightmare. There isnt a cb tandem in the nfc north that can handle that duo.

ChefMike
03-15-2007, 02:37 PM
If thats the trade I think your getting a steal. I mean Rodgers could come back and bite you in the butt like Brett has the Falcons but I don't think so. Putting a great QB in front of Randy Moss is only going to make him great again. I would watch to see him make the Pro Bowl again if he comes to Green Bay, you have a legit 2nd option with Donald Driver and Randy Moss playing WR not just DD. "The other Guy" Courtney Alexander is just that a throw in, don't really know anything about him but not sure he was making waves otherwise they would be just giving him away in the deal. I think this deal neds to get done soon but sooner or later he will be playing on the Frozen Tundra for the Packers and not for Oakland.

ds8582
03-15-2007, 02:38 PM
how is courtney anderson any better than bubba franks? why do you consider stanton better than rodgers? the rest i agree with but i thinking trading rodgers is dumb

cheesehead10790
03-15-2007, 02:45 PM
how is courtney anderson any better than bubba franks? why do you consider stanton better than rodgers? the rest i agree with but i thinking trading rodgers is dumb

Anybody is an upgrade from Bubba. Picking up Jerramey Stevens almost sounds better than have Bubba starting for us.

Nobody really knows what Rodgers can do, but we do know what Moss can do. I hope this deal gets done (even though Id prefer sending a 3rd and KGB).

ds8582
03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Courtney Anderson is far from an upgrade. I'll admit Bubba was horrible but I'd prefer drafting a TE. Like I said before, I am not opposed to getting Moss however, giving up on Rodgers is like giving Oakland a 1st round pickfor a player who might play well if he stays healthy and his attitude is in check. Moss has just as many question marks as Rodgers right now.

M1Koter
03-15-2007, 03:10 PM

Rodgers was a better college QB, and a better prospect and thats the only thing you can compare them, Stanton is no upgrade, he's a QB with less experience, I'm with you, trading rodgers is dumb

ds8582
03-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Rodgers was a better college QB, and a better prospect and thats the only thing you can compare them, Stanton is no upgrade, he's a QB with less experience, I'm with you, trading rodgers is dumb

Also, who is the our backup QB if Favre goes down?? Stanton........Ingle Martin neither one I would be overally confident in taking over the team. Not to mention, the A-Rod jersey I own which becomes obsolete if he is traded.

M1Koter
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
ONe of my friends at school brought up a great point. Many people say he just didn't have a QB to throw to him or keep him in line. Most of you guys say farve will. I agree, but what happends to when Farve retires, then what, he's gunna go back and be the same guy he was on the raiders

cheesehead10790
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Not to mention, the A-Rod jersey I own which becomes obsolete if he is traded.

Haha so now the real reason comes out ds8582...

Thats how I felt when KGB's name first came into play (since I have his jersey) but I think its worth it for Moss.

ds8582
03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
ONe of my friends at school brought up a great point. Many people say he just didn't have a QB to throw to him or keep him in line. Most of you guys say farve will. I agree, but what happends to when Farve retires, then what, he's gunna go back and be the same guy he was on the raiders

Absolutely, however my understanding was Moss would restructure his contract into possibly a two year deal. I am not sure if someone just posted that or if I read that on a website.

GadoR'Savior
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Wow for some reason im not to scared bout Favre getting hurt and Martin or Stanton having to come in....it could happen but now how many years has Favre gone without missing a game????
For some reason i think its quit a bit, from what i saw of Rodgers in pre-season and and garbage time, im pretty damn scared for him to step in.

ds8582
03-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Wow for some reason im not to scared bout Favre getting hurt and Martin or Stanton having to come in....it could happen but now how many years has Favre gone without missing a game????
For some reason i think its quit a bit, from what i saw of Rodgers in pre-season and and garbage time, im pretty damn scared for him to step in.

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't happen.

ds8582
03-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Having a solid backup is important to any team.

GadoR'Savior
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
This maybe crazy but I think it is true...Aaron Rodgers, wow this is tough 4 me to say, Aaron Rodgers could be REPLACABLE! I must be crazy to think that there maybe another guy maybe in the NFL ( David Carr or Kyle Boller)or somewhere in college(Drew Stantonor Kevin Kolb) that could be the considered the Packers future if aquired. I know that Rodgers has looked well beyond his years and is without a doubt going to be a great QB for the Packers but i just feel that there maybe is another player that the Packers could get who could be are future QB beside A-Rod butr according to alot of u HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN, with that said, Martin I will now label as the future!

GadoR'Savior
03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't happen.

Like i stated it could but unlikely and I havent seen anything that seperates Rodgers from any other QB on are roster and i know i sounded a bit like a sarcatic @ss on my last message but i just believe that Rodgers could be the future but doesnt have 2 life will go on with or without him and he is really replacable. So i'll just say sorry 4 my sarcasim before.

PacMan
03-15-2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=578111

Vince Lombardi
03-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Thompson is inclined just to wait out Davis with the expectation that the Raiders either will release Moss or trade him to Green Bay for a mid-to-late round draft choice.

Seriously people, don't expect anything to happen until it's atleast close to the draft.

ChefMike
03-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Courtney Anderson is far from an upgrade. I'll admit Bubba was horrible but I'd prefer drafting a TE. Like I said before, I am not opposed to getting Moss however, giving up on Rodgers is like giving Oakland a 1st round pickfor a player who might play well if he stays healthy and his attitude is in check. Moss has just as many question marks as Rodgers right now.

Come on now... Moss had 1 season since he has been in the league where is had injuries to speak of. Moss will be a STEAL in this deal if and when it gets done...this years class of TEs is weak and Olsen could work out to just being a workout warrior he was not great at Miami. Yes he went to Miami but he wasnt anything to write home to Mom about....and the next 2 TE's(Ben Patrick & Zach Miller) are 2nd and 3rd round material at best...

princefielder28
03-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Come on now... Moss had 1 season since he has been in the league where is had injuries to speak of. Moss will be a STEAL in this deal if and when it gets done...this years class of TEs is weak and Olsen could work out to just being a workout warrior he was not great at Miami. Yes he went to Miami but he wasnt anything to write home to Mom about....and the next 2 TE's(Ben Patrick & Zach Miller) are 2nd and 3rd round material at best...

Patrick, in my opinion, is a better prospect than Miller

frogstomp
03-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Ok, you people talking about "we need Rodgers for a back up", and "what if Favre goes down, who then?"

Simply put, Favre getting injured, no matter who your back-up is (unless you sign a big name QB), means *end of season*.

GB12
03-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Ok, you people talking about "we need Rodgers for a back up", and "what if Favre goes down, who then?"

Simply put, Favre getting injured, no matter who your back-up is (unless you sign a big name QB), means *end of season*.

Simply put, Favre doesn't get injured.;)

TitleTown088
03-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Simply put, Favre doesn't get injured.;) Yeah, Favre would play with a broken back.

Even if Favre did get "injured" , we have Ingle Martin. Ingle is the real future for the Packers.

GadoR'Savior
03-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah, Favre would play with a broken back.

Even if Favre did get "injured" , we have Ingle Martin. Ingle is the real future for the Packers.

See Titletown knows whats up!!