PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

bearfan
05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
In physics we are doing a video project, and my partners and I have finished filming our video, but when we went to edit it Windows Movie Maker came up with a "couldnt find source, try again" (something similar to that). We have a USB/Firewire cable hooked up to the camera, so we dont know why it wont capture onto the computer. If anyone can help, +rep

2nd question: Is there a way to get clips from Youtube onto movie maker?

Thanks

ImBrotherCain
05-26-2008, 10:43 PM
I cant answer your first question other than maybe try saving the file on the comp then opening it with Windows Movie Maker... but if you search on the internet you can find certain programs that can rip videos from youtube... I cant help you with a site though... :-\

GB12
05-26-2008, 10:47 PM
In physics we are doing a video project, and my partners and I have finished filming our video, but when we went to edit it Windows Movie Maker came up with a "couldnt find source, try again" (something similar to that). We have a USB/Firewire cable hooked up to the camera, so we dont know why it wont capture onto the computer. If anyone can help, +rep

2nd question: Is there a way to get clips from Youtube onto movie maker?

Thanks

Ha, I just did a ton of video editing with Windows Movie Maker today. I think I had the same problem at first. You probably need to run the driver for the camera.

Staubach12
05-26-2008, 10:54 PM
http://vixy.net

This site can download YouTube videos onto your computer. Just put in the URL for the video, choose your file type, and go.

bearfan
05-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Ha, I just did a ton of video editing with Windows Movie Maker today. I think I had the same problem at first. You probably need to run the driver for the camera.

What do you mean by running the driver for the camera?
His camera is probably at least 4 years old, but it should still be able to download onto a computer since its a digicam right?

And thanks for the Vixi, +rep

GB12
05-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Do you have the CD that came with the camera?

Staubach12
05-27-2008, 03:11 PM
What do you mean by running the driver for the camera?
His camera is probably at least 4 years old, but it should still be able to download onto a computer since its a digicam right?

And thanks for the Vixi, +rep

No problem.

bearfan
05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys, we eventually got it, what we needed was a firewire cable.