PDA

View Full Version : SEC coaches vote 9-3 in favor of early signing period

Sniper
05-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I didn't know whether to put this in the SEC thread or not, but it's kind of a big deal. Obviously Urban Meyer voted against it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3416345

Discuss.

BigJohn98
05-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Of course Meyer voted against it. He needs more time to come up with dirty recruiting tactics and bribe kids to come and play for him.

Hwoarang
05-28-2008, 09:20 PM
A lot of Texas and Aggie fans claim Miles is a dirty recruiter. Does anyone else feel this way?

Also, I think if a players made his mind up and is ready to commit he should be able to. If he wants to leave ask the school for a dismissal.

neko4
05-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Kind of funny that 3 of the most well-known coaches in the SEC voted against it

The only other one i can think of off the top of my head is Miles

Hwoarang
05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
The only other one i can think of off the top of my head is Miles

The only what?

Croom points out many more prospects are already taking unofficial visits during the summer and fall months. The SEC's new proposal would allow prospects to continue taking unofficial visits where they pay their own way and still be eligible to sign early. But if a prospect takes an official visit, one that's paid for by a school, he would be locked into having to sign in February.I actually like that idea.

neko4
05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
The only what?

More well-known SEC coaches

I was saying that 3 out of the 4 most well-known SEC coaches voted against it and that miles the 4th voted for it. Not sure if thats important in anyway though

Cigaro
05-29-2008, 06:37 AM
More well-known SEC coaches

I was saying that 3 out of the 4 most well-known SEC coaches voted against it and that miles the 4th voted for it. Not sure if thats important in anyway though

Yeah, because Mark Richt and Nick Saban aren't really that well known.

504 to ATL
05-30-2008, 06:18 AM
A lot of Texas and Aggie fans claim Miles is a dirty recruiter. Does anyone else feel this way?

They would spit that garbage too. Its all because dating back to his days at OSU and now LSU he has been very successful in gathering in players from the state of Texas. I guess schools in Texas take offense to a coach who "steals" players from their own backyard.