PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

skinzzfan25
05-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I know summer is approaching, which is perfect for concerts.

I went to the Kanye/N.E.R.D./Lupe Glow in the Dark tour in VA a few weeks ago and it was great.

What concerts are you planning to see? Or what was the best one you've been to? Who's good live?

slightlyaraiderfan
05-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Fall of Troy
The Cure (this sunday)
Bloc Party
Wolf Parade
Radiohead (twice)

I'm sure a few more will come up here and there.

bsaza2358
05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I saw Ben Folds last night, which was very, very good. Saw Paramore with Jimmy Eat World in April. Going to see Journey with Heart and Cheap Trick in August.

skinzzfan25
05-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Oo yeah I forgot I'm defiantly goin to the Rock the Bells tour.

A TRIBE CALLED QUEST, NAS, MOS DEF, DE LA SOUL, RAKIM, METHOD MAN & REDMAN, RAEKWON & GHOSTFACE, IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE, DEAD PREZ, MURS, SPANK ROCK, WALE, KID SISTER, SANTOGOLD, JAY ELECTRONICA, B.O.B., KIDZ IN THE HALL, AMANDA BLANK

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS: THE PHARCYDE

Now that should be sick.

Im_a_Romosexual
05-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Im seeing

Boston and Poison at Rockfest in Cadott
Tom Petty and Steve Miller at Summerfest
REO Speedwagon at Beloit Riverfest
Styx and Boston in West Bend

rchrd
05-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Only one's that are booked so far are The Black Keys, Band of Horses and Download (Offspring and Incubus day). No doubt many many many more to be added.

ImBrotherCain
05-29-2008, 03:26 PM
The only one i got so far is the Dethklok show on 6/22

themaninblack
05-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm going to Bonnaroo June 12th-15th and I might be going to Radiohead in Indianapolis August 3rd.

Splat
05-29-2008, 03:43 PM
The last show I went to was Casting Crowns best show I have ever been to and I have been to alot of shows.

Chucky
05-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Two Nights ago I saw Eric Clapton which was fantastic, the man has still got it, my favourites were Cocaine and Hoochie Coochie Man. The Encore was ******* incredible, and the opening band is my favourtie band around today

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/28/images/large/Latitud_Robert_1287580.jpg

thefalconer
05-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm going to Bonnaroo June 12th-15th and I might be going to Radiohead in Indianapolis August 3rd.

my friends are working at bonnaroo. look for the "asian sensation" vendor lol. their chinese food is good.

Sniper
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I'll be in Mexico when Kenny Chesney comes to my neck of the woods and I'll be at school when Toby Keith comes. So I'm **** out of luck this year when it comes to concerts.

Hwoarang
05-29-2008, 05:12 PM
I want so much to catch a Coldplay concert. My cousin wentr to one in Houston and said the light show the phenomenal.

tEk
05-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Two Nights ago I saw Eric Clapton which was fantastic, the man has still got it, my favourites were Cocaine and Hoochie Coochie Man. The Encore was ******* incredible, and the opening band is my favourtie band around today

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/28/images/large/Latitud_Robert_1287580.jpg
feel lucky to be graced by clapton at least once in your life. im envious.

RoyHall#1
05-29-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm seeing Radiohead in August. How were they sarf?

OSUGiants17
05-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I have seen
Black47(7 or 8 times, go every St. Patties for 7 or 8 years now.)
Jet
Green Day(2x)
Red Hot Chillie Peppers
Rancid(once but going to see them again this summer)
Anti-Flag(2x, the 2nd time was their "Bright Lights of America" tour with the Briggs, The Street Dogs and some band called Fake Problems)
Dropkick Murphys(might see them again this summer with the Mighty Mighty Bostones)
Social Distortion(2x)
Mike Ness(just saw him a few weeks ago at Irving and it was AMAZING)
Was going to see the Alman Brothers this month at the beacon but the shows were all canceled.

dbro
05-29-2008, 05:55 PM
If anyone has the oppurtunity to see Meriwether or Atreyu in concert i definately recomend it

kwilk103
05-29-2008, 05:59 PM
only concert i've been to was the Alabama farewell tour

really good show

i dont feel the need to spend the money on concerts; thats just me though

neko4
05-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Journey is coming!

keylime_5
05-29-2008, 06:20 PM
already saw Radiohead on May 9 in Charlotte. Fantastic show, lights were great. Here's the set they played for anyone interested:

1. All I Need
2. There There
3. Airbag
4. 15 Step
5. Nude
6. Sail To The Moon
7. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
8. Myxomatosis
9. Idioteque
10. Morning Bell
11. Videotape
12. Optimistic
13. Where I End and You Begin
14. You And Whose Army?
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. Bangers and Mash
17. Bodysnatchers

Encore:

18. Go Slowly
19. Talk Show Host
20. Exit Music (for a film)
21. Planet Telex
22. House of Cards

Encore 2:

23. Paranoid Android
24. Reckoner

not going to anymore shows this summer, no more money except for school

Sniper
05-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Am I the only country fan on here?

kwilk103
05-29-2008, 06:27 PM

no, i just dont go to a lot of concerts

only one i've been to is the Alabama farewell tour

i just dont like the spending the money

keylime_5
05-29-2008, 06:28 PM
The only country I like is basically the rockabilly stuff like Johnny Cash and Gram Parsons and anything country rock like the Grateful Dead, Carl Perkins, Elvis, Orbison, Byrds, etc. Everyone likes Loretta Lynn. Bluegrass is cool but it's not really country country.

RoyHall#1
05-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Good god that Encore 2 would be amazing. My 2 favorite songs of theirs right there.

But no Creep, Just, or Karma Police is disappointing.

CashmoneyDrew
05-29-2008, 07:31 PM

I live in Nashville and I megaloathe country music.

neko4
05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
I love country
Love all music really. Except the ever contradictory pop-punk brand of music like All time low

OSUGiants17
05-29-2008, 08:26 PM
I have seen
Black47(7 or 8 times, go every St. Patties for 7 or 8 years now.)
Jet
Green Day(2x)
Red Hot Chillie Peppers
Rancid(once but going to see them again this summer)
Anti-Flag(2x, the 2nd time was their "Bright Lights of America" tour with the Briggs, The Street Dogs and some band called Fake Problems)
Dropkick Murphys(might see them again this summer with the Mighty Mighty Bostones)
Social Distortion(2x)
Mike Ness(just saw him a few weeks ago at Irving and it was AMAZING)
Was going to see the Alman Brothers this month at the beacon but the shows were all canceled.

bumping to new page. Has anyone else seen any of these guys?

fischbowl
05-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I love country, but prefer alt country (and the likenesses of Eric Church (The Truth!)/ Rodney Atkins)

This summer possibly Less Than Jake with Suburban Legends, Big D and the Kids Table, and maybe Bomb The Music Industry.

Seeing NoFX in October but that's all i have planned so far

Yatta!
05-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Best gig I've been to is the Foo Fighters, Feeder were pretty good as well.

I really want to go to a concert, haven't been to see any live bands for ages.

Jay
05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
I pretty much stopped going to shows. Lost interest. I've probably been to 500 or more. I've seen bands 10+ times by accident. I've seen Sevendust the most... 23 times. Love that band.

Brent
05-29-2008, 09:35 PM
I've seen my friends' bands a ton of times in the past few years. Don't think I will go to another one for a while though. I, like Jay, have pretty much stopped going to shows. The people there ruin it for me, mostly because they are 16 years old and come to see terrible bands like Alesana or Mayday Parade and then leave before As Cities Burn or Maylene & the Sons of Disaster come on.

Jay
05-29-2008, 09:46 PM
My biggest reason is because I just get tired of the music industry. I don't go out of total selfish reasons. If I am not shooting the show, I could care less. And quite frankly, I am just sick of going through the process of shooting shows. Maybe when I add a couple more lens's the fire will rekindle, but I've seen everyone I want to see, MANY times, so I am just not in that big of a hurry...

slightlyaraiderfan
05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I would be tired of shows too if I've had to see Sevendust 23 times.

Jay
05-29-2008, 10:23 PM
That would be unfortunate for you.

Sniper
05-29-2008, 10:32 PM
I love country, but prefer alt country (and the likenesses of Eric Church (The Truth!)/ Rodney Atkins)

This summer possibly Less Than Jake with Suburban Legends, Big D and the Kids Table, and maybe Bomb The Music Industry.

Seeing NoFX in October but that's all i have planned so far

E-HIGH FIVE FOR ERIC CHURCH!

We've discussed this, but he's the man.

awfullyquiet
05-29-2008, 10:45 PM
I would be tired of shows too if I've had to see Sevendust 23 times.

WA-ZING. Where's eru when you need him.

Seriously though. What's with light shows? Who cares. I'm about the god damn music. Watching the instrumentation.

I'm going to go see a bunch of bands no one have ever heard of.

MANS., Victor! Fix the Sun, Men as Trees, Enuma Elis, Iwanu Ga Hana, Native, Loose Lips Sink Ships...

NO WAIT I LIED

Do Division Fest is coming up. and that's a bunch of good bands on saturday...

Lucero, Ted Leo and The Pharmacists, Tally Hall, Frightened Rabbit, The 1900s, De Novo Dahl, Gil Mantera's Party Dream, Bear hands, Tight Phantomz, Mucca Pazza, Occidental Brothers Dance Band International, Muldoon, Tully Monster...

Lucero is way dope. Same with Gil Mantera and Ted Leo. And Mucca Pazza (the punk rock marching band!)

Beans
05-29-2008, 10:57 PM
goin to my first concert in late july, foo fighters at the izod center

aww yeah

A Perfect Score
05-29-2008, 11:02 PM
ive been to more concerts then i can remember...but warped tour is always a good time. I was up on stage singing "kiss me im shitfaced" with Dropkick a few years ago, it was awesome!

however, best concert ive ever been to is anti-flag/jimmy eat world/green day on their american idiot tour. say what you want about htem, but green day know how to put on a ******* show. It was incredible. anti flag were also good. AND I love jimmy eat world.

Brent
05-29-2008, 11:07 PM
warped tour is always a good time
I cannot stand Warped. I am so glad my friends havent dragged me to that since like 06. Honestly, each band plays like 4-5 songs, you're out in 100+ degree weather, surrounded by 14 year old kids who think smoking is the coolest thing you can do and at the most you are there to see like 5 bands.

A Perfect Score
05-29-2008, 11:17 PM
I cannot stand Warped. I am so glad my friends havent dragged me to that since like 06. Honestly, each band plays like 4-5 songs, you're out in 100+ degree weather, surrounded by 14 year old kids who think smoking is the coolest thing you can do and at the most you are there to see like 5 bands.

really? warped tour isnt like that at all here...its alot of fun here. of course, its alot cooler in canada :P i didnt go last year, and i might not have went the year before...cause i cant remember if i went to taste of chaos last year either...i dunno, but thrice was really good in concert at TOC. i dunno, i get it all mixed up lol im not usually sober at these events

awfullyquiet
05-29-2008, 11:18 PM
ive been to more concerts then i can remember...but warped tour is always a good time. I was up on stage singing "kiss me im shitfaced" with Dropkick a few years ago, it was awesome!

however, best concert ive ever been to is anti-flag/jimmy eat world/green day on their american idiot tour. say what you want about htem, but green day know how to put on a ******* show. It was incredible. anti flag were also good. AND I love jimmy eat world.

you shoulda seen jimmy eat world on their clarity tour.

****. smoking up with jim adkins was the coolest when i was in college. that was a long. long long time ago.

chicago honestly has the best street fests ever with random bands.

end of june we have: Cursive, Maria Taylor, Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Maritime, Johnathan Rice, American Music Club, The Redwalls, Unwed Sailor, Waco Brothers, Sybris, The Smoking Popes, Nik Freitas, Justin Townes Earle.

Five bucks.

pierce2walker
05-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Already got my tickets to Rock the Bells in LA this summer...should be awesome.

I think the two best shows Ive been to live are The Roots and Binary Star, both of whom Ive seen twice. Binary Star is my favorite group and they are awesome live and give a great personal feeling when playing in a small venue. I also got to meet Senim Silla and One Be Lo who are both really cool guys. The Roots are just absolutely mind blowing live. They are basically a live rock and jazz band with Black Thought rapping over the top and they are super creative in their performance. A lot of the stuff they do is not on their CDs...so if you are a Roots fan you definitely need to see them live to gain the full roots experience...incredible.

Some of my other favorites live have been Murs (also a really chill guy), Zion I, Living Legends, and Little Brother.

A Perfect Score
05-29-2008, 11:28 PM
oh i forgot, taking back sunday and blink 182 was ******* amazing as well. i was like 15, but it was AWESOME. as in, they tie green day. TBS put on one hell of a show, and well, if you have ever seen blink 182 live you know what an experience that is. good times. the used also played that night, they were very very good as well. that was a good concert

Brent
05-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't even like metal anymore but the best live show I ever saw was Pantera. I think someone was bludgeoned to death that night.

awfullyquiet
05-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't even like metal anymore but the best live show I ever saw was Pantera. I think someone was bludgeoned to death that night.

PANTERA!
DRYWALL!
BUSCH BEER!

themaninblack
05-29-2008, 11:48 PM
my friends are working at bonnaroo. look for the "asian sensation" vendor lol. their chinese food is good.

I'll have to keep an eye out. Chinese food would probably rock my world when im not sober. Which will prolly be the entire time I'm there.

keylime_5
05-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Good god that Encore 2 would be amazing. My 2 favorite songs of theirs right there.

They played Just at some of the other shows so far. Not too many songs from their older albums. They rarely ever play Creep I know and Karma Police is a song they've played once so far this tour.
Here is all their setlists from the tour to date, it gets updated with every new show. Scrolldown list somewhere on the right hand side of the page:
http://radioheadtour2008.blogspot.com/2008_05_09_archive.html

alexschnarr
06-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Bonnaroo in like 2 weeks

kwilk103
06-01-2008, 03:33 PM
jamboree in the hills is like 40 min from my house

might go next year

Hawk
06-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Bonnaroo in like 2 weeks

I'm like 2 hours away, but I can't go:(

eazyb81
06-01-2008, 04:03 PM

They never play Creep. I forget the exact reason why, but I think it's that that they feel it was a bit of a sellout song to get on the radio and get some publicity.

I'm going to Bonnaroo again this year, should be awesome.

slightlyaraiderfan
06-03-2008, 02:05 AM
The Cure was the **** last night, they played for almost 3 hours...god damn.

cunningham06
06-03-2008, 02:28 AM
I'm like 2 hours away, but I can't go:(

You aren't missing much, this year's lineup is pretty weak comparatively. Rothbury has a sweet lineup this year but I can't go.

The Roots are coming in mid june and I can't wait for that show.

ninerfan
06-03-2008, 03:22 AM
goin to my first concert in late july, foo fighters at the izod center

aww yeah

The foo's were in town here late April and they rocked. Not as good as they were 5 - 10 years ago (smaller venues) but its a real good show. Lotsa energy, good lighting and good stadium feel. You should enjoy

pierce2walker
06-03-2008, 04:32 AM
So is anyone here going to Rock the Bells this year? That headliner of A Tribe Called Quest is making me drool...one of my favorite groups of all time.

themaninblack
06-03-2008, 12:54 PM
You aren't missing much, this year's lineup is pretty weak comparatively. Rothbury has a sweet lineup this year but I can't go.

This years lineup has grown on me a lot recently. The only day of the festival that isn't jam packed with bands I want to see is Sunday but I still get to see Robert Plant then Death Cab then.

skinzzfan25
06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
So is anyone here going to Rock the Bells this year? That headliner of A Tribe Called Quest is making me drool...one of my favorite groups of all time.

Posted it on page one, getting my tickets tomorrow hopefully.

pierce2walker
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Yea definitely go see The Roots if you have the chance...they are incredible live.

draftguru151
06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Gonna see RX Bandits last July and Coheed and Catch 22 in the beginning of August. All within about a week. Gonna be sick.

fischbowl
06-03-2008, 07:59 PM
DG and Sarf are lucky. Seeing two of my favorite bands (Catch 22 and the Cure respectively) while I am not seeing them, is unjustified

hobbes2053
06-03-2008, 08:19 PM
going to bonnaroo (june 12-15), 311 & snoop dogg (july 5), and radiohead (august 3)

Bills2083
06-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I've been to a Green Day Concert, and I'm going to a Foo Fighters concert in July.

cunningham06
06-04-2008, 10:53 AM
This years lineup has grown on me a lot recently. The only day of the festival that isn't jam packed with bands I want to see is Sunday but I still get to see Robert Plant then Death Cab then.

The fact that mainstream bands that aren't very talented at their instruments like Death Cab and O.A.R. are playing and bands like Gov't Mule and Dr. Dog aren't is why Bonnaroo is getting worse. Bonnaroo is getting more mainstream, I mean Kanye West as a headliner? Seriously? Widespread and Umphrey's will be sweet but there are a ton of terrible bands like Pearl Jam and m.i.a. playing. Metallica is fine, but they just don't belong at Bonnaroo, it's slowly becoming more like the warped tour.

The rap/hip-hop lineup also sucks this year, no roots, no cypress hill.

keylime_5
06-04-2008, 11:13 AM
They never play Creep. I forget the exact reason why, but I think it's that that they feel it was a bit of a sellout song to get on the radio and get some publicity.

I'm going to Bonnaroo again this year, should be awesome.

They play it once and a while. But for such a hit as it was they don't play it even close to the amount of times one would think they should. This has been the case for a long time, since the mid 90s. They hate Creep. But Karma Police is another song that they don't "hate" but they don't play as much as they should. Not complaining, they have so many freakin' great songs it's impossible not to get a good setlist.

themaninblack
06-04-2008, 02:26 PM
The fact that mainstream bands that aren't very talented at their instruments like Death Cab and O.A.R. are playing and bands like Gov't Mule and Dr. Dog aren't is why Bonnaroo is getting worse. Bonnaroo is getting more mainstream, I mean Kanye West as a headliner? Seriously? Widespread and Umphrey's will be sweet but there are a ton of terrible bands like Pearl Jam and m.i.a. playing. Metallica is fine, but they just don't belong at Bonnaroo, it's slowly becoming more like the warped tour.

The rap/hip-hop lineup also sucks this year, no roots, no cypress hill.

I wouldn't put Death Cab anywhere near OAR as far as talent. OAR is complete trash while Death Cab are very talented. I think they are trying to get away from the whole Jam Band hippie rep that goes with Bonnaroo and I have no objections. They have tons of bands from varying styles of music. Jam Bands like WSP and Umphrey's are beating a dead horse IMO. I've got no problems with the headliners with the possible exception of Metallica. The idea that they are going "mainstream" is pretty lame n comparing it to the Warper Tour is not cool. I'm going this year n I'm excited to see a few of the big acts n plenty of the exciting newer bands that will be playing. The Hip Hop lineup is decent outside of Kayne. I like Lupe, Chali 2na, The Coup, and Talib Kweli for the Rap/Hip Hop lineup.

I love the variety in this lineup and while a few headliners are "Mainstream" I'm not prepared to say they are selling out. If the headliners next year are Fall Out Boy and MCR then I might start to agree.

It really sucks they brought in WSP to replace the Allman Bros.

Chucky
06-04-2008, 04:03 PM
It sucks that they have gone away from the Jam Bands, because that is the kind of festival it was supposed to be when it first started. The earlier lineups are the most appealing to me

themaninblack
06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
well I guess if thats your thing. Still, Phil Lesh And Friends has the LONGEST set which lasts for 4 hours and WSP is there. I don't think the Jam Bands will go away but they won't be the defining style at Bonnaroo. Could just be this year though who knows.

Chucky
06-04-2008, 05:02 PM
well I guess if thats your thing. Still, Phil Lesh And Friends has the LONGEST set which lasts for 4 hours and WSP is there. I don't think the Jam Bands will go away but they won't be the defining style at Bonnaroo. Could just be this year though who knows.

I wish I could have gone to the older bonnaroos. Bands like moe, the dead, Mule, Robert Randolph, SCI, Phil Lesh, Ratdog, the atmosphere would have been amazing. I mean honestly like ******* tool, kanye and mettalica

cunningham06
06-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't put Death Cab anywhere near OAR as far as talent. OAR is complete trash while Death Cab are very talented. I think they are trying to get away from the whole Jam Band hippie rep that goes with Bonnaroo and I have no objections. They have tons of bands from varying styles of music. Jam Bands like WSP and Umphrey's are beating a dead horse IMO. I've got no problems with the headliners with the possible exception of Metallica. The idea that they are going "mainstream" is pretty lame n comparing it to the Warper Tour is not cool. I'm going this year n I'm excited to see a few of the big acts n plenty of the exciting newer bands that will be playing. The Hip Hop lineup is decent outside of Kayne. I like Lupe, Chali 2na, The Coup, and Talib Kweli for the Rap/Hip Hop lineup.

I love the variety in this lineup and while a few headliners are "Mainstream" I'm not prepared to say they are selling out. If the headliners next year are Fall Out Boy and MCR then I might start to agree.

It really sucks they brought in WSP to replace the Allman Bros.

I wouldn't throw around very talented so loosely. Death Cab is a bit of a chick band, and while I like Ben Gibbard the rest of the band are nothing too special.

The jam band hippie scene is exactly why Bonnaroo is around. What is so great about bands like Widespread and Umphrey's is that they are constantly experimenting and find more and more inventive ways to make music. I greatly prefer them to many modern rock bands who just try to create a catchy chorus and don't really do much with their instruments.

The fact that Pearl Jam is playing makes the Warped Tour comparison somewhat applicable.

How can you argue that they aren't going mainstream, the rap/hip hop lineup is indicative of that. I really like Chali 2na, the coup, Talib Kweli, and to a degree Lupe, but they have clearly moved towards more commercialized rap. The Roots and Cypress Hill not being in the lineup this year was a major disappointment for me.

I love the Allman Brothers but Widespread is a damn good band. Hey it could be worse, they could have gotten Panic at the Disco or something.

themaninblack
06-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Pearl Jam and the Warped Tour? How in god's name does that work out?

Death Cab is talented whether or not they are a "chick" band. Chris Walla is a very talented guitar player IMO n I play guitar. I understand Jam Bands are/were the foundation of Bonnaroo and they will continue to be a big part of it(hopefully) but there is really no reason to have 10 of the same bands there year in and year out. They are going for variety and they have done that. The Roots were there last year n Cypress the year before. Seems like they need something different.

Also, the lineup is not completely in their control. Bands can't/won't do it every single year so they always have to deal with that. WSP has been there the last FIVE years or something but it was a last minute add so I rly can't complain.

Which one of those Hip Hop artists would you say is mainstream? Lupe maybe but I doubt there is a huge fan base for The Coup or even Talib. Just because Kayne is there doesn't mean they are moving towards a mainstream audience. This is one of the FIRST hip hop headliners they have ever had and you could argue that very few Rap/Hip Hop acts would draw as much as Kayne will. I'm not a fan of him per se but I will probably go see him if there are no conflicts for his Glow In The Dark Set. Plus I doubt anyone would shell out at least $250 just to see Kayne.

cunningham06
06-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Which one of those Hip Hop artists would you say is mainstream? Lupe maybe but I doubt there is a huge fan base for The Coup or even Talib. Just because Kayne is there doesn't mean they are moving towards a mainstream audience. This is one of the FIRST hip hop headliners they have ever had and you could argue that very few Rap/Hip Hop acts would draw as much as Kayne will. I'm not a fan of him per se but I will probably go see him if there are no conflicts for his Glow In The Dark Set. Plus I doubt anyone would shell out at least $250 just to see Kayne.

Lupe has absolutely become mainstream. The song Superstar has become huge, I've even seen it on MTV, and Lupe has become pretty popular. The Coup are awesome, and I agree are not mainstream. Same with Talib. I dunno if I would classify either as underground rap though. Last year Aesop Rock played, the year before that Atmosphere played. While not all of the acts this year are mainstream, there aren't any pure underground groups like Aesop Rock or Atmosphere.

themaninblack
06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I really like the hip hop lineup mainstream or not. There should be a few more underground acts I agree but they got some good ones this year and I am real excited to see Chali 2na late night. The only thing that sucks about the hip/hop lineup is that they all play in the same tent back to back on the same night around the time Sigur Ros is playing which means the only ones I will get to see are The Coup and Chali 2na. I would love to see Aesop Rock though.

awfullyquiet
06-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Note: Sigur Ros is a religious/spiritual experience.

Close your eyes and love with your heart.

themaninblack
06-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Ya I am so excited to see them.

ONE WEEK TO GO.