PDA

View Full Version : Chris Houston

leroyisgod
02-28-2007, 07:49 AM
I have to say that I'm very intereted in Chris Houston after the combine. And seeing some of the clips they showed of him against Dwayne Jarrett got me excited as well. If we indeed move Henry to safety, I'm leaning towards Houston with our 22nd pick.

bigmac076
02-28-2007, 08:07 AM
he had a good game against a WR whom everyone says is slow. Who cares? Hes a great CB don't get me wrong, I just don't understand why people are so high on one performance. Just because Mayock showed you that he was able to shut down Jarrett, you think Houston is the second coming. Guess who is the #1 CB on Mayock's board?

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2007, 08:30 AM
he had a good game against a WR whom everyone says is slow. Who cares? Hes a great CB don't get me wrong, I just don't understand why people are so high on one performance. Just because Mayock showed you that he was able to shut down Jarrett, you think Houston is the second coming. Guess who is the #1 CB on Mayock's board?

It wasnt one performance... he shut down Bowe and Meachem... among others. The problem with Houston is he at times is way too aggressive, so he's gonna get beat a lot. Double moves have killed this kid in the past. Yeah, he's not much of a tackler either... we dont want him in the open field at all. With the bad comes the good, he's gonna get many, many pass deflections, he'll drop a lot of sure ints but, he can definitely cover. Many compare him to Ahmad Carrol... I like him more than Carrol to be honest but, the potential for him to be a bust is there do to his eye popping measurables.

FinChase
02-28-2007, 09:02 AM
It wasnt one performance... he shut down Bowe and Meachem... among others. The problem with Houston is he at times is way too aggressive, so he's gonna get beat a lot. Double moves have killed this kid in the past. Yeah, he's not much of a tackler either... we dont want him in the open field at all. With the bad comes the good, he's gonna get many, many pass deflections, he'll drop a lot of sure ints but, he can definitely cover. Many compare him to Ahmad Carrol... I like him more than Carrol to be honest but, the potential for him to be a bust is there do to his eye popping measurables.

So, let's say at 22, Houston, Hall, and Ross are all sitting there. Which would you take?

Poet3334
02-28-2007, 09:11 AM
I'd take Hall. I think he's a better cover corner, although the difference is slight.

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2007, 09:19 AM
So, let's say at 22, Houston, Hall, and Ross are all sitting there. Which would you take?

I'd go Hall.

If it was Ross and Houston available at 22....I'd go Houston.

No so sure Hall will be available, though. I doubt he will.

bigmac076
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Hall without a doubt.

mtmock
02-28-2007, 07:42 PM
hall...but houston a close # 2

D-Unit
02-28-2007, 07:56 PM
CB? Eeeeeewe....

TNewFan41
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I agree D-Unit. CB?????? EWWWWWWW Gross.

LSUALUM99
02-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Hall by far. Ross second. McCauley third. Houston 4th.

TNewFan41
03-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Really? I like McCauley and Ross too but not over Houston. All Ross is 25, he is old.