PDA

View Full Version : RB Andre Brown, NC State

foozball
06-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Could he be the Rashard Mendenhall of next year's draft. He hasn't really done much, but his YPC have been solid throughout his career. I think everyone has been just waiting for him to explode with a huge year. He has similar size to Mendenhall and Stewart and runs with similar power. He hasn't gotten enough carries throughout a full year to really get a great read on him, but if he stays healthy and gets his carries, I fully expect him to make a Mendenhall type jump up the draft boards.

At 6' 230lbs, and from what I've seen, he's got more than enough speed to run away from people and explode out of the backfield and run people over. Size, power, speed, a reputable school in a reputable conference...all he needs is the production and he's a 1st rounder IMO.

CashmoneyDrew
06-02-2008, 01:27 PM
from what I understand about NC State's RB situation is that there are 3 Rb's who are going to get considerable amounts of carries, so I don't see him having a huge statistical season like Mendenhall.

art vandelay
06-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Love love love love this kid. If he regains his sophomore form and I totally agree could be this year's Mendenhall.

Hines
06-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I really like Andre Brown, but I like Tony Baker just as much.

Mr. Stiller
06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't think he has Mendenhalls Open field ability to dodge tackles, nor does he have Mendenhalls receiving skills.

That said, he's not as fast, but he's a much more powerful runner.

I could see him going at best 2nd round.. Unless a fair amount of 2010 RB's come out..

(Moreno, Spiller, Williams, Wells, Hill, James). I think he'll be a Kolby Smith type... that 3rd-5th rounder who after about 4-6 weeks becomes a very solid compliment in the backfield.

Byrd430
06-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I agree that Andre Brown is going to need some production and prove that he's more than just a power runner and that's gonna be difficult to do in NC State this year.

He's also got to recover from the broken foot he got and prove that he's completely healthy. And I haven't seen a game from him where he's been really dominant.

To me, he's one of the third-down backs in the league. He has some speed, but doesn't really have as much explosiveness as he should have with that speed. So unless he proves some other factors, I see him being a 3-5 rounder that at best can develop into a complimentary back, mainly used in third-down and goalline situations.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree that Andre Brown is going to need some production and prove that he's more than just a power runner and that's gonna be difficult to do in NC State this year.

He's also got to recover from the broken foot he got and prove that he's completely healthy. And I haven't seen a game from him where he's been really dominant.

To me, he's one of the third-down backs in the league. He has some speed, but doesn't really have as much explosiveness as he should have with that speed. So unless he proves some other factors, I see him being a 3-5 rounder that at best can develop into a complimentary back, mainly used in third-down and goalline situations.

I can rfemember one game where he absolutely DOMINATED a pretty good FSU defense.

Byrd430
06-02-2008, 05:44 PM
As a freshman, Brown dominated in his first two real starts against Southern Miss (248 yards) and Florida State (179 yards).

After that, what has he done?

To his credit, he doesn't get a lot of carries and his ypc is very good. It also seems that if Brown can close in on 100 yards, NC State has a win or at least is in a situation to win.

But I've also seen Brown fumble on key plays. Against WF in 2006, he fumbled during a tie-game which became a safety and gave WF a 2-point lead. WF ended up winning by 2.

Then, he also fumbled in the first play of the second half against Maryland when Maryland held on to a 6-0 lead. Maryland scored, making it 13-0 and ended up winning 26-20.

So, to me, Brown still has a LOT to prove.

draftguru151
06-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Last season he regressed a ridiculous amount. Before the injury he ran kinda soft and danced in the backfield way too much. He wasn't given the carries he should have gotten and he wasn't getting a lot of help from the OL but he wasn't very good last season. I was one of his biggest fans before last season but he really needs to step up his play.

ncst8fan83
06-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I really like Andre Brown, but I like Tony Baker just as much.

Remember the name Jamelle Eugene. He'll start over both of them this year.

EvilMonkey
06-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Last season he regressed a ridiculous amount. Before the injury he ran kinda soft and danced in the backfield way too much. He wasn't given the carries he should have gotten and he wasn't getting a lot of help from the OL but he wasn't very good last season. I was one of his biggest fans before last season but he really needs to step up his play.

yeah, i fell in love with him early on but in the games i saw of him last year, wasnt very impressed. Didnt see too much of this anymore....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RNOiG52388