PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 2 movie being filmed near where I live.

eaglesalltheway
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Those of you craving some Transformers info, here it is. It is being filmed in Bethlehem, PA right now by and old steel plant. IT will be in a scene that depict a Japanese city. I think its pretty neat. Ther is some info if anyone was interested.

bsaza2358
06-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Get some exclusive pics. Chop chop.

Paul
06-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Get some exclusive pics of Megan Fox. Chop chop.

There you go.

MetSox17
06-03-2008, 03:53 PM
AAAHHHHHHHHH Megan Fox. What a beauty.

Sniper
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Those of you craving some Transformers info, here it is. It is being filmed in Bethlehem, PA right now by and old steel plant. IT will be in a scene that depict a Japanese city. I think its pretty neat. Ther is some info if anyone was interested.

By the Steel Ice Center?

Paranoidmoonduck
06-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Hopefully this one is less stupid.

draftguru151
06-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Hopefully this one is less stupid.

Indeed. Hopefully this one does transformers some justice.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2008, 04:41 PM
You should try to be an extra.

farfromforgotten
06-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Indeed. Hopefully this one does transformers some justice.

Agreed. The thing about the original cartoon is that it was focused on the Transformers themselves and not really so much the Humans. They had personalities. Compared to in the first Transformer movie that seems to be more focused on the Humans. I was disappointed and dont have much faith that the second movie will be any better.

http://a243.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/2/l_4adbca457813f36ad5f34f68617aae5a.jpg

Soundwave

Go_Eagles77
06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Wow I'm actually going to watch the filming tonight. (I live in Bethlehem)

slightlyaraiderfan
06-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Screw the Transformers movies, lets make this the official Megan Fox thread.

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/meganfox-fhm.jpg

M.O.T.H.
06-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I was going to go but, they only want asian actors to be extras. I would have stole the spotlight from Shia anyway. :)

Go_Eagles77
06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
My one friend who's Korean is gonna be an extra.

BlindSite
06-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I was going to go but, they only want asian actors to be extras. I would have stole the spotlight from Shia anyway. :)

You should see if you can get on to the set as a crappy stage hand of gofer or something, it'd be pretty sweet experience.

Brent
06-03-2008, 07:01 PM
stop them. do everything in your power to stop them. suicide bomb, terroristic threat, I dont care.

farfromforgotten
06-03-2008, 07:28 PM
stop them. do everything in your power to stop them. suicide bomb, terroristic threat, I dont care.

That is great. LOL.

TimD
06-03-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/megan-fox-transformers-81.jpg

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Transformers_Movie_Image/megan_fox_transformers_movie_image.jpg

Go_Eagles77
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I just met Tyrese about an hour and a half ago, unfortunately Megan Fox isn't here.

M.O.T.H.
06-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I just met Tyrese about an hour and a half ago, unfortunately Megan Fox isn't here.

Was today the 1st day or what?

Go_Eagles77
06-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Was today the 1st day or what?

Yesterday was, but today was the first day I went.

WMD
06-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Big deal. Semi Pro filmed near where I live. Will Ferrell has a much better vagina than Megan Fox.

M.O.T.H.
06-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Yesterday was, but today was the first day I went.

Maybe I'll swing by if I get bored tomorrow.

Get to see anything cool?

Go_Eagles77
06-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Big deal. Semi Pro filmed near where I live. Will Ferrell has a much better vagina than Megan Fox.

Megan Fox does seem like a *****.

Go_Eagles77
06-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Maybe I'll swing by if I get bored tomorrow.

Get to see anything cool?

A couple of helicopters and bright flashing lights, nothing too special though.

jayceheathman
06-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Indiana Jones filmed near me and Year One (new Jack Black movie) was as well. One of my friends was an extra in Year One. I thought about it but I didnt get the memo from my teacher since I rarely check my school email account. When I did I was almost a week late from when they took applications.

B-Dawk
06-04-2008, 05:50 AM
I live right next to where part of Indiana Jones was filmed, are you referring to New Haven?

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Get some exclusive pics. Chop chop.

I'll hop on it as quick as I can, but they're keeping it under wraps for the most part, I only saw one pic, but it was pretty sweet. It was on the front cover of our newspapers' local section. It looked like it was straight out of the movie.

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2008, 06:33 AM
By the Steel Ice Center?

Its on Mechanic Street, where my aunt and uncle used to live, and by the Bethlehem Steel Plant.

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2008, 06:34 AM
You should try to be an extra.

Sadly, they're just looking for people of asian decent to be extras, and unfortunately for me, I am a boring white guy. Oh yeah, I said it was supposed to be a Japanese town, I screwed up, it is supposed to be in China.

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2008, 06:40 AM

Yeah this scene is supposed to take place where Tyrese Gibson's and Josh Duhammel's character help the chinese police in a battle against one of the Decepticons. So I'm pretty sure, neither Shia or Megan will be there, unfortunately. If she would be there, I would be willing to drive there just for a glimpse. They are really keeping the vehicles under wraps though, because they don't want us to know which of the Transformers will be in the movie, understandably.

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2008, 06:53 AM
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b_pg001moviefirstb20080603234356,0,5022006.photo

there is the only pic I could find. I think it is pretty sick nasty

Go_Eagles77
06-04-2008, 10:23 AM
That's basically what I saw live, the steel looks awesome with all the movie lights and stuff. It's pretty freaky considering how many times I've driven past it before the movie. The whole sky is lighten up by it, I was there again at Midnight last night and it looked like it was like 8 because of the light. Unfortunately it was raining so there was nothing going on, but it still looked awesome.

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Its a shame that the place is going to be replaced by a hotel.

jballa838
06-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Ok, now when they start filming high school musical 4975t2486niner9470 I'll go and make a thread about it, for those craving HSM info.

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/

there is a box about the movie, click on the photos if you want to see more. Nothing jaw dropping, vut still neat.

Staubach12
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I was almost an extra in the Hannah Montana movie. My friend wanted me to go, but I didn't.

M.O.T.H.
06-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I was almost an extra in the Hannah Montana movie. My friend wanted me to go, but I didn't.

lol. I think you made the right choice...or you missed your calling, I dont know. :)

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 12:00 PM
The Dukes of Hazzard was filmed in a town around mine. Yea, they turned a regular non-hick city into Hickville. I had to pass the bar they used in the movie everyday on my way to school. Stopped to watch one day but never got a shot at Jessica Simpson. Got to see Sean William Scott and Johnny Knoxville though. Yay, one of the worst adaptations of a movie was filmed around my town.

jayceheathman
06-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I live right next to where part of Indiana Jones was filmed, are you referring to New Haven?

I go to school in NM and they filmed a scene in Demming. My friend was an extra for Year One and he said it wasnt that special. You got like minimum wage for standing in the hot sun for 12 hours. He said that they keep the extras far away from the producers and actors/actresses in the movie. When you are needed they have someone tell you where to stand and then they send you back to your own little area. He said he makes more money being a waiter and working far less than he did being an extra.

Brent
06-04-2008, 07:40 PM
as I said before, stop Michael Bay. but on a side note, I have you all beat. just about every episode of Walker, Texas Ranger was shot within biking distance of my house.

brat316
06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
as I said before, stop Michael Bay. but on a side note, I have you all beat. just about every episode of Walker, Texas Ranger was shot within biking distance of my house.

If you want to stop it get UWE BOWL on the Phone

Brent
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
If you want to stop it get UWE BOWL on the Phone
they're both terrible.

M.O.T.H.
06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I hate Bay but, I did like Transformers for the most part. The 1st few scenes were annoying though...way too many explosions, I couldnt even tell what was going on...but, it settled down after that and was actually pretty good.

Brent
06-04-2008, 08:55 PM
it settled down after that and was actually pretty good.
what are you talking about? that ending action scene was like an hour of mindless and unnecessary CGI.

M.O.T.H.
06-04-2008, 08:57 PM
what are you talking about? that ending action scene was like an hour of mindless and unnecessary CGI.

In comparison to the beginning of the movie...I found it tolerable and honestly, not too over the top. It really wasnt all that bad a movie. I am by no means a Transformers purest nor, have I ever watched the cartoon but, I thought the movie was good.

Dr. Gonzo
06-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Transformers was one of the worst films I have ever seen. To make things worse there are people who think MichaeL bay is a good actor because of that piece of ****.

I understand it is exciting have a movie shot near you but it is ******* Transformers 2.

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Was it really that bad of a movie? I mean any movie with Megan Fox in it is amazing!

M.O.T.H.
06-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Was it really that bad of a movie? I mean any movie with Megan Fox in it is amazing!

No it wasnt...I know the theatre experience ruined it for a lot of people because, of sound effect problems. I remember people being upset about it being too loud.

I personally only saw it a few weeks ago, in my living room...and didnt find it to be too loud or anything. I went in w/ minimal expectations and was surprised that I actual came away liking it.

Canadian_kid16
06-04-2008, 09:37 PM

its my favourite movie (I don't watch many movies, so take that with a grain of salt), and I've seen it in both theatres and in my living room

Paranoidmoonduck
06-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Please, it was Bay's classic case of calling a movie something then barely making it about that actual subject. It was filled with immature humor and the moment Megan Fox stopped leaning over engine blocks it was a total bore.

Michael Bay doesn't seem to understand some very integral parts of making a movie.

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Same way I saw it. The only movies I see in theatres are date movies and I don't think Transformers would be a date movie. I bought the DVD when it came out and have watched it quite a few times. I was a Transformers fan when I was a kid but I'm not one of those guys that want it to be just like the damn cartoon. Sorry, I'm not a kid anymore. And if you remember Transformers from 15+ years ago, you have more problems than a damn movie.

eaglesalltheway
06-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Transformers was one of the worst films I have ever seen. To make things worse there are people who think MichaeL bay is a good actor because of that piece of ****.

I understand it is exciting have a movie shot near you but it is ******* Transformers 2.

I'm not a Transformers purest by any menas, but I like the movie. I knew there were people who would be interested about the info, so I though I would provide a kind gesture to those fans and let them know a little bit. Michael Bay is an Actor? Knews to me, I just thought he directed.

Dr. Gonzo
06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I meant to say director. I understand why you made the thread. Hell if Glitter 2 was being filmed near me I would make a thread about it.

soybean
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Please, it was Bay's classic case of calling a movie something then barely making it about that actual subject. It was filled with immature humor and the moment Megan Fox stopped leaning over engine blocks it was a total bore.

Michael Bay doesn't seem to understand some very integral parts of making a movie.

considering how much money the movie made in the box office i would say you're wrong.

producers and directors aren't out there to please stubborn movie-goers like yourself. it's to entertain the easily entertainable general public. get over it.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
considering how much money the movie made in the box office i would say you're wrong.

producers and directors aren't out there to please stubborn movie-goers like yourself. it's to entertain the easily entertainable general public. get over it.

So box office returns are how we're judging the quality of a movie? Just because people go and see it doesn't mean it is good, it just means it advertised a lot.

saintsfan912
06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
So just some peoples opinions mean the movie was bad?

farfromforgotten
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
So box office returns are how we're judging the quality of a movie? Just because people go and see it doesn't mean it is good, it just means it advertised a lot.

I agree with this. The cartoon/super hero/comic book genre is hot right now. Studios and Directors know they could toss any movie together right now that deals with those subjects and people will go see it. Even if you arent that big of a fan, you dont want to be the only one who hasnt went to see it. A lot of those movies are based on special effects and so, you know, you HAVE to see it at the theatre to get the full effect. I assume that a lot of people feel that way, ofcourse I could be wrong.

There is another Incredible Hulk movie coming out already? Didnt they just do one starring Eric Bana not that long ago?

I would say LoTR and Spiderman started this phenomenon and Hollywood is gonna milk it for all its worth. Which is ok with me, as I like a lot of the movies, but I did not care for the way they handled Transformers.

jayceheathman
06-14-2008, 02:31 AM
I saw in the paper that Transformers 2 will be filming near my house in the fall.

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
06-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry, kind of off topic but, Dark Knight was filmed across my sister's apartment and some movie with Rachel McAdams called 'The Return' was filmed in my neighborhood.

BlindSite
06-14-2008, 07:10 PM
People ***** because it was a human centric story featuring transformers rather than a story about robots featuring humans (as was the case in the cartoon).

A lot of people feel that he wasn't true to the cartoon with some of the campiness and so-called "immature humor" again, what they fail to realise is that the cartoon was pretty ****-erotic, immature and made little to no sense in its plots and actions.

The cartoon, realistically got by and was popular because it was about transforming battle robots. No other reason. I can see what Bay was trying to do with the film and he didn't necessarily do a bad job.

People remember the cartoon as being better than it was I think is the issue here.

Dr. Gonzo
06-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I have no issue with it being a poor translation as some people say. What I do take issue with is the fact that Transformers was one of the worst movies I have ever viewed.

saintsfan912
06-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Did I write something offensive in my last post to have it deleted? Just curious.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I have no issue with it being a poor translation as some people say. What I do take issue with is the fact that Transformers was one of the worst movies I have ever viewed.

Yeah, this. I'm no kind of cartoon purist, but that movie was a lost cause. The writing, acting, editing, and artistic choices caused me pain while I watched it. To be honest, all the movie had to do was not drag in a stupid manner between action scenes (like, say, Iron Man managed to not do), but it failed spectacularly at this.

M.O.T.H.
06-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Sorry, kind of off topic but, Dark Knight was filmed across my sister's apartment and some movie with Rachel McAdams called 'The Return' was filmed in my neighborhood.

I dont think she was in that movie. Sarah Michelle Gellar was the star of that movie and it was god awful.

islandboy843
06-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Forest Gump was filled by my house. Seriously

brat316
06-14-2008, 11:02 PM
i like it because things go boom. but I have seen movies where things go boom and it really sucked and i couldn't watch it

saintsfan912
06-14-2008, 11:06 PM
MEGAN FOX! What other reason do you need to like the movie?

Bruce
07-27-2008, 10:46 AM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/500/tf546456kc1.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7244/tf897987iy1.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4451/tf972lb3.jpg

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-27-2008, 11:49 AM

Megan Fox's vagina is for sad people.

eaglesalltheway
07-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Who then become happy people...

L-Train79
07-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Yea it was filming for a while over here. My friends built the fence for the shoot to keep the people out. They got pictures of Optimus Prime before he was painted. It's pretty sweet.

keylime_5
07-27-2008, 04:44 PM
That's nothing, the entire Kevin Bacon film from last year called Death Sentence was filmed in Columbia where I live (well commute to for school/work/culture/etc.). So if you want to use me in six degrees of Kevin Bacon next time, now you can.

BlindSite
07-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Death Sentence was a cool movie

Xonraider
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I agree with this. The cartoon/super hero/comic book genre is hot right now. Studios and Directors know they could toss any movie together right now that deals with those subjects and people will go see it. Even if you arent that big of a fan, you dont want to be the only one who hasnt went to see it. A lot of those movies are based on special effects and so, you know, you HAVE to see it at the theatre to get the full effect. I assume that a lot of people feel that way, ofcourse I could be wrong.

There is another Incredible Hulk movie coming out already? Didnt they just do one starring Eric Bana not that long ago?

I would say LoTR and Spiderman started this phenomenon and Hollywood is gonna milk it for all its worth. Which is ok with me, as I like a lot of the movies, but I did not care for the way they handled Transformers.

Batman is still getting Panama's theatre's full and making lines very annoying.