PDA

View Full Version : The Sopranos Thread

MetSox17
06-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Okay, i searched for one and there wasn't any, so here it is.

I think most of you all would agree that this is indeed a great show, therefore worthy of a thread of its own.

In here, discuss favorite episodes, meaning of said episodes, the ending, anything.

A friend of mine bought the first five seasons and let me borrow them last week. I'm on the fourth episode of the second season and i love this show already. Oh how i wish Junior would get whacked though.

fischbowl
06-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Junior is a great character! You take that back!

MetSox17
06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Lol, he seems bad ass, up until he put a hit on Tony. He got on my sh*t list after that.

And his mother is damn annoying. Seriously, if the directors' intention was to make her as unbearable as possible, give him an award.

Tobzilla
06-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Probably my second favorite series, next to entourage. My favorite character. besides T of course, is Paulie. Everything he says is hilarious, such an odd old man. It's hard for me to pinpoint favorite episodes because there are so many great ones. The ending to the series wasn't as disappointing as some people made it out to be...how do you expect the writers to end a series like the sopranos? I thought cutting to black while hearing Journey's "dont stop believing" was priceless.

Paul
06-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Was a great show obviously, I loved it. Favorite scene of the show has to be Crissy's intervention, it was hysterical. Tony absolutely pissed that Chris killed Adriana's dog, Sil's prepared speech, Paulie being himself, and Benny and everyone beating the **** out of Chris. Classic.

MetSox17
06-04-2008, 12:50 AM
When the heck is Chris gonna get made?!?!

BlindSite
06-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Was a great show obviously, I loved it. Favorite scene of the show has to be Crissy's intervention, it was hysterical. Tony absolutely pissed that Chris killed Adriana's dog, Sil's prepared speech, Paulie being himself, and Benny and everyone beating the **** out of Chris. Classic.

Your hair was in the toilet... Disgusting!

cdub11
06-04-2008, 09:11 AM
sopranos is great, one of my fav. episodes was the season 2 finale

eazyb81
06-04-2008, 10:03 AM
My favorite series of all-time, I still record and watch all the reruns on A&E.

Here's a question that I was thinking about recently: On the episode where Tony tells Chris about the police officer that supposedly killed his dad, do you think that guy really was the killer or was it just another one of Tony's "tests" to check Chrissy's loyalty?

I still chuckle each time I watch that one and hear Chris say "that one, the one in the sombrero?!". LOL

Mr.Regular
06-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Amazing series, I watched the whole thing in less than 2 months, and dont regret it. I also have to agree with whoever said the intervention is the best scene in the series, truly hysterical.
The characters in the show were awesome... for example. it was pretty remarkable how they could make Tony so likable, despite his brutally immoral character, but during the 4th last episode of the series, its like they turned a switch and he was disgustingly unlikable, for the rest of the series. It was all gearing up for the ending (or non-ending). Very cool.

trkaline
06-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I can't help but wonder if they left the last episode open for a movie...would be hard to do but could be done...

MetSox17
06-04-2008, 03:43 PM
sopranos is great, one of my fav. episodes was the season 2 finale

I'm about to watch it in a few minutes. Can't wait

cdub11
06-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm about to watch it in a few minutes. Can't wait

i didnt want to ruin it for you so i didnt say what happens but its pretty good, ENJOY!

MetSox17
06-04-2008, 03:50 PM
i didnt want to ruin it for you so i didnt say what happens but its pretty good, ENJOY!

Yeah, i'm trying to be careful with the posts in here cause i haven't seen a lot of the episodes being mentioned lol

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Just finished watching seasons 1-5, and i was left wanting more. Sucks that i don't have season 6, i wanna see what happens.

Despite Johnny Sack being a little *****, i was disappointed to see him get busted by the feds. Adriana getting whacked was a surprise to me..

Bosanac01
11-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Never saw a full episode of supranos, i will like i fell from mars because im like the only one.

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Never saw a full episode of supranos, i will like i fell from mars because im like the only one.

Lol, not everyone has HBO, or will go out and buy the DVD's. I think it's a hell of a show though, but it's definitely one of those shows that i'd recommend you see from the very beginning.

Bosanac01
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Lol, not everyone has HBO, or will go out and buy the DVD's. I think it's a hell of a show though, but it's definitely one of those shows that i'd recommend you see from the very beginning.

Yea i figured it would be. Once you start you basically get hooked.

The_Dude
11-24-2008, 08:33 PM
The first 3 seasons are about as good as a TV series can get. I happen to think that it starts to go downhill from there, though....

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 08:37 PM
The first 3 seasons are about as good as a TV series can get. I happen to think that it starts to go downhill from there, though....

Once i popped in the first Season 5 dvd, i couldn't stop. I killed that whole season in about three days, and that's cause i go to school every day.

kwilk103
11-24-2008, 08:37 PM
question for our resident jersey posters:

were their guidos before the sopranos? because their are a lot of wannabe tony sopranos at wvu? i always wondred that or if the sopranos influenced them

anyways, i watched 1.5 seasons last summer, but they took up too much space on my computer

i really liked them though, so if there is a site that has all the seasons, pm me

MetSox17
11-24-2008, 08:39 PM
I always get hungry when i watch the show. THEY'RE ALWAYS EATING! And the food looks damn good

The_Dude
11-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Once i popped in the first Season 5 dvd, i couldn't stop. I killed that whole season in about three days, and that's cause i go to school every day.

I can understand that because pretty much every episode ends in a cliff hanger.

I've watched the whole series through twice, and the wife & i are considering starting it all over again.

I still love the show, just think that the quality drops a bit.

Here is the whole series in 9 minutes.... Great Video, but DO NOT watch it if you haven't already watched the series in its entirety.... Spoilers Galore!

AsgRwxx7au0

Jughead10
11-25-2008, 12:03 PM
question for our resident jersey posters:

were their guidos before the sopranos? because their are a lot of wannabe tony sopranos at wvu? i always wondred that or if the sopranos influenced them

anyways, i watched 1.5 seasons last summer, but they took up too much space on my computer

i really liked them though, so if there is a site that has all the seasons, pm me

I've never watched an episode. Never had the desire.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
I found some funny quotes from the Sopranos:

Uncle Junior: Hear about the Chinese godfather? He made them an offer they couldn't understand.

Tony Soprano: I'm in the waste management business. Everybody immediately assumes you're mobbed up. It's a stereotype, and it's offensive.

Paulie Walnuts: Ginny Sacramoni, what she needs is her own zip code.

Vito Spatafore: He's gonna be a vegetable, Tony! A f'ing ******!
Tony Soprano: No, he's gonna be fine.
Ralph Cifaretto: Well, look at the bright side. He wasn't that smart to begin with!

Paulie Walnuts: You’re not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator. (about Valery)
Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like sh...

MetSox17
11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Tony (To Uncle Jun): Hey, you're looking good. Looking better.

Uncle Junior: Tony, if you're gonna lie to me, tell me there's a broad in the car waiting to tongue my balls.