PDA

View Full Version : Benson busted....again

BeerBaron
06-07-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/07/benson-busted-again/

lets be done with him. NOW.

bite the bullet, tear up his contract, and move the **** on.

awful player, can't stay out of trouble....let us be done. we did it with tank, lets do it again

Vikes99ej
06-07-2008, 10:04 AM
God he sucks.

iowatreat54
06-07-2008, 10:07 AM
well, on the plus side, Forte is also rated an 80 overall with more speed at 92, better catching at 78, just as good carrying at 84, and most importantly a beastly 90 at trucking...

I wonder how Benson will try and spin this one...

BeerBaron
06-07-2008, 10:15 AM
well, on the plus side, Forte is also rated an 80 overall with more speed at 92, better catching at 78, just as good carrying at 84, and most importantly a beastly 90 at trucking...

I wonder how Benson will try and spin this one...

lol, the madden rating argument. it wouldnt bother me if we cut him and had a bunch of 69 overalls behind.....i just dont want him as a bear anymore

iowatreat54
06-07-2008, 10:23 AM
yea I was just kidding, but I agree we need to get rid of him because he is worthless

MidwayMonster31
06-07-2008, 10:27 AM
The players and coaches gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time because they thought the cops were out to get him. But this time, he can't get that benefit. He should end up suspended for substance abuse, but he really has no place on this team for next year.

Gay Ork Wang
06-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!

BeerBaron
06-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Fo rte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Fort e!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte! !!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!! Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Fo rte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Fort e!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte! !!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!! Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Forte!!!Fo rte!!!Forte!!!

my thoughts exactly.......Forte on first and 2nd down. AP giving him a breather every couple of drives or so. Garrett Wolfe in on 3rd downs....we could manage

regoob2
06-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I would be suprised if he's still a Bear after this.

BeerBaron
06-07-2008, 04:04 PM
I would be suprised if he's still a Bear after this.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/07/angelo-hints-bensons-job-in-jeopardy/

yep...you tell em JA

LonghornsLegend
06-07-2008, 07:06 PM
I hate this guy so much, he has been doing everything in his power to screw up the talent he had, he needs to be cut...The Bears JUST drafted Forte who was already been rumored to take his job...A competitor works his ass off the entire off-season, and comes back fighting for his life to keep his starter spot, this guy has just been drinking the whole time and getting behind the wheel.

Well if it makes any of you guys feel better, Cadillac Williams tore his knee up and career was shortened by injuries, and Ronnie Brown is just coming back from tearing his ACL...Granted, the other two have showed more potential at one point then Benson ever has, but all 3 of the top backs that year haven't really established themselves like you would expect of top 5 picks.

MidwayMonster31
06-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I hate this guy so much, he has been doing everything in his power to screw up the talent he had, he needs to be cut...The Bears JUST drafted Forte who was already been rumored to take his job...A competitor works his ass off the entire off-season, and comes back fighting for his life to keep his starter spot, this guy has just been drinking the whole time and getting behind the wheel.Too true. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get cut by the end of the week. The Bears thought that running back was a bigger problem than quarterback, and it looks like they were right. Hopefully Wolfe improves his ability to run outside and gets more touches.

Well if it makes any of you guys feel better, Cadillac Williams tore his knee up and career was shortened by injuries, and Ronnie Brown is just coming back from tearing his ACL...Granted, the other two have showed more potential at one point then Benson ever has, but all 3 of the top backs that year haven't really established themselves like you would expect of top 5 picks.Most of that top 10 were total duds or got hurt. Go figure that I hated the only player that turned out to be good (Braylon Edwards).
1- Alex Smith, last chance for him.
2- Ronnie Brown, made progress, but tore ACL.
3- Braylon Edwards, pro-bowler last year.
4- Cedric Benson, see above.
5- Cadillac Williams, ROY, but I'll be surprised if he comes back from those knee injuries.
6- Pacman Jones, very talented, but the Titans played with fire and they got burned.
7- Troy Williamson, stinks.
8- Antrel Rolle, stunk at cornerback, let's see what happens at free safety.
9- Carlos Rogers, not great, was better last year before injuries.
10- Mike Williams, do I really need to say anything?
The Bears were trying, like hell, to trade down, but nobody wanted it for good reason.

BeerBaron
06-07-2008, 11:05 PM
yeah, that was just a godawful draft early on as a whole....

and just so you don't feel like your own your own, i hated braylon edwards back then too. still had too much of a bad taste in my mouth from david ******* terrell....

i did really really want mike williams though, lol. and as ive said a few times already, at least we'd know for sure that he was a bust already...

Bearsfan123
06-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Well dont I feel special Edwards was one of the 2 players I DID want that year....the other being Ronnie Brown if management decided we needed a runningback which I disagreed with.

Crickett
06-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Well dont I feel special Edwards was one of the 2 players I DID want that year....the other being Ronnie Brown if management decided we needed a runningback which I disagreed with.

Every Bears fan I talked to wanted a RB. And not just any RB, but Cedric Benson. If you ever heard or hear me joke about how Benson has "vision", it comes from the conversations I had prior to the 2005 NFL draft with Bears fans.

regoob2
06-08-2008, 03:30 AM
Well dont I feel special Edwards was one of the 2 players I DID want that year....the other being Ronnie Brown if management decided we needed a runningback which I disagreed with.That's how i felt also.

BeerBaron
06-08-2008, 10:44 AM
yeah....i wanted mike williams and not braylon....RB didnt even factor into my mind that year oddly enough

Yung Money
06-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Twice in two months I think we have the new Pacman lol.

GB12
06-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I hate this guy so much, he has been doing everything in his power to screw up the talent he had, he needs to be cut...
Says the guy with a Pacman Jones avatar.

PalmerToCJ
06-08-2008, 03:49 PM
He's just been unbearable...

regoob2
06-08-2008, 04:01 PM
He's just been unbearable...
wow........:rolleyes:

PalmerToCJ
06-08-2008, 04:11 PM
wow........:rolleyes:

lol man I knew how lame it was but I just couldn't resist.

MidwayMonster31
06-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey, now we know how you guys felt after all those arrests that the Bengals have had a couple years ago. But Lewis looks like he's learning.