PDA

View Full Version : Attention Professional Athletes

djp
06-07-2008, 12:41 PM
HIRE A FREAKING DRIVER!

I mean, good god, you make MILLIONS of dollars a year, hiring a driver to drive your drunk ass around could not be that much of an inconvenience.

Athletes are THROWING their careers away because of DUI's, not to mention it is SO DANGEROUS AND STUPID.

It just pisses me off so much.

Xiomera
06-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Listen up Lance Briggs. Among others.

KCJ58
06-07-2008, 12:43 PM
yea athletes who get DUI are so stupid

PACKmanN
06-07-2008, 12:43 PM
HIRE A FREAKING DRIVER!

I mean, good god, you make MILLIONS of dollars a year, hiring a driver to drive your drunk ass around could not be that much of an inconvenience.

Athletes are THROWING their careers away because of DUI's, not to mention it is SO DANGEROUS AND STUPID.

there is 2 other cheaper ways, call a friend to drive you home or take a taxi.

KCJ58
06-07-2008, 12:44 PM
yea I'm also sure some guy in an athletes entourage who mooches off of the athlete anyway could drive him around

Brent
06-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Don't most pro athletes have a bodyguard or posse? I imagine if you had a bodyguard he'd be your driver. And if you are paying for a whole posse to leach off you, the least one could do is be your DD.

JF4
06-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Thank you for saying what everyone already knows.

Crickett
06-07-2008, 01:23 PM
HIRE A FREAKING DRIVER!

Have you even driven a car while drunk? It's so much fun it should be illegal.

Seriously, I don't know why they don't have a driver or something, Or at least a taxi.

Jay
06-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Couldn't agree more.

djp
06-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Have you even driven a car while drunk? It's so much fun it should be illegal.

Seriously, I don't know why they don't have a driver or something, Or at least a taxi.

I have, not smashed, but decently drunk.. but only on local roads. Maybe twice.

yo123
06-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you for saying what everyone already knows.

If everyone knows then why is it that everytime I turn on the news theres 3 more dumbasses that killed someone driving drunk.

awfullyquiet
06-07-2008, 11:29 PM
If everyone knows then why is it that everytime I turn on the news theres 3 more dumbasses that killed someone driving drunk.

and bicyclists... i know someone who was injured in a race. like. a road race where this douchebag was drunk and got mad. and plowed into 30 bikers.

shame.

anyway. i couldn't agree more. pro athletes have one responsibility. play their sport. if they do stuff that interferes with their ability, they should be financially reprimanded.

D-Unit
06-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Does this go for everyone who makes millions? :)

JT Jag
06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
All professional athletes should have a travel fund built into their contracts. Use it for transportation annually or watch it go to waste.

familyguy555
06-07-2008, 11:48 PM
How do you know that the drivers of the athletes wont be drunk though. It happened to a red Wing player in the 90's

jayceheathman
06-08-2008, 12:10 AM
and bicyclists... i know someone who was injured in a race. like. a road race where this douchebag was drunk and got mad. and plowed into 30 bikers.

shame.

anyway. i couldn't agree more. pro athletes have one responsibility. play their sport. if they do stuff that interferes with their ability, they should be financially reprimanded.

So basically if your job was a waiter and your responsibility was to work and serve customers and you did something that interfered with your ability that you should be financially reprimanded? Just making sure this deals with everyone since it seems like this thread is singling out pro athletes.

awfullyquiet
06-08-2008, 12:25 AM
So basically if your job was a waiter and your responsibility was to work and serve customers and you did something that interfered with your ability that you should be financially reprimanded? Just making sure this deals with everyone since it seems like this thread is singling out pro athletes.

if you go to jail. you have all right to be fired from your job.

period.

jayceheathman
06-08-2008, 12:40 AM
if you go to jail. you have all right to be fired from your job.

period.

I agree. Everyone says it pisses them off when only a pro athelete drinks and drives and this thread makes it seem like its okay for people not making millions and in the media to do it. If you are drunk then the amount you spend on alcohol is more likely going to be more expensive than the cab ride so no one has an excuse. The problem is when you are drunk the last thing you think of is what is the responsible thing to do. A lot of college campuses have a free taxi ride for students in that university so cost shouldnt be an issue.

awfullyquiet
06-08-2008, 12:52 AM
I agree. Everyone says it pisses them off when only a pro athelete drinks and drives and this thread makes it seem like its okay for people not making millions and in the media to do it. If you are drunk then the amount you spend on alcohol is more likely going to be more expensive than the cab ride so no one has an excuse. The problem is when you are drunk the last thing you think of is what is the responsible thing to do. A lot of college campuses have a free taxi ride for students in that university so cost shouldnt be an issue.

you're right. but it's not a media friendly image for the league, nor as 'role' models that these kids, and i do say that with the full intent some people call these athletes their heroes.

i think a dui should be a one year suspension from the league. any league. nba. nfl. mlb. wnba. pga. mls. nhl.

it's not fair to allow this to happen. this aforementioned draconian rule will set the precedent and make DDing a top-down affair. because all it takes is once and everyone. EVERYONE will get the message, drinking and driving is not tolerable. You aren't just taking your own life into possible disrepair. you're putting others at risk.

jayceheathman
06-08-2008, 12:53 PM
you're right. but it's not a media friendly image for the league, nor as 'role' models that these kids, and i do say that with the full intent some people call these athletes their heroes.

i think a dui should be a one year suspension from the league. any league. nba. nfl. mlb. wnba. pga. mls. nhl.

it's not fair to allow this to happen. this aforementioned draconian rule will set the precedent and make DDing a top-down affair. because all it takes is once and everyone. EVERYONE will get the message, drinking and driving is not tolerable. You aren't just taking your own life into possible disrepair. you're putting others at risk.

I agree that these players are looked at as role models from kids but I dont agree that you suspend them from the league for a whole year unless you do it to everyone whether famous and making millions or not. That would be bias towards the players because they happened to be exceptionally good at a sport.

Staubach12
06-08-2008, 08:10 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/PfaffVWseller/AwesomeThread.jpg

awfullyquiet
06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I agree that these players are looked at as role models from kids but I dont agree that you suspend them from the league for a whole year unless you do it to everyone whether famous and making millions or not. That would be bias towards the players because they happened to be exceptionally good at a sport.

no. it wouldn't be.
it'd be the leagues responsibility to not promote themselves as a bunch of lawbreakers without repercussions.

sure. legally they should be in the same trouble as any citizen. i don't disagree with you. the league is not the police. the league can and should do what's best for the image of the league. and if they're in the media for not taking swift-judgment on illegal and highly dangerous behaviour, such as drinking and driving, the league is stupid.

i'm just calling you out on your so called 'media/player' bias. it's a bunch of BS. felonies like, dui's, can and do prevent average people from gaining certain employment, because they ARE FELONS. THEY ARE FELONS. it should be no different for the players, if anything you're taking the bias that you're calling on and applying it conversely to players that they don't deserve to have this label on them.

"I dont agree that you suspend them from the league for a whole year unless you do it to everyone whether famous and making millions or not"

who's everyone? everyone? yeah. i agree. ruin everyone's ******* lives because they drive in a two ton death machine that can and does kill people on a daily basis. i also think that when you take away the life and liberty of someone, you should be put to death. so. maybe i'm a little more draconian here, but, i think that any step would be fantastic that reduces drunk driving in a more draconian way. people will stop if they knew they were going to get railed if they got caught.

roughrider30
06-09-2008, 12:04 AM
yea I'm also sure some guy in an athletes entourage who mooches off of the athlete anyway could drive him around

TURTLE!!!!

jayceheathman
06-09-2008, 04:14 AM
no. it wouldn't be.
it'd be the leagues responsibility to not promote themselves as a bunch of lawbreakers without repercussions.

sure. legally they should be in the same trouble as any citizen. i don't disagree with you. the league is not the police. the league can and should do what's best for the image of the league. and if they're in the media for not taking swift-judgment on illegal and highly dangerous behaviour, such as drinking and driving, the league is stupid.

i'm just calling you out on your so called 'media/player' bias. it's a bunch of BS. felonies like, dui's, can and do prevent average people from gaining certain employment, because they ARE FELONS. THEY ARE FELONS. it should be no different for the players, if anything you're taking the bias that you're calling on and applying it conversely to players that they don't deserve to have this label on them.

"I dont agree that you suspend them from the league for a whole year unless you do it to everyone whether famous and making millions or not"

who's everyone? everyone? yeah. i agree. ruin everyone's ******* lives because they drive in a two ton death machine that can and does kill people on a daily basis. i also think that when you take away the life and liberty of someone, you should be put to death. so. maybe i'm a little more draconian here, but, i think that any step would be fantastic that reduces drunk driving in a more draconian way. people will stop if they knew they were going to get railed if they got caught.

Felonies dont stop every "average person" from getting employment. Heck my little brother had possession of marijuana, 2 serving alcohol to miners, 2 MIP's, driving with a suspended license, violating probation, and he still got hired. It didnt stop my brother from getting employment just like its not getting some pro athletes from not getting paid either. How is my media/player BS? This whole thread was made to call out pro players that have millions to buy a driver. The title of the thread is "ATTENTION PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES!"

I agree that the league are not the cops and that Goodell is trying his hardest to clean up the league to the best of his ability.

You cant prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the drunk driver set out to kill the person that died when they crashed and he was drunk so they wont get the death penalty. He will get charged for murder though. There was a case just down the street from my house that teaches two lessons. The driver was drunk and so were the 3 passengers. He crossed the center line and went right onto head on traffic. They ended up crashing and one car ended up in a ditch off the road. The 3 passengers were not wearing seat belts all died at the scene. The driver lived since the steering wheel caught him from flying out of the windshield. All the people in the car that the drunk hit walked away with minor scratches and all were wearing seat belts. I havent heard from the trial and what he got charged with but 3 people died because of him and he survived. always buckle up and dont drink and drive.

M.O.T.H.
06-09-2008, 04:20 AM
TURTLE!!!!

hahahahaha

nobodyinparticular
06-09-2008, 04:33 AM
HIRE A FREAKING DRIVER!

Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it. I'll do that next time.

Duster
06-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Athletes, contrary to popular belief, are human beings. They make mistakes. Doctors, lawyers, teachers, janitors, brick layers...they all get DUIs.

I don't know why you're singling out athletes. They're just more visible so you hear about it more.